Chapter 6

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


[Taeyeon]

I don't know how long I have been asleep but I can feel movements in my surroundings. I don't want to open my eyes just yet. I just want to continue my sleep but the noise around me is getting louder and annoying. I groaned. I wanted to stretch my body but something seems to be stopping me from doing so. I feel some weight on my left shoulder and like something is pulling my arm down. I opened my eyes slowly, adjusting to the bright light. I turned to my left only to realize what's been stopping me from moving my arm...or should I say who. She looks like an angel. A beautiful one. But, her eyes look a bit puffy and red. Did she cry? I wonder why. How could someone make a beautiful angel like her cry?

I shook the unwanted thoughts from my mind but still I failed. Not when she is this close to me. I can feel my body tensed as I inhale her intoxicating scent. Strawberries. No. I can't think of her like this. She hates my guts. She dislikes me like everyone else. I shouldn't let my guard down no matter what. I can't be too sure of what might happen, what could happen. I admit it. I am afraid, so afraid. Of what? Only I knows. 

I wanted to get away from Tiffany. As far as I could go. But, I didn't have the heart to wake Tiffany up so I just let her be. Just for now maybe I can lend her a shoulder since she's got no one but me due to the arrangement we are in right now. I wanted to thank the heavens for pairing us up but I wanted to curse nonstop for this at the same time. I'm confusing right? Well, I'm confused as hell.

I was in too deep in my thoughts, i guess that I forgot why I even woke up until I saw some familiar faces walking down the aisles as if trying to get ready. Getting ready for what? My mind is still disorganized. I still want to go back to sleep. Until I heard the announcement. We will be landing soon. Right. The class trip. Time is ticking too slow in my opinion.

Then, I felt her stirred from her sleep. I froze. I am panicking. What do I do? Should I pretend that i am asleep? Should i push her away? Look at her? Greet her? Ugh. Uh-oh. Here it comes. Oh gosh. Why is she so adorable? The way she rubs her eyes like a kid. Wait! Wait! Her warmth. Tiffany's warmth is gone from my arm. Damn. How i wish she could have stayed a bit longer in that position.

Crap. She finally realized her previous position. I wanted to giggle out loud seeing her pink cheeks. How cute. Huh? She was apologizing. Why? 

"Uhm. I-I'm sorry. I... I didn't mean to. I'm really sorry." She kept muttering.

Ah. I get it now. She kept looking at my arm and shoulder. Like I mind. Of course i didn't. I actually liked having her that close to me. No! No! No! Kim Taeyeon, you are out of your mind! "It's okay. I don't mind." I answered rather coldly? I think. 

She bowed at me and her cheeks rather looked more flushed. Hmmmm. 

Finally, it is time to go. I am starving and I am so sleepy. I'm just hoping I'd get a room for myself and be sharing with no one.

The bus that's going to take us to the village was already there. As soon as we all got off the plane, usual routine was done. Head count. Lining up. Announcements. Head count, again. We are like elementary school students off to go on a trip to the zoo.

I felt my body stiffened and electricity jolted through my body and knots were inside my stomach all of a sudden. Am I hyperventilating? Breathe, Taeyeon. Breathe. Her... Her soft hand... Her soft hand brushed against mine. More than once. Or am I just imagining it? Breathe. I need to breathe.

I closed my eyes. I need to calm myself. And I saw her. Tiffany.  

*****

[Tiffany]

I feel so refreshed. I feel well rested even with just a couple hours of sleep. So comfortable. Much more comfortable than my bed and pillows. It is so warm, just the right kind of warm. Soft and smooth. And smells so good. Vanilla and lavender. So soothing. I clung tighter not wanting to let go of the source of all these wonderful things. I haven't felt this so relaxed and i haven't had a good rest like this in so long.

But, it's so loud. Too noisy and it is irritating. Where's the damn snooze button?! Ugh. I said it's too loud! Sigh. My mind keeps running, i can't seem to go back to that peaceful and amazing dreamland. My eyes fluttered open slowly, adjusting to the light and the surroundings. Where am I? Oh. The plane. Right. I'm at the plane yet I slept comfortably. That's weird. 

Oh. I saw Jessica and Sunny across the aisle , a few seats to the front. Oh. We are about to land. Finally. I wanted to get some decent food. Wait. How did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter