Chapter 11

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


[Taeyeon]

I pulled the boat to shore as I look for a place where we both can settle down until, well, rescue comes. I dragged the boat close to the trees but not too far from the shore as well. I made sure that it would be at least safe to where it is at.

After that, I checked whatever is in the boat that cramped us up last night and earlier. For an inflatable boat like this, it seems like it has something more than what usually it would have. I guess the owner either just used this or was just about to use it.

I took my bag and case out of the boat as well as Tiffany's bag before I checked one by one what other things were there. Life vests, pair of oar, first aid kit and a small tool box-- that holds a flashlight, flare torch, knife, fishing hooks, matches. Luckily, oh we are so fortunate, there is a really small pot too, bottled water and a couple of canned goods and packs of ramen. I guess the owner often goes out and fish or something with this boat to have it equipped as such.

I should thank Tiffany, I told myself, for choosing this boat out of all the boats she could have possibly picked upon hiding. How lucky else could we get in this situation we are in aside from being alive?

"Taeyeon." Her voice brought me back from my thoughts. I had her sit at a big rock as I try to fix a comfortable place for her to sleep.

I looked at her direction before answering her, "Yes?"

"Let me help you, Taeyeon."

"Uhm. No it's okay. You need to rest your foot."

"But-"

"It's okay. I'll just finish up here and I'll help you move here on the boat so we could have dinner before it gets dark."

"Okay..." Tiffany mumbled in defeat.

I moved everything out of the boat and arranged it on the cover that I laid next to it. Then i slowly walked to Tiffany to help her. I don't know why but everytime she gets near me, I feel like my heart is about to explode from nervousness. I offered my hand as I slowly wrapped my other arm around her waist, carrying her off of the rock. I offered to carry her, as my face turned red, nut she refused so i just wrapped her arm on my shoulders, my arm on her waist and walked slowly to the boat.

"Sit inside and try to feel as comfortable as you can. I'll just get some wood and twigs." And before I left to get some wood for fire, I gave her one of the sandwiches I got from the festival and water. She asked me to eat with her but I refused. I wanted to start a fire before night falls or we might both get cold.

After a few trips back and forth, i was finally able to set up a bonfire close to us but not too close to cause any unnecessary accidents.

It has been really quiet between us after I told her to sit comfortable and to eat. I ate my sandwich and offered her half of it in case she is still hungry. She refused.

We watched as the sun sets, still in complete silence, until i heard sniffing sounds. I looked at her and was surprised to see her crying. Idiot me, I panicked. What do I do? It's not like I have friends or anyone to comfort or what, so i really have no idea. I stood up from where I was sitting at and approached her carefully. I leaned on the side of the boat.

"Erm. Ah, a-are you okay? Why are you cry-crying? Does your foot hurt? Do you need medicine?" I babbled.

She shook her head. Omo. What should I do?! I kept looking around, thinking, confused as to what should i do when she finally spoke up.

"Tae-Taeyeon..."

I turned my gaze on her and my eyes met her red, glistening eyes. I hummed in response.

"A-are we going to d-die?"

I sighed. "Hmmm. I honestly don't know. But for sure people would be looking for you so I guess you just have to wait a little longer and make sure you are safe and fine while you wait."

"J-just me?" She asked, as she slowly calms down from her crying.

I shrugged. "Yeah. I guess."

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"They're looking for you too for sure."

"Nah. I doubt it. And I think you know it too." I scoffed.

She frowned and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter