Chapter 18

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The students who were involved from the party incident were summoned by the school principal for disciplinary actions which were also consulted and decided by the school's board of directors. 

Jisoo and his friends who were part of the football team were suspended for two weeks both academically and in athletics. Jessica, Yuri, Sunny, Sooyoung and the others who were also caught were given a week suspension and asked to do few hours of community service.

The case of Taeyeon and Tiffany has now spread like wildfire. The media is trying to get more and more involved, disrupting the investigation at times.

Their parents seemed to have aged ten years; stress and worry and despair is so evident in their faces. Fear is what their eyes show aside from tiredness.

That is until the police had finally found a break on the case. The police who were investigating on Taeyeon and Tiffany's case figured out what really happened that night. The CCTVs and the last videos that were submitted to them recently by two teenage local citizens gave them the answers. 

The first video showed an angle of where Taeyeon and Tiffany were running away from a group of guys, yelling after them. It showed a Taeyeon pulling a Tiffany with her as they ran and ran away. And what everyone have missed seeing was couple of guys who have some sort of a sharp object in their hands while running after the two girls. The other video was showing a different angle and more from the dock. It showed the running girls, the part when Tiffany hid on the boat and Taeyeon returned but was cut off after showing the part of the boys looking at the very first boat.

It was enough for the police to conclude that the missing boat was indeed where the two girls were. Also, they were able to identify who were running after them. It was reported immediately to the school principal and board of directors as well.

The parents of both Taeyeon and Tiffany were in total shock after seeing all the videos - from the CCTVs to the videos submitted by the cooperative and kind citizens.

The problem now is where to start looking and how? 

*****

[Taeyeon]

I can't believe I am saying all these right now to her. It is so darn weird. How can it be this easy and comfortable to talk to her about these things?

And how was she able to tell how I really felt inside? She said it was through my eyes. My eyes. What about it? There's nothing special about my eyes anyway. 

I didn't know what to say next. I just sat there, at loss for words with my eyes closed. 

Suddenly, i felt like electricity traveled through my whole body the moment I felt her hand covered mine. So warm. So soft. 

I can't help but smile because it made me feel happy inside. It's so new and raw. And although it makes me happy, it scares the hell out of me too.

I felt her squeeze my hand lightly and I returned it. "Sorry." I mumbled.

"For what?" I opened my eyes and looked at her. She was looking at me as if she has been watching me all this time.

"I...honestly don't know." I answered, looking away from her.

"Then you have nothing to be sorry about." 

I'm thankful that she didn't ask any further about what I said about myself. Though it seemed to be easy for me to talk to her, I am still afraid.

The truth is I am really afraid of being alone. But, I live my life just like that and there isn't a day that passes by and leaves me even more scared than the day before.

"We should get going. It is getting dark. We need to rest too. I am planning on making us a different shelter, a more comfortable one hopefully." I said breaking the silence, but not looking at her still.

I felt a light tug on my hand. Instinctively, I turned my head and was met by the most gentle and beautiful brown orbs. I can feel myself melting from her gaze.

I felt my breath hitched as she moved closer. I can feel her warm breath against my skin. I gulped nervously. I wanted to look away but her eyes kept me drawn to her. And then I felt her body against mine as she wrapped her arms around me. I tensed but my body relaxed afterwards. She didn't let go and I let myself loose and relax in her touch but I remained still, my arms awkwardly still on my sides.

"It's okay, TaeT

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter