Chapter 4

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun hasn't fully come out yet but two bodies were already dragging theirselves around, preparing for the class trip that they never knew would be the turning point of their lives; the point where eveyrthing will turn upside down, everything will change.

*****

Taeyeon roused from her sleep after hearing the nonstop knocking from her bedroom door. She just groaned, turned and covered her head with her pillow as the knocking continued. Few minutes later, Taeyeon found peace again as the constant knocking and calling of her name stopped. 

Unfortunately, she can't go back to sleep anymore as her body was fully awakened by the noise just a few moments ago. She lazily stretched her petite body, yawning, squinting and rubbing her eyes and looked to her side to see what time it is. 04:35, her digital clock read. She could only sigh before forcing herself to get up and start preparing, wanting to avoid the possibility of having her father come up to get her. Their house maid is more than enough already for her.

After dressing up and double checking her stuff for the trip, she descended from the stairs with her duffel and book bag. She can already see her father at the dining table, drinking coffee and reading the newspaper, waiting for her.

*****


The sound of the alarm clock filled the room. Tiffany stirred and turned with eyes still closed as she tried to turn the alarm off by searching for it with her hand. Few minutes later, she pulled the blanket off of her head and strecthed her body as she let her eyes adjust to the light that is slowly filling her 'pink' room, her sanctuary.

Tiffany got up and busied herself with preparing and getting ready, making sure she has everything she would need for the week-long trip. Shew as wondering what it would be like for her to be away from her home for a week. It has always been something she has thought of, something she has wished for. 

Tiffany saw her mother already sitting at the dinner table, with breakfast ready for her already. Her father? No where to be seen. Again. She knows that something is going on but they kept on denying it. As if she doesn't and she wouldn't understand at all. They keep on telling her how smart and intelligent she is yet they can't even be honest with her about what is really going on in their so-called perfect family, perfect home. She could only sigh and shrug it off.

*****

0615am. Tiffany was the first one to arrive. Not surprising at all-- she was assigned by the teachers to make a list of suggested additional activities and a timetable for it. What's surprising is just a couple of minutes later, another student arrived. Taeyeon. Tiffany was busy talking to the teachers coming with them-- their homeroom advisor, math and PE teachers-- and she saw the surprised looks on her teachers' faces so she turned around only to be greeted by a Taeyeon with her head hanging low.

*****

[Tiffany]

As always, I am early again. It's not that i want and like to but I have to. These responsibilities the teachers' are all giving me have really became a burden for me. Definitely not helping at all anymore. The first few times were exciting and fun, soemthing new but as time passed by, I can't help but think that i am being used and abused. Even simple tasks of thinking of activities and making a timetable, is that really mine to worry and think about? They're the ones who's supposed to do those, not me. But, complaining to myself won't do me any good.

Upon arriving to school, I already saw the bus that would take us to the airport for our flight. I bid my mother goodbye and I took a deep breath as soon as i stepped out of the car. The sun has yet to come out. I approached our advisor and handed her the oapers of the tasks she assigned to me. I explained some of the things that were on the turn table when I saw a change in their expressions. I turned around and I was shocked as well.

There she is. She's standing right in front of me. Taeyeon. But why isn't she looking at me? At us? Is she really that shy or what?

"Goo-good m-morning, Tae-Tae-Taeyeon..." I said as I broke the awkward and uncomfortable silence. I looked at our teachers and boy was I surprised. Gosh. I guess I know now why Taeyeon isn't looking our way. Those jud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter