Chapter 13

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Taeyeon]

I continued to hold her in my arms until I felt her calm down and relax a bit. Her hair felt so soft in my hands as I it, getting it slightly tangled in my fingers. So soft. I can't help it. I held her a little tighter, bringing my face closer to her head, enough for me to nuzzle lightly her hair. 

Though my arms are wrapped rather awkwardly around her, it felt so nice, so exciting, so... I don't know but I love how it feels like to have her this close to me.

When I felt her body loosen up, i reluctantly released her at an arm's length. "Better?" I asked her.

She suddenly turned her back on me as she wiped her tear stained face. "I... I'm so sorry..." She muttered.

"It's okay. You don't have to say sorry." I told her as I put a hand back on her shoulder. I felt her body tensed but right away relaxed too. I felt relieved. And I can't help but feel so guilty right now. If only I woke her up first or waited for her to wake up then she wouldn't be crying like this.

"I should be the one apologizing. I shouldn't have just left you like that. I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I told her as my face warmed up. I don't even know where that came from at all. 

"I'm sorry still." I heard her muttered. She was still sniffling so I slightly forced her to face me again. She was still teary eyed. How scared she must have been to have her cry like that. 

Gosh. Way to go Taeyeon! She looked like a kid who got lost and is crying for her parents. She looked confused, scared and lost as I lifted her chin up. She tried to look away but i guess I was faster than her. I cupped her face and wiped her tears for her.

Oh. My. God. What did I just do? I can feel my face turning crimson red as I saw her face flushed pink. I removed my hands right away and looked over at the direction of the boat. 

"Ahm, you're probably hungry. Let's eat." I said, trying to change the subject and the atmosphere that has become a bit uncomfortable and awkward. I looked at my shaking hands as I mentally facepalmed myself over and over.

"Good job, Taeyeon! Good job! You just totally made it more awkward for the two of you! Ugh. Like... Like..." I shook my head trying to erase all these stupid conversations i have with my mind. But hey, her face was so smooth. I feel like I wanna touch it again. Noooooo! "Kim. Taeyeon. Stop. Right. Now!" 

I took the remaining bread I have in my bag and gave the whole thing to her as she sat across me. She was looking at her hands and was surprised when I placed the bread on her hand. She tilted her head slightly and cutely may i add as if asking a question.

"Eat." I said simply. 

She continued to stare at it while I watch her with growing curiousity inside of me. Suddenly, she broke the bread in half and shoved the other one back to me. I gave her a small smile as I took it. "Thanks." 

We ate in silence as I watch her in the corner of my eyes. I'm not able to take any more of the awkwardness between us, I stood as I spoke, "I... Uhm, going to wash up. I mean you know swim, clean up. Yeah. That." 

Not waiting for any response, I went over to the shore and took off my shirt and jeans before meeting the cool water on my feet and wnet for a swim.

I don't mnow how long I have been swimming but as I got out of the water, I saw her fiddling with her phone. Like that's gonna help at all. I've already tried so many times earlier but nothing happened. I just wasted my phone's battery.

I am so glad that I have an extra shirt with me but then I thought of Tiffany.

"Are... Are you going to wash up too? I mean. Ahm, here I have an extra shirt. You can use it." I gave it to her and immediately turned around and took the ones that I left on the rock. 

As I finish fixing myself, I saw her make her way to the water. What an angel. What a beautiful sight. Crap. She is so y. 

Oh no. Stop thinking like that Taeyeon. What the hell are you thinking?!

I guess even battling with my thoughts won't be of any help anymore. I continued to watch and ogle over her. I'm just thankful my nose didn't bleed at all. That would have been totally embarrassing.

*****

[Tiffany]

I wanted to kick myself so many times for bawling like this, like a kid. But, I can't help it. I can't freaking stop these stupid tears from coming out of my stupid eyes. I can't stop myself from feeling so freaking lost and confused and scared. I can't stop myself from hanging onto Taeyeon as if my life is depending on it.

Well, technically, my life does depend on her. I don't know how I'll be able to survive being stranded in this place. I know nothing about living in a place where I have to survive. And that scares me even more.

Taeyeon held me and didn't let go of me. She is too nice, isn't she? After all that I have done and not done for her, here she is trying to comfort me. Her arms were wrapped stiffly around me, yet her warmth and her scent are intoxicating. 

I don't know how long We have been in that position but I loved every minute of it. I have never felt so safe in my life. My sobs have quiet down and I felt myself starting to loosen up. And, I can't help but feel disappointed when her warmth left me. She kept me at arm's length and asked, "Better?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter