Chapter 33

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: A quick update. Sorry this is more of a filler and a blah. lol I'll make it up to you guys. :)

*****

[Taeyeon]

 

Everyone else were busy trying to attend to the public. Thank goodness I was able to shake off those who were following me earlier. They told me my father left earlier. Ha. What else is new, right?

 

I looked back one last time and I am happy for Tiffany. She was well-loved as she deserves nothing but that. I forgot the name of the man who helped us earlier and helped me escape the media who was trying to follow me even through the hallway where they said I could wait for my father to get back. Like he’s even going to bother coming back.

 

The man handed me a small book bag once we got inside the waiting room.

 

“Your father had that with him the whole time he was here. Every time he comes back, he had that bag with him. He said it was yours.” I just nodded. “Your father and her parents used to go back and forth to the other island, waiting for news about the two of you. We couldn’t just have them over especially after the search was called off. They called in for favors and so instead of flying here and there, this is where we allowed them to stay at whenever they feel like they wanted to be part of the newly formed search team.” He said something else but I guess my mind was just wandering off, picking up only pieces and bits of what he was telling me.

 

I looked down and stared at the book bag. I did recognize the bag as something that looked like one of those that I own. Curious, I ped it and looked inside. There was a change of clothes, new pair of sneakers, and new wallet with all my IDs and card all replaced– with even a few bills in there.

 

I don’t really know what to make of it so I just shrugged it off. I asked if there was a place where I can change my clothes. He gave me instructions on how to get to the nearest restroom/shower and locker room.

 

I would love to get on the shower but somehow the enclosed space is making me claustrophobic.

 

I hurried and checked to see the room where he led me earlier. The man was now busy talking to some of his colleagues. I took out a piece of paper and wrote a quick apology and thank you letter and slipped it under the door before I took off.

 

Checking the bills that I have, it seemed good enough to get a cab ride home. Maybe. If I know exactly where I am at that is.  

 

Ah. The phone in my bag – it was an extra phone that I own in case of emergency my father said. I have never used it before; it was always just sitting on my desk in my room. I took it out and turned the location services on. I guess it is not that bad. Just about three hours of cab ride. I walked away from the vicinity of the rescue center, trying my best to look as normal as I could be so as not to attract any attention towards me. I wonder if they already noticed me not being around. Or maybe not.

 

I hurried to get to the street and walked across to get to the other side where there were those others who are waiting for cabs and buses.

 

With much luck, thank goodness, I didn’t have to wait for too long in hailing a cab. I gave the driver directions to my house and closed my eyes for the rest of the ride. I wished that my father was not home yet when I get there. I could really use a very peaceful night and a good sleep.

 

I let my mind wander off to Tiffany too. I felt a pang of pain in my heart. Would that have been the last time I would be seeing her? Hear her voice? I relived all the memories I have had with her in that island. Our island. Maybe I should have just let my heart left stranded in that island and that would have made this easier. I never thought it would be this hard to think of truly having to let her go.

 

What chance do I really even have with her now that we’re back? Things would be different now. And yet, here I am hoping, wishing and praying that I could still have her and what we had back there. I am not really doubting her and her words. But, it really would be different now. There’s no just me and her anymore. There’s all these other people around us again.

 

The house looked dark when the cab stopped in front of it. I paid the driver and went to see if the spare key was still in one of the potted plants in the flower bed by the door.

 

Thank the heavens, it is! I took it and unlocked the door as well as disarming the alarm. This only means that no one is home. Just what I needed right now, I guess. Or so I thought. The silence gripped me too hard. It suddenly felt too cold around me.

 

I went straight to my room. It looked just the way I left it. How long were we gone again? The four corners of my room brought some comfort for me, a familiarity that was hugging me but still it feels like something is missing. I felt empty and lonely.

 

I went to my bathroom and it felt weird. To actually be able to do my business in a real bathroom and not just any secluded area in a forest after quite a while, it is really weird. The oddness of being able to shower in a bathroom took over me that I had to do it quicker than usual but it did felt truly awesome too.

 

I sat on my bed. A bed to sleep on. No more dried up leaves and sand as bed. No more twigs used as a shelter.

 

I stood up and locked my bedroom door before heading to bed. I let the comfort of my bed and the blanket to take over me. I am really exhausted. But, something doesn’t feel right. Would I be able to sleep tonight?

*****

[Tiffany]

 

What is this craziness? This is definitely not something I expected nor wanted. People are shoving their cameras to my face and asking all these questions. I’m having a headache now and I am so tired. I still need to look for Taeyeon too.

 

Where did she go? Why did she just leave? They said her father left earlier and hasn’t come back yet, so that means she’s alone right now. I need to get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter