Chapter 28

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Tiffany]

 

My eyes fluttered open and I can feel someone my hair. I huffed. The continued and I actually really love it. It was very comforting. Then, an arm went around my waist and I snuggled closer. My eyes closed back again.

 

“Taetae…” I managed to say despite the drowsiness.

 

“Shhh. It’s okay.” I felt her kiss the top of my head.

 

She continued , twirling my hair as I felt her arm around my waist moving. I groaned when I felt her taking it off of me and found myself leaning to her touch when she brought her free hand to my face. She was caressing my face and felt her thumb moving as if wiping away something.

 

I caught her hand and pressed it against my cheek. Her hand was warm and soft.

 

“A-are you okay?” I heard her asked, her voice a little shaky.

 

I let my eyes open this time, squinting. I looked up, meeting her tender, worried gaze as she was looking down at me. Her eyes seemed to be glistening as well. I rested my chin on her chest as I reached up to cup her face with a hand.

 

“Why?” I cleared my throat. “What’s wrong?”
 

“You… You can’t remember?”

 

“Remember what? Taetae, are you okay?”

 

I was about sit up when she pulled me down altogether, my whole body now resting on top of hers. Now, I am really worried. I tried to push myself up but she held me, wrapping her arms around me tightly. I can feel her warm breath against my neck as she nuzzled it.

 

“What’s wrong, Taetae?” I rested my cheek on the side of her head.

 

I felt her shaking her head. I couldn’t get anything out of her at all. I’m trying to rack my brain as to what might have happened but I couldn’t just think of anything at all. So, I just let her be – I just let her hold me in her arms and nuzzle against my neck that has got me blushing the whole time.

 

“Are you really okay, my Pani?” She mumbled against my neck.

 

“I was, but not sure about right now. Not when you are like this. Please tell me what’s going on?”

 

I shuddered when I felt her lips on my skin. She kissed that spot ever so slightly over and over before brushing it up and down. I tried stifling a moan and I am not sure if I was even close to being able to do so.

 

Then, I felt something wet on my skin. I panicked. I tried so hard to pull myself up – thankfully after who knows how long, I was able to – and have my weight rest on my forearms. I saw tears coming out of her eyes. She closed her eyes and turned her face away from mine, avoiding my eyes.

 

“Taetae…” I reached out with one of my hands, slowly and carefully as I am trying to hold myself up with just my other arm, and wiped the tears that has escaped her eyes.

 

Her tears can’t seem to stop and it hurt me. It hurts to see her crying.

 

“Look at me, please.” I pleaded and she still wouldn’t. “Please, Taetae.”

 

Finally, she did and it broke my heart when I saw worry and pain in her eyes. I couldn’t find the right words to say. I am so lost and I don’t know what’s going on. I just leaned down and kissed the tears that were flowing down from her eyes and rested my forehead on hers.

 

We stayed like that until she pulled me back down on her again.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” I heard her mumble.

 

“It’s okay, Taetae. It’s okay.”

 

I still don’t have any idea why she was apologizing to me. I just held her and whispered things, words that I wanted to keep telling her, let her know and hoping it would make her feel better. I can feel her slowly relaxing and I’m relieved.

 

I lowered myself a bit and rested my head on her chest, right above where her heart is. I listened to her calm, beating heart. It was like music to my ears. I had my eyes closed as I continued to listen to it. I raised one hand and rested it on her cheek, caressing it.

 

I felt her pressing my hand to her cheek. She nuzzled against it and I felt her kissing my palm. And she entwined our fingers as she continued to press my hand on her cheek.

 

I’m not really sure how long we’ve stayed like that or if I even drifted off back to sleep. There’s really nothing much for us to do here anyway. We need to survive, to live. And all we can do to do that were to make sure we have something to drink and eat, that we get to sleep and rest and that we stay together and protect each other.

Honestly, I am losing hope already. It’s been too long that I think we’ve also miscounted the days as well on our rock. I don’t think they can find us. It’s been too long that they might have given up too.

 

All I wanna do now is to spend every precious sunrise and sunset with Taeyeon. She’s all I’ve got right now. If we would be given a chance to live and be rescued, I really do hope that I’d get to spend my time making it up for her at a place that we were both comfortable at – where I can truly prove to her that I’ve meant every word I have said, every actions that I did. It was not just a spur of the moment or because of the loneliness. Everything is real for me.

 

As much as it hurts, I know that she still has her reservations about me, us. And I couldn’t really blame her for that. It was my entire fault after all.

 

I want Taeyeon to know and to feel what she does to me – how much she has changed me. My heart that was once well guarded crashed the moment I first saw her. Everything inside of me just slowly fell and it scared the hell out of me. I was so scared that I didn’t even know what to do. I was lost and confused. How can someone I haven’t really talked to and spent tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter