Chapter 27

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Taeyeon]
 
I looked at her sleeping face. She looks very calm yet I know inside she’s just as scared as I am. Yes. I am scared. I am scared that we will not be able to leave this island especially that I do now know how much longer I’d be able to keep us alive with the little skills I know.
 
Tiffany is still seated on my lap, fast asleep. She’s so beautiful. I traced her face with my eyes as my fingertips followed the t rail.
 
And I held her tighter, closer to me. I couldn’t help but worry as well. Fear was slowly creeping up inside of me. I closed my eyes as I try to shake those thoughts away – the fear away.
 
“Pani ah, would you still feel the same even if we ever get to leave this island?” I rested my cheek against her forehead. “I hope so. I don’t want to lose you. I haven’t felt this way before and I don’t want to lose it and you. For once, I can really say that I am happy. All thanks to you. So I hope you won’t ever leave me.” I muttered, more to myself.
 
I held her for a few more minutes before carrying her to the shack and tucking her in. I watched her for a while still before going out of the shack.
 
I checked on our supplies. Most of what we have right now were from what we have gathered from the woods. Would we be able to live and survive this way? It’s been too long already. I wonder if they are still looking for us or have they given up already? I hope they still are looking for us, for Tiffany at least. Tiffany needs to live. She has to. She has a life that is brightly waiting for her.
 
I can feel the tears swelling up in my eyes and I hate it. I can’t remember when was the last time I cried until I broke down in front of Tiffany. How embarrassing. And now, I’m crying again. Since when did I become a crybaby? Why am I even crying?
 
I walked out and sat at the sand as I stare at the crashing waves. I kept wiping my tears away that just wouldn’t stop falling from my eyes.
 
Is it because I am really scared of what might happen to us? Kim Taeyeon is scared. This is something new. My heart feels so heavy right now. For the first time in my life, I am scared to death of what might happen and I feel helpless and useless.
 
I guess I am tired of wiping my tears that I just let it fall. I don’t know how long I might have been sitting here and crying until I felt a hand on my cheek.
 
I didn’t even realize that Tiffany walked up to me. As I turned my head upon feeling the hand on my cheek, I was met with her soft, gentle gaze. All I can see was her sincerity and care. Suddenly, all the feelings of uncertainty about us disappeared. I didn’t even know why I was thinking as such.
 
Tiffany continued to wipe my seemingly endless tears. She cupped my face and I saw her leaning forward. By reflex, my eyes fluttered close and I felt her soft lips on my eyes then on my forehead.
 
“Why are you here by yourself? Why didn’t you wake me up?” She mumbled whilst having her lips still on my forehead.
 
I was afraid to speak up so I just shook my head.
 
“My silly Taetae.” I can feel her smiling before she slowly pulled back only to lean her forehead against mine.
 
I still have my eyes closed as I wrapped my arms around her. She moved closer and closer and closer. I can feel her warm breath on my lips and her warm hands on my cheeks, still wiping the tears away.
 
“It’s okay to be scared sometimes you know. There’s nothing wrong with that. I am scared too and I know you know that I am. But, I’m here now Taetae. You won’t be alone anymore. I promised you that and I intend to keep that promise.”
 
My eyes fluttered open and for the second time I was met by her gentle gaze. They were so beautiful. I leaned on to her soft touches and she smiled. The tears were finally gone and I found myself smiling too. How can she do that? How can she just take everything ugly and painful and scary away with just those eyes and smile? With just all of herself?
 
Everything that she is is beautiful. 
 
I still couldn’t have myself speak out. She finally moved and changed position – she is now sitting next to me, took my hand and intertwined with hers as she leaned her head on my shoulder.
 
I squeezed her hand, hoping that she would get my message – that I am thankful of her.
 
“I’m sorry about earlier, Taetae. I didn’t mean to be so immature about my flip flops. Just a minor relapse or whatever you might wanna call it I guess. I know you already have your hands full, trying to keep us both safe and alive and yet here I am whining, sulking and crying over my pink flip flops. I’m sorry.”
 
I looked at her and I can’t help but chuckle at her cuteness. She was blushing as she spoke. Adorable, right?
 
She lifted her head when she heard me chuckling. “I’m glad you find this funny.” She pouted.
 
I shook my head while still chuckling. I took a deep breath once I have calmed down. I cleared my throat. “Sorry. I didn’t mean it that way. You were just being so adorable that’s why.” I cupped her face with my hands. “You don’t have to be sorry, okay? I find it quite amusing and cute to be honest although you scared the hell out of me when you went there by yourself.”
 
“Sorry. I just thought that you know… I can be of use around here. It’s always been you who does everything then you got sick and I feel like I’m not even doing anything to help you out.”
 
“You keeping yourself safe and okay is all the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter