Chapter 26

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole school community was now under public scrutiny after hearing and reading about the case of the still missing students Kim Taeyeon and Hwang Tiffany. The video that were recovered from the different citizens who cooperated and the public CCTV footages from within the area were forwarded by the local police to the police department in the city.

 

Both parents of Taeyeon and Tiffany were furious, hurt and of course still longing for their children. Especially after seeing the video and how the two girls were running for their lives, for safety but still ended up the way it is now. What more, they couldn’t believe that this was all because of teenagers too – people of the same age as their own children.

 

The media has been lingering around the school area as the news about the two missing students has become a bigger issue due to the leaked information with regards to the investigation which the parents deemed as slow and unprogressive.

 

The coast guards have told them that they could not use all the resources they have provided from the beginning of the search for the two for it has already been a month since the incident. They just couldn’t let all their resource s focus on the search for there are also other things that they need to give attention to. They were sorry but they said that they can only do so much.

 

One night, Taeyeon’s father invited Tiffany’s parents for dinner. With heavy hearts, they met. They have been talking and keeping in touch a lot since the incident happened.

 

“I just talked to a very good friend of mine. He is willing to help us out with our continuous search for our daughters.” Mr. Kim said as they were eating.

 

Tiffany’s mother looked at him with hope in her eyes. “We are willing to help in any way we can. Just let us know.”

 

“I know that. He told me that he will contact me again after he arranges everything.” He sighed. “This might take a toll on us though. Though he would be able to help us, our resources would still be very limited.”

 

“We know that. I just want to find my daughter.” Mr. Hwang held his wife’s hand. “Alive or not.” He gulped – his eyes somber.

 

The look on the parents’ faces, the dark circles on their eyes, shows how much this is slowly taking the life out of them. All they wanted was to have their daughters back – in no matter what state they could be in. They just want them to be back home.

 

*****

 

[Tiffany]

 

I woke up to the sound of the rain. I fell asleep watching Taeyeon sleep and as far as I can remember, it has stopped raining by then. I wanted to stretch when I realized that I couldn’t. I opened my eyes, squinting as I let it adjust to the light and my surroundings. Only then did I realize that Taeyeon has her head resting on my chest as she was laying down on my arm and one of her hands holding my other hand.

 

Though my mind was still a blur, and our position a little uncomfortable, I find it cute and I love the thought and view of Taeyeon being comfortable around me and hugging me to sleep. I heard her huff as I tried to move my arm so I can have her sleep in a more comfortable way.

 

Fortunately, it seems like her fever have gone down too.

 

Ah. Finally I was able to free my arm and repositioned Taeyeon, who went back and laid her head on my chest like it is the most natural thing to do. Not that I mind too. I wrapped my now free arm around her and buried my face to her hair. I kissed it. And I kissed her head. And I kissed her temple. And I kissed her forehead. And I kissed her hand that was holding mine still.

 

I wanted to kiss her on the lips – her soft, moist pink lips that are so sweet.

 

Ugh! Tiffany. Stop it. What are you now? A ert? Darn it, Kim Taeyeon. What have you done to me?

 

I ran my hand on her hair as I let myself get lost in my thoughts. I wonder how my family is doing. Are they still looking for me? Or have they forgotten about me? I bet my mom would just scold me endlessly once someone—by miracle I guess – rescues us from this island and brings us back home.

 

Kim Taeyeon. Is this even possible huh? To fall for someone this fast? I’m scared, Taeyeon ah. I’ve never felt this way…even with him. I don’t think I could even call him my first love or if I really did love him. I know that I admired him the first time we met. He was friendly enough, nice even but that was just until I can’t even remember anymore. He really did have ways to let everyone fall for his charm. I almost did but I guess it’s just really not what I wanted – what I needed.

 

He was smart enough to get my parents’ attention. And there it all started. She just had to force me into saying yes to him no matter how many times I have rejected him. I was a coward. I still am I guess. Admiring someone, liking them doesn’t really necessarily mean you like like them. Sometimes, it just stops there and there would be nothing else but that. I realized that now.

 

Why am I even thinking about all these? Are you going to hate me if I tell you all these? Would you leave me behind? Taeyeon-ah, you’re making me feel things I never knew I could even feel. You constantly make my heart flutter. Did you know that?

 

I could just look at you and do nothing and still my heart would keep fluttering.

 

I guess I fell asleep from all that thinking. Finally, the rain has stopped. I stretched a bit, careful not to wake the clinging Taeyeon.

 

“Good morning, TaeTae.” I whispered to her as I pressed my lips on her forehead.

 

I pried her arms and leg off of me so I can get up and prepare food.

 

 I’m worried though. Would we be able to live off from whatever we would be able to get from the forest? Looking at what we have right now, soon we really would just be depending on what we can gather from around here. Sigh. How long do we still have to stay here? Are they even looking for us? What if Taeyeon gets sick again and I don’t have any medicine to give to her anymore?

 

I looked behind me to see a still peacefully sleeping Taeyeon.

 

I prepared whatever we have left – cut what’s left of the fruits we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter