Chapter 1

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
It's another day to struggle and to survive. She was getting ready for yet another day at school. Everyone thinks that she lives a perfect life. Indeed, it seems like it. Her life, her present and her future, were already planned for her and all she has to do is go according to plan. Though it seems right, she feels like something is still missing in her life but she can't point at it. She was looking at her reflection from her bathroom mirror, straightening out her clothes.   "Tiffany!!" Someone from downstairs called out for her.   "Coming mom!"    "Faster, Tiffany. Breakfast is ready and you'll be late." Her mom continued.   She ran downstairs and sat at the table with her mom and younger sister.   "Mom, where's dad?" She asked.   "He already left. There was a little emergency at his work he said." Tiffany just nodded in reply.   "Are you ready, Seo?" Tiffany asked her sister. The latter just nodded. "Mom, we're ready."   Their mom drove them off to school, Tiffany at senior high while Seohyun at junior high.    Tiffany bid her mom goodbye as she saw her circle of friends waving at her by the benches at the school's front lawn.   *****   She's feeling lazy. She doesn't feel like going to school today. But, the constant knocking on her bedroom room keeps her from going back to sleep. She hates the way the other students look at her like she is some sort of entertainment to them, a charade, a game they could play behind her back. She doesn't get it. Like, what makes her so different from them that they are so curious about her life. She's a student just like everyone else. She goes to school. They do too. She goes to class. They do too. She sometimes skips school. Some of them do too. So, what's the big deal? She doesn't have any idea, even a bit.   She groaned. "I'm up! I'm up, okay? I'm coming." She told the housekeeper who keeps on knocking on her door.   She did got up, took a quick shower and got into her usual, comfortable attire-- skinny jeans, graphic tee, zip up hoodie and her favorite white chucks.   "You're finally done. We're running late." Her father said.   She wandered around the kitchen sluggishly, ignoring her father's remark.   "Taeyeon. Hurry up. You'll be late for school."    She just groaned inwardly and grabbed an apple from the counter and followed her father as he will drive her to school. Again. Why? To keep reminding her.   That was probably one of the most awkward and uncomfortable car rides she has ever had. Well, eveytime she's in one car or a small spaced area with her father, it would always be awkward and uncomfortable for her.   "Taeyeon. Please, stay away from trouble. I hope last week would be the last time they'll be calling me because of something you did or what."   Awkward.    "What does he know anyway?" She thought to herself.   "Yes, father. Bye." She replied as she got out of the car, never looking back even once.   Her father could only sigh.   *****   [Tiffany]   "Great! The final bell just rang and Jisoo won't let me go to class. Like he doesn't know me at all. I don't like skipping and I dislike getting in trouble." I thought to myself as I power walked to my first class.   Since I am in a hurry, I didn't notice that someone was walking to the door to my Chemistry class, also our homeroom advisory class, that I accidentally bumped into her. I could just groan and facepalm myself mentally.   "Sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to." I bowed, trying to avoid the person due to my embarrassment.   "It's okay." I heard her say, almost inaudible. I turned my head only to meet her eyes. Those brown eyes. There's something about those eyes.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter