Chapter 17

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been more than a week since Taeyeon and Tiffany has gone missing. The students were already allowed to leave and go home but Ms. Han stayed behind together with Taeyeon's and Tiffany's parents. 

Taeyeon's father was loosing patience already. The slow investigation and search for the two girls is making him, as well as Tiffany's parents, to hang and hold on to loose thread. 

"Is this all you can do? We've been waiting here for a week now and you still don't know where and what happened to our daughters!" Taeyeon's father yelled at the police station's conference room, frustrated and desperate.

"And you! You're the one responsible for our kids right? How could you let this happen?! We entrusted our daughters' safety in your hands and this is what you will give us. Where is my daughter?! Bring her back to me!" Mrs. Hwang said after Mr. Kim's outburst and she started crying just like what she has been doing for the past few days. 

Ms. Han could only bow her head and avoid the parents' eyes. The burden on her shoulders are getting heavier by the day. Even she, herself, is starting to blame herself for letting something like this happen to her students, lives at risk and lost somewhere who knows where.

Right now, all they could do is wait for the investigation by the police to be done for updates and possible clues as to what really happened with Taeyeon and Tiffany. They have been reviewing all CCTV footages as well as videos from citizens who were willing to help.

And what's making things harder for everyone is the media who started to gather and bother everyone that they could back at the school, their homes as well as where the class trip was. 

Taeyeon and Tiffany, on the other hand, seem to be becoming more comfortable and at ease with each other. In that short period of time, they were able to trust each other for, one they don't seem to have any other choice and two that's just how and what they both have wanted from the start - a friendship; a genuine and comfortable friendship between them. At least for now.

*****

[Taeyeon]

I watch Tiffany as she marks that big rock on the far side close to the shore. From the first day we got stranded in this island, she has been counting days, keeping track of it. I'm not sure why though. Well, maybe I do, kinda? 

But anyway, I'm just happy that we were at least more comfortable with each other. No more of those awkward and dreadful silence and one word conversations as well as stiff and nerve wracking conversations.

We both don't have much with us and we were slowly already running low with most of our supplies. No more bread. Decreasing canned goods. Thin clothings. Poor shelter.

I know Tiffany is worried too. Heck I am scared but I think I am more scared of not being able to take care of her and protect her until we get help and be saved.

"Pani! Pani!" I called her as I finish making our breakfast.

She turned her head to look at me and as she did, her hair flew in the air like those in the commercials. Oh. My. Gosh. Please save me. Her bare shoulders that has slowly became slightly tanned, so smooth even from afar. 

"Kim Taeyeon get a grip!" 

I saw her running as she giggled. I could listen to her giggle and laugh all day long.

"TaeTae!" I love how she says my name - well, my nickname that she made.

"Let's eat. I think I'm going to have to go in there to gather some food. I would like to stock up and be ready as we are slowly running out." I told her as I passed her the fruits I cut and some yams we saw deeper in the forest.

"I'll go with you, TaeTae. I don't wanna be alone here."

"You sure?"

She hummed as she nodded cutely. She will be the death of me. I swear.

And like always, I can't say no to her. And I'm blaming that freaking adorable and beautiful eye smile of hers. It's not that I don't want her to come though. I actually love it when she comes with me... Because I always have been giving her a piggy back ride. I like how close we get when I do that. But, I am afraid that time will come and I won't be able to control myself. 

"Okay then. We'll go after we eat okay? I don't want us to walk there when it gets dark like the last time." I told her as I finish my own food.

And as she's busy eating, she responded again with that cute-like-an-excited-kid nod. I smiled back.

***

I am carrying her on my back as we walk through the path that we both marked and made to the part where fruit-bearing trees are abundant as w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter