Chapter 21

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taeyeon]

 

I'm caught in the middle. I wanted to tell her that I like her but I am scared of the rejection. More so, I am more scared of what her reaction would be that she might want to stay away from me and I won't be able to protect her.

 

Sigh. This is giving me a headache. And it is not helping that her body is against mine. I can feel her slowly relaxing on my back. I could only smile at the thought that for a bit I am able to bring comfort to her. At least that is how I feel.

 

"Pani?" I called out to her. She didn't answer. I wonder if she fell asleep from too much crying. I shifted her a bit on my back before calling out her name again. "Pani. Pani? Are you okay?" Still no response.

 

I turned my head, trying to see if I could catch a glimpse of her.

 

Omo! Her face is too close for my liking. I gulped as I stopped from walking, still staring at her. She has her eyes closed but it is obvious that she has been crying. My poor Pani.

 

I continued walking back to the shore as I don't want for both of us to stay in the woods any longer, especially that it is particularly cloudy and seems like it will rain anytime.

 

I wonder if people are really looking for us or maybe they did but gave up already. It's been too long that I have already lost track of the days but thankfully, I guess, Tiffany has tried keeping track of such information.

 

On the other hand, there's a part of me that doesn't want any of these to end because I am scared that this might just be a dream that I would wake up from. And when that happens, it would mean that Tiffany was never this close to me, that everything never really did happen.

 

Sigh.

 

I don't know how long I've been walking, but looking at the path before me I could probably conclude that we have gone deeper into the woods than I thought. The path seems endless. But, to my surprise, I thought that I have used up all of my strength and energy when I was running around like a mad man looking for Tiffany yet here I am not even minding doing this for the whole day.

 

"Pani?" I tried calling for her again. I could feel her steady breathing from the side of my neck. I took a quick glance at her and my eyes landed straight to her lips. Those beautiful, soft, pink lips. Aigoo! Kim Taeyeon think straight. Now is not the time. Aish. Why am I even thinking about her lips?

 

I shook my head, trying to get those thoughts away.

 

"Tippani. Tiffany. Tippani. Pani." I giggled. I just like saying her name. It feels like my lips, my voice is meant to be saying her name no matter how much I could be saying it wrong or in a funny way.

 

"Pani-ah, have I already told you how beautiful you are?" I wanted to curl my fingers and toes because of my own words. I could feel myself turn red like a tomato. "You are really beautiful. Probably the most beautiful girl I have ever seen." I continued. I guess it won't hurt since she's asleep. Right?

 

I chuckled. "I'm even talking to myself now? Or like to a sleeping person?" I laughed at myself. "I've got it bad, don't I? What have you done to me, Pani? I can't understand how you could even make me feel this way. I'm sorry okay? But, I really really like you. I really do. I thought it was just a little admiration from the start but even when you never really talked to me back then, I couldn't help the curiosity you've brought to me." My head could probably pass as a giant tomato for being so red right now. I can't believe I am saying all these.

 

I took a deep breath. "I like you Pani. Should I tell you this face to face? I'm scared though. I don't want to lose you and have you walk away from me... Not when I feel like at least there's something to look forward to because we talk to each other now. I don't even know why I like you. Wait don't misunderstand that. What I mean is that I just really don't know because I just do? Does that even make sense?" I giggled from my own embarrassment. "Ay. I wanted to curl my fingers and toes so bad right now, Pani. I can't believe I am saying all these. But then it is not like you know I'm doing so since you are sleeping on my back. Aish. I’m not even making any sense right now."

 

I sighed. "Would it hurt if I say this one more time? I like you, Pani. I really wanted to tell you but I'm a coward. I bet if you could hear me right now, you'll be asking me the same questions I've been asking myself. But, I just really don't know the answers. I guess I just can't help who I'll fall in love with."

 

I wanted to face palm myself for saying all these. Am I going crazy or what? Aha! Finally, I can see our little place of comfort – our little shack. Nah. It’s not even a shack. But, whatever it is, that’s where we spend most of our time though.

 

I went straight to the boat and tried to balance Tiffany on my back while trying to clear the space in the boat. I carefully placed her in there and tucked her in.

 

I watched her sleep for a moment – her eyes are so puffy, her lips looking so soft as ever and her face still tear-stained. I gently reached over and touched that milky white and soft skin of hers as I try to wipe away those dried tears. “Even when you are crying or after you cried, you are still so beautiful. Is this even legal? For someone to be as beautiful as you? Aigoo. Here I am again.” I chuckled.

 

“I wish I could always be the one to wipe your tears away. Or even better, I wish I could be that person who will always be next to you, to protect you and to try my best in making sure you’ll never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter