Chapter 14

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taeyeon]

I looked at her with wide eyes, heart racing. Did I really heard her right? Friends? She's actually asking me to be her friend? Slap me please. Oh wait nevermind. Don't slap me. 

I continued to stare at her as she looked at me too. 

"Taeyeon? Taeyeon?" Tiffany poked me in the arm.

Aish. I am so embarrassed. I could feel my face turning red. "Y-yes?"

"I said yes. I really want to be friends with you. That is if it's okay with you. I mean... You know. We really didn't start well good. Imea. With everything else, everything that happened..." She continued to babble as I continue to be mesmerized by her.

She is so cute even when nervous, babbling and fidgeting.

"If... If that's what you want." I told her. "I.. Well, you see I really haven't had friends before. So uhm, how does this friends things work?" I asked her, looking at her eyes then looked away too.

I heard her giggle and made me look at her. Oh gosh. I think I just died. That eye smile.

"Just uhm be yourself, Taeyeon. I mean, we just have to be ourselves and go with the flow I guess?" She said, smiling.

"Oh okay. Friends." I said more to myself though.

Tiffany extended a hand to me and I shook it awkwardly. "Friends. Thank you Taeyeon." Said Tiffany.

I smiled at her. She smiled at me. And we shared a more comfortable silence as we watch the night sky and soon enough drifted off to sleep.

I wonder how long I have been asleep. My back kind of hurts. I tried to stretch my body but something is stopping me from doing so. I opened my eyes only to get my breath caught in my throat. 

I guess I'll never get used to this. Her face is too close to mine that in one wrong move, our lips would touch. Omo! Kim Taeyeon, get a grip will you? 

So... She's the clingy type huh? I giggled silently. Or is she really? Or maybe she just though of me as her pillow? Oh well, whatever the reason is, it just felt so good to have her 'hug' me. It feels nice, like someone is comforting me, needing me. 

Arms and leg thrown and wrapped around me and here I am thinking of so many random thoughts about it. 

Oops. Sorry. I just can't help it. She's too beautiful even when asleep, even when she is crying. Yeah. It's still too early in the morning and this is what I am thinking of already.

I shook off all unnecessary thoughts as I carefully try to move her arm and leg that is wrapped around me. I didn't want to wake her up but I failed. She started to stir in her sleep and I froze in place.

Few minutes later, I felt her weight and warmth left me. I felt a bit... Disappointed? But I just shrugged it off.

Tiffany sat up, rubbing her eyes rather too cute for my liking. I sat up too and took a deep breath.

"Uhm. Good morning." I greeted her.

She looked at me and smiled, "Good morning, Taeyeon. Did you sleep okay?"

"Oh. Ahm, yes. You?"

She nodded in reply. "Is it still too early? It's still dark." She asked me.

"Probably. I am not sure. You should go sleep some more."

"What about you?"

"Maybe. I'll try."

She looked at me shyly this time and as if she wanted to say something but stopped herself.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything?" I asked her.

"Uhm..." Then she shook her head.

"It's okay. You can tell me."

"I... I can't sleep without uhm..."

I looked at her, tilting my head, urging her to continue.

"I can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter