Chapter 34: An Unusual Valentine part 1 (oooppsies again)

I Want to Know What Love Is

 

After eating breakfast, Kim and Gerald decided to stroll along the beach.  It was still a bit early and the sun hasn’t totally risen.

          Gerald took Kim’s hand and intertwined it with his.  Slowly, they made their way towards the other end, not really noticing where they were headed.  They were busy talking to each other.

          “Babe, what if the network decides to give us separate projects after the US tour?”  Gerald asked.  “I heard, may gagawin kang MMK.  Tapos, di ba meron pa ‘kong Your Song.”

          “Narinig ko na rin yan eh.  Kung hindi ako nagkakamali, naka-line up pa rin yung project nyo ni Sarah.  Tapos, meron yata ulit kasama si Sam Pinto at Paul Jake.  Yung saken naman, may MMK nga, I think with Robi, tapos meron ding movie ulit with Luis or  Johan and Cathy.”

          “Natatakot ako eh.  Baka mawalan na tayo ng time para sa isa’t isa.  Sobrang workaholic ka pa naman,”  Gerald tried to make the conversation lighter by teasing Kim.  Unfortunately, it didn’t work.  Kim was already suppressing fresh tears from falling down her cheeks.

          “Baby, promise me, kahit ano’ng mangyari, tayo pa rin…wag na wag mo ‘ko iiwan ha?”  She stopped on her tracks and looked at him intently, as if trying to get an assurance from him.

          “Oo naman.  Ngayon ka pa ba matatakot?  Nagdududa ka pa rin ba saken?”

          “Hindi naman…kaya lang, syempre, alam naman natin pareho how showbiz works.  Kahit hindi mo gusto, pag sinabi nilang kelangan mo gawin o kelangan mo sabihin, di pwedeng hindi.  Kagaya mo, baka mamaya, sabihin nilang kelangan palabasin na na-develop ka kay Sam or kay Sarah.  O di kaya naman, sabihin saken na kunyari nakikita ko yung good qualities ni Robi.  Pano na yun?”  Kim was obviously getting affected by the seriousness of the circumstances that lay ahead of them.

          “Baby, wag muna natin isipin yun.  We still have KTM.  Matagal-tagal pa yun…saka, may US concert pa.  may time pa tayo para mag-bonding sa states.  If you want, pwede natin dalawin sina Gramma.  Miss ka na nila eh.”

          “Wag mo muna ilayo ang usapan ha?  I need to hear it from you.  Ano’ng mangyayari if ever mangyari ang mga kinatatakutan natin?”  She insisted, now more decided than ever to solicit an answer from Gerald.

          “I cannot answer for you, pero on my part, sabi ko nga sa’yo, I can never love another as much as I love you now.  Ganon na kita kamahal.  Higit pa sa buhay ko.  If that happens, kaya kong isakripisyo ang career ko bilang artista, just to make sure that we’ll stay together…pero, don’t worry.  I wouldn’t ask you to do the same.  I know how much you love your work.”

          “Talaga?  Magagawa mo yun?”  Kim asked skeptically.

          “Bakit naman hindi?  Di ba sabi ko sa’yo, I will do anything just for you to be happy?”

          “Thanks, baby.  Grabe, mahal na mahal mo talaga ako…”

          “Matagal na matagal na, ngayon mo lang na-realize?  Grabe talaga ‘tong girlfriend ko, napaka-manhid…”  Gerald started teasing her again.  This time, she took the bait and started pinching him on his sides.  Gerald took off to avoid her hands and Kim ran after him.  From afar, they looked like kids having the time of their lives.

          When they got tired of chasing each other, Gerald held Kim’s hand and led her to sit along the shore, facing the sea.  She did, and leaned her head on his shoulders without letting go of his hands.

          They stayed that way for another half hour or so.  Kim later decided that she wanted to go for a swim.  “Babe, ligo tayo...”

          “Ha?  Kimmy, ang aga mo mag-aya ha?  Miss mo na naman ako?”  Gerald again.

          “Sira!  Ang ibig kong sabihin, mag-swimming muna tayo…maaga pa naman, di pa gaanong masakit sa balat ang sikat ng araw.”  And with that, she took off the tunic top, exposing her milky white skin that looked even whiter with her fuschia pink bikini, and tossed it to Gerald who stared at her very y retreating figure before making a run for the sea.

          “Uy, hintayin mo ko!”  And Gerald also took off his shirt before joining her.

          He saw Kim come up for air.  Her back was to him and she didn’t see him right away.  Gerald swam to where she was and took hold of her legs which made Kim jump with fright before realizing it was Gerald who grabbed her.

          “Kainis ka!  Kala ko kung sino na eh…”

          “Sus, sino naman kaya eh dalawa lang tayo rito…”  And he held her by the waist.  Kim’s hands automatically made their way to his neck.  Before they knew it, they were already totally engrossed in a mind-blowing tongue fight.

          As he savored the sweetness of her lips, Gerald’s right hand started to explore Kim’s body, starting with her luscious s.  He pushed the bikini top upward to expose her pinkish areolas and started to knead them softly.  Seemingly unsatisfied with just feeling her s, he started to like an infant as Kim was beginning to get carried away by the burning sensation that enveloped her despite the coolness of the water.

          Her hands too, began to roam.  She slid her palms down his back before finding its way down his finely-chiseled abs.  She felt his muscles contract despite his pre-occupation with her s.

          Gerald straightened and began kissing her on the crook of her neck, to the back of her lobes before ravishing her lips with urgency once again.  By this time, Kim’s hands have already found what it was searching for.  She slowly slipped her hands inside his trunks and took hold of his already very hard member.  She began it gently at first, but as desire consumed her, the need to feel him inside of her got more imminent.  Without timidity, she pushed his trunks down, using her toes to pull it up to his knees.  Gerald felt Kim’s soft mound as his trunks fell down.  Her bikini was also pulled down very much the same way as his trunks.  He straddled her and placed her legs around his waist before guiding his tool to her warm feminine core.  Soon, they were dancing with the waves, feeling the ecstasy of becoming one, and soaring to new heights as Gerald pumped harder, trying to push to the deepest part of her.  Kim welcomed his s with so much passion, matching his craving with hers.  As the tide of lustful outburst ebbed, Kim didn’t let go of Gerald’s neck.  Her legs still clung to his waist.  She looked at him and said, “I love you so much, babe.  Don’t ever leave me.”  She began kissing him, encouraging his mouth to open and receive her very soul.  Gerald gladly obliged, his heart seemed like it was ready to burst with so much happiness.

          It was a record-breaking kiss.  Gerald smiled at her, kissed her on the forehead and replied, “I love you more.  You are my life, in my past, in my present and in my future.  If you leave me, you will be taking away my very source of being.”  And he hugged her tightly, slowly letting go of the tears that have already formed in his eyes.

************************************************************************************************************************************************

          After taking a shower together, Kim asked Gerald to sit on the couch and relax so she could prepare their lunch.  He wanted to help her, but she wouldn’t let him.  Without wanting to argue, he’d never win anyway, he stretched his  lanky frame on the couch.  Before he knew it, he was already dozing off.

          Kim took the opportunity to get the supplies she asked for from the storage room.  She set the table with a checkered black and white table cloth.  At the center, she placed a crystal vase with fuschia pink and dark peach Ecuadorian roses on top of a round-shaped mirror. Beside the vase, she placed a single silver candelabra with a dark pink candle.  She then set the table for two.  From the storage room, she took the delicious dishes out one by one.

          Feeling satisfied with her work, she made her way to the living room where she found Gerald fast asleep.  Before she could wake him up, she remembered her gift, so she made her way back to the storage and took out a small circular blue velvet box from one of the drawers.  She opened it to check if the contents are still inside.  Then she went back to wake Gerald.

          After eating, Gerald asked Kim how she was able to prepare her surprise without him noticing it.  Instead of answering his question, she stood up, pulled him up so that he stood in front of him.  Kim took his left hand and placed a two-toned band on his ring finger.

          “Babe, this is a promise ring.  I promise you there will never be anyone else for me.  Ikaw lang, habambuhay.  My heart, mind, body and soul belong to you.  Happy Valentine!”  And she gave him yet another breath-stopping French kiss that left them both gasping for air.

          Misty-eyed, he smiled at him, not knowing what to say.  He embraced her tightly before looking at the ring she slipped on his finger.  “Thank you, Kimmy.  I promise you, you will be the only girl for me, today, tomorrow and for always.  Sana, kahit anong tsismis ang lumabas, linking me to other girls, ako muna ang pakikinggan mo before you listen to their stories.  Trust me, trust in our love.”

          Kim was already shedding happy tears as she listened to Gerald’s reply to her ode of promise. 

          Gerald felt the slight giddiness as he was holding Kim in his arms.  Slowly, he let go of her, but didn’t let go of her hands.  Gradually, he inched his way to the couch with Kim in tow.

          “Baby, inaantok ako.  lika, tabi tayo sa couch…”  He asked Kim.  Just as he was about to lie down, the chime rang once.  “Naku, tawag ako.  Punta muna ako sa confession room ha?”

          “Sige, magliligpit din muna ako ng kinainan natin.. Wag ka magtatagal ha?”

          “Oo naman…wait lang.”  Painstakingly, he made his way to the confession room.  Once inside, his private nurse stepped out of the blue room and guided him towards the bed on the same room.  Zoe was already inside, and immediately began another session of his treatments.