Chapter 17: Renewed Doubts

I Want to Know What Love Is

 

The ringing of a cellphone woke them up.  Gerald took Kim’s phone and answered Portia’s call.

“Hi ate, san na kayo?”

“Dito na sa airport.  Kayo?”

“Nasa hotel.  Is your transfer there already?”

“Wala pa nga eh.  If it’s not here in 10 minutes, we’re taking the cab.”

“Sige, we’ll just wait for you here.  Di pa kami kumain eh.  Nakatulog kasi kami pareho.”  Gerald smiled as he looked at the angel sleeping beside him.

“Sige, be there in 20 minutes tops.  Bye.”

Gerald repeatedly kissed Kim on the lips until she opened her eyes.

“Wake up, sleepyhead.  They’re on their way.  We have to get dressed or else they’d guess right away what we’ve been doing for the past couple of hours.”

“Huh?  Naku, andyan na sila?”  She suddenly sat up, losing the sheets and blushing profusely as she realized she was bare in front of Gerald.

“Naku, ngayon ka pa nahiya eh kanina nga ang lakas-lakas ng ungol mo…”  Gerald even more as she glared at him, frantically looking for her clothes.

“Ano ba, alis ka na dyan…bihis ka na please?  Babe naman eh, gusto mo bang pareho tayong mapagalitan?”

“Baby, we’re both consenting adults.  This is our private life and they cannot intrude, ok?  Cool ka lang…  Get dressed and I’ll see you in 15 minutes.  Love you.”  He stood up, wore his boxers and racerback and turned to leave the room.  Kim caught his arm, making him turn around to face her.

“Ha?  Bakit?”

Kim tiptoed and gave Gerald a slow and sensual kiss on the lips before releasing his hand.  She smiled at his surprised reaction and she just walked past him to go to the bathroom.

Gerald smiled back, a lump forming in his throat as he realized how much he really loves her.  When Kim closed the door of the bathroom, he turned to leave, but made sure that the door was locked from the inside before going to his room.

**********************************************************************************************************************

          Thirty minutes later, Portia and Nhila entered the restaurant on the 72nd floor and looked for their wards.  They saw them in a corner table watching the world below, unaware of the people around them.

          “They really look good together.  Haaaay….sana nga sila na for keeps.”  Nhila sighed as she stopped in her tracks just to watch her two favorite persons in the world of showbiz.  Portial sighed, as if contented just watching Kim and Gerald off-cam.

          “Yes, they do.  I just hope they realize how much they love each other before anything happens.  I’m really worried, Nhils.”

          “Don’t worry, I’m sure God has good plans for them.  Teka, di ba  they’re doing the double-date with Jason and Melai next week? Ok na kaya yung schedules natin for the tapings of KTM and the last few scenes that have to be shot for PNK?  Hala, lagot tayo pag nagbuhol-buhol ang sched ni Ge.  He has to be checked daw for a possible operation di ba?  Pa’no na yun?”

          “I’ve got an idea.  Di ba Ge has to rest for at least a week before the check-up?  Pwede naman sigurong sa PBB house na sya mag-rest, at the same time, it will give the viewers especially the fans, the chance to see how things between them have changed since their original stay in 2006.  Eh bakit di natin i-suggest kay Big Brother na sa confession  room na lang gawin yung ibang tests na kelangan para hindi rin mag-duda si Kimmy?”

          “I think may plan si Ge about that.  Di pa nya na-discuss with Direk Lauren pero palagay ko naman papaya sila.  By the way, a Dr. Zoe called me up this morning, asking where Gerald is.  Sya ata yung doctor nya sa States.  Di kaya magalit si Ge na sinabi ko kung san tayo naka-billet?  Mukang pupunta sya dito eh.”

          “Di naman siguro.  Pero sinabi mo ba na kasama nya si Kim?”

          “Oo naman….”

          “Yun naman pala eh, bahala na.  We only have 2 more days here, aabot ba yun kung sa states pa manggagaling?  Hay naku, halika na nga, gutom na ako.”  And they went to join Kim and Gerald in their table.

          “Uuuuyyy, mukang nag-e-enjoy kayo ah.”  Ate Nhila sat next to Gerald while Ate Portia took the seat next to Kim.

          “Hi mga ate!  How’s your trip?  Toxic ba?”  Kim asked, not directly answering her handler’s observation although she felt her cheeks burn a little when she remembered what happened earlier.

          “Hay naku, sinabi mo!  Teka, let’s eat first, nagwawala na ang mga alaga ko sa tyan eh.”  It was Ate Portia who answered, before standing up again and leading the group toward the very long buffet table.

          After eating, the two handlers discussed their schedules for the next three weeks, beginning with the double-date with Melai and Jason, the promotions for KTM and PNK and the premiere night of PNK, leaving out the plans to “kidnap” them and to take them back to PBB House in Hundred Islands.

          It was almost 2 am when the group decided to head for their rooms since they would be joining the tour tomorrow.  Portia and Nhila walked ahead, still trying to make the schedules of the two meet so that their wards would spend each day together for the next two months at least.

          Kim and Gerald walked leisurely beside each other, with Gerald’s arm protectively placed on Kim’s shoulders while hers enveloped Gerald’s waist.  Once in a while, they would whisper in each other’s ears before dissolving in fits of laughter.  When they reached the elevator, they let the two go ahead, saying they will get the next one.  When they finally got on one, Gerald embraced Kim from behind and started kissing her nape, down to her shoulders while warmly rubbing Kim’s tummy with his hands.  Kim immediately sensed that Gerald was beginning to have a hard on as she felt the hardness sticking to her behind.  She smiled as she waited for the perfect timing.  When they were just a floor below theirs, and she knew that the elevator would be stopping any moment soon, she began feeling the ridge sticking behind her.  Gerald stopped kissing her when he realized what she was doing.  He froze in surprise, not knowing what to think of it.  He was about to open his mouth to say something when the elevator door opened and Kim pulled his hand to get off.  She naughtily winked at him before walking ahead of him towards their rooms.

          “Babe, pwede bang humirit ng isa pa?  Dun muna tayo sa room ko?”  He asked, smiling like an innocent child waiting for a reward for a good deed.

          “Di pwede, babe, baka makahalata sila, kakahiya naman…next time na lang ulit, k?”

          Gerald sadly nodded his head, not looking at Kim.

          “O, wag ka na magtampo.  Ayaw mo nun, may hihintayin kang next time.”  Kim tried to console her boyfriend who looked really cute when he’s pouting like a child denied a favorite treat.  As a consolation, she wrapped her arms around his neck, and sweetly kissed him on the lips.  Gerald embraced her tightly, slightly pushing his hips against Kim’s so she could feel his urgency.

          “O, o, behave.  Baka lumabas si Ate Portia.”  Kim nagged at him, cutting off the kiss they shared.

          “Sige, pasok ka na.  Goodnight, Kimmy.  Dream of me.  I love you.”  And he slowly turned her towards the door by pushing her on her shoulders.

          “Goodnight baby.  Don’t worry, I will.”  And she sauntered to their room.  Suddenly, a loud shrilling filled the empty hallway.

          “Ge, sino’ng tumatawag sa’yo at this ungodly hour?”

          He shrugged as he took his cellphone from his jeans pocket.

          “Hello?  Yes?  Ah, ok.  Sige, I’ll just get it in the morning.  Please leave it with the Information Desk.  Thank you.”

          “Babe, sino yun?”  Asked Kim, suddenly feeling uneasy that someone was calling Gerald at almost 2:30 in the morning.

          “O, bago ka magselos, mag-e-explain na ko.  Remember nung dumating ako?  Di ba na-delay ako sa baggage claim?  I didn’t notice na naiwan ko pala yung toiletry bag ko sa may immigration desk.  Ngayon lang nila na-trace kung kanino kaya ayun, itinawag saken.”

          “Sure ka ha?  Baka kung sino’ng babae yan, naku, Geraldo ka!  Hmp!”  Kim’s signature pout coupled with her crossed-arms stance was surely a sight to behold, thought Gerald.  Lord, how he loves this girl!

          “Hay naku, ang baby ko, nagselos na naman… pero pag nasa harap ng camera, di daw sya selosa huh? Oo nga naman, kaya hayan, umuusok na ang bumbunan mo…  halika nga rito,”  he lovingly , and his fingers soon found its way to her armpits, tickling vehemently as if making her pay for doubting him.

          Soon, they were chasing each other on the hallway, trying their best to keep their noise down, but all efforts were in vain, so they decided to go back to the 24-hour restaurant on the penthouse of the hotel.  Walking with his arms around her, Gerald sighed contentedly, thinking, “I could go on like this forever.  Please, God, give me a hundred years more.  I love her so much I just want to stay with her for all eternity.”

          “Baby?  What’s that smile for?”  Kim asked Gerald as they found a table in the dimly-lit corner.

          “Nothing, I was just wondering if you might one day do me the honor of being my wife…”

          “Ha?  Naka-fast forward mode ka ba?  Ang bilis ah!  Naka-first base ka lang, gusto mo na kagad akong itali.  Hoy, Mr. Anderson, di pa ko marunong magluto ‘no?!  Sige ka, pulos take-out ang kakainin mo…”

          “Kahit pa araw-araw, kung ikaw naman ang kasalo ko, ok lang kahit puro siomai at crispy pata ang kainin ko.  Wag lang yung makunat ang balat ha?”  And he smiled his cutest smile at her.  Kim’s heart sank.  “Susmaryosep,”  she thought, “pano ba naman akong hindi mai-inlove sa lalaking ‘to…grabe ang mga pakilig!”

          “O, di ka na sumagot…ayaw mo?”  Gerald asked sadly.

          “Ha?  Ang alin?  Ang siomai?  Ako pa!  Favorite ko yun, di ba?”

          “Hay naku, wag na nga, di ka naman pala nakikinig…”  He turned his back on her, somewhat offended.

          “Haysus naman, di ka na mabiro… syempre gustong-gusto ko.  Ako pa!  Eh yun na yata ang pinangarap ko since nung nasa Hundred Islands pa tayo.  Nag-i-imagine ako na paglabas natin, tayo na.  Di ko naman in-expect na magiging artista talaga tayo.”

          “Ayun na!  Inamin din!  Sabi ko na nga ba at noon pa eh patay na patay ka na saken!  So, does that mean you’re saying yes?”

          “Ha?  Nag-propose ka na ba?  Di pa naman ah!  Kapal nito…Hmp!  Halika na nga, inaantok na ako.”  She stood up, bringing Gerald with her.

          When they reached their floor, Kim glanced at Gerald, who suddenly became very quiet.  “O, sige na.  Goodnight na.”  And she lingeringly kissed him again on the lips before entering the room she shared with their handlers.

          Gerald stared at the door for quite sometime before deciding to finally open his door.  Once inside, he remembered the phone call he received earlier.  It was actually Zoe, telling him that she would be arriving in Manila any day this week, and that his treatments should be starting soon.  For the second time since he came to Bangkok, he doubted whether he did the right thing with Kim or not, and again, he felt as helpless as ever.