Chapter 16: Bangkok Rendezvous (Ooooopsie Part2)

I Want to Know What Love Is

 

Gerald sat alone in a chair provided for him by the E-Live staff.  He felt a little tired and on the down side, probably because Kim has already left for Bangkok that morning.  He texted her that he was promoting PNK and KTM at E-Live today and that he missed her.

          “Gerald, kaw na sunod ha?”  a staff called out from the hallway.  After a minute or so, he heard his name as he was introduced by Bianca Gonzalez.

          “Hi, Gerald!  Happy New Year!”

          “Happy New Year din, Ate Biancs!”

          “I heard a lot of things but I’m not going to ask about them on air.  Just promise me you’ll make kwento later, ok?”

          “Ha?  Ano yun?  Naku, baka  intriga na naman yan.  Wala pa naman si Kim ngayon.”

          “No, don’t worry, it’s only the 2nd day of the year and we didn’t invite you here to put you on the hot seat.  Bukas pa ata ‘yon i-e-air sa The Buzz…”  Bianca as he felt a slight flush on his face as he realized she was talking about his gift for Kim.

          “So, bago ka mag-blush nang husto, why don’t you invite everybody on your upcoming soap and movie?  Bongga kayo ha?  Two huge projects in one month, don’t you ever rest?”

          “Yes, we’re really thankful for all the blessings.  Sana nga po tuloy-tuloy lang for the rest of the year.  With the support of our dear fans, I’m sure KTM and PNK will be huge hits.  All we ask is for KTM to surpass TD’s success.”

          “Ofcourse!  Kayo pa!  Para ano pa at ginawang banner movie ng ABS-CBN ang movie nyo if the big bosses are not confident that you can hold your own?”

          “Sana nga po.  Mga Kapamilya, please watch Kung Tayo’y Magkakalayo, January 18 na po.  And Paano na Kaya on January 27.  Thank you po.”

          “One last question, Gerald.  There are a lot of people asking whether you and Kim will finally make your relationship as a real couple official this year.  What can you say about that?”

          “Parati ko pong sinasabi, what you see is what you get.  Just like the rest of you, I’m also waiting for Kim to make it official.  Maybe you should ask her, not me.”

          “So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen, the prince of primetime, Gerald Anderson.  Don’t go away, we’ll be right back.”  And the ON-AIR light goes off.

          “Hay, ano na’ng balita sa inyo?”  Asked Bianca.  “Kayo na ba?”

          Gerald just smiled but didn’t say anything.

          “Hmp, talagang masikreto ka pa rin ha?  Sige na nga, pag kasama mo na lang si Kim…. Teka, ano’ng time ng flight mo?  I almost forgot.  Nhila nga pala told me you’re going to Bangkok from here.”

          “Ate Biancs, when the right time comes, promise, I will tell you everything you want to know.  For now, I really have to get going, or else my plane will leave without me on it.”  And Gerald stood up, gave Bianca a hug and said his goodbyes to the fans.

************************************************

Bangkok, Thailand – 6 pm  (Airport)

          Kim was waiting in the lobby just a few meters from the exit.  She looked at her watch again then back to the message board announcing the status of each flight.  It clearly indicates that Gerald’s flight has arrived 1 hour ago, yet she couldn’t see any sign of him anywhere.

          Inside the Immigration Office, Gerald has just regained consciousness.  The last thing he remembers, he was reaching for his bag in the baggage claim area when he felt a wave of dizziness swept over him.  He held on to one of the nearby carts and was able to call the attention of the nearest airport personnel before passing out.  The next thing he knew, he was already inside this office with three people:  the Immigration Officer on duty, the staff who helped him and the airport paramedic.  Good thing none of them seemed to recognize him.

          “Young man, are you ok now?”  asked the paramedic.  “Is there anyone expecting you here?”

          “Oh my god, Kimmy!  She must be real worried already.  Yes, sir, there is someone waiting for me and she’s probably outside by now.  Thank you so much for helping me but I really have to go.”

          “If you’re sure you’re ok, then here are your luggages and your jacket.  Please check if nothing’s amiss.”

          After checking on his things and finding everything intact, he mumbled his gratitude to the three and bid them goodbye.  He saw her impatience as she walked back and fort near the information desk.  She looked up as he approached her and recognizing him, she ran and embraced him without any inhibition.

          “Ge!  Ang tagal mo naman.  Kanina pa ako rito eh.  Akala ko kung ano nang nangyari sa’yo.”

          “Sorry, babe.  Natagalan ang maleta ko eh.  Halika na.”  And they went out to the waiting van with the name “Baiyoke Sky” on it.

          “So, kumusta ang guesting mo sa e-live?  Na-hot seat ka ba?”  Kim inquired, trying not to show her apprehensiveness.  “Ano mga tinanong sa’yo?”

          “The usual.  Alam mo na.  Don’t worry, wala akong inamin.  Ikaw, kumusta ang shoot?  Tapos na ba? Pwede na tayo mamasyal bukas after the Meet and Greet?”

          “Yap!  Pinilit ko talagang tapusin kasi I want to spend time with you.  O, ha?  Baka may masabi ka pa nyan…”

          “Thanks, babe.  I appreciate it.”  And Gerald rested his head on Kim’s, not letting go of his embrace until they reached the hotel.  “One room lang ba tayo?”  He asked after getting off the van.  The porter got his luggage and guided them toward the concierge.

          “Ano ka, sinuswerte?  Single room ka, at triple sharing kami nina ate Portia at ate Nhila.  Kaya lang mamaya pang 11pm ang dating nila eh.”

          “Di ka na mabiro.  Halika na nga, I want to rest for a while before we have dinner.  Pagod na pagod talaga ako.”

          Gerald asked the bellman to go ahead as he checked for the tours they could go to the following day.  After making the arrangements, he took Kim’s hand and led her to the elevator.  As soon as the door closed, he held Kim by the waist, pinned her against the wall and stared into her eyes before lowering his lips to hers.  At first, the kiss was hesitant, merely tasting her slightly-parted lips, but as Kim’s hands went up to his neck, Gerald’s mouth became more demanding, his tounge began to seek hers.  It was a full five minutes before they came up for air, just in time for the elevator door to stop on their floor.  The door opened and an old lady who looked every bit Korean looked at them as if to ask whether they’re getting off or not.  Realizing they were already on the right floor, Kim and Gerald got out, smiling politely at the old lady, and bawled as soon as she was out of sight.

          “Hay naku, Geraldo, one of these days, mahuhuli tayo sa ginagawa mo!”

          “Ako pa daw o!  Ikaw nga ‘tong di na naka-pigil eh, pinanggigilan mo na ‘ko.”  Gerald endlessly as they turned towards their rooms.  The bellman looked impatient already as he waited outside Gerald’s door.  He gave him 20 baht after his luggage was deposited inside.  When the bellman was already out of sight, Gerald pulled Kim by the hand, and continued where they left off in the elevator.  He closed the door with his foot without breaking their kiss which by now has already become more torrid than ever.

          Kim held on to Gerald’s neck, slightly caressing his back in between.  They inched their way in and finally fell on the bed, still entangled with each other.   Gerald, mustering all the self-control he could ever find in himself, broke the kiss and lay unmoving on the bed.  He could hear Kim panting beside him, obviously as as he was.  When he looked at her, he saw a tear slide down his cheeks.

          “Kimmy, bakit ka umiiyak?”  He asked worriedly.  “Did I hurt you?”

          “Nakakainis ka na eh.  Bakit ba parati mo na lang akong binibitin?  Ayaw mo ba saken?  Di ba ‘ko maganda sa paningin mo kaya di mo ituloy ang…hmp!  Bahala ka na nga!”  Kim gruntled, finally able to voice out what she felt about Gerald’s obvious withdrawal.

          “Babe, sorry ha?  I don’t want to take advantage of the situation.  Baka magalit ka lang saken later on.  Syempre I want you to be ready for our first time kasi I want it to be a beautiful experience for you.  Hindi mo ba maintindihan ‘yun?”  Gerald fervently tried to explain his behavior without letting his condition known.

          “Oo na, oo na…Hmp!  Dyan ka na nga, dun muna ako sa kwarto ko!”  And she stood up from the bed, took her bag from where it dropped on the floor and was about to march out of the room when Gerald embraced her from behind, his face nestling on her neck.

          “Wag ka naman magalit o!  Promise, when it happens, it will be worth your wait!”

          “Tse!  Sa sinasabi mo para namang ako ang atat na atat sa ginagawa natin eh, kainis ka!  Ayoko na!   Next time, don’t start anything you can’t finish!”  With that, she broke free from his embrace and went out the door, leaving Gerald gaping at her retreating figure.  Kim was already in her room but Gerald still couldn’t believe what he heard from Kim.  His usually timid and shy Kim.

          “God, ano ba’ng gagawin ko sa’yo, Kimmy!  Kung pwede ko lang sabihin ang totoo…”

          Kim sat on the carpeted floor with the edge of the bed supporting her back.  She lay her head on the bed and closed her eyes.  She was still flushed after her tirade a while ago.  She couldn’t believe she said all those things to Gerald.  “Geez, I sounded like a friggin’ -starved girlfriend!  Nakakahiya!”  And she buried her head on the pillow she had been hugging since she walked out on Gerald.

          Feeling left with no choice but to apologize, she decided to calm herself first by making use of the jacuzzi in the bathroom.  It’s still early for dinner and their handlers wouldn’t be arriving until 11.  That means they still have a good 5 hours to rest.  She took off her clothes, wrapped the big towel around her body and started the water.  There was a sachet of lavender-scented bubble bath soap in the rack beside the jacuzzi.  She poured it over the now half-filled tub and watched as bubbles started to appear.  After checking the temperature and the settings, she tossed the towel aside and lowered herself into the water. 

          “This is heaven…”  and she closed her eyes, letting the simmering water ease her tense muscles.

          Meanwhile, Gerald fought against himself, trying to justify his decision to hold back on the reason why Kim walked out on him.  “No, I just can’t tell her yet.  But how do I tell her how much I want her but just doesn’t want to take advantage of the situation?  God knows how much I want her, but what if I don’t recover from this Aortic Stenosis?  What then?  She will hate me for claiming what she could have offered the man who would marry her after I’m gone.”

          He was startled when his cellphone suddenly rang.  It was Zoe.

          “RJ?  Where are you?  Someone from the Bangkok Immigration called me up to ask where he could find you.  Apparently you left your medicine kit when you passed out.  How long has this fainting spells been going on and why in heaven’s name have you not told me about it?”  Zoe definitely wasn’t in a good mood.

          “Hi, ate.  I’m sorry.  I didn’t realize I lost my kit until you called.  I don’t want to talk about my situation, ok?  As it is I’m already having a hard time dealing with it because I couldn’t do it with Kim.”

          “What did you say?  RJ, are you out of your mind?  I’m so worried about your health and here you are worried whether you should make love to your girlfriend or not?”  He heard Zoe laughing so hard at the other end of the line.  “My God, brother, you’ve really got it bad!  Wait till George hears about this…”

          “Don’t you dare!  Now, come on, seriously, do you think we should…you know…”

          “All of a sudden you turn shy on me, huh?  Li’l brother, you’re 20 turning 21 soon and Kimmy is what, 19 turning 20?  And you’re asking me if you should do it?  Well, if you really love her, why not?  Don’t feel guilty.  At least, if something happens to you, you’d be leaving her with something beautiful… a memory she could go back to until such time that she could let go of you and everything you represent in her life.”  Zoe tried her hardest to hold back the sobs that were beginning to form in .  “Just follow your heart, RJ….you’ll never go wrong.”

          “Thanks, ate.  Don’t worry, I’ll be ok.  As long as Kimmy’s with me, nothing bad will happen to me.  Talk to you again soon.  Kiss Gramma and Gramps for me, ok?  Bye.”

          After putting down the phone, Gerald saw the wisdom in what Zoe has just told him.  He decided to do what his heart told him.  So he changed into a comfortable pair of black boxers and a matching racerback that hugs his perfectly fit abs.  He freshened up and locked his room to find the other half of his heart just nestled in the Jacuzzi next door.

(FOR THOSE BELOW 18, PLEASE SKIP THIS PART)

(As if I could stop you, hahahaha...)

          He knocked three times and receiving no answer, he tried the door and found it unlocked.  He went inside the room looking for Kim.  The door to the bathroom was slightly ajar so he peeked inside and saw the most beautiful sight ever.  His Kimmy was lying on the Jacuzzi with her eyes closed.  The lights were dim and a soft music was playing through the piped-in speakers.

          Gerald turned and locked the door of the room before slowly getting inside the bathroom.  He tiptoed towards the Jacuzzi, careful not to disturb her.  Silently, he took off his clothes and slowly climbed into the water.

          Kim instantly opened her eyes, about to scream when she felt someone get into the tub with her.

          “Ge….a-ano’ng ginagawa mo dito?”

          “Fulfilling a promise…”

          “Ha?  Ano’ng promise-promise?  Kaw ha, masyado kang assuming.  Who told you na pwede mo ‘ko sabayan dito?”

          “Bakit, kasya naman tayo ah…there’s more than enough space for the two of us…”

          “Ayoko…”

          “Baby…”

          “Ayoko sabi…sige ka ----“  before Kim could finish what she was about to say, Gerald lowered his head and covered with his.  He lips with his tounge, as if asking permission to seek its other half.  Kim closed her eyes and savored the minty taste of Gerald’s lips, unaware that her arms have found their way to his neck.

          Slowly, Gerald lowered his back to rest on the curve of the tub, bringing Kim with him, not letting go of her lips.  He gently positioned her on his lap, letting her legs straddle his waist.  Tenderly, he kissed the nape of her neck, raining small kisses along the path he has dreamed of often enough.  His hands found her s and started to fondle one after the other.  Kim felt that familiar burning sensation, aggravated even more by the heat of the water enveloping them.  Her s grew taut, as if they have minds of their own.  Gerald’s hands were weaving magic on her body.  Where his hands trailed, his lips followed.  Soon, he was at each pink tip like a newborn hungry for nourishment.  From her s, his hands slowly went down to her source of femininity.  Kim jumped a bit in surprise, not exactly knowing whether to block his hands or hold his head as his lips continued nipping at her buds.

          Gerald slowly moved his hand toward Kim’s mound of pleasure, hesitating a little when he felt her jump a bit in surprise.  But feeling no resistance from her, he continued his search.  Finally, he felt the tiny accountable for the endless pleasure that Kim’s about to get.  He fondled it with his fingers, slowly at first, getting faster as Kim responded accordingly by arching her hips toward his hands.  His lips moved to cover hers again as his fingers continued to stir the passion that Kim didn’t realize she had.

          As Gerald’s fingers found the opening to her very soul, Kim felt drowning in the deliriously sweet sensation that would be exploding anytime soon.  He gradually tried to push his middle finger in, slightly peering at Kim’s tightly closed eyes, trying to gauge whether he was hurting her or not.  She seemed heedless of everything else.  Gently, he weaved his pointer along with the other finger inside of her.  Kim let out a soft moan of pleasure which almost pushed Gerald out of control.  But he wanted this to be very special for Kim that he held back a little bit more, not minding his piece that stood at complete attention, waiting for its turn.

          As his fingers went faster, her hips responded just as much.  She felt the tingling sensation that crept up to her loins, filling the emptiness but not quite enough.  Even in the bubbly water, Gerald felt that Kim was finally ready for him.  He positioned her again on his lap facing him, and gently, he lowered her to his readiness.  Kim held on to Gerald’s back as she felt the pain as soon as their bodies slowly united.  As he guided her hips to swing to and fro, he continued to kiss her to ease her mind off the pain that initially seared through her consciousness.  Soon enough, they were dancing to a tune as old as time.  Kim met Gerald’s s with equal fervor, each plunge throwing her deeper into the most pleasurable void that only Gerald could fill.

          Kim felt a million explosions as Gerald ed along with her.  She thought it was the most beautiful thing that could ever happen to them, but it seemed like Gerald still has a few tricks up his imaginary sleeve.

          He stood up, bringing Kim with him.  He got out of the tub, reached for the power off button before getting Kim out of the Jacuzzi.  He dried her off with the towel she used earlier before picking her up like a bride being carried into the threshold.  He brought her to the bed and laid her down.  He kissed her everywhere, starting from the head, slowly going down.  His mouth stayed a little longer on the space in between her s, trying to decide whether to or just nibble on the pink tips.  Once again, his lips trailed her soft skin, just as it did on their honeymoon scene in Tayong Dalawa.  He scaled her hands, down to her arms, to her s, then to her navel down to where they were joined together a few minutes ago.

          Kim panicked as she realized where Gerald’s lips were heading.  She felt shy and apprehensive at the same time.  As his lips neared its destination, he seemingly tortured her by going very, very slowly.  Then, when she thought he stopped, his tongue found the tiny seed that gave Kim one of her biggest O and began teasing it again.  Kim felt her hunger for Gerald was rekindled as her love juices started to flow into Gerald’s mouth.  She lay gasping for breath, waiting for yet another fulfillment of Gerald’s promise.

          Kim could almost sense the hammering need in her loins, waiting for her soulmate to fill the emptiness she felt.  “Ge…please!  I need you now…Show me again what love is…please!  Ooooh….” 

Gerald positioned himself on top of her, gently kissed her and slowly entered her, trying not to hurt her.  When Kim felt his masculinity fully inside of her, she initiated the , almost synonymous to the speed of a galloping steed.  Gerald kept up with her, consuming her, enticing her to keep up with him to the very end.  Finally, when they thought they’d reached the highest point of ecstasy, they shuddered as another wave of pleasure swept over them as they pinnacled to the top of the world.

They lay side by side, their bodies intertwined, spent but definitely glowing from what had just happened.

“Ge…thank you.”

“No, baby, ako ang dapat mag-thank you.  You entrusted me with something that’s really precious.  I will cherish this for as long as I live.  I love you so much.”

“I love you too.”

“No regrets?”

“Wala…no matter what happens, walang-wala akong pagsisisihan.”

He kissed her again before covering them both with the silky soft sheets.  Soon, they were both asleep with smiles on their faces.