Chapter 14: Unexpected Assignments

I Want to Know What Love Is

 

Kim hastily pulled the covers to hide her body just as Gerald slightly opened the door just enough to see who was outside.

          “Ge, si Ate Nhila nasa phone, di ka raw ma-contact sa cell mo,”  Matt stated matter of factly, trying not to smile as he took in Gerald’s appearance.

          “Sige, pare, please tell her I’ll call her cellphone now.  Thanks.”  With that, he closed the door behind him and looked at the heap of disheveled comforter lying on his bed.  He couldn’t decide whether Kim was still underneath or not, but he decided to be naughty and slowly crept inside the covers from the far end of the bed.  Kim’s feet greeted his face and he smiled coyly.  Holding both her ankles with one hand, he tickled her feet until Kim couldn’t contain her laughter any longer.  She tried frantically to free her feet from Gerald’s grip, but to no avail.  Gerald was laughing with her.  She was oblivious to the outside world, until Kim realized he was no longer holding her.  She looked for him under the sheets but he wasn’t there so Kim pushed the comforter aside and that was when she found Gerald sitting on the floor with his back supported by the edge of the bed.

          “Baby?  What’s wrong?”  Kim hurriedly went to his side, looking for answers in his eyes.

          “Wala.  Napagod lang ako.  Are you happy?”  He was a little out of breath and a bit pale but Kim didn’t ask any question.  She sat on his lap and encircled his neck with her arms.

          “Sobra.  Thank you, baby.  I love you so much.  Wag mo na ‘ko iiwan ha?”

          “Promise, I won’t.  From now on, kahit san tayo magpunta, lagi tayong magkasama.”  He kissed her forehead before resting his chin on top of her head.  “Sige na, get dressed, baka magkasakit ka na nyan sa sobrang exposure,”  Gerald pushed Kim up from his lap and swatted her just as he did during the Wowowee Olympics.

          Kim happily gathered her clothes strewn all over the bed and went inside the bathroom.  Gerald pulled a shirt from his closet and put it on before knocking twice on the bathroom door.  “Baby, sunod ka na sa labas ha?”  He took his cellphone from the drawer of his side table and went out.

          Ate Nhila answered his call on the third ring.  “Hay salamat, tumawag ka rin.  Is Kim with you?”

          “Sorry po, nakatulog kasi ako.  Yes, she’s with me.  Why po?

          “I have some good news for the both of you.  Direk Lauren called Mr. M and asked if the two of you can go on a double date with Jason and Melai before the end of PBB Double Up.  Not only that, they’re also planning to end the season with a trip down memory lane.  To give this season’s big four a chance to rehearse their number for the big night, you and Kim will be “kidnapped” and brought back to the PBB house at Hundred Islands for a week.  Kim doesn’t know this yet.  Portia and I asked Mr. M’s permission not to tell her about the trip to Hundred Islands just to give you a chance to prepare in case you’d like to plan a surprise for her.”

          “Wow!  That’s definitely good news, ate.  Thanks!  Can I ask you a favor?  I think Ms. Charo and Direk Lauren gave their permission to my architect to copy the PBB House at Hundred Islands so I could have an exact replica at my property in Anilao, Batangas.  Is it possible to use that instead of bringing us to Hundred Islands again?  I’m sure Kim wouldn’t notice.  She’d still think we’re at the original PBB House.  My surprise depends on whether they would agree with my plan or not.”

          “Ok, I’ll see what I can do.  By the way, Kim is doing a shoot in Bangkok on the 2nd so you have to promote KTM alone at E-Live.  But you can fly there in the evening so the two of you can have some “alone” time.  You’re scheduled to have a Meet and Greet with your fans at Baiyoke Sky II on the 3rd anyway.  Then you go back on the 4th.  Portia will brief you about your taping schedules.  Anymore questions?”

          “Uhm, ate, di na ba kami kasama sa ASAP?  Di ba first live telecast sa Jan. 3?  Bakit parang sinadya na di kami makasama dun?”

          “Sus, hindi ‘no?  Goercel is doing a simple routine for the two of you to do para maipalabas sa Jan. 3.  Pinapasabik lang ang fans nyo para mas maging exciting ang opening ng KTM sa 18.  Don’t worry, pinapa-gaan lang naming ni Portia and schedules nyo at baka naman magkasakit na kayong dalawa sa sobrang stress.”

          “Ah, ok.  Akala ko kasi tinanggal na kami eh,”  relief was very evident in his voice.  “Ate, kasama ba kayo ni Ate Portia sa Bangkok?”

          “Pilyo ka ha?  Susunod kaming dalawa.  You better behave, Mr. Anderson!”  Nhila jokingly answered.  By then, Kim was already at Gerald’s side, trying to hear what was being said by putting her left ear on the other side of the phone.

          “Yes, ma’am!  Just checking kung lulusot, hahaha.  So, pano?  I’ll just tell Kimmy to wait for Ate Portia’s call?” and with that, he ended the call.  He then turned to Kim and gave her a brief rundown of what Nhila has just told him.