Kills

Why me?

A/N: Sorry, short chapter. Uni life is hard T^T graduating in a year. Thanks for waiting, lovelies <3~


You returned to your dorm room to unpack after finding your schedules. You sat on your bed and sighed. You placed your face in your hands. "Why me?", you mumbled into your hands. You lifted your face away from your hands and saw a silver band on your finger. 

Oh yeah.

You just remembered that it was time to move on. The ring was the symbol of a new start. You looked at the ring and smiled. Jongin.


Luhan pushed Sohee off after he saw you walk away. 

"Ok. Get off.", Luhan said, coldly.

"Oppa.", Sohee whined. 

"You're older than me by 3 months. I'm not your oppa.", Luhan said, "And go home. It takes an hour to get back."

Luhan got up and walked to his dorm. He was expecting you to be back at your dorm; the dorm that was supposed to be across from his since he didn't see anyone in that room earlier. 

"B-but-", Sohee tried to call out, but Luhan was too far to even care. 

Sohee didn't go to SNU. She just followed Luhan on the first day to get him 'comfortable'. Yes, Luhan did use her as a distraction but he told her that. Don't worry, they didn't do anything more than hang out as friends. 

Sohee huffed and stormed off to the trains. 

Luhan walked down the hall to his dorm and walked in to his room, purposely leaving the door open so he could see you. Unfortunately, 1 hour became 2, then 3, so Luhan became impatient and found the head of the dorm. 

"Come in!", the voice said, after Luhan knocked, "Oh hey! Welcome, what can I do for you?"

"Do you know where my dorm neigbour is?", Luhan asked abrubtly. 

"... uh. What's the dorm number?", the head asked. According to his door, he wrote "LAY" on the name plate.

"502.", Luhan answered. 

"Hm... Ah, Cho... Hana.", Lay said, while looking at the list of people in his dorm.

Luhan smiled, hearing your name.

"Oh, wait. , no, she moved.", Lay answered, but when he looked up, Luhan was gone. "Odd guy." 

 

Luhan ran back to his dorm and the word "moved" kept repeating in his head like he couldn't believe it. 

He grabbed a fistful of his hair and growled in frustration. "Where the hell is she now?!", he cried. 

He then remembered you had a few classes with him so he waited it out the next day.


You were talking to Jongin all morning through Skype. He was getting ready to go leave his home as well. 

Even as you were walking to class, you were talking to him. But as soon as you arrived, you saw Luhan sitting in one of the to rows looking down at you. 

"Oppa, I have to go now. I have class....Yeah.. yeah.. Okay, I'll talk to you later!", you said and hung up the phone. 

You sat in the middle row, away from Luhan. But suddenly, you saw someone jump into the seat on your right. You saw a familiar hand on the armrest. And you sighed knowing it was Luhan. What does he want now?

You packed your stuff and walked to a different row. But Luhan followed. Soon, you couldn't move because the professor came in and started lecture. You could feel Luhan's stare on the side of your head, so you lifted your hood up and pulled your hair down. 

You rested your head on your right hand to block your view of Luhan. 

Luhan smirked knowing that he still had this kind of effect on you. But his gaze suddenly fell on the thin, silver band on your ring finger of your right hand. 

"That is definitely not from me.", Luhan thought as his eyebrows furrowed.

He kept looking at the ring and his heart clenched with pain. His thoughts went to the worst and imagined you happy with someone else. 

Lecture was almost done but you were cramping up from staying in the same position for and hour. To your right, where you didn't dare to look, Luhan was nodding off to sleep. He kept his eyes fixed on your ring but, due to worrying about you the night before, he couldn't help but close his eyes. 

Soon the professor announced that class was over and you quickly darted up, grabbed your books and rushed out of class. You were calling Yu-ri to tell her about your worst first class. As the phone was ringing, you were thinking to yourself. How did me and Luhan get to this? We were so in love this time last year.  

You shook the thought away and heard Yu-ri's voice answer. 

"Hey.", she greeted with a morning voice.

"Yah! Why are you still sleeping?!", you yelled. 

"Oh shut up, my head hurts. What do you want?", she asked. 

"Worst. Morning. Ever.", you groaned.

"Why?", you hear her shuffling in the background.

"Luhan is the first thing I see this morning. He's trying to get closer to me again. He was sitting beside me in lecture and it was so hard to concentrate. Ugh, he looks..kind of.... hot. What do I do??"

"Well first of all, don't worry about him. He's just desperate to get at you again. And second, look at your right hand... You see a ring, right? Right. That's from Jongin, in case you forgot. The past is the past for the reason. We can't go back in time, only go forward. Arasso?", she said as you heard her brushing her teeth. 

"Right. Yu-ri, I don't know what I'd do with out you. Lunch later? I'll call Sehun."

"Kay! See ya!", then she hung up the phone. 


Lunch came and you met up with Sehun and Yu-ri at a ramen shop across the street from campus. You were all feeling happy and satisfied for the first day. Luhan, on the other hand, was not.

He was trying to look for you all over campus. When he finally saw you, he frowned upon hearing your laughter. He was sad that he wasn't the reason for your smiles and laughs anymore. He was regretting befriending Sohee. 

He missed your giggles when he would surprise you with a kiss on the cheek, your smiles when you'd just stare at him, the way you would make him smile by a simple smile from you.

He followed you in to the ramen shop and sat down away from you , but he could still see you. He was drifting into thought when the server kept pestering him for what he'd like to drink.

"...-ir. Sir? Are you okay? What would you like to drink?", the waitress asked. 

"Huh? Oh, just water. Thanks.", he said looking down. 

He waited for the waitress to leave before his head fell into his hands. He rubbed his face vigourously and muttered, "What the hell am I doing?"

The waitress came back and asked for his order. He responded by asking for their signature tonkatsu ramen. 

She was about to turn around to prepare his order when the waitress' hip bumped the table and almost knocked the glass over. She gasped and turned back around and bumped the table again. 

She finally turned around and bowed to apologize. 

"It's okay. It happens.", Luhan chuckled. 

You tilted your head a bit to look behind Sehun's head to see what the commotion was about and you saw Luhan laughing along with the waitress. 

You felt a burning sensation in your chest. Your hand went up unconsciously and clutched at it. Ah, what the hell? 

Sehun saw what you were doing and asked if you were okay. You nodded and put your hand back down. You shook your head to get the feeling out of your body. You knew you shouldn't have been feeling that way. It shouldn't affect me anymore. I'm supposed to be over him. 

You sighed and tried to listen in on what Sehun and Yu-ri were talking about. 

Luhan kept watching you. He was still very in love with you. He loved the way your eyes disappeared when you smiled, he loved how you'd bit your lip when you're anxious or impatient, he loved everything about you. But, right now, he couldn't have what he loved, and it killed him.