One chance

Why me?

As days passed, you and Jongin would barely see each other. Luhan and Sohee saw each other more, which made you even more upset and jealous. You and Luhan would see each other after he hung out with Sohee, but all he did was go on and on about Sohee. He needs to shut up about this .

It upset you even more that Jongin was barely there so you had no one to vent to. You didn't want to vent to Sehun, more than you already did. He was a great help with distracting you. 

What really boggled your mind was why you never saw Jongin after that day he was half- on your bed. Something was really wrong with him. You decided to catch him coming home and confront him about his disappearance in your life.

You were waiting in your room when you heard the front door open then close. Then you heard a pair of heavy feet walking up the stairs. You knew Jongin was home. You slid out of your room and walked right behind him silently. Then you followed him into his room before he could slam the door shut. You pushed the door closed and locked it. 

Jongin turned around and his eyes went wide when he realized what you did. 

"W-what are you doing here?", Jongin asked nervously. 

"What am I doing here? Where have you been?", you asked him. 

"I've been here. Home and out.", he answered plainly. On the outside he kept a cool exterior, but on the inside he was clenching every muscle in his body not to tackle you in a bear hug and plant kisses all over you.

"I know you've been home and out. Why don't you ever answer my texts or hang out with me or greet me like you used to?" you asked, looking into his eyes desperate for an answer.

His eyes kept shifting because he was uncomfortable with lying to you. "I-I'm busy, Hana.", he said. 

"Busy with what?!", you started raising your voice. 

"I'm just busy, okay?!", he raised his voice as well. 

"FINE. DON'T TELL ME THEN!", you yelled before storming out and slamming the door shut. 

Tears fell out of Jongin's eyes as soon as you left the room. "What do I do now?", he asking himself as he buried his face into his hand. 

You angrily sat onto your bed. You were so confused and frustrated as to why he was avoiding you and keeping "busy". You just wanted a friend.. you just wanted your old oppa back. "Why me?", you asked as you thought about all the frustrating things happening. 

You decided to call Luhan so you could calm down and forget what just happened with Jongin moments before. You pushed "3" on your phone as he was "3" on your speed dial. The phone rang for a while before it went to voicemail. What the hell. He usually answers at this time.

You tried calling again. But no answer again. You stared at your phone in worriedness and confusion. Luhan never misses my calls. 

You decided call for the last time. It rang until the very last ring, until Luhan finally picked up. 

"Hello?", he said, sounding very out of breath.

"Luhan, are you okay?", you asked. 

"I'm fine, why did you call?", he suddenly asked. He knows I usually call him at this time. 

"I wanted to chat with my boyfriend, is that bad?", you said, trying to sound playful. 

"Uh, Hana. I'm busy right now, can I call you later in.. 30 minutes?", he said.

"O-okay.", you furrowed your eyebrows. You heard the sound of cars and people talking in the background. "Are you out?", you asked. 

"OPPA!", you heard in the background. Who ever that girl is can't be calling for Luhan, could she?

"LUHANNIE-OPPA!", you heard his name being called by a girl. Why would Luhan be with a girl at this time? Who is she? Sohee? Is he cheating on me? What do I do? He loves me, and only me. That's what he said right? Ugh, Hana. Why is this happening? Wh-.....

Your thoughts were running wild with different possibilities. But they were cut short with Luhan abruptly saying, " I have to go. I'll call you later."

Then he hung up. You couldn't move. What the is happening?

You thought about Luhan and what just happened, then you thought of Luhan and Sohee together. Then you thought of Jongin. Then you thought of the requirements you needed before school started. Then you thought about how alone you felt in that moment. So many thoughts running around in your head.

You never imagined you'd feel this way, but now you were feeling it. You felt so alone. Yes, you had Sehun and your parents and Yu-ri. But they had their own lives. Yes, they were with you but they were never really with you. Confusing? It really was. You felt like all those deep emotional bonds you used to have were slowly getting cut. First, it was Jongin. Now, it was Luhan. They were the two that made you the happiest, the two that made the biggest dents in your life. And now they felt so far away from you. 

Before you knew it, you started sobbing, uncontrollably. Mostly because of Luhan. You felt like you weren't even in a relationship with him anymore. You and him barely hung out, but you talked on the phone every now and then. But it wasn't the same spark you felt before. You just felt like Luhan was pushing you away and out of his life. You didn't know if it was intentional or if he was just so caught up in his own life that he almost forgot about you. Why do I feel so helpless?

You had these set plans in your mind back then. Where you would live happily following the path that you set for yourself, enter university, get a job, have a family, with Luhan by your side. But now, he felt like he wasn't bothering to stay in your life anymore. It felt like your life was out of your control. 

Your cries getting louder and louder, and you couldn't stop. You buried your face in a pillow to muffle the sounds of your cry. 


On the other side of the wall, Jongin stood up out of surprise from the sound of your sobs. "She's crying..", he thought. His feet brought him to the door of your bedroom. 

He lifted a fist up, getting ready to knock. He stopped himself before he could and thought about whether he should really do this; go in and comfort you like always. 

He stood by your door for a while before he heard you talking. "Is she going crazy now?", he thought. 

His ears perked up but his heart broke a little when he heard you say Luhan's name.


Your cries were interrupted by your phone blasting your ringtone. You wiped your tears and sniffed a littel before answering the phone. 

"H-hello?", you answered. 

"Hana.", Luhan answered.

"Luhan."

"Sorry about that. Sohee went to a club and she ended up drunk calling me to pick her up. I mean, I couldn't just leave her there.", he explained.

"So you picked her up and brought her home?", you asked.

"Yeah, I just wanted to be a good friend. Sorry, Han. Don't get mad, please?", he said cutely, trying to lighten your mood. 

"Hm. Well, um. Can we talk?", you asked, completely ignoring what he said. 

"Aren't we talking now?"

"Yes. I mean, can we talk.... about us?"

"What about us?"

"Are we happy?"

"I'm happy, are you?"

"I'm ha- no, I'm not. And I'm not okay, Luhan."

"What do you mean?... If this is about Sohee again, I told you, for the 16th time, that there's nothing between her and I. She's just my friend."

"I know, I know. But it's not about her, I'm talking about us. I mean, just ME and YOU. Sohee isn't part of us, Luhan. You always bring her up whenever we hang out. You never stop talking about her. It's always, Sohee-this, Sohee-that. I mean, I get it, she's your friend but when we hang out, it's supposed to be our time. I love you, Luhan, I really do. But please, I'm so tired of hearing about her. Yes, I admit I'm jealous. I'm your girlfriend, so I have the right to be. If you can't let go of this Sohee thing, I really don't know what I'm going to do anymore...", you sighed at the end of your little speech. 

Luhan was silent. He didn't say anything for a while. You figured it was because he was so mad that you kept getting jealous over Sohee. Well, who could blame you? She was just a mere girl that Luhan befriended at the hospital, and now she's causing trouble between you and Luhan. 

"I heard someone call your name when I last called you like 20 minutes ago. That was Sohee right?", you asked trying to sound calm.

"Mhmm.", was all Luhan answered. 

"Ok.", you just said.

"I'm... I'm sorry.", he apologized after a long silence.

"..."

"I didn't know this was affecting you so much. I'm so selfish. I was so worried about another girl that I didn't think of my own girlfriend. . Why am I so stupid? How could I let it get to this? I don't expect you to forgive me right now. But please... Don't give up on me. I'm going to try and change this for you. I don't want to lose you.."

"Luhan, I forgive you... But it's getting harder and harder to hold on... Maybe we should take a bre-"

"Don't say it, Hana. We can work this out. Please, a break won't help. Please..", he begged.

You sighed, "Luhan, I don't like giving too many chances."

"I promise, I'll be better. It's all my fault. It's all my fault. Why? Why is this happening? . I'm so stupid.", you could hear Luhan sobbing through the phone.

"Luhan... Lu-... LUHAN!", you yelled to catch his attention. "Fine."

"What?", he sniffed

"One chance."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"I'm so sorry, Hana. I love you!", you could hear him smiling.

"But, let me just take a few days to myself, okay?"

"Okay..", you heard him frown. 


Okay, so this was a little late. I just wanted to add a few things. :) 

This is not the yet :)) It's just starting LOL

Short A/N because I have to run to work! 

See you next chapter~