Make up, Break up

Why me?

After hanging up, you decided to take a walk even though it was late. You changed into some sweats and grabbed your ipod. You left your phone on your bed then you walked towards the door.  

As soon as you opened the door. you gasped because you saw Jongin standing in front of your bedroom door. His was mouth was ajar and he was staring at you looking at flustered. 

"I-I..", he stuttered. 

"Do you want to take a walk?", you asked with a raised eyebrow.

Silence. 

You shrugged and decided to leave with or without him. You pushed your earphones into your ears and blasted some music. You slammed the front door closed and started walking. You didn't know where your feet would take you but you didn't care. You just needed fresh air. You were slowly losing your patience with Luhan, but you didn't understand why you still gave him a chance. You were tired. So so so tired of waiting for him. But you knew you still loved him. 

You didn't want this to be a problem in the future, especially with university and all happening in less than 2 months. You just wanted a smooth relationship with Luhan. Of course, there will be fights but not as bad as this one. You were starting to get confused as to whether giving him a chance was a good decision. You didn't want to be selfish, nor too selfless. It would be unfair. You felt like you were saving something that wasn't even worth it anymore. But there was always something holding you back from ending it there. 

You kept ruffling your hair and muttering curses under your breath. Little did you know that Jongin was silently following you, making sure you didn't get into any trouble. He smiled at your frustration. He loved how cute you looked no matter what you did. He regretted what he was doing. He knew that avoiding you wasn't helping and that he was being selfish to save him from heartache. He knew you needed him but he was being stubborn. But the pros outweighed the cons. He would be able to watch over you openly and have cute little moments with you, if he didn't avoid you. It didn't seem like he'd have a chance against Luhan.

But... 

He would still try. He would win you over. He didn't want to give up. You were his first and only love, after all. If he lost, then tough luck. He'd just have to live with it but if he won your heart... Well, he'd be the happiest guy on earth. 

He was going to stop avoiding you. 

He quickly jogged up behind you and tapped your shoulder. You freaked out and quickly pulled your earphones off, nearly screaming.

"H-hi.", Jongin stuttered. 

What was he doing here... 

"Hana... Umm. I don't know... I-... I ju-", Jongin stumbled. 

"What?", you ask monotonously. 

"I want to apologize.. for... ", Jongin couldn't finish.

You hugged him and said, "Oppa, it's okay. I missed you." You didn't care that he avoided you previously, you were just glad he was back.

His eyes widened but he quickly relaxed feeling like he was at home in your hold. His arms came up and rubbed your back comfortingly. 

You nuzzled your face into his neck because you finally felt like someone was there. You didn't feel alone when Jongin was with you. You knew he could be that wall you lean on, that shoulder to cry on, the arms that catch you when you fall. He was loyal and never left you. (well, except for when he avoided you.) 

With that, you didn't notice that you started crying. Jongin felt his neck dampen. That's when he realized you were crying. He felt your shoulders start to shake from sobbing. He was about too pull you away to look at your face but you held him tighter. You didn't want him to see you like that, not when he saw you as a strong Hana who can get through anything. You were hurting so much. He felt bad that you held this in for so long and he wasn't there to support you. 

"Shh. Shh. Hana, it's okay. Oppa's here now.", Jongin said. 

After 5 more minutes of sobbing, you stopped crying and hugged Jongin longer before pulling away. You looked up at him and smiled with your arms still around his neck. He looked at your glistening eyes and unconsciously brought his right hand up to your face. He cupped your cheek and his thumb softly , as he smiled back. "Even the strongest have their moments..." Jongin thought.

You wondered, "Why did you disappear?"

Jongin sighed. "It's nothing, Hana. I wasn't myself, I was stressed, maybe?", he answered. That was half the truth. 

You just nodded to his vague answer. You really didn't care anymore because he was back. 

"Let's go home now. It's getting cold.", you sniffed.


You woke up feeling happier than the previous days but your head wasn't feeling as happy. You got a cold from the previous nights' walk. 

You groaned after trying to sit up because your head was throbbing. 

"HANA!". Jongin burst into your room and belly-flopped onto your bed. "Hana! Hana! Hana! LET'S GO!!"

"OPPA, SHUT UP!", you half-yelled, groaning at the same time. 

"WH- Oh, what's wrong, Hana?!", he gasped and put his forehead on your forehead. Jongin loved being this close to you because the random skinship wasn't odd behaviour between you two. 

"Hmm, you don't seem to have a fever..", Jongin tilted his head at you.

"I think I got a cold from last night. But let's go out, I'm sure I'll feel better.", you said as you forced yourself off the bed. 

"Ok...", he replied as he watched you make your way to the washroom. 

For some reason, he had a weird feeling that something was going to happen that day.


You and Jongin were walking down the streets of downtown looking for some cold medicine because you didn't seem to be getting better. You were constantly sneezing and blowing your nose which gave you a massive headache from the built up pressure. 

"Ah! There's one!", Jongin pointed at a drugstore across the street. You told him you'd wait for him on a bench while he went and grabbed what you needed. 

He ran across the street, nearly getting hit by a car, and into the store. You chuckled at how stupid he could be, but that's what made you love him more. 

He came back and said, "The pharmacist said to take this after a meal so let's go grab lunch first." 

You nodded and followed him to a lounge his friend worked at as a waiter. You sat down at a far corner so that you didn't contaminate anyone at the restaurant. It was secluded that you weren't easily seen but you could see most of the seating at the lounge. 

You ordered a sandwich and some honey lemon tea, and Jongin ordered carabonara and cola. You casually talked and laughed like old times during the whole meal. Honestly, despite the cold, it was one of the best days you've have so far. Jongin helped you forget about the stress you got from Luhan. 

You finished your meal but stayed at the lounge for a little while longer, not wanting to end your conversation with Jongin. 

Your eyes suddenly shifted away from Jongin and to the lounge's entrance. You saw a familiar figure. 

You squinted your eyes to see who it was. Luhan?

Jongin watched you, but got a bad feeling so he didn't want to look where you were looking.

You watched as Luhan sat down at a table and asked for two menus. He kept checking his phone and glancing at the door. It looked like he was waiting for someone. 

You saw his body straighten when you saw another familiar figure walk in. Sohee?

Tears were welling up in your eyes. After what happened the night before, Luhan still had the guts to meet up with that witch girl. You immediately lost your trust in Luhan. 

Jongin saw you tearing up and knew the only person who could make you do that was in your presence. Jongin turned around and saw Luhan sitting with another girl. Jongin was furious at Luhan. He hated how your feelings were played with. 

Jongin was about to stand up and grab Luhan by the collar but you held his fist and stood up instead. You walked towards Luhan keeping your eyes on him. Luhan looked up and widened his eyes. He abruptly stood up and stared at you, shocked. 

"Hana, this is not what you th-", Luhan tried to clear up. 

"Save it.", you walked away but Luhan grabbed your wrist. You twisted your arm out of his grasp and gave him one last look before running out of the lounge. You weren't sure but you thought you saw Sohee smirk. 

Luhan was so frustrated. He didn't know what to do anymore. He just wanted to make sure Sohee was okay and to tell her that they couldn't hang out as much anymore. But you wouldn't hear him out. This made him so frustrated. He wanted to yell, punch something, or anything to vent his anger. His eyes were tearing up because he knew he lost his chance. 

Jongin saw what happened and quickly tried running after, but not before he spat a few words to Luhan. 

"Tch, you didn't even run after her.", Jongin smirked, "Don't you ever talk to Hana again." 

Luhan was suddenly feeling rage because Jongin was butting in. He accidentally said something that he'd regret for a long time. 

" you, Jongin. I wouldn't want to talk to that anymore anyways.", Luhan immediately regretted that. He slapped his hand over his mouth then tried to take it back but Jongin was halfway out the door. 

Jongin made sure that Luhan heard when he said, "I'll make sure she gets the message.", before he sprinted down the street to find you. 

Luhan sat back down heavily, staring into nothing. He knew what he did and he knew that it was over. There was nothing he could do to take it back. He didn't understand why he called you that. You weren't a . He was just so frustrated that you didn't hear him out and then suddenly Jongin triggered his anger. But it was more of anger towards himself. 

Sohee tried to reach over and put her hands on Luhan's but he immediately pulled away. "Don't ever speak to me again.", he sternly said to her before storming out of the lounge. 


A/N: Uhm, hi. It's been a while, hasn't it? Heh. Sorry, this chapter was full of depressing things but I dragged it on for too long and I wanted to finally get to the main storyline. 

It's been quite slow because I thought my chapters were short so I just decided to get it moving in this chapter. Don't worry more drama coming up. In the next chapter, I might fast forward because.. idk. LOL but don't worry I have the future chapters in head. 

Thank you so much for waiting guys. I just had a few problems during the last few months, but it's starting to get better now! I love you guys so much, Thanks for the support! :) 

See you soon~~~~~~~ <3