Good ol' times

Why me?

You and Jongin went to the supermarket after the movies. It was already 4pm and you still needed time to prepare dinner for you and Jongin. It was decided after much arguement that you'd prepare dinner since Jongin prepared breakfast and lunch. 

You were walking around the supermarket with Jongin following behind you with a cart. "Are you sure you can handle cooking dinner tonight?", Jongin asked for the 5th time since entering the supermarket. 

You rolled your eyes and sighed. "Yes.... I can. Oppa, I'm not a kid anymore. Umma taught me how to cook and I learned the rest on my own.", you continued walking. 

You suddenly stopped walking which startled Jongin. You walked towards him and leaned in real close to his ear. "Trust me.", you teasingly whispered in his ear. You knew he was sensitive when you went near his ear so you used it agaisnt him since he kept teasing you about not being able to cook. 

He felt a shiver down his spine which caused his body to shake for a moment. He also felt a sudden spark in his heart which caused its heart rate to increase. You caught him by surprise so he tried to pull it off by saying, "Uh, ahem, didn't you say you needed aged kimchi?" Unfortunately for him, his voice gave it off which was a tone higher than his normal voice, and his voice cracked when he said 'aged'. 

You laughed and walked ahead with Jongin following. "Is it hot in here or what? They need to turn the A/C up.", Jongin thought. 

You grabbed all the ingredients you needed and paid for it with the money your parents left. They expected you to order pizza and chicken so they left a lot of money. There was more than enough left to visit the mini market/convenience store after dinner for some ice cream and snacks. 

You both headed home and started cooking dinner. It already 6pm. You and Jongin spent 1 and a half hours arguing about brands that were better and cheaper. 

You told him that dinner would take less than 1 hour. "Psh, Hana. I bet you can't finish within an hour. You owe me something later if you go over an hour.", Jongin said. 

"You shouldn't underestimate me, oppa. I've made this before. AND NO, I'm not telling you what it is.", you fought against him. 

You both agreed to fulfill the winner's wish.

You ended up making a fusion of Korean and Japanese. You somehow had discovered this dish after attempting to make bibimbap. Unfortunately, you didn't have all the ingredients so you were forced to use whatever you had. And somehow, it ended up delicious.

In the end, Hana made it within 42 minutes and 6 seconds, which Jongin timed. He sighed and said he'd fulfill your wish like he promised. 

He was taken aback by what he saw on the table. A stone bowl with rice underneath various vegetables (carrots, zucchini, aged kimchi, radish), topped with masago (processed fish eggs) and a raw egg yolk. It honestly looked weird but he wasn't going to doubt your taste since you both liked the same things. 

You had to mix it like bibimbap but there was no sauce. The flavour came from the aged kimchi. After mixing it, Jongin took a bite. His eyes lit up and he scooped another spoon up. He thought it was delicious. 

"And you doubted me, oppa.", you said to Jongin as he ate. He gave you a sheepish smile and continued eating. 

"Gosh, she's perfect. Luhan is so lucky to have her. She can cook and do house chores. She's smart. She's so kind and loving. If only I weren't her oppa...", Jongin thought. 

Dinner soon finished and you washed the dishes. 

You both decided on a movie before heading out to buy some snacks and ice cream. 

The movie was fully loaded on the tv screen when you got back so you changed into something more comfortable and went downstairs. 

Jongin was already downstairs in his loose white tank top and Pororo pajama pants holding the Pororo toy he got from the theatre earlier. He looked like a little kid. Oppa looks so cute. Ah! Let me take a picture to blackmail him later.

You sat down on the couch beside him. "Okay, I have my wish now. Can we do it tonight?", you asked, but your face turned red at how weird that sounded. "I-I mean, like... do my wish." 

Jongin laughed at what you said and almost spat the soda out of his mouth. "Ah, heh.Sure, w-what it is?"

"Can we have a sleep over?", you asked. 

"Aren't I already sleeping over?", he questioned. It was true he was staying over at your place, so it was considered sleeping over.

"No, I mean, like good ol' times. Like when we would sleep at each other's houses and play video games or watch movies until we pass out. Let's sleep in your guestroom since it's bigger. How about it, oppa?", you stared at him with unintentional puppy eyes while tugging at the hem of his shirt. 

Even if you didn't use aegyo, he still would have agreed. His heart was lighting fireworks in his heart. He was biting a smile down when he said, "Psh, alright. If that's what you want." He tried so hard to sound uninterested, but instead he sounded like he was constipated. 

You didn't notice so you just cheered at brought all the snack and drinks up to Jongin's room. You turned the tv on in his room and loaded the movie again. While you waited for that, you got your old video game console and plugged into the tv. 

Your night was set and there was nothing that could ruin your fun. 

You and Jongin watched 2 movies and played video games for who knows how long. Both you and Jongin passed out on his bed at sometime in early in the morning. 

You thought that night couldn't be ruined, but one thing you forgot to do was tell Luhan. You left your phone in your room and forgot to take it to Jongin's room. You forgot that Luhan was going to call you that night. 

Luhan was upset and jealous. "How could she forget about our call tonight?", he sadly thought after trying to call for the 20th time. 

It was 4am and Luhan decided to call it a night. So he sent you one last text before he fell asleep. 

Did you forget? T^T It's okay, just call me. 

...

I love you, Hana. - Luhan


HI GUYS! Sorry for the late update, I lost this chapter and I had to write it again but I forgot the things that happened so it took me a while to rewrite it :( please forgive me! 

So I hope you still like this story, even though I threw Kai in and started causing a whole lot of drama. >< Thank you though! 

I'm in a rush so..

I'll see y'all next chapter!