Hurt

Why me?

Honestly, when you got home, the tears that threatened to fall didn't fall. You weren't angry nor sad. You probably felt disappointed that things had to happen this way.

You even thought you were overreacting and misunderstanding Luhan, which you did. But Jongin later told you about Luhan's sudden outburst, you decided that it was time to let go.

You realized it wasn't right to hold on anymore. Luhan just wasn't the same guy you fell in love with. Yes, you knew that people change but you thought he would for the better. That clearly wasn't the case. 

You knew that if Luhan did not have a sudden outburst, you would probably be forgiving him because you still loved him. But he just insulted you and you knew that after everything that happened, you didn't deserve to be treated that way. You were nothing but loyal and trusting towards Luhan, despite your little jealousy towards Sohee. But you were only human with emotions and feelings, Luhan was yours and only yours, not to share with another girl.

You understood that Luhan could have female friends because you had Jongin, but Sohee was another story. She looked at Luhan like he was some kind of prize to be won against you. And Luhan submitted to her every request. But you were done with that, you didn't need to worry anymore. 

You didn't cry, but were you hurt? Yes, definitely. You just let go of your first love. Like they say, the first always cuts the deepest. But you knew it was time to let go, you endured enough heartache and anger. 

That night, you just laid in bed staring into the darkness of your bed. It felt like you lost a piece of yourself. You have never felt lonelier. 1, 2, 3 hours passed and the sandman had not paid you a visit that night just yet. 

You tossed and turned. For some reason, you kept checking your phone, disappointment washing over you every time. Not a message, not a missed call. You half-expected Luhan to contact you somehow. You felt stupid every time you checked. 

Suddenly, you saw a flashing light on your phone indicating a notification. Your lips formed into a slight grin as you grabbed for your phone, you unlocked the screen and checked the notifications. 

"WH- CANDY CRUSH?!", you whisper yelled in exasperation. You chucked your phone into your drawer and huffed in annoyance. 

You gave up on sleep and decided to just close your eyes. This was your chance to think about things. But the more you thought, the more your heart hurt. You shook your head and opened your eyes. 

Sighing, you took a pillow with you as you stood up and made your way downstairs to grab a cup of warm tea in hopes of helping you feel sleepy. The pillow was just a weapon to attack monsters that hid in the dark. 

You ended up drinking a whole cup of warm citrus tea and probably felt more awake than ever. You dragged your body upstairs and decided to pay Jongin a visit. You opened the door a bit and stuck your head through.

He was sprawled out over the bed with his blanket only covering his left leg. You chuckled at his posture because his neck was crooked in an awkward position. You moved his head gently but he started to stir in his sleep. He moved his body into a side-lying position, which looked perfect for you to snuggle into. 

Unconsciously, you found yourself curled up right next to him. You pulled the blanket over both of you and put the pillow in between your bodies as a barrier. For some odd reason, you started drifting off to sleep easily. You just thought it was because of exhaustion. 

Soon, you were floating in dreamland, smiling in your sleep. 


You woke up with a familiar feeling on your body. Literally, on your body. Jongin was lying on your body. 

You smirked and pushed him off harshly to wake him up. You also found that the pillow used as a barrier was tossed to the ground. Jongin just stirred in his sleep, not even caring that you practically punched him to get him off of you. 

You got out of his bed and went downstairs. Taking a glance at the clock, you saw that it was only 7 in the morning. That answered your question of why you didn't hear your mom and dad's bickering. 

You decided to make some breakfast since you knew that sleep wasn't going to come back easily. You whipped up a bowl of batter and heated up the pan. As you were waiting, you heard a commotion happening outside on your front porch. 

You turned off the pan and grabbed a broom in case you needed to attack. You peeked through the tiny window beside your door but saw nothing, so you opened the door and saw Luhan sitting at the bottom of your stairs, rubbing his ankle. 

You dropped the broom and stared at him, wondering what he was doing after what happened the day before. 

"What do you want?", you asked harshly, stomping the broom to the ground. Honestly, you didn't care anymore; you suddenly decided to turn 'cold' and not give any sh*ts. 

Luhan whipped his head around and saw you staring at him. His face turned to one of shock then to one of anguish. 

He scrambled to get up, "Hana, Hana. Please listen to me. It's not what you think. Please!"

"Oh really? Then please tell me what it was. Was is not you and Sohee meeting up after what I told you?", you interrogated.

"It was... But! It's because I-I wanted to tell her to leave me alone.", Luhan tried to explain. As you watched him defend himself, you noticed dark, puffy circles undfer his eyes. Were you feeling pity? Nah. You quickly shook your head to rid of the thought. He was a worthless guy who doesn't deserve anymore chances.

"Why didn't you just call her? Text her? This isn't the stone-ages anymore; we have cellphones and technology to help us tell people to back off. And besides, you invite her to say 'go away', really?", you argued. 

He was about to say something when you cut him off.

"Luhan, save it. It's over. I'm not going to patch things up with you to get hurt again in the end. So leave me alone.", the end of your statement seemed more like a plead. 

"Bu-"

A voice came from behind you. "She said to leave her alone. Do you need it spelt out for you?", Jongin said. 

"Please, stay out of this, Jongin-hyung."

"No, you leave now."

"You're my hyung, and I don't want to lose that respect for you."

You could see the steam fuming out of their noses. They were furious so you had to meddle so that they wouldn't cause trouble. 

"Luhan, just go. Jongin is right, so just leave me alone.", you pulled Jongin back into the house and slammed the door. 

You sat Jongin on the couch then made your way back to making breakfast. From the corner of your eye, you could see Luhan lingering on your porch for a bit then walking away. 

It hurt seeing his back side because it meant that he accepted your words and things were officially over.

 

You were in the middle of making breakfast for everyone when a pair of arms s their way around your waist. You felt a heavy weight on your shoulder, only to find it was Jongin hugging you from behind. 

"Oppa. I'm cooking, go away.", you rolled your eyes. 

"Then hurry up~ I'm hungry.", Jongin whined. He was so happy that Luhan was out of your life because that meant that his chances with you are way bigger. He wanted to show you affection when you least expected it. 

"Okay, okay. I will, so let go.", you smacked his hands off. You were glad Jongin wasn't bringing up the whole situation, or you might have broke down.

You finished up by setting the table with the eggs and bacon with all the good stuff. 

You sat down with Jongin right after you. Your parents were still not up so you decided to eat without them. 

"Oppa, let's hurry. I need to go to my school today. I need to change some dorming set up and classes.", you notified him. 

"Why?"

"Because my room is right across from Luhan's and I don't want his face to be the first thing I see every morning for a whole year. So hurry!", you finished up and ran up stairs to get ready. Jongin gobbled up the rest of his food and ran upstairs with you to get ready. 

In your room, you were looking for an appropriate outfit to meet with the administration of your school. In the midst of holding up a skirt and a pair of black legging, your phone rang. You looked at the caller ID and furrowed your eyebrows. 

"Why would Sehun call?", you asked yourself as you slid your finger across the screen to answer. 

"Hello?"

"CHO HANA, I DESERVE AN EXPLANATION RIGHT NOW.", the person yelled into the phone. 

You moved the phone away from your ear then brought it back to reply. 

"Sehun, what the hell?"

"WH- WHAT THE HELL?! Is that all you can say?!", he yelled some more.

"Ok, it's early in the morning so stop yelling or I'll hang up."

"WH- Okay, uhm why didn't my best friend not tell me about her break up with her boyfriend.. ex-boyfriend?"

Your eyes widened. You completely forgot that Sehun and Luhan were best friends, practically brothers. You facepalmed and replied to Sehun, "Oh, I forgot? Sorry, Sehun. I don't know, things have just been so messed up. Wanna talk later?"

"Yes. Is that even a question? But besides that, why do you sound... not sad?"

"Ok, come over around 5 pm? And I don't know, my emotions are exhausted. I'd rather not cry over something so stupid."

"Sounds good and I better get an explanation later. Gotta go, see ya!" With that, Sehun hung up. 

You smiled, imagining Sehun freak out on the phone. It was nice to know that someone had your back. You did let Yu-ri know over text and she was planning on sleeping over when she got back from her trip. 

You went back to your wardrobe and ended up choosing a cream-coloured summer dress with a light pink cardigan on top. Your bag was a small black cross-over bag. And to make the outfit look casual, you threw on a pair of white vans. 

You threw your phone into your bag and went downstairs. You saw Jongin standing by the door with his shoes on already. 

"Wow, took you long enough." 

"Shut up, this is an important meeting. I need to convince them about switching my living arrangements. Do I look presentable?"

Jongin looked at you up and down. "Hmm...", he jokingly judged you. 

"Oppa!", you punched his shoulder.

"Ow, you look like a girl but you sure don't punch like one.", Jongin winced. 

You just smirked and walked out of the house. You were about to walk all the way down the driveway when Jongin swung a set of keys in his index finger. 

"Are you sure you want to walk because your mom and dad let me borrow the spare car this summer? I mean, it's your decision.", he playfully said with a smirk on his face. 

You blinked at him for a while, because was it just you or did Jongin's smirk just look y as hell? 

"Uh, yeah. Car, let's go.", you walked towards the car still surprised by your own thoughts. 

Jongin chuckled at your actions and got in the car with you. 

You shook the thoughts away and put your seat belt on. "Onward!"


It was about an hour and a half to two hour drive to your school. Quite far, which was why you were dorming. Luckily for you, they offered you a full-ride scholarship. 

You finally arrived to the school and had the appointment with the admin. They were so generous with you because they had no problem switching your room. Not only did they switch the room, but the building as well. It was a little smaller than your previous dorm but the location of the building was across from your old one. You thanked the administration, while they said, "Anything to please our top student." Unfortunately, they couldn't switch a few of your classes because nothing was open. Nonetheless, switching dorms was your priority. 

You told Jongin about the meeting, in which he offered a celebratory lunch for a successful meeting. 


After, you went home smiling, completely forgetting about Luhan and the emotional baggage you carried. You thought, I wish Jongin-oppa could stay, but in a month he'll be gone to Japan again. He helps me forget. 

It was almost 5 so you changed into something more comfortable- leggings and an oversized t-shirt. 

The doorbell rang as soon as you pulled the shirt over your head, indication Sehun's arrival. 

You opened the door and he gave you a huge bear hug. "Hana, Hana, Hana. I'm so sorry, don't hold you tears back. Just cry.", Sehun said into your ear. 

You pushed him away and gave him a confused look. "Sehun, what are you talking about? Why would I cry?" 

"Aren't you sad? Don't hold your tears back!", Sehun was about to hug you again but you held your arms and hands out to stop him. 

"I'm fine, you Drama Queen. Look, I'm genuinely smiling.", you said, chuckling. Sehun was over-protective, over-caring, and so annoying, but you loved him, nonetheless. 

"Okay, if you say so.", Sehun said, as he pushed his way into your house. 

At the same time, Jongin was walking down the stairs ruffling his hair with a towel, as he just took a shower. Jongin looked curiously at Sehun. 

"Ah, oppa! This is Sehun, my friend."

"Ahem, the best friend.", he corrected you. 

"My BEST friend.", you said again. "And Sehun, this is my childhood friend, Jongin-oppa."

"I don't have to call him Jongin-oppa right?", Sehun asked as he took Jongin's hand in for a shake. 

"No, of course not. Just call me hyung.", Jongin said to Sehun.

"Nice to meet you, Jongin-hyung. Hana's told me a lot about you.", he said winking at you. 

You rolled your eyes and lead Sehun to the back porch to talk. You grabbed some snacks and drinks since you knew that it would be a long story.


"WHERE IS HE? AND WHERE IS THAT SOHEE- PERSON?", Sehun stood up with a red face. After what you told him, Luhan was no longer his number 2 best friend (since you were already number 1). He wanted to slap some sense into Luhan because what he did was stupid. 

Of course, you didn't just tell him the bad things. You told him things that Luhan did to make up for it, and things like how you were wrong in some point. But Sehun was still furious at Luhan. 

"Sehun, calm down, It's okay.", you said as you placed a hand on his clenched fist. 

"I CAN'T. He's so stupid!!", Sehun yelled. 

"Shut up! My neighbours are going to complain.", you tried pulling Sehun back down. 

Sehun complied and sat down with a thump. 

"How do you feel though? I mean, how are you so okay?", Sehun's mood changed instantly from fury to worry. 

"I'm hurt, obviously. I loved him, I still love him but that doesn't mean I'll put up with everything. Everyone has their limits. And I warned him. Fate just didn't want us to stay together. What can I do now? Cry until I have no more tears? No, I can't and won't. I wasted too many tears on him before. It's just time to move on now. I'm okay because I've accepted the fact that Luhan made the choice to not protect what he had. So, it's alright now. I'm already half-way to moving on. The only thing left is letting go of my feelings for him. And even so, I'll never forget what he made me feel. He'll always have a special place in my heart.", you said, with a sad smile.

You looked down to your hands; you didn't want Sehun to read how painful it felt to lose someone through your eyes. Unfortunately, Sehun lifted your chin and looked you straight in the eyes. 

"Hana, it's okay to hurt. You're a strong girl but it doesn't mean you can't be broken. Just know that I'm here for you, no matter what. And with me, you should never hide, okay?", he said. You could see how genuine he was. Honestly, Sehun's words were the things you've been needing to hear. You nodded in response.

Sehun pulled you in and kiss the top of your head before he pulled you in for a comforting hug. You closed your eyes and just sat there in his arms.

And for once, you let a single tear fall. 


Hey, I know this update has soooooo many things in in. But the story is just beginning. It took a while for it to get here but YAY!

Don't worry, Luhan will come in soon with more parts but I hope you guys don't mind me fast-forwarding everything in the next few chapters.  

I might start editing the beginning when I have writer's block. So there are less chapters. Don't worry the story will stay the same but I wanted to take a few things out and merge some chapters. :) 

Thanks for sticking with me! And thanks to my subscribers! YOU ARE ALL JJANG! 

And remember, There's always a rainbow after the storm! ^3^

- See you next chapter!! :)