Why her?

Why me?

I think I'll go back to narrator's POV ^^


Narrator's POV

Teacher Kim came into the classroom with a guy following behind her. He walked in with a blank face staring straight ahead. Whispers were already making its rounds in the classroom. The girls in the back couldn't stop squealing about how hot he looked. Ugh. Stupid girls.

He was tall like Luhan, and had short, messily-styled, blonde hair that was shaved on the sides which revealed his black hair. He wore tapered jeans and a gray hoodie. He stood at the front in a relaxed and uncaring manner. 

"Everyone, I know it's the second day of summer school but we have a new student who was unable to attend class yesterday. Let us welcome Oh Sehun.", Teacher Kim announced. The whispering got louder. 

Sehun bowed and scanned the class. His eyes stopped at one person and his expression quickly changed. He was smiling? Not just any smile, it was quite an attractive eye smile. 

Was it you? Hahaha you wish. But, no. 

His eyes were stuck on Luhan who was not paying attention to the new student. Luhan was quietly teasing you about some random thing, while you were staring at Sehun. 

"Shut up, Luhan. Omo, omo. The new student is looking this way.", you tried to direct Luhan's attention away from you, "Luhan! Look up front!" 

"Noooo~ I'll never forget your panda eyes back at my beach house. Did I ever tell you I like pandas? Hehehe.", Luhan teased. Honestly, ever since the beach house, Luhan acted weirder and weirder towards you, and ONLY you. 

"Luhan. Eyes up here.", Teacher Kim called. "Ne.", Luhan followed and turned red. He looked up to the front to see a smiling Sehun staring at him.

"Is it just me or is the new student smiling at me?", Luhan thought. 

Just then a rush of realization came onto Luhan. His eyes grew wider in shock. "No way it can't be him.... it's been 4 years. Oh Sehun?", he contemplated in his mind. 

Sehun at the front still smiling at Luhan. "Sehun, please take a seat behind Hana.", Teacher Kim instructed. You waved your hand out to show him where you sat. He walked towards you but his gaze never left Luhan.

Sehun took the seat behind you and whispered, "Luhan?" Luhan, who was shocked even more to hear his name, quickly turned his head to the new student. "Sehun? Is that you? From middle school?", Luhan asked. 

Sehun nodded to his question. Luhan's face of shock turned into a face of happiness. He couldn't believe it. Sehun was his first friend in Korea, who he met in middle school. Now they were meeting here, in summer school after losing connection from each other for 4 years. What a coincidence. 

They were now both smiling at each other. Luhan stuck his hand out behind him and Sehun slapped it like a high five. Luhan then turned his head back to the board still smiling. 

"Yah. Are you crazy? Why are you smiling?", I decided to tease Luhan now. Luhan looked at you and forced his smile closed.

A few hours passed and the bell rang indicating lunch time. 

"WOOHOO! LUNCH TIME!", Chanyeol cheered, "Guys, guys, guys, guys, guys. Let's goooo! ONWARD!" 

Baekhyun slapped him on the back of his head and pulled him out the class by his collar. Our group of friends followed. 

Luhan invited Sehun to lunch. He completely forgot your existence as he was catching up with his friend. Sehun was smiling brightly as they talked.  How are they so close already?

In the middle of lunch, Luhan finally introduced Sehun, "Guys, this is Sehun. He's my old friend from middle school. I haven't talked to him in 4 years." 

Sehun's facial expression changed to the blank one from earlier. He nodded at you guys and continued to talk to Luhan. 

Luhan wanted to introduce you to his friend, so he interrupted Sehun who was blabbing away. "Sehun, this is my close friend, Hana. She's the first person who talked to me when I got here.", Luhan beamed. Close friend?

Sehun turned to look at you and stared at you for the longest time. He then gave you his famous eye smile. "Annyeong. Nice to meet you." You smiled back at him. His expression changes so easily.

Lunch ended and you headed back to class. Nothing really happened. It was just school, really. Jotting notes down, working on exercises, having a class discussion, taking a break and, then were back to writing notes again. 

The end of the day quickly came. You just headed back home with Yu-ri and then did some work. 

Luhan and Sehun on the other hand decided to go to a cafe to catch up with each other some more. 

"Wow. I can't believe I'd meet you here. Really. It's unbelievable.", Luhan said astounded.

"Yehet!", Sehun cheered. "You're still using weird words. You haven't changed one bit!", Luhan said happily. He was so glad his best friend from long ago is still the same best friend now. 

"Let's exchange numbers so I don't lose you again.", Sehun said. They exchanged numbers quickly and went back to talking about what they missed out on. 

The topic quickly changed when Luhan asked him, "So how do you like summer school?" 

"It seems like it'll be fun.", Sehun said with a naughty smile on his face, "What's that girl's name again? Dana?" 

"Who? Oh, Hana. Why?", Luhan asked. 

"Hana..... She's cute.", Sehun bluntly said as he took a sip of his coffee, "I think she'll be mine by the end of summer." Sehun smiled at his own words.

Luhan's heart fell into his stomach. OH NO. His face stayed straight, but on the inside, he was flipping tables and running around like a maniac. He suddenly felt uneasy from his friend's words. He couldn't admit that he already had a crush on Hana.

"Why her?", Luhan thought with worry.


OH NOESSSSSS. LUHAN NOW HAS A RIVAL. Hehehe. Will Hana fall for Sehun now? 

Sorry that I changed it back to Narrator's POV. It's much easier and way more fun to write in Narrator's.

BTW, Thank you to subscribers!! I really appreciate it! I feel so motivated to write! And a special thank you to those who comment as well!! You know who you are ;3 Thank you to all my readers as well. 

I'll reveal a secret about this story and about me in the next chapter's author's note. ^o^ I wonder what it could be. hehehehe.