Glimpse of Reality

In Everything Lies the Unknown

Hello everyone :D Have you seen SNSD's new comeback ? hehehe Please continue supporting the girls that I love <3 Don't forget to vote, subscribe and comment also to my story. hehehhe thanks for all the support guys !! :D

 

Chapter 8

"Glimpse of Reality"

Saturday Morning, the day Yoona and Yuri decided to go out and do their project. Yoona was following Yuri who seemed to forget that she was not walking alone. She just rolled her eyes, somehow not surprised by Yuri's action. Yuri stop her tracks and when Yoona looked why she'd stopped.

 

"Oh my God!! YOU have car!?" Yoona exclaimed with her eyes threatening to go out of its sockets looking at the grand car before her.

 

"Who do you think you're talking to ? Of course I have and this beautiful baby is mine "Yuri smiled while caressing her car lovingly like it was her lover but then frowned as she realized that a pair of doe eyes watching her.

 

 "What are you looking at?" Yuri said acting annoyed but Yoona smiled at her.

 

 "I really like it when you smile like that"

 

"Whatever. Just get in the car" Yuri said and proceeded to get inside with Yoona following her.

 

As they got near the gate, Yuri showed her ID and the guard just cleared her but with Yoona she had to submit several permits before the guard cleared her. After that they took off, from the country side looking surroundings, the two were now going to the heart of Korea which was SEOUL-the most advanced city in the country. The city of Seoul is like a mini version of the main capital of the whole kingdom which was located in Europe.

 

"Wow, never thought that Seoul is this beautiful" Yoona said as she looked up the tall buildings with wide led screens showing different commercials.

 

 "Yoona!" Yuri called her attention and motioned her to hurry up to enter the building.

 

Seoul Hospital, as Yoona read the signage. She quickly ran up to where Yuri was afraid to get lost.

 

"Ah, Ms. Kwon..It's a pleasure to be visited by you" the doctor said bowing in front of her completely ignoring Yoona which was not a surprise, considering that people outside school gave high regards to those in the upper system.

 

Her uniform and Yuri's uniform were different in terms of the color of the patch and could easily tell what their ranks were in the society. when the patch is red you're an elite, yellow for an aristocrat and white for white rank. If not in uniform, rank lower than the aristocrats were required to wear a bracelet to distinguish them.

 

Yuri and Yoona were led to Rm 301 where a patient name Son JungHan was occupying the room. He was a 75 year old blue rank, who was a private cadet in the military, tasked to fight those who rebelled against the kingdom. He possessed the power of precognition that helped the army in foreseeing the enemy's movements but sadly, the amazing power that made him known throughout the military fade making him useless and thrown away.

 

The two young students greeted the old man as the doctor left.

 

"It's been a long time since I have a visitor" the old man smiled warmly at the two.

 

"Hello, ahjussi, How have you been? By the way… this is Yoona" Yuri said smiling warmly to the old man. Yoona was surprised at Yuri’s sudden change of mood.

 

“Ahh.. Yuri , it’s been a long time hasn’t it !?” the old man said as he motioned for them to sit down.

 

“My my Yuri , You are looking like a fine woman nowadays” he complimented as he gave a look to Yuri which earned him a blushed from the girl.

 

He laughed seeing the girl’s reaction and directed her attention to Yoona. Yoona smiled and bowed timidly looking shy in front of him.

 

“You don’t have to be shy my child, it’s just me so relaxed” the old man reassured.

 

“ah ahjussi,, ..You and Yuri ssi seem to know each other” she asked.

 

“I‘ve been with the Kwon’s family way before Yuri was born that’s why I can say that I know this little girl even before she knew how to wear her own diaper”

 

“Ahjussi!!! Don’t tell her embarrassing things” Yuri exclaimed afraid that the old man would say embarrassing stuffs about her.

 

“hahaha ! alright, alright ! I know you want to be cool in front of this beautiful young woman here” the old man winked at Yoona who just bowed her head embarrassed.

 

“Aishh.. Let’s just finish what we came here for Yoongie” Yuri Said frustratingly without noticing the nickname she had for Yoona.

 

“Huh?! What did you just call me?” Yoona asked unfortunately did not hear clearly what Yuri said.

 

Before Yuri could say anything else, the old man laughed and told the two of them to start the interviewing so that there would be more time to talk afterwards. Yuri silently thanked the old man because of that.

 

The interview lasted for 30 minutes. The three of them decided to have a break and chat for a little while before going back to their dorm. They were settled in a couch in the room with Yoona and the old man facing other while Yuri’s was on Yoona’s right.

 

"So, Yoona where are you from?" The old man asked after finishing the interview session. Yoona looked briefly to Yuri who seemed uninterested in the topic and was just busy switching a channel on the TV then she looked the old man.

 

"I came from the Capitol actually" she simply answered.

 

"Capitol in Europe? Wow, that's where all the high ranking family resides" the old man said pretending to be surprised to know where she lived, carefully observing the girl looking for something.

 

"Yeah, my unnie is originally from there"

 

 "Unnie, you mean your family?" He asked another question interested to know what Yoona would answer.

 

"Ahh, no no... My unnie is the one who I served. I don't have a family anymore. They said that I was abandoned in an old house when I was still a baby" The old man and Yuri shared a brief moment to look at each other. Yoona noticing this was gonna ask about it but the news caught her attention.

 

A new medical facility will be built solely for the treatment and medical assistance for the slaves. The Government decided to put up the said facility to ensure the wellness of the people who’ve been serving the society. The Royal family specifically makes sure that all the details are well planned for this will surely benefit the Kingdom for a very long time.

 

"Medical facility for us.. Wow! That would be nice. Don't you two think" Yoona said smiling at the great news but then frowned by Yuri and the old man's lack of enthusiasm.

 

 "Is there something wrong with it?" Yoona asked as she tilted her head to the right wondering about their reaction. The two looked at each other as if they were talking and immediately understood each other's worries.

 

Yoona seeing that she would not have any response to her question just focus on the TV and know more about the wonderful news.

 

Hearing that the government decided to build a medical facility to care for the slaves, it was a good thing as she thought that the whole society was finally accepting that these ordinary humans were also the same as them.

 

When the visiting hours almost over, the two girls bid goodbye to the old man and promised that they would visit again.

 

"Ah, yuri can I talk to you for a moment?" The old man called as Yoona opened the door to leave.

 

"I'll just wait at the hallway" Yoona said leaving the two alone.

 

 Yuri's POV

 

I locked the door as soon as Yoona got out.

 

"She's oblivious about everything is she?" The old man concernedly asked.

 

"Yeah, she doesn't know anything at all" I said. The old man just let out a bitter smile as he heard my remorseful voice then I felt him squeezed my shoulder.

 

"It is never too late for everything, my child" he said assuring me that everything will go the way accordingly as long as I had faith.

 

 Just how long could I still bear this pain?

 

After a few minutes of our conversation, I went out and saw Yoona leaning on the wall in the hallway, tapping her right foot pointing on the floor.

 

I waited for her to notice me but she was distracted at her foot rather than me standing near her. "That's entertaining" I said crossing my arms at my chest. She immediately stopped and stood up straight.

 

 "He-hey Yuri ssi, already done" she said tensed.

 

I hated that part of her; it was like she had to guard herself from me.

 

"Let's go, I think we are done for today" I said irritatingly as I walk passed her.

 

 "You seem happy" I said observing her as we walked side by side.

 

"Well, I had fun. How about you? This was a fun day right" she said smiling brightly at me.

 

I admit I had fun after all the events that had happened, this was the first time I felt the happiness, talking to that old man really took me back in my earlier days… when everything was pleasant for all of us.

 

"Not to mention that news about the medical facility. I'm sure Sunny and Taeyeon will be glad if they hear about it." She continued which basically set off my mood.

 

 "Hmph, how naïve of you" I muttered but unfortunately she heard it.

 

"Why is that?" She asked but I ignored her not wanting to drag the topic for long.

 

I walked faster but then she grabbed me by my elbow and asked again.

 

 "What is wrong?"

 

"You really like the royal family and the whole government huh?" I said.

 

"So? Shouldn't we? Besides they are the one who set all things right. You will commit treason if ever you oppose to them might as well do what they say" she said like it was a natural thing to do.

 

 "That's stupid!" I couldn't help but be aggravated at her.

 

"Well that's how I see things; you don't have to be so worked up to it. It's just my opinion not yours"

 

 "They are greedy and manipulative. They stole my most important thing in my life. That's why I hate them. If you think that everything they are doing is for the good of all. Then you're hypocrite and stupid. You don't know what kind of monster they are" I said vindictively.

 

Then we were quiet until we heard something...

 

 *Screech*  *Bam*

 

Normal POV

 

Suddenly, there was a noise over the side of the street.

 

Yoona immediately ran to the origin of the sound.

 

"No, Yoona ! Don't ! “Yuri tried to stopped her but it was too late she already ran out.

 

The only thing that Yuri could do was to follow Yoona.

 

As Yoona got out of the alley and got closer to the source, there she saw a woman all bloody lying on a man's lap.

 

 "Somebody called an ambulance!" The man cried.

 

"You're gonna be ok _! Don't worry"

 

Yoona heard the man reassured to his wife.

 

 "Please, help us ! Please!" The man cried loudly hoping that someone could help them but it seemed the people around them didn't hear anything as they continuously walked pass them.

 

Yoona saw this and before she took another step towards the couple, a hand grabbed her by the elbow. "What do you think you're trying to do?" Yuri hissed at her dragging her at the corner so that no one could see them.

 

"What do you think!? I'm going to help them" Yoona said getting away from Yuri's grip but then Yuri caught her again.

 

 "It's not your business, so don't meddle" Yuri said

 

"Not my business? Can't you see the woman is dying !!! We need to help her. No one seemed to care about them" Yoona exclaimed.

 

"Didn't you see their bracelets? Those are black!" Yuri said still holding Yoona while pointing at the two people.

 

"So what? Just because they are slaves doesn't mean we should let them die !!" Yoona said breathing heavily.

 

 "It's not your business Yoona ! Let their master took care of everything" Yuri insisted gripping the girl tightly.

 

Yoona looked at the two people, "Their master already left them on their own now" Yoona reasoned out to Yuri.

 

She looked Yuri in the eyes begging her to do something.

 

"No, Let's go back" Yuri coldly said.

 

"Don't you care about them?" Yoona could only ask obviously stunned by Yuri's indifference to what just happened.

 

 "People like them don't mean a thing to me nor to the society" Yuri said impassively somehow avoiding Yoona's gaze but she take a deep breath and got her gaze back to Yoona's begging eyes.

 

"They are just a bug to the society and to the system that needed to be exterminated” she imperturbably said to Yoona.

 

Hearing this, Yoona felt sick in her stomach, she felt that there was something wrong but before she could comprehend a loud cry was heard from the man.

 

Yoona then knew that the woman was dead and could not be saved anymore.

 

Yoona swung her arm away from Yuri's grip forcefully.

 

"And here I thought that you're just misunderstood" Yoona said as she closed the gap between her and Yuri.

 

"But you're nothing but what you call a monster too if you keep on acting like that" she whispered enough for Yuri to hear.

 

Then Yoona went to the opposite direction where the couple were and proceeded to the car.

 

 Yuri was left standing in the alley, hearing the man's wailed of sorrow over the death of his wife.

 

Yuri looked at them briefly and proceeded to follow Yoona to the car.

 

 "This is for the best" Yuri silently muttered to herself thinking that she did the right thing.

 

 ***

Ever since that day Yoona avoided or much like do not bother looking at Yuri anymore.

 

 As much as possible, she wanted to have a little connection to the girl. She just couldn't understand how the girl could easily feign ignorance to those who were in need.

 

Yuri had the power, status and authority yet she couldn't do much. Was her hatred to those in power that deep that she gave up on giving a care at all?

 

 But the way Yuri took care of her the other night told Yoona a different story, much like the real side of her or was she wrong?

 

After the project was done and submitted, the two went back to being strangers.

 

Yuri had been going out of campus lately and missing out classes.

 

Yoona was just being herself every time she was with her friends but she couldn't understand why she felt something strange to Yuri.

 

Was it care, pity, anger or pure hatred? She didn't know and she was afraid to find out.

 

***

 

Yuri and Jessica’s Dormitory

 

"Are you going out again?" Jessica inquired leaning on the door frame of Yuri's room.

 

Yuri was preparing her things for her supposed night out.

 

"Yeah, I'll probably back tomorrow afternoon" Yuri simply said as she put her bag on the back of her shoulder.

 

 "Yul, don't you think you've been missing out way too many of our classes"

 

 "Since when did you bother about attending these classes?" sarcastically asked.

 

Jessica smiled a bit and said, "Since the day I found the right person to fix you"

 

"Fix me?! I'm not your broken doll Sica, so stop trying to fix me when there's nothing to fix." Yuri said irritatingly.

 

She knew that person who Jessica was referring to and she somehow got annoyed that Jessica could see her through the walls that she had built for the past 3 years now.

 

 Yuri ignored Jessica.

 

 "I just need another drink" Yuri thought as she stepped in to her car thinking that by going to the bar would help her ease the pain somehow.

 

Jessica could only watch the car going away through her windows.

 

 She needed to do something before it was too late for Yuri and she knew what or rather who would actually stop Yuri for doing things.

 

Yuri was doing something stupid again just like what happened before that led to the two of them transferring in Korea. Yuri got into a fight and almost burnt down the whole bar. The commotion at the bar was at the news for couple of months and the source of gossip .Most of the other elite ranking family were voicing out their opinions of how barbaric the youngest child of the Kwon family  in which it was damaging to their standing and image to the public.

 

Shameful. One word that could describe Kwon's family, so Yuri's father decided to transfer Yuri to a place away from their prying eyes.

 

Jessica being Yuri's best friend for years of course had to follow so she begged her father to let her come with Yuri. The two ended up being in PSA Korea.

 

And surprisingly, Jessica didn't regret going in Korea especially now that she knew that she found the right people to trust her whole life with. She knew that this was the place to get back the old Yuri she knew.

 

To be continued.

To make up for not updating sooner than I expected, I posted a long chapter . I hope you'll like it. I decided not to split it anymore hehehe. Next Chapter "The Confrontation". :D