THE INTERACTION YOU WOULDN'T MISS

In Everything Lies the Unknown

CHAPTER 30

THE INTERACTION YOU WOULDN'T MISS


Yuri’s POV

I entered the grand dining hall where golden tasseled curtains hang from every silver bars of the giant windows and tallow candles are placed strategically at the center of every tables.

 

I was in the VIP section of the party where those who holds a rank in the government can enter and mingle with the guests. People mill around, some talking loudly, slurring their words the way some intoxicated people do.

 

 I wish this party would end soon. My friends have engaged themselves in a conversation among our peers while me and Sica were stuck dealing with the government people, faking a smile as they tried to mingle us and trying to impress us with their works and accomplishments.

 

They think that by talking to us meant that they have one entrance ticket to the elite world, well they thought wrong. I could not care less about my rank or about the status of my family. In this kind of world, I only care about one thing and that is the Freedom to choose to our life the way we want to not how it will be dictated by one absolute power - fear.


"Yul, over here" I then heard Yoona called out to me from the distance.  Glad that I had a reason to get away with these kind of people. I smiled as I turned to her direction of the voice.

 

When I looked up to her, I was surprised to see the princess beside her as she walked her way to me.

 

I looked at the surroundings and observed that most of the students even the administrators were maintaining their distance not only away from the princess but from Yoona too.



"I never thought that Yoona and the princess are that close" one student whispered behind me.



"Come to think of it, Yoona is the only white rank who I thought different from other white ranks here. That explains why the administrators do not mind and easily gave her permission to go outside the academy unlike her other fellow ranks who needs to ask " another student said.



"She belongs to the princess" another student whispered.

 

One statement that Yuri did not want to here.  Yoona never belongs to someone, she is not a property to be claimed.

 

Now that the princess relationship to Yoona was known, she could not help not to be anxious.

 

She perfectly knew that even if the princess did not say it directly, everybody was now aware of what kind of relationship the princess has to Yoona.

 

 The princess possessively held Yoona's arm wherever she go.

 

When the princess talked to the government representatives who were invited, Yoona was beside her, not letting the doe eyed girl slipped from her grasp.



I felt someone tapped my shoulder lightly getting me back to reality. I then saw her doe eyed eyes looking at me questioningly. Yoona was now near me and I was hoping that she did not hear the other students talking about her.



"Are you ok ? You're not feeling well are you?" she asked me noticing my dazed state as she caressed the back of her hand to my face and I leaned into her touch. Then , a small cough interrupted our little moment.

 

 I shook my head gently telling her that I'm alright and there's nothing to worry about. She then put a bright smile to me as if she was glad to hear that.



"I want to introduce you to someone important to me , Yul" she said with excitement and hope in her eyes. She did not know that I was feeling the opposite.

 

I knew this day would come, I knew that someday the three of us will face each other.

 

I guess, I did not expected it to be this soon. I always said that I am ready and prepared that I will not lose but then as I made eye contact with the princess, all my resolutions crumbled.

 

Savannah looked at me with disdain and in return, I looked at her with disgust.



"Yul, thus is my Savannah unnie a great unnie of mine and also the person I serve as a white rank" Yoona oblivious to our stares said as she clung her arms with the princess showing their close relationship.



"Your highness, it's finally good to meet you this close" I said as I bowed clenching my fist tightly trying to be compose in front of everybody.


"Since when are you this formal to me, Yul. You don't have to be so tense, don't worry I won't bite. Well, at least for now" Savannah smirked at me looking at me as if she was provoking me.

 

Yoona seemed to notice the familiarity talked the princess had shown me.

"Wait, you two know each other already? Yoona asked still oblivious with our predicament.


" Yup. Let's just say a certain someone led us to the way we are today" the princess said.


Yoona nodded and did not ask further questions anymore. She perfectly knew that by the vagueness of the princess’ answer, she did not want to elaborate our conflicted relationship anymore.


"By the way unnie, she is the one I am talking about. Since, you two know each other already ,I will just get to the point. Unnie, meet my girlfriend, Kwon Yuri" Yoona said.


I secretly took a deep breath, clenching and unclenching my fist as sweat was forming in my forehead. I have no idea what to do or what to expect next.



"I don't keep a secret from my unnie"  I then heard Yoona sheepishly said as she watched my reaction.



I saw the princess smugly grinned at me noticing my anxiety- she perfectly knew my fear. I then inwardly smirked, if she wants to play then, I will.



"Well, that's a good thing. I don't have to hold myself when it comes to MY girlfriend anymore. Right, Yoong?" I said as I gently pulled Yoona close to me and winked playfully at hear.



"Yah Yul" Yoona blushingly said.



"Hehehe, you're cute when you're blushing" I said to her as I peck a kiss showing to the princess that Yoona is already mine.


I can see from Yoona's reaction that she was surprised by my bold gesture but nevertheless, smiled at me.

 


Then the three of us stood silently, waiting for a conversation to strike up again.

 


"Yoona, is it alright if you get us something to drink?" The princess then suddenly asked Yoona something that I expected Savannah to do. I knew that by having Yoona around the two of us, she will hold on to whatever grudge she had or currently has on me.

 


"Alright unnie, you and Yul just talk to each other" Yoona said as she walked to where the drinks were.

 

When Yoona was away enough , I could feel the atmosphere change.

 

She looked at me deadly in the eyes and I looked back with the same hatred. Good thing that we were in the corner and a bit isolated.


"You still haven't learned your lesson, Kwon" Savannah hissed.


"Do you think that she will love you by doing this to her? She will always treat you like a sister and she will always love me more than you so stop this madness while still you can. She can still forgive you" I said hoping that the she get the idea or what was really happening.


"I wouldn't say that I were you. You don't know how much she has changed and I like to keep it that way" she said to me. Change ?  Yeah , I notice it the moment I saw Yoona. A part of her – her confidence, her leadership and her strong stance somewhat falter but nevertheless, I could still see the other parts I love about her and I know she is still the same person.

 


By then, Yoona was slowly approaching us with drinks in her hands. When I faced the princess, I step back a bit because of how close her face was to mine but she grabbed my arm preventing me to distant myself.



"I will do whatever it takes to have her and If I can't have her... Then, I'll just end up locking her up and slowly let her die alone" Savannah whispered to me sickeningly.



I slapped her arm away from me and before I could retort, Yoona was now beside us handing our drinks. Savannah smirked knowing that she'd won.



A sweet disgusting smile was plastered in her face as she and Yoona exchanged some small talks.

 

I then decided to leave them alone before my emotions overtake me as much as I wanted Yoona to be close to me right now, I remember that this is not the fight I can win.



"Yoona , I have to go and catch up with our friends"  I said.

 


"Oh, alright. I'll see you tomorrow in the cafeteria. Let's have breakfast together" Yoona said and I just nodded.

 

 I saw the princess twitch a little to Yoona’s invitation  but I paid no attention to it. I just want to get away from her, I then leave the two alone.



Normal POV


Yuri was almost out of the VIP section going to where her friends were when Jessica appeared beside her and put her arm around Yuri’s shoulder as they walked.

 


"What a lucky girl, you talked to the princess and you seemed to know each other well. Almost everyone here wishes that they were you" Jessica said amused at how everyone was smitten with the princess and how they were filled with regret for not being friendly with Yoona.



"Lucky? I think we are the opposite of that" Yuri said as she stopped her track and looked back watching Yoona and the princess from afar.



"Sica ya, that princess is very dangerous" she said with seriousness. Jessica looked at Yuri and then turned her attention to what Yuri was looking.

 

Jessica could clearly see the anxiousness of Yuri and she then recalled how hostile her friend was especially when it comes to the princess or the royal family.


"There's something you're not telling me , Yul. Shoudld we be cautious around that woman?" Jessica said – an enemy of her friend is also her enemy.



Yuri did not say anything but by her silence, Jessica knew that they should.



"Do you want to go to the other section ? I think we will have a lot of fun there than here" Jessica invited.  

 

Yuri smirked, “We are actually heading that way”

 

Jessica observed in the last minute the whole VIP area they were in. Most of the people were high authorities in Korea and administrators in the academy. Since they were from the elite rank, they have the privilege to go to this section.

 

 Their presence was needed to represent their family and now that they were done, Jessica could not wait to get out of the suffocating area they were in.

Meanwhile...



At the other section of the dining hall.



Hyoyeon and Sooyoung were at the food's table.



"I can't believe that the princess and Yoona know each other" Hyoyeon could not hide her astonishment.


"Yeah , me too. Well , I knew that the family Yoona was serving belongs to high rank… but I never expected to that of the royal family" Sooyoung said .



"Do you think that ahmm., .. You know, the princess and Yoona have THAT kind of relationship" Hyoyeon asked somewhat curious.



Sooyoung looked at her a bit like she was crazy but then, she was thinking about how close Yoona acts to the princess.

 

Sooyoung perfectly remembered what had transpired at the beginning of this impromptu dinner party. Yoona met up with them and stayed with the as she could not easily spot where Yuri and Jessica were. Then, the principal appeared giving his opening speech and his announcement about some very important visitor in the academy.

 

 As soon as Savannah was finished being introduced by the principal, the princess immediately went to their area (much to Sooyoung’s surprise) and faced Yoona.

 

People immediately stepped back and so are Yoona's friends except Yoona as if she was expecting the Princess to approach her.

 

Unlike with the other administrators and people in the Korean Government, who bowed so low upon meeting the princess, showing their high regards to her… Yoona just casually leaned in close to the Princess and whispered something funny to her. She was practically talking and joking with the princess like the princess was just like some other girls she can befriend with.


When the princess looked at the people around Yoona's , Yoona introduced her friends to her.
The princess barely paid attention to them but it was enough for Sooyoung to be wary – she felt intimidated and an unknown fear appeared, making her knees weak that she was about to fall. Taeyeon excused herself (knowing that she should not be around such high peoples) followed by Tiffany who is more interested in keeping an eye to Taeyeon than anything related to royalty which was very unusual for someone like her , so that makes Sooyoung , Hyoyeon and Seohyun to be remained in the intimidating situation they were.

"I don't think so, I heard Yoona was going to Yuri to the princess as her girlfriend if ever she felt something towards our Yoong for sure, she will be against Yuri" Sooyoung concluded without any profound evidence. She had doubts as of the moment especially by seeing how the princess’ attention was all for Yoona only and how Yoona did not mind the closeness she had with the princess. But Sooyoung trust Yoona and Yuri that their relationship is strong and nothing could ever keep them apart.

"You have a point, where are Tiffany and Taeyeon by the way?" Hyoyeon asked starting to look for her friends.

----

The princess was chatting with his uncle with the other government authorities in Korea.

 Yoona has began to feel bored and she wanted to join her friends on the other side of the dining hall. She saw Yuri and Jessica leave the VIP Area.

Yoona tugged the princess, “I’ll just join my friends downstairs, unnie" she said offering a small apologetic smile to the administrators who briefly looked at her but paid no attention to her.

"What's wrong ? Do you feel sick? Want me to accompany you?" The princess asked concerned.

"Nope, I .. "

"I am kind of feeling tired also. Why don't we just go to my room and have a slumber party like we've planned to ?" She invited.

Yoona wanted to spend more time with her friends but by looking at her unnie's excited eyes she decided to agree with her. After all, the princess will only stay in Korea for a short time.

The princess both excused themselves. Holding Yoona's hand, the princess went to his uncle to inform him that they will be heading back to the room.

His uncle briefly looked at Yoona and the doe eyed girl could sense the antagonizing feeling the uncle has for her but she let it pass for now because she perfectly knew going on his bad side is something she should avoid.

The two of them then headed outside where a car waiting for them. The princess was the first to get in,

Yoona briefly looked back but went in afterwards as the princess called out to her.

"Now tell me, how does this slumber party works" the princess grinned and Yoona laughed at how excited her unnie was.


"Hahaha , you suggested it but you don't know what to do in this kind of things" Yoona said as a matter of fact.


The princess shrugged playfully, "How am I supposed to know? I am a princess for godsake"


Yoona rolled her eyes jokingly, "Cocky are we !? Well, I didn't know either. My friends tell me that in a slumber party , we drink until we passed out and play "strip poker"" Yoona said as she was remembering what Hyoyeon told her.


Then she realize all of a sudden what strip poker means, then she blushes as the princess and her made an eye contact and the princess burst out laughing.

"Oh my !! , I never knew my Yoona could ever suggest something provocative. Even I know what kind of game is that. So, shall we play it later?" The princess said as she wiggled her eyebrows.

Yoona blushed more, cursing Hyoyeon inwardly. "Yah , unnie!" She said begging her unnies to stop the teasing.

"Hahahhaha , alright. Let's just have a few drinks and let me taste your cooking. You don't know how much I miss you cooking my favorite dish"

Yoona pouted because of the embarrassment and the princess continuously teases her by looking at her playfully and telling the driver to give them a deck of cards.

Yoona’s reaction when she heard her unnie’s request was so priceless to the princess. Yoona could not help but sank further down in her seat because of embarrassment.

 

To be continued.

Let me know what do you think about the Savannah. :)) Next chapter will be more on the relationship of Tiffany and Taeyeon with a little mix of YOONYUL progress in their relationship.