The Pace Starts Now

In Everything Lies the Unknown

Hello guys ! :D so chapter 6 is up :D and from here on the story starts :D I will try to develop more and more plot and think of the ways for all the girls to be closer! The upcoming chapters will have more interactions esp with Yoona and Yuri :D let's see how the story will unfold. As usual , thank you for taking interest to my first ever story and if you have some pointers for me do not hesitate to comment :D ! Don't forget to subscribe and vote ! ehehehe

Chapter 6

The Pace Starts Now

Yoona’s POV

 

"Hey tae, hey seo.. Good morning" I greeted as I put my tray on the table and started eating.

While I was eating, Seohyun slightly kicked me underneath the table. I looked at her and wondered why. She then gestured me to look beside her which was where Taeyeon was sitting.

Taeyeon was looking at the window and mindlessly tapping her food with a fork.

"Tae, are you gonna eat that?" I asked her innocently when Seohyun kicked me again but this time it hurt.

 "Ouch! What the heck Seo?" I exclaimed but Seohyun looked at me telling me to shut it.

I mouthed to her that I was just kidding.

 " Ne unnie, are you ok?" Seohyun then asked Taeyeon who didn't hear us calling her twice.

Seohyun tapped her shoulders instead.

"Ah,, what ?" Taeyeon said getting back from her own world.

"Unnie, I asked you if you were ok?" Seohyun repeated her question.

"Yeah, I'm fine Seo... Why wouldn't I be?" Taeyeon said.

"You don't seem ok, are you sick?" I then ask her.

"No no, really I'm fine guys ...it’s just that I've been staying all night these past few days because of the research I had with Sunny" Taeyeon said.

"Ohh... You should get rest sometime. It's bad for your health if you keep overworking yourself" I said to her.

"Hmph, says the one who kept disappearing few weeks ago" Seohyun sheepishly said.

Yoona grinned and tried to divert the attention to Taeyeon again.

 "Let's just hurry up.. We don't want the others to wait for us for long. I'm sure Tiffany couldn't wait to see you" I said teasingly but I felt Seohyun kicked me again.

 "Ouch ! Seoo!!" I whined but then I saw Taeyeon stood up and grabbed her tray.

"Sorry Yoong but I have something else to do so I won't be going to our classes for awhile" she said.

I frowned at what she said but knowing that Sunny needed Taeyeon as her assistant, it must be a very important research. Taeyeon left and only the two of us lefet.

“So, Seo Can I have that Tart?” I asked pointing at the tart on her plae. She looked at me for a moment and rolled her eyes at me.

“You are seriously unbelievable” Seohyun said.

‘What did I do?” I thought innocently then she and I stood up to go to the courtyard. When we were on our way she told me along the way that Tiffany and taeyeon had been avoiding each other more or more like Taeyeon was avoiding Tiffany. Tiffany tried to approach the girl but taeyeon was always in a hurry to put a distance between them. When we reached the courtyard, everyone was there but Tiffany was looking for something or rather than a certain someone but unfortunately it was just the two of us.

“Where’s Tae?” Sooyoung asked as she shared her bag of chips to me.

“Sunny’s” I answered taking a large amount of chips into my mouth.

“oww, They seemed BUSY doing STUFFS together” Hyoyeon saod who seemingly hinting on something.

“Hmph, I don’t give a damn care who or what she’s being busy with” Tiffany said walking away.

Both Sooyoung and I slapped Hyoyeon’s head because of making things worst between the two.

 

“Aw!! Whaat?! I was just joking” Hyoyeon shouted at us as we left her behind.

 

****

*Human Biology Class*

 

“Alright everyone, listen up ! This project that you will be having is 50% part of your grade. So, if you failed this class you better prepare to repeat your sophomore year for the second time around” Mr. Kang said sternly. The whole class began to talk to each other and seemed to be against the idea of taking part on this upcoming project.

“The project will be a case study where you will have to work with a partner that I will personally choose. To those whose partner is not present today, it is the partner’s responsibility to inform them about this project” he said as he shot a warning glance to the students who complain about his decision.

"All you have to do is to identify the patient's sickness and justify your theory. This project is not for the sake of passing this term class. You and your partner will have to go to Seoul Hospital and meet up with the assigned patient. This is about you discovering what power is all about. I will announce now your partners!!" the professor then finished talking. Before he announced the partners, he briefly looked at Yuri and nodded at her, in which she returned by nodding.

 

Yoona’s POV

The partners for the project were announced and they were as follows;

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon

 Seohyun and hyoyeon

 Jessica and Sooyoung

 Yoona and yuri

 Eunjung and nicole

Minho and taemin

Gyuri and some guy

Wooyoung and Sora etc...

 

I was shocked when me and Yuri became partners. I wanted to protest but I couldn't especially if even Yuri couldn't because he was very strict and didn't care about the status of his students. When the two of us were called in front, all of our classmates were looking at us and the tension was built.

"I partnered you two because of the certain issues you have so used this as an opportunity to... Maybe patch things up" Mr. Kang then said while handing us both the copy of our case problem.

I was afraid to look at her again because of her killing glare so I hurriedly went back to my seat.

"Wow , talk about fate" Hyoyeon whispered at me.

"Not funny Hyo" I said sulking.

"Relax Yoong, she won't harm you..." Sooyouung said confidently

"Hayys... I just don't get it why does she hate me so much" I muttered looking at Yuri who by then was reading the document.

 "How about you unnie? ... You're partnered with Jessica unnie" Seohyun inquired Sooyoung.

 "Nah... I can handle it "Sooyoung smugly said.

 I wondered what she meant by that but hey I got my own problem to worry about. I just hope everything would go well. I then approached her to talk about the project.

"Hmm so, when are we going to start our project" I said ignoring the stares of my classmates. Yuri was still reading the document in her hand and here I was looking like an idiot standing in front of her seat. Good thing that Jessica who was sitting beside her, elbowed her.

"Yul, Yoona is talking to you.. Don't be a snob" Jessica said warning Yuri.

Yuri sighed and looked annoyed. It was pissing me off to see her like this actually but I got to be patient with her, I didn't want to cause any commotion with her anymore.

"Let's meet in front of the school after class" she said.

"Ok!!" I said faking my smile at her which she then smirked at me. I then hurriedly went to my seat and waited for my classes to end.

 

 ***

Jessica’s POV

 

 Finally, classes ended and since it was Friday, I would have an intimate moment with my beloved bed for two days.

“No you're not ! You and I were gonna be intimate" someone said as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder. I looked at the culprit ready to kill the person who dared to touch me when I found out that it was none other than Sooyoung.

 I then readied myself to grabbed her collar and punch her but she immediately teleported behind me where Seohyun was at, that explained how she read my thoughts it was Seohyun. Because of Seohyun's ability, she was the only person who knew that Sooyoung and I were childhood friends and sooyoung was my, my... Arghhh I didn't even want to say it; even my best friend Yul didn't know.

"You better stop using that mind reading thing or else" I warned Seohyun giving her my cold glare. I saw her shiver and I became satisfied.

"Yah ! stop harassing seo, sica-baby"

 "SHHH!" I signaled to her to be quiet and looked around if anyone was near us to hear our conversation but thankfully none.

"Can't you stop calling me that!" I whispered to her.

 Sooyoung just innocently looked at me. The three of us then walked together outside the school building and I spotted Yoona who seemed to be waiting for Yul.

"Yoona!" I called at her waving, then she looked back to me or rather to the three of us.

"Hey, I didn't know the three of you are close" she said as she eyed us.

"No no no, we were just going to do our project" I said defensively.

"Oh ok" she replied.

"So ahmm... Yoong, are you waiting for Yul?" Sooyoung then asked her.

"Yeah , I've been waiting for half an hour now" she said her brows furrowed.

"Do you want me to call her" I then asked.

Sooyoung and Seohyun looked at me strangely, shocked by what I said to Yoona.

"What!?" I asked annoyed by their wide eyes staring at me while Yoona was just standing innocently in front of us.

 "I never thought that the JESSICA aka the Ice Princess would over such help" Sooyoung teasingly said.

 I then faked a smile at her and said, "I never thought this day would come that I'm gonna have a giant Popsicle in front of me" she then looked at me strangely for a minute, then when she felt the coldness going to her feet she panicked.

"Hey, hey hey! That's not fair" she said jumping around trying to avoid the ice on the floor that seemed to be moving in her direction. I looked at the two maknaes with a cold glare then they looked at each other and formed a peace sign to me while grinning like a fool.

 "So, want me to call her or not?" I asked Yoona again but this time uninterested.

Yoona scratched her head and told me that she would contact Yul herself so she asked Yul's number instead. I willingly gave it to her since Yul owed her a lot. I then bid goodbye to her while Seohyun dragged Sooyoung who was tired from all the running.

Seohyun then went to her dorm while me and Sooyoung went to my room.

"Ne sica baby..."Sooyoung said to me and I looked at her irritatingly for that stupid nickname.

"Thanks" she said while smiling gratefully to me.

 "For what ? I shouldn't have stopped myself for turning you into Popsicle you know"

"Hehehe, not that... for saving Yoona yesterday by the pool" she said looking at me then at the sky by my room's veranda.

"I thought ..."

 "We didn't know? Hahaha Sica that girl has too much pride to ask us for help. She thinks that by us not getting involved will help solve the problem … without causing harm to everyone. Yoona is different, Jessica... I'm sure you noticed that too" she said to me seriously.

 "She maybe a choding but once you get closer to her , you'll find out that there is something so distant about her" she continued and I wondered.

 

***

Normal POV

 

Yoona had been sitting by the bench in front of the school for almost an hour. After Jessica and the others left, she decided to wait for more before texting Yuri. She was admiring the view of the sky and seemed lost to whatever she was thinking when someone approached her and said,

"You really like to daydream a lot huh?" Yuri said.

 Yoona looked at the girl and there's something in her eyes that Yuri recognized but when the latter blinked, it disappeared. Yuri could only sigh and her eyes turned into cold ones once again.

"I've been waiting for almost an hour" Yoona said as she stood up facing Yuri.

 "So? No one asked you to wait" Yuri said raising her left eyebrow at her. Yoona could only sigh at this.

 "You could at least apologize for being late" she thought.

 "Let's just do the project" she just said to Yuri. Yuri then walked past by her going to the dormitory building.

"Wait! Where do you think you're going" Yoona said as she grabbed Yuri's arm.

Yuri immediately retracted her arm from Yoona's grip.

 "Sorry" Yoona awkwardly muttered.

"Let's talk about our project in my room, for sure mine is more spacious than yours" Yuri said as she continued to walk again.

"Right" Yoona said following her. The two walked silently going to the special dormitory where only Jessica and Yuri occupied as they were the only two elite ranking member in the school. Yoona tried to start a conversation but Yuri kept on ignoring her so she gave up trying. The two then arrived at the building. It was a two storey building only but large enough for 20 people to fit in. Jessica and Yuri shared a room together and decided to make the whole building as their own.

As the two got insider Yuri's room, Yoona was shocked to know that the room was like a mini house itself, it consisted of a bathroom, kitchen, and a bedroom. She was just standing by the door when Yuri called her.

 "Are you just standing there like an idiot or you're going to come in?" Yuri asked irritatingly. "Sorry, I'm coming in..Geesh, no need to be uptight" Yoona said whispering at the end.

Yuri and Yoona both went inside. Yoona seated at the couch as Yuri get something to drink from the kitchen. Yoona observed the surroundings of the room and she noticed how warm and comfortable she felt in the place in which she hasn’t felt for a long time. She thought how ironic it was for Yuri who was as cold as ice could have a room so warm and comfortable that she wouldn't leave if given the choice. Yuri then appeared handing her a drink. She took it and muttered thanks.

 "Mmmm...I really love the taste of hot chocolate. It's my favorite" Yoona said smiling while closing her eyes, savoring the taste of her drink. She looked at Yuri to say something but then she saw her eyes glinted just like the day they looked at each other for the first time. There was something in her looked but then again it disappeared quickly.

"Let's get back to what we came here, shall we? I don't like wasting my precious time" Yuri said impatiently as she sat down in front of Yoona. She nodded getting used to Yuri's sharp words.

"Let's schedule our trip to the Hospital this coming weekend, but first since you're a white rank... You need to get a permission to go outside to the Principal" Yuri said uninterestingly. "Permission ? Why? Can't I just go outside?" Yoona wondered.

 "No, since you have a "master" you can't go out without a permission from her" She said venomously.

"Oh , is that so ? " Yoona replied absentmindedly.

 "Just do it and study the documents the prof gave us. I don't want to drag an idiotic being when I'm outside school" Yuri said warningly at her.

Yoona gave her an unbelievable look then they continued talking about the project. One thing that Yoona didn't bother and that was she and Yuri being alone in a closed room, even if Yuri was scary and a bit y sometimes she felt comfortable and she felt at home for the first time...

 

To be continued. (comment, vote and subscribe)