Encounter with the Psychic User

In Everything Lies the Unknown

Chapter 3 is up! XD As you can see this chapter is 3A that means it has a second part. I made it into two because of the length. The part 2 is already done so let me know if you want to read it now or I'll just update it next week. By the way, Chapter 4 is on the process of writing :D ehehehe the ideas are coming in fast. I appreaciate the reviews and comments. Thanks!

CHAPTER 3A

Yoona’s POV

It was Saturday and here I was, doing my homework in literature. It’s been a month since I attended this academy; everything seemed normal, well if you call it normal when a person suddenly turned invincible or when someone just jumped into the building without any injuries.

Since I am a transfer student, the principal told me to attend my normal classes for a month so that I could get used to the environment and make friends with some of the students. Most of the students were always absent during the normal classes and since the dormitories are separated by ranks. I hardly see anyone in the hallways or practically everywhere. Thankfully, Seohyun and I are in the same ranks we eat breakfast and dinner in the dining hall together. We have classes until 6pm and we usually eat at the common dining hall where all ranks can eat together, so I got to chance to eat with the others also.

On Monday, I will be attending the other side of the academy and it is the main purpose why the academy was established, the Special classes. It is where most of the students bother to attend to, unlike in the normal classes, in this kind of class students are very serious in improving their capabilities because the graduation will be based not on your intellectual grades but how powerful your ability is.

Monday came and Yoona was sitting in an unfamiliar classroom. The classroom was located at the underground facility of the Academy. The place was intended for training of the students.

“Hey, you’re the new student right? So what kind of user are you?”  one of the student inquired as she approached Yoona who was just quietly sitting at the back with her friends.

“ahmm.. actually, I don’t classify myself as a user. I still don’t have understand what kind of power I have”  Yoona nervously said as she scratched her head.

The students who heard her answer seemed disappointed and thought that there was nothing special about the new student. But then a certain tanned girl who emits an aura of authority approached them followed by her blonde friend.

“Then, why don’t we find out?” Yuri said smirking as she got close to the gang. Sensing that Kwon Yuri was up to something bad, Sooyoung immediately grabbed Yoona to her back putting herself in between Yoona and Yuri while the rest of her friends were on alert knowing how Yuri could be dangerous and scheming all the time.

“Oww…What a knight in shining armor we have here” Yuri cooed.

“Leave her alone, Kwon!” Sooyoung hissed.

What did I do? I’m just trying to help our friend here you know, right Yoona?” Yuri asked trying to play innocent and obviously enjoying the attention she was having in the classroom. The students stepped away from the scene but enough to see what was going to happen.

Yoona sensing how tensed her friends were towards this girl, she decided to play it cool and approached the girl not letting Soo stopped her.

“It’s ok Soo” Yoona said as she put her hand on Soo’s shoulders to calm her down and moved to her front.

“Hello, I’m Im Yoona, what’s yours?” Yoona managed to put up a smile to the girl and stretched her hand for a handshake.

Yuri intensely glare at her and for some unknown reason Yoona can see that there was more to that glare but her thoughts were interrupted.

“Yuri, My name is KWON Yuri” the girl said emphasizing her surname as she ignored Yoona’s attempt to handshake. Yoona then awkwardly withdrew her hand, she knew that surname and by how the girl took pride of her name. It just proved that the girl in front of her was the daughter of the Kwon, one of the subordinates of the family Yoona was serving.

The one with tanned skin and brunette hair is the daughter of the Admiral of the royal family who is a part of the one who control the government’s military forces preventing any oppression to happen against the ruler. She is very dedicated and focused on improving her ability. She spent most of her time in finding ways to get stronger. Her power involves the ability to control fire and manifests it to produce electricity. (Note: Elite rank is mostly based on elemental powers)

And the blonde girl, who is following her, is her closest friend who is the eldest daughter of the Jung Family, Jessica. She and Yuri are always together and always have each other’s back. She is cold and doesn’t trust anyone that easily but once you get to know her she can be sweet and loving to her friends. Her father is the Vice Admiral and a good friend of Yuri’s father. She has the power of ice just like her outer personality.

The two women were the only students who are part of the elite class. Most of them were in the US or Europe.

“Nice to meet you, Ms. Kwon” Yoona bowed.

“Don’t lower your head to the like of hers” Sooyoung said pulling Yoona at her side.

“But she is a –“ Yoona tried to reason out but was cut off.

“Ranks are useless here inside the PSA well except for the slave-master relationship so never bother bowing to the likes of her” Sooyoung said as she eyed Yuri who was just smirking at her.

“So, about finding your ability… let’s try something different” Yuri said still insisting what she wanted.

“Cut it out Kwon! This is not the place for any of your games or barbaric acts for that matter” Hyoyeon said.

“Barbaric? Don’t you think that fits you more? After all the barbaric ones originated from your family who do nothing but to kiss the of the higher ups” Yuri provoked.

Jessica, her blonde friend, was surprised by her sudden act and thus tried to intervene.

“Yul, that’s over the line” Jessica said as she tried to pull Yuri away from them.

“But Sica, it’s true right? Didn’t you see last time at that party how her father practically be-“

Hyoyeon cut her off by jumping at her aiming to land a punch at Yuri’s face. Hyoyeon is a very care free person but when someone insulted her loved ones especially her family she sometimes lost control.

Yuri easily dodged Hyoyeon’s fist and it landed on the wall forming a large crack. Hyoyeon used her ability to make her punch heavier so the punch was strong as a wrecking ball.

“ohhh, someone has her period today” Yuri mocked her more.

Hyoyeon glared at her breathing heavily and her face red from anger.

“How dare you insult my family like that!?“ Hyoyeon shouted at her.

She then put her palm forward and released n invisible force heading towards where Yuri was standing.  But again Yuri just easily dodged it and jumped to the other side making the force go towards the students who were now trying to leave the classroom.

Hyoyeon threw another force energy at Yuri but it went towards to Seohyun as Yuri dodged it again. Seeing Seohyun was about to be hit, Sooyoung ran to her side and push her making them fall down together to avoid being hit. The force landed on the windows making the glasses shattered.  Sooyoung then looked at Hyoyeon shocked and worried written all over her face.

“STOP IT HYO, BEFORE YOU HIT SOMEONE” Sooyoung shouted but it was futile because Hyoyeon seemed to not have the sense of hearing as she focused only on wanting to hit the smirking Yuri.

“Hyo is out of control we need to stop her or else” Tiffany said as she went beside where Seohyun and Sooyoung were.

Sooyoung stood up with the help of Tiffany and looked at Jessica who was just watching at the side obviously confused.

“Well? Aren’t you gonna stop your friend?” Sooyoung said to her.

Jessica was confused. Why is Yuri behaving like this? she thought. Yuri was never the type to provoke or even insult someone but ever since the incident three years ago, the Yuri in front of her was changing.

Yuri was dodging and jumping around but when her eyes met with the new student’s everything slowed down then a force hit her making her fly to the wall.

She got distracted for a minute and she found herself bleeding as she put her hand on her head feeling something wet and sticky. She stood up and her eyes changed into cold ones.

Jessica, seeing Yuri becoming serious, stepped in front to stop her from hurting Hyoyeon.

“Don’t even think about it Yul, you’ll just get in trouble” Jessica said but the girl was not planning on stopping on what was on her mind. She wanted revenged and she planned to have it. She pushed Jessica and moved closer to Hyoyeon.

“You are not so tough after all Miss Almighty” mocked Hyoyeon.

“I’ll show you what is tough b*tch” Yuri said gritting her teeth as she put her fighting gloves, which serves as her controller/limiter, on her hand and then sparks of lightning showed. Then she charged at her opponent.

“Unnies, we have to stop them! Hyo-unnie is in danger” Seohyun said as she read what Yuri was planning, using her mind reading ability. Hyoyeon Sooyoung, Tiffany and Jessica tried to intervene but couldn’t find an opening to stop the two.

Yuri and Hyoyeon were at each other’s throat. One tried to kick the other and in return the other would counterattack.  The classroom was now a mess but the two didn’t care and continued to fight each other.

Yoona, who was standing at the opposite where her friends were, could not move from her position obviously shocked at what was happening before her. She saw that the two were covered in bruises and their uniforms were stained of their own blood.  Yuri then looked at her, their eyes met. Yuri smirked at her as she caught Hyoyeon’s fist gripping it tightly and before anyone else could react to what was about to happen. Hyoyeon was paralyzed and fell down. Yuri electrocuted her.

“Hyo ! Unnie” Seohyun, Tiffany, Sooyoung and Yoona cried as they ran to their friend’s body.

“She’s not breathing !!!” Seohyun was crying as she tried to hear also her pulse.

“Hey Hyo, buddy, Wake up ! hey” Sooyoung said slapping lightly hyoyeon’s face and shaking her body.

“I-I’ll call the ambulance” Tiffany stuttered as she stood up panicking then dashed to the door.

“Is she gonna be alright?” Yoona said finding now the courage to move and talk.

“Ohh please ! Would you stop over reacting, it’s not like I killed her. It’s not my fault she is this weak” Yuri said looking bored.

“YOU HEARTLESS—“ Sooyoung said but was cut off by Jessica.

“ENOUGH! This is not the time for another fight, can’t you see how badly injured your friend” Jessica interjected. Sooyoung wanted to rebuke but she knew the girl was right. As much as Jessica wanted to help right now, she thought that the best help was to drag Yuri out. So, she grabbed her and forcefully left the classroom.

“Seo, Yoong listen” Sooyoung said. The two girls looked at her and waited for her instructions.

“I’m gonna teleport Hyo to the hospital”

“Seo, contact Fany about it and ask her to contact Tae immediately” Seohyun nodded and took out her phone to call Tiffany.

“Yoong, I know you are shocked right now but I need you to go and report this matter to the professors” Sooyoung instructed Yoona.

“Alright, but is she gonna be alright ?”  Yoona repeated her question. Yoona seemed calm now. Sooyoung noticed and said,

“Don’t worry she’s stronger than you think” Sooyoung then teleported Hyoyeon together with Seohyun who insisted to come.

Yoona was left alone in the classroom. She recalled what just happened.

Hyo was injured and I did nothing” She thought clenching her fist. That feeling again, the helplessness she felt when her friend Hyo was suffering and she couldn’t do anything or rather she chose not to…

 

To be continued. Don't forget to post a comment. :D