Hint of the Past

In Everything Lies the Unknown

Hello guys ! yehey ! I almost have a 100th subscriber :D thanks for all the support especially for all the upvotes, subscribers and comments :D

Chapter 13

Hint of the Past

 

For two weeks, Yoona and her friends have been sleeping in Yuri's and Jessica's dorm. Aside from studying, it gave them an opportunity to get closer and be comfortable with each other.

 

Yoona's POV

 

We were in the living room taking a break from one of our study sessions every night. I was sitting on the floor leaning on the sofa and just staring at the ceiling. Everyone was talking or just eating some snacks with only Seohyun who did not stop from reading her notes. Seriously, she needed to be taught how to relax sometimes.

 

"I am so bored!!!" Taeyeon whined.

 

"Do you want to go back to studying?" Yuri offered her.

 

"NO!!!" Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon shouted in despair.

 

"Then what do you suggest to do?" I asked stifling a laugh for the three of them were having a hard time following all the lessons even if all of us were teaching them.

 

"Ah ! I know! Let's plan our vacation after exams" Tiffany suggested excitedly.

 

"Why don't we spend our vacation together?" Hyoyeon said.

 

"Yeah, it'll be fun! So, where do we plan to go?" Taeyeon said interested for the vacation trip.

 

"Why don't we all go to Yuri's or my place?" Jessica said.

 

"You mean in Europe?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Yeah, it'll be fun! Especially, the princess' birthday is coming up there will be a grand ball" Jessica excitedly said and somehow it made me look at the calendar hanging in the living room.

 

"Such a special day for the whole kingdom especially for her" I thought.

 

I then returned my attention to my friends. I saw Yuri looking at me with a look that I could not decipher, I smiled at her but she just turned away.

 

"So, let's go after the exams and stay at Yuri's house, is that alright, Yul?" Jessica said.

 

"Yeah, it'll be fun hanging out with you all" Yuri said smiling a bit. I don't know why but somehow Yuri looked sad or disappointed.

 

"Does everyone agree?" Tiffany then asked our opinion in which everybody said yes unfortunately, I could not.

 

"I'm sorry but I can't go with you guys" I said apologetically.

 

"Whaat? Why? It'll be fun" Sooyoung whined.

 

"I promised my master that I will be with her this coming vacation" I said looking sorry.

 

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot you're a white rank but how come we don't see your master?" Tiffany curiously asked.

 

"She doesn't like...interacting with people” I said finding ways to come up with reason.

 

"And she doesn't go to the academy also" I then added.

 

"Wait; don't tell she is scary and aloof? Is she treating you bad?" Jessica said frantically somehow worried at my state.

 

I smiled gratefully at her genuine concern; Jessica became a very close friend of mine ever since we became close. She was like a big sister to me.

 

Everyone looked at me waiting for my answer; it seemed that they were all worried about the condition I was in. Seohyun and Taeyeon can come to the vacation because their masters were Hyoyeon and Tiffany unlike me; they even had no idea who was the person I was serving.

 

"Wait you said "SHE" right ? Phew! Good thing that your master was a girl. Right? It was a good thing Yoona?" Taeyeon asked me with a hint of panic causing everyone to get more worried.

 

"Relax guys! Yeah, that person is a she and she's a very nice unnie to me" I said could not contain my wide smile just thinking about her.

 

"Could it be that you like your master?" Seohyun innocently asked seeing my smile. I cursed myself from revealing too much.

 

"Never let anyone know" I still could hear Mr. Kim's warning to me.

 

I looked at Seohyun and at the whole gang who were looking like me I was about to confess a crime.

 

"Should I not like her? After all, she has been too kind for me for the past few years what's there not to like about her" I said rather to myself than to my friends.

 

"That's stupid!" Yuri suddenly said looking at me like I did something bad. I was hurt not by her choice of words but the way she looked at me.

 

"Stupid? Tell me what's stupid about it?" I asked trying to challenge her.

 

She scoffed, "You obviously don't know anything are you? You're acting like a dog wagging its tail to the owner"

 

"Yul!" Jessica tried to stopped her even Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Taeyeon but it was too late the words have been said and I felt my heart clenched at the words she spoke to me.

 

"Well maybe you're right, maybe I'm like that. But you know, I don't care what you think! You don't know anything about me and I don't know anything about you, the only person I know well is my master so, be the judgmental as you are but no matter what you said I'll always be standing next to my master more than anyone else" I said trying to be calm but obviously I couldn't help but be angry and let some tears fall on my face.

 

*Flashback*

Normal PoV

A girl woke up from what seemed to be the longest sleep she had in her entire life. She was lying on her bed observing her surroundings. There were no windows just a door and White tiled walls and floor everywhere. The smell of antiseptic was hitting her nose strongly.

 

A small tube was attached to her elbow. As she tried to remove it, she noticed that her right arm is covered in bandaged. She then began to panic.

 

"Just what happened" she thought.

 

She felt pain on her head, as she touched her head, there was also a bandage. She then tried to get up and immediately felt dizzy causing her instinct to grab the table beside her bed for support as she kneeled down the floor.

 

Breathing heavily, she started to stand up again but couldn't get up because of the massive headache she was feeling causing her to curl up on the floor as she wished that there would be someone to help her, and then the door opened revealing a girl with blonde medium length with two men beside her who were wearing white coats.

 

The girl was tall and slender just as the same height as Yoona. She walked in confident strides, showing off her long, perfect legs and curves. She attracted everyone’s attention because of her aura. Her honey blonde hair would cascade down her shoulders and her side bangs would fall onto her blue eyes making her to brush them aside frequently.

 

"Ow, you're awake Yoona" the girl said delightedly/excitedly she immediately hugged the girl tightly.

 

The girl was confused as to who and why the blonde girl was hugging her. But she did not dare to ask as she could still feel the pain in her head. The pain felt like her head was breaking into two.

 

"Ahh, he-help me, it hurts" Yoona pleadingly said as she clutched to the girl's embrace in which the girl just smiled softly at her and hugged her tightly

 

"You're safe with me Yoona, from now on I am your unnie alright?" the girl said.

 

"Yoona? I-is that my name.. What's going on why my head hurts? “Yoona began to panic again because of being unaware of her situation. She did not know why but her instinct told her to get away from this place as she tried to break free from the hug the girl nodded her head to the two men signaling them.

 

The two men then assisted the girl and took Yoona and laid her in her bed once again.

 

Yoona struggled because of not knowing the situation but the girl, her unnie, reassured her that everything would fall into places now and nothing could ruin their moment.

 

By then, one of the men inserted a fluid like substance in her system using a syringe making her fall into darkness. As she closed her eyes, she felt something soft touch her lips but before she question it her consciousness had faded.

 

End of Flashback

 

Yoona’s Pov

 

Suddenly the lights began to blink and I knew who the cause of this. I looked at her and I saw her crying.

 

It was the first time I saw Yuri looking like that.

 

 I looked into her eyes then I saw that look again just like in the forest. I did not know why but I felt like dying every time I see her like that but with the harsh words she said to me, I made a decision that I will not apologize even if I may be the cause of her state right now. I just have to reason out to her.

 

"That is how the system works Yul, I don't have the freedom to even say that I don't like the situation I am in. I was born to be a slave and I will forever be serving he--"

 

"YOU ARE NOT HERS! YOU DON'T BELONG TO ANYONE. YOU ARE FOR YOURSELF. YOU ARE NOT BORN LIKE THAT" Yuri angrily shouted at me like I said something so offensive at her.

 

The lights then exploded above us and all the circuits had short circuited. I began to panic; I did not know what's gotten to her.

 

Yuri then stepped forward to me looking like she was about to kill me. Sooyoung , Hyoyeon and Taeyeon grabbed Yuri trying to calm her down and Jessica, Tiffany and Seohyun were shielding me from Yuri not much like I needed protection.

 

I scoffed getting frustrated at Yuri's unpredictable attitude. Sometimes she was sweet, friendly then it turned into being hostile and aggressive. I had enough of this act. I had a problem on my own and I did not want to add this to my worries.

 

"You know what? I don't really get you, Yul. and I had enough of this. I think I should just study by myself rather than stay here “I said picking up my things.

 

My friends didn't stop me because they knew that it was the best thing to do, to let Yuri off some steam and by letting off meaning by letting the topic off.

 

Yuri did not say anything. She was clearly upset about everything in which did not make any sense to me. What was there to be angry about? I just said what the reality was.

 

I sighed somehow I could not let this topic go hanging; I gathered my things and looked at Yuri. Yuri somehow softens as I looked at her pleadingly.

 

"I know you treat us all the same and treat us as your equals Yul, but this is reality and this is how the system works. I am sure you know that more than I do. I will never have the same freedom that you the elites, aristocrats. or even Taeyeon and Seohyun have. And it's not like I really want to have it. I am just thankful that she is nice to me and treats me like a sister" I said trying my best to reason out to Yuri and somehow she became calm.

 

 The surroundings had settled and the atmosphere was not as tense at it was before. Yuri sighed and somehow thought about the outburst she had awhile ago.

 

She said, "You may not want it now but I know someday you will see the things that I see. Trust me I know you will"

 

I was really curious at what she said as well as my other friends but I did not want to question it further for it may cause another misunderstanding so I just smiled a bit and excuse myself from all of them.

 

I walked out the door with Jessica suddenly ran up to me.

 

"Yoong!" She called me and I turned around and saw her standing in front of me when all of a sudden I felt her arms around me.

 

"Si-sica?" I stutteredly called her name. She just hugged me tightly. After awhile, she released me and bowed down to me.

 

"I am really sorry about Yuri, she sometimes became like that. Please don't hate her" she said.

 

"Unnie, I don't hate her, don't worry. I admit I was shocked but maybe she has a reason why she acted like that so I am sorry too if I cause your best friend to act like that" I said.

 

Jessica shook her head, “no, don't blame yourself alright !? Let's just do our best for the exams tomorrow. I'm sure after the exams, we have plenty of time to talk things out" she said reassuring me that everything will turn out to be alright.

 

"Unnie, you are really nice" I said to her smiling somehow felt at ease just being with her. I hugged her; I felt her tense a bit. I did not know why but I feel light just by being with her. Everything seemed to go well when I was with her.

 

"I wish Yuri could be like Jessica too" I thought.

 

I bid goodbye and headed to my room.

 

Yoona’s Room

 

I put down all my things on the floor and did not bother if all my things were just scattered on the floor. I laid myself on my bed and put my right arm on my eyes shielding the little light I see. The sun was already setting and its rays were hitting my room.

 

I did not really like the color of the sun rays when it sets. I felt like it's the last color of the brightful day that is about to end and darkness will take over as always.

 

As I closed my eyes, I drifted into sleep.

 

I saw myself and her in a grand room.

 

I seemed to be running giggling as I try to get away from her who is trying to chase me in the room. And when she was about to reach me, she grabbed my waist and lifted me up spinning me around.

 

I laughed at how cheesy her moves were as she tried to imitate that scene in the movie we had just watched then she and I laid in the bed with her on top of me.

 

Both of her arms were at either side of my head. She then caresses my hair and my face as she smiled lovingly at me.

 

She looked at me and I looked at her. I felt her hand move from my face to my chest feeling the fast beating of my heart.

 

She always loved it when knowing how fast my heart is beating for her and I am also the same to her. She leaned in close and her deep but familiar scent overwhelmed me.

 

She opened and say something but I could not hear or understand as we get lost to our kisses.

 

***

An alarm loudly ringing interrupted what seemed to be the most beautiful dream I have ever have.

 

As I got up my head began to hurt again and I can hear a loud beeping in my ear just like everytime I wake up.

 

 I could not take it anymore; I grabbed a bottle of my medicine in my drawer and took some pills. I leaned on the headboard of my bed as the pain slowly subsides.

 

Then I tried to remember my dream again but it became so blurry all of the sudden and the face of the person I am with was covered with a shadow.

 

"What dream is that again?" I questioned myself again for several times now as it kept happening to me, for several nights and I tend to forget all about it.

 

I sighed hating this feeling. This feeling of happiness but suddenly taking it away from me in an instant, I did not want to feel this lost again.

 

Just how many sleepless nights, I will have, for me to be able to feel that subtle happiness.  I want to have it again, even if it means that it will be taken away from me again.

 

To be continued.

Thank you so much for the continuos comments especially to soshi1990 , Trackstar and samdoor. The answer to your questions are being slowly revealed since chapter 1 :D hehehe I hope you will get an idea. thanks and please continue in letting me know your ideas.