Confrontation

In Everything Lies the Unknown

Chapter 9 of my story :D hopefully, it is worth the wait :D Thank you for the new subscribers and don't forget to comment, upvote and subscribe. it means a lot to me :D

 

Chapter 9

Confrontation

Jessica's POV

Another night of being alone in the dormitory, Yuri didn't go home again. I was beginning to be concerned at her behavior. How long is she going to display this "the tragic heroine" act? Haisstt, I just didn't know what to do anymore. How could I help her when she didn't want to let me inside of her walls? I looked up at the ceiling to prevent any tears from falling. I felt so hopeless right now; I am beginning to think that Yuri and I were nothing more but an acquaintances. "Sica, are you ok?" I heard a voice from my right and look who was talking to me.

 

 "Ah, Yoona ... yeah, I'm alright. What are you doing here in the dance room" I asked.

 

"I should ask you the same thing, I thought you hate moving" she teased me obviously trying to make me feel better. I smiled a bit at her.

 

"Anyways, I'm here because I need to practice for our surprise birthday show to Taeyeon Unnie" she said.

 

 I then remembered that it was Taeyeon's birthday tomorrow and Sooyoung was inviting me to help them prepare a surprise birthday party.

 

 "Do you want to join us?"

 

"I think I'll pass with the dancing part" I said and noticing that Yoona was a bit disappointed.

 

"I'll just help with the decorations and stuff I guess, BUT please no asking me to cook" I said emphasizing the BUT condition.

 

She finally smiled and nodded happily. "Yehey ! I'll tell everyone that you're joining. We still haven't decided where to put up the party yet so--"

 

 "Why not have it at my room?" I offered.

 

"Your room? Really?" Yoona asked.

 

"Yeah my room, I think it's big enough for all of us but if you want to then that's alright" "No , I think that's a good place! Well, I better call Sooyoung and the rest about it" she said excitedly while exiting the room to call the others.

 

"Maybe, A distraction from all the negatives might help me to think clearly" I thought.

 

"They agreed!!" Yoona said walking to me.

 

 "Make sure you will all clean everything up after" I said to her.

 

"Yeah, Yeah...So, you want to accompany me for practice? Others are still busy preparing stuffs for the party" she said.

 

And here we are still inside the dance room, Yoona was dancing gracefully to the beat while I was here zoning out most of the times. We did not talk that much; we just have a little chat in between her break but nothing serious to talk about. After she finished her practice, we decided to go to my room and plan for the set up of the party.

 

 "Your room looks nice" Yoona complimented as soon as we arrived to my room.

 

"Make yourself comfortable, I'll just get the drinks from the kitchen"

 

As soon as I got out of the kitchen with two drinks in my hand, I saw Yoona looking at my pictures on the wall specifically, to the pictures with Yuri on it.

 

 "We were just 14 when that picture was taken" I explained to her.

 

 " You two really are close" she said.

 

"Of course, we are best friends" I said as I stood beside her looking at the pictures with her. I saw her took one of the framed pictures and admired it for awhile.

 

"Yuri smiled so beautifully here so carefree" she said tracing Yuri's face with her index finger.

 

"That picture was taken when we were 18 years old. Too bad that's the last moment I could see her smile like that" I said sadly.

 

Yoona looked at me wondering why. I then asked her something that had been bothering me for these past few days.

 

"Do you by any chance hate my best friend?" She seemed taken aback by my question but I just urged her to answer it truthfully.

 

"Ever since I saw Yuri, I felt something pulling me towards her. The way her eyes laid on me for the first time I felt like she was looking at me yet there's a part that it's not me who was she looking that's why I thought to myself that I want to know her more and I want to see her more but everything that I felt for her that time disappeared" she said thinking deeply.

 

"Why it disappeared?" I asked looking at her observing every subtle action she made. "Because of what happened to Hyoyeon, to us and that time when we- when we went out for our project. I thought she was just misunderstood but no, after what happend I know I made the right decision" she said suddenly looking determined.

 

"I don't want to get involved with her anymore. It will only bring trouble for me" Yoona said seriously as she looked at me.

 

I somehow felt the urge to protect my best friend to say that she was wrong about Yuri but I couldn't speak at all especially at how Yoona was seriously looking at me. I then just told her the Yuri I used to know.

 

"You know Yuri is not the person you think she is. I understand if you won't believe me bec yes this is me her best friend trying to defend her. But please just hear me out" I said pleadingly to Yoona to hear me out. When I receive the nod, I then took the framed picture at her hand and looked at it.

 

"Would you believe that I was not Yuri's best friend at first?" And then I proceeded to tell Yoona about how Yuri and I became close.

 

 

 

I met Yuri when I was 15 at some grand birthday party of an elite family member. My sister Krystal, who was younger than me for only a few years, couldn't go because of her power was still uncontrollable that time so I don't have any companions nor friends who were at the same age as me. I was standing by my parents who were chatting with the Kwon family when I felt someone tugged the back of my dress. I turned around and saw a young tanned girl who dressed up like a knight with her wearing a pants and a vest with a sword on the side, she motioned me to come follow her and with nothing to do I decided to go with her.

 

We were at the balcony and whenshe faced me, she was smiling at me as she handed her hand for a handshake.

 

 "Hi, I'm Yuri, what's yours?"

 

 "Jessica" I said timidly at her as I shook her hand.

 

 "It's nice to meet you Jeshika" she said still smiling at me showing me her perfect white teeth. "You can call me sica, why are you not wearing a dress?" I said noticing how she had trouble calling me Jessica.

 

"This?" She then showed her outfit to me turning her back and facing me again. I just nodded at her.

 

"I want to be a knight for my princess" she said as she took out her sword and stood straight.

 

 I couldn't help but to think how stupid she looked like.

 

"You look stupid!" I said boringly in which she pouted.

 

 "Yah! Why you're so mean sica-yah?" She whined. I just sighed at her for being silly so to stop her whining I decided to play along.

 

"So, where is your princess?" I asked. She grinned at me for that but immediately pouted. "Sadly, my Cinderella needed to go home early"

 

 "Well, that's sad..." I said not really sad at all.

 

"Don't worry, I'll let you meet her hehehe" she said.

 

 "Wait, princess? Don't tell me the actual princess from the royal family?" I suddenly asked thinking that she was referring to the Princess since this party was also attended by the other high ranking officials.

 

She then shook her head violently. "Aniyo, there's only one princess for me and that is my best friend!" She proclaimed.

 

"Oh, you have a best friend?" I somehow felt sad that she had so many friends when I don't even have one. Seeing how sad I am, she suddenly hugged me.

 

"Wh-what are you doing? yah! Get off me!" I said blushing. She then released me from her hug but remained our closeness.

 

 "Don't worry! From now on, you'll be my second best friend and we are always going to play together" she said as she grabbed my hand and dragged me everywhere.

 

Ever since that night, she and I spent most of the time together playing around, goofing around with our nannies and other children. I remembered when she urged me to turn the whole mansion into ice and we were ice skating at the whole place not minding all the staffs getting slipped. Her father then appeared in front of us prepared to scold us, when she grabbed my hand and we skated running from her father who tried to chase us but gave up in the end.

 

We hid inside the closet and Yuri brought out a camera in her pocket saying that it would be ashamed if we did not have any memory from having fun like this, so she grabbed me closer to her and she pressed the button.

 

 

 "This photo is my last memory of ever seeing Yuri smiling to me so happily" I said ending my story about my childhood days with Yuri.

 

"Why? What happened to Yuri after that?" Yoona curiously asked me.

 

"I don't really know...3 months after that we met but things suddenly changed. She changed" I then felt a hand on my right cheek. I looked at Yoona who was looking at me with serene as she wiped my tears which I didn't know was there.

 

 "Don't worry, I'm sure Yuri would definitely tell you someday." She said reassuring me. I shook my head disagreeing she then frowned. I took her hands with me and got closer to her not minding how I invaded her personal space.

 

"Yoona, you've got to help me talk to her" I pleaded at her.

 

"M-me? I can't Jessica, You and I both know that we don't get along. In fact she hates me" "She doesn't hate you Yoona, actually she --" I was about to say something when I heard the door opened. I then looked up and saw Yuri standing near the door with wide eyes but she immediately hid it so that Yoona couldn't see it.

 

"Yuri! Ahmm... You're back!" I said lamely to her. She smirked at me or rather at us. I then looked at Yoona who was closed to me and her right hand was on my cheek while I held her hand. We immediately separated. "I see now why you are so eager to attend our classes now Sica" she said rather maliciously at me.

 

 "I-it's not what you think. Yoona and I were just--"

 

"Oh, don't worry! I don't give a DAMN care. You don't have to explain things to me. I'm just surprised that go with someone like her" she said as she looked both of us cynically. "Stop it Yuri ssi! Can't you see who you are talking to?!" Yoona suddenly said making me looked at her.

 

"Stay out of this Yoona" Yuri said threateningly. I could see how Yuri was on the verge of exploding out so I decided to stop Yoona from saying anything but she told me that I should let her handle this.

 

 "No! You always have your way in everything and I won't let it happened anymore. For God sake, she's your best friend. Don't you think you are being unfair to her" Yoona said. "This is none of your business, so you better leave now or else Yoona I swear I won't be held reliable if something happened to you" Yuri said this time stepping closer to us. I tried to hide Yoona from my back but that only angered Yuri more.

 

 "If you have something bothering you or if you have a problem, you don't have to bear it alone. You know you can always tal---"

 

 "DON'T PITY ME!!" Yuri shouted as a wave of electricity flew towards us. I was in front of Yoona so I closed my eyes bracing myself for the impact of Yuri's ability but when I opened my eyes, I found myself sitting on the floor, Yoona pushed me to the side. Concerned, I look at Yoona if she was ok, my eyes widen when I saw Yoona only having a scratch at her face, blood dripping.

 

 "Impossible" I thought. She should be toasted by now with that electricity and amount of current, I knew that it was enough to burn whoever or whatever it made contact with. I looked at behind her and saw that the half of my living room was toasted except her. Just what kind of power she had...to be able to stop Yuri like that. I looked at Yuri immediately and her eyes flashed a glint of regret, she then looked at me tears threatening to fall from her eyes but then she turned away and ran out of the room.

 

"WAIT YUL!" I called at her. I tried to run to her but as soon as I got up I felt pain on my right ankle. It looked like I got a sprain when Yoona pushed me. "Sica, are you alright?" Yoona worriedly come to me. I then grabbed her.

 

 "Please to talk to Yul, I don't want her to think that I also abandon her" I said pleadingly. She then nodded. "Ok, but just sit here for awhile ...I'll call Sooyoung to help you" she said then ran off.

 

Yoona POV

 

As soon as I got out of the room, I called Sooyoung telling her what happened and asked her to help Sica. I then immediately went to find Yuri outside the building. I ran by the woods near their dormitory thinking that I might found her there and I was right. Yuri was there and I called out to her.

 

"Yuri ssi!" I yelled out. She looked at me for a second fear in her eyes but suddenly turned into cold eyes. She ignored me and walked in the forest. I followed her afraid that I might lose sight of her in this thick forest. I called her name again but she just walked away again.

 

Getting tired of this act, I ran up to her and grabbed her forcefully turning her to face me.

 

"JUST WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?" I snapped because of her attitude. She looked shocked at first but then she glared at me and swayed her hand away from my grip forcefully. "You! You are my problem!" She shouted at me while pointing her index finger at me.

 

 "Why? What did I do to make you hate me like this?" I said tiredness was obvious in my voice from all of these things. I did not hear a word from her. She is just apathetically looking at me.

 

I was rarely mad but this was certainly one of those times. Tears threatening to fall at the back of my eyes because of the frustrations and anger I built up for these past few days.

 

"You know what! I don't care about you anymore. You hate me then guess what I'm starting to hate you too !" I said to her. She looked at me in shock and hurt was obvious in her face for a split second making me think if I was too harsh on her, before she put her apathetic face back on.

 

"Like that would mean anything to me, I really don't know why Sica bothered talking to you so much. You are just a nobody here... I guess Sica likes having a trash to recycle" she hissed at me.

 

 "I never thought that Sica can be this low in--"

 

The Normal Pov

 

*Slap*

 

Yuri's face turned vigorously from the slap from Yoona making her statements to be interrupted. Yoona just couldn't bear seeing Yuri talking ill about Sica, her best friend. Yuri touched her reddening cheek, with the imprints of Yoona's palm. Yoona blinked hard and took a stepped backward, looking at her palm surprised at her own action. She looked at Yuri who was now looking at her with the eyes of fury.

 

"I didn't mean to--" Yoona tried to say something but was cut off by Yuri heaving herself at her, slamming Yoona's back at the tree behind them. Yoona's head thumped hard at the trunk, causing her to get dizzy for a second.

 

Yuri was clutching her shoulders hard digging her nails to her skin. Yoona winced and tried to break free but Yuri just held her tight. She closed her eyes bracing herself at what Yuri might do to her and when nothing happened. She opened her eyes slowly to see Yuri looking at her deeply and their bodies were closed at each other with no space between them.

 

 Looking at Yuri, she was still furious, Yoona could clearly see it in her eyes but there was something else there, some sort of uncertainty and pain. And then without any kind of warning, Yuri crashed her lips into Yoona.

 

 Yoona's eyes widen obviously shocked at the sudden intimate action and even further at how intense and hungry Yuri's kiss was. She tried to break the kiss but it only made Yuri restraint her. Yuri clutched Yoona closer, roaming her hands at Yoona, with her right hand going under Yoona's skirt almost rubbing her inner thigh. Yoona gasped at this and Yuri used the opportunity to shove her tongue into Yoona's mouth not even asking for the girl's entrance. Yoona kept on trying her best to be released by Yuri's grip, questions flooded on her mind as to why this is happening to her. Yuri put her left hand at Yoona's neck to push her closer to her with her right hand grabbing Yoona's waist.

 

Yuri's kisses and all her touches were full of desperation, afraid that she might lost something, afraid to feel the coldness of her heart again. Yoona tired from trying to break free just let Yuri do what she wanted to do. Yoona didn't cry nor didn't get mad. She should be feeling angry at the forcefulness but the sudden desperation from Yuri, made her think otherwise.

 

 So, she just let Yuri kissed her and from touching her for awhile. Yuri then stopped and looked at Yoona still holding her by her waist. With a look that was different from the usual Yuri showed to everyone. Different but Familiar. Yoona then raised her arm aiming to touch Yuri's cheek and was about to say something.

 

 

*BAM* (explosion)

 

To be continued.