Chapter 43

In Everything Lies the Unknown

CHAPTER 43
Yuri POV

Yuri ran through the forest as quick as possible with Tiffany trailing behind trying to keep up with her. I rolled my eyes at the eye smiling girl's lack of speed but nevertheless, continued on trying to hide from the guards who are roaming around the mansion they just invaded. Yuri want this to end as fast as she can.

The mansion was not just an oridinary rich man's residential place. It is also a hidden place for the rebels outside the city of Seoul. The mission is quite simple: Search and Destroy. Search for any valuable documents that can contribute to the information about the rebels. Destroy any evidences of invasion  and capture all the people who are proven guilty against the government. The society must not know these kinds of missions that the goverment are doing and must be kept a secret. Hence; the use of students who are training to be part of high ranking officials of the capitol someday. 

Yuri and Tiffany were assigned in the Eastern Wing of the mansion. They are in charge for creating a destrution for the other students to use for a chance to enter discreetly before the grand ambush. While running and jumping from tree to tree, Tiffany spotted two guards on her peripheral vision. She abruptly pulled Yuri and motioned her to keep quiet when the girl was about to shout at her some incoherent words for the action. 

"There are two guards ahead of us. We must be near the actual mansion." Tiffany whispered.

Yuri nodded and knew what to do. The two looked at eah other and nodded both of their heads signalling that it was time. Tiffany then ran towards the two guards and as soon as the men caught sight of her, they both raised their guns but they were swiftly shoved by the tree by some unknown force rendering them unconscious. 

Yuri then started to rub both of their hands creating a friction until a large fire came out from her hands and blew it towards the deep forest they just had entered. A massive forest fire was now created and panic from the people inside the mansion ensued. The two continued their action until the whole place started to be surrounded with fire.

 

"Wow, that is one massive fire Yuri is creating. She sure can be as scary as hell" Sooyoung commented looking at the large fire few distance away from the mansion. 

"Sooyoung, Hyoyeon. It is your turn now. You know what to do" Kenji said behind them.
Sooyoung rolled out her eyes, " Yeah, Yeah. I got the blueprints already. Hyo! are you ready ?"

 

"As ready as you can be" Hyoyeon said with excitement in her eyes. Sooyoung smirked and grabbed Hyoyeon's elbow to teleport to the mansion's office hoping to find valuable documents.

Yoona and Jessica watched them disappeared. 

"I guess we have to take the most difficult way to infiltrate" Jessica said clearly not liking the part that they got in the group mission. Yoona chuckled at Jessica's misery.

 

 

"Well, you have the worst luck of being partnered with me" Yoona smirked which Jessica was surprised because this was the first time Yoona ever spoke to her and even smiled as soon as they have been gathered together for the mission.

Yoona looked at Jessica's surprised reaction. "What?" she asked.

Jessica shook her head and muttered nothing.

"Let's just go and get this over with" Jessica said. Yoona nodded and proceeded to enter the main entrance in an old fashion way -run towards the building fighting off the guards they encountered along the way. 

Since both two teams are now inside the building, Yoona and Jessica were now in charge with creating distraction outside the mansion as the guards are all focus now on them making it easier for the other two teams to gather as many information as possible due to lenient seurity.

Yoona knew that this is a blind mission. A pointless mission just to test their powers. Their mission was quite simple yet instructions given to them were rush and careless even for her but she did not say anything and go along with it .
She did not say anything and just go with the flow. Kicking men and avoiding bullets as much as possible. 

"How are you holding up, Sica?" Yoona asked raising her voice a little for the blonde girl to hear her from afar.
Jessica was too distracted too answer and annoyed by the mission. When she had enough, she just yelled out of frustration and immediately let out a strong blizzard making all her surrounding became frozen. 

Yoona was surprised by the sudden outburst and teleported behind the ice princess.

"What the hell?! You almost turn me into ice" Yoona said accusingly at Jessica.

"Arghhh...This is pointless!" Jessica shouted frustratingly. Yoona sighed knowing how short tempered her partner is.

"Let's just go. The fire Yuri created is now gone. We need to find the others before  and get back" Yoona said as she grabbed the ice princess' elbow and teleported.

As soon as they appeared inside the mansion, Yoona and Jessica were surprise to see what is infront of them. Furnitures of the living room are destroyed, broken windows, teared curtains and more importantly Yuri and Tiifany were on the floor wounded.

"Yuri, Fany 1!" Jessica called out as she took notice that the two girls were under the broken chandelier barely unconscious. Jessica immediately went to them while Yoona observed their surroundings. As soon as Yoona laid her eyes on Yuri's unconscious body , she failed to notice someone who suddenly threw her like a ragged doll on the other side of the room making her hit the wall and coughed up blood at the sudden force.  
Yoona looked up and saw one unordinary man whose eyes are red and his muscular body is too big that looks like it was about to pop. She then noticed a needle attached to the man's elbow. The man infront of her is not on his right mind as a maniac smile formed on his face and charged at her.

"What the?!" 

Yoona was then hit right on her stomach making her step backwards but then, the man grabbed her and smashed her body on the ground making her bones cracked. Yoona grunted in pain. She did not have a time to breathe when she saw the man's fist was about to hit her so, she teleported a few distance away from the man. She was about to fall on the ground when Jessica caught her.

"We need to hide ! Come on " Jessica said as she made the floor where the man was standing turned into ice which made him slip. Jessica use this opportunity to drag Yoona limping towards Yuri and Tiffany who were unconscious. Yoona took the opportunity to grab them and teleported.

Yoona was supposed to teleport them outside the buidling but then, she was surprised that they were still inside the mansion but on another place.

""What the hell is happening !? We are suppose to be outside the building" Yoona said. 

", this must be a trap." Jessica cursed. She then settled Yuri and Tiffany on the floor making them lean on the wall.

"Yuri, hey... Yuri wake up " Jessica said making a very light slap to Yuri to wake her up. After a few minutes, Yuri then opened her eyes. Jessica sighed in relief as she muttered a gratitude for Yuri's consciousness.

"Are you alright, Yul? Do you feel any pain right now?" Jessica asked worriedly waiting for Yuri to answer.
Yuri grunted in response and when she looked up she saw Yoona standing behind Jessica looking at her. Yoona then turned her back to Yuri breaking the eye contact.

"Yuri" Jessica called trying to get the attention of her best friend.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I must sprained my ankle but I can manage" Yuri said as she tried to stand but winced at the pain. Then realization dawned on her,

"Tiffany ! Jessica, where is she ?" Yuri then asked in panic but then felt relieved to see the eye smilling girl beside her moved a little signalling that she was alive.

"arghh, w-what happened?" Tiffany asked as she groaned in pain over hear head.

"We were attacked by that man " Yuri explained as she tried to get up.
Jessica frowned  " Something is not right, I feel like this is some sort of a set up. There was a man though, he - he is different" Jessica said.

" I saw a needle on his arm. Do you think that it might be the cause ? That guy ....he seems to be not human" Yoona suddenly spoke gaining the attention of the two. Yoona remained on her spot thinking about her encounter with the man. She then narrowed her eyes at the possibility that they were lured to this by Kenji himself but chose not to say anything towards them.

"I can't even teleport properly. We need to alarm the others" Yoona frantically said as she took her phone out of her pocket and dialed Hyoyeon's number.

", no one is answering" Yoona began to panic. Jessica then stand up and approach the young girl.

"Calm down , Yoona. Let's come up with a better plan and look for the others" Jessica said. Yoona took a deep breathe and nodded.

"ok, Yuri can you be able to walk?" Jessicaa asked while she helped Tiffany to stand.

"Yes, I can manage just give me a second to wrap something on my ankle" Yuri said as she tended a first aid remedy to her sprained ankle. Jessica nodded and then looked at Yoona, " Don't be stubborn and tell me if you are hurt" Jessica glared.

"I'm fine. I can still stand , you see" Yoona said as she rolled her eyes.

"Alright, just want to make sure. That man just threw you like you weigh nothing" Jessica stated. Hearing this, Yuri worriedly looked at Yoona but Yoona was avoiding her gaze and nonchalantly shrugged her shoulders.

"Sooyoung and Hyoyeon must be on the west side of the mansion. If you are unable to teleport us outside then, that must be the case with Sooyoung too. We need to gather together"  Tiffany said thinking deeply as to what can they do to get out of the place alive. 

The three girls slowly walked throughout the hallways of the mansion trying to be as subtle as possible. Yoona noticing that Yuri was walking rather slowly relying to the wall for support. So she then decided to grab Yuri's arm and put it around her should and assist her in walking.

"We need to be fast and you are holding us back" Yoona said as she looked ahead ignoring the questioning stare of Yuri.

*BANG* *BANG*

Suddenly, loud noises were heard on the other side of the mansion.  The four of them then ran towards the source to see what was going on. Hoping that their friends were alright. Then they saw below them, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung struggling as they try to escape the man who they had encountered.
Yuri remembered how the man came up to her and Tiffany as they both just entered the mansion. The man was just an ordinary man with no powers and they had easily defeated him but what she was not expecting was the sudden maniac laugh of the man as he picked a some sort of injection in his pocket and put the contents of the injection on his neck. After a few minutes, the man phsyique suddenly changed and it came with a new found strength that easily defeated them. Yuri tried to burn the man down but it's as if he was immune to their powers as the man could did not scream from the burn he was getting. 

*Going back*

The man was running to the duo like a mad man trying to catch them as Sooyoung teleported herself and Hyoyeon away from the man. Hyoyeon then saw an opening towards the man and tried to punch her using her gravity enhancing to make her punch more deadly but the man easily caught her fist.

"Hyoyeon!!" Sooyoung called out as she went to where the man was to help Hyoyeon but it was too late when the man smiled cynically and break one arm of Hyoyeonlike a toothpick.

Hyoyeon screamed in pain and before the man could break Hyoyeon's neck. Yoona jumped down not bothering to take the stairs and grabbed a long sharp metal she saw on the floor then teleported above the man and stabbed his arm which was holding Hyoyeon's neck. 
Tiffany then motioned with her hands towards the grand piano below to fly and hit the man as Yoona grabbed Hyoyeon gently and teleported in front of Sooyoung.

Sooyoung then looked at Yoona in amazement by how she manipulated her teleportation power easily and continously. Yoona perfectly manipulated and calculated the vectors of her surrounding perfectly as she position herself in the dimensions.
Sooyoung's father had taught her the necessary skills needed to become a great teleporter for her to carry the family name and she succeeded in making her family proud. However, looking at the situation they were in right now, this was the first time she saw Yoona use a teleportation skill in a mastery level.

If the teleporter is in pain, anxious or confused then, he/she will not be able to teleport. 

"Are you alright?" Yoona asked Sooyoung obviously exhausted by the constant use of her power and the adrenaline rushing in her veins. 

"Y-yeah ! Thanks for your help... Hyoyeon, hang in there buddy." Sooyoung said as she watched Hyoyeon stood on her own clutching her broken arm.

"Dont worry, I am one tough cookie" Hyoyeon smiled a little. She then saw the other girls running down the stairs towards them.

"it seems that we are trap here unless we defeat that monster " Yuri said looking at the man who was under the piano slowly standing up.
Jessica sighed and complained, " This is such a drag. I have a plan"

Yoona smirked and inwardly laughed, "well, whatever it is. count me in"

Everyone agreed as well.

After a while, the man angrily stood up and throw the broken piano towards the group of girls. Before the piano hit them, Yoona and Sooyoung both grab the girls to teleport them. Yuri and Jessica then ran on the opposide of the man making him confused who he should attack first.
Yuri then rubbed her two hands creating friction as she blew air to her palm resulting to a blazing fire towards the man who just shielded himself with his arms failing to notice the ice spikes aiming behind him as he was stabbed by it. The man did not cry in pain but instead turned his attention as he ran towards Jessica but then, Sooyoung appeared in his line of vision grabbing Jessica and once again disappear. 

"Argghhhh, you cowards !!" The man growled frustratingly and he smashed his fists on the floor making it shake and grabbed a large cement throwing it to one of the girls which is - Tiffany.

Tiffany then concentrated as she made the large cement stop midair from hitting her. Yoona then appeared on top of cement floor.

"I'll take this, Fany" Yoona said as she and both the cement disappeared. Sooyoung and Jessica then appeared beside Tiffany watching Yoona suddenly appeared above the man.

While the man was so concentrated on Yoona above her, Yuri then put on an emotionless expression as she generates circular motion using her hands to create a massive possitive and negative electrical potential creating a lightning bolt and aimed it towards the distracted man  blasting him powerfully slamming through the series of wall, the same time as once again from above Yoona teleported together with the part of cement floor slamming it to the man's body. Everything went quite.

"Is he dead?" Hyoyeon asked breaking the eerie silence.

Sooyoung saw the man twitched his fingertip a little but did not make a move.

"No, he was just passed out" Sooyoung whispered. As Jessica and Tiffany tiredly sat down on the floor.

"We need to get out of here before---" Yuri's statement was suddenly stopped as she heared a series of claps. The girls looked at direction of the sound and saw Kenji clapping and smilling at them.

"This is far from what we have expected from all of you. I am impressed. You did great compared to the other group I have formed two weeks ago" Kenji exclaimed.

"You are impressed? So this is a set up? Do you even realize that you almost got us all killed" Sooyoung angrily exclaimed but Kenji just looked at her uninterestingly.

"In our line of work, Sacrifices are needed to be done. If you are killed then, that is because you are weak. You decided to join this type of class and I am sure you perfectly knew what is waiting for you here. You should know this by now as your traitor grandfather died because of his weakness and chose the wrong side of the coin" Kenji said harshly and smirked.

"How dare you insult my grandfather?!!" Sooyoung angrily lashed out and was about to attack Kenji when Yoona face Sooyoung looking at her intently shielding Kenji behind her which shocked all of her friends.

"Are you gonna defend him Yoona? He almost killed us!" Sooyoung said madly at her.
Yoona looked at all her friends and just smiled bitterly, " Like he said, only death awaits to those who are weak and worthless. After all, aren't we all knew from the start that this is a set up" 

Yoona did not wait for her friends response as she approached Kenji and they both disappeared.

 

To be continued. 

I apologize for not editing this properly but I hope you will like the new chapter.