Everything Seems Normal in the First Day

In Everything Lies the Unknown

Second chapter is up.. What do you guys think? The following chapters will be interesting as the characters appear. Can you guess who is the main couple?

Chapter 2

 

Yoona woke up early to prepare herself for her first class and she neatly wear the academy’s uniform, leaving the jacket open to see the white long sleeved polo shirt underneath the jacket.

 

 The uniform of the academy for female consists of a white long sleeved-polo shirt, with a red tie, black shirt and a blazer with white line pattern. It is almost the same with the boys but of course instead of a skirt they wear black pants.

 

It was just 4am and there were no students yet in the dormitory and the dining hall. So Yoona was walking alone, enjoying the silence, along the hallways. When she turned to the other side of the corridor, someone had bumped into her. Good thing she has a good balance that she didn't fall but the girl who bumped her seemed to be out of luck and almost fell, if not for her, who had caught the girl easily, thanks to her good reflex.

 

"Are you alright?" She asked the girl with long dark hair and chubby cheeks.

 

"Ahh, yes, I'm alright. Thank you and sorry for bumping you" the girl said who seemed embarrassed about what happened.

 

"No worries" Yoona said as she let go of her.

 

"By the way I'm Yoona, what's your name?" Yoona asked.

 

"You must be the new student, I'm Seohyun" said the girl.

 

"Yes, that's me I guess. Anyway, nice to meet you Seohyun" Yoona smiled and then started to walk away.

 

"Wait!!" Seohyun suddenly grabbed the woman's arm and felt something strange.

 

Yoona turned and looked at her wondering why.

 

"Sorry, it's just that. ..mm.." Seohyun nervously said. She sensed something different about the girl and she couldn't pinpoint what but, she noticed that she must be being weird again so she decided to shrug it off.

 

Instead, she inhaled and said "What I'm trying to say is that if it's alright with you, I can tour you around. You know as an apology for bumping you"

 

Yoona smiled and accepted her offer, "I'd love to" . Although Ms. Tonya already toured her around; it would nice if she can make friends while attending this school.  And so, for two hours of touring around the campus and eating breakfast together, they instantly became friends.

 

*************

 

It was Monday almost 8am and students were walking to their respective classrooms. The students just got back after spending the holidays with their families and they were so eager to talk about it to their friends. Some students were busy reading, some sleeping and some,as usual, were absent.

 

 

One student was running in the hallways, bumping the other students but she didn’t stop and just apologized and said that she was in a hurry. As she entered the classroom she looked around and spotted the two she had been looking for.

 

 

“Hey guys!! did you hear? Did you hear the news?” the student excitedly asked her two friends who seemed to be busy from eating and from listening to music. And when she did not get any reply. She hit their desk loudly and this grabbed the other students’ attention but she ignored them nonetheless.

 

“What the heck Fany!” the two students replied shockingly.

 

“Why are you ignoring me when I have an important news to tell!?. And yah ! Sooyoung stop eating for a sec!” Tiffany said as she grabbed the bag of chips Sooyoung was holding.

 

“Aishh!! Ok fine, what is it?! You better tell us something good” Sooyoung said.

 

Sooyoung, is known as Choi Sooyoung, her family belongs to the rank of aristocrats and very active legislator defending the rights of the slaves. They are against the ranking system established by the royal family and because of this they are being watched carefully. Their family’s specialization is Teleportation.

 

“Is it about the new transfer student?” the other student who was listening to the music before fany barged in.

 

“Wait ! Hyo, you know ? but how !? Do you have any idea how much trouble I put myself in just to get the news first?” Fany said and thought of how she bribed the president of the newspaper club about it. She had to help the club in delivering newspapers to different buildings using her ability to lift objects. Thinking about it, she felt drained.

 

Tiffany is a psychokinetic user who has the ability to move objects and use levitation. She is part of the Hwang family who belong to the Aristocrats rank. Her family is one of the members of the legislative committee assigned in Korea. Despite being in the third rank she never looked down on people and treats her own slave as her friend. Her family has taught her to be nice to everyone and get to know people not basing on ranks but by their personality.

 

“I heard from one of the professors earlier, they seemed to be gossiping about the new student” Hyo said also known as Kim Hyoyeon.

 

Kim Hyoyeon is also the same rank as Fany. She and her family belong to the rank of aristocrats and a family friend of Tiffany and Sooyoung’s. She has the ability to control gravity. She likes music and has a carefree attitude. She is very friendly to others like Tiffany and does not care about ranking and power.

 

 “So, there’s a new student? Wow, at this late semester? That’s so rare” Sooyoung said while grabbing back the chips from Fany’s hand.

 

“I know right! This is the big news that I was about to tell you guys!” Fany said then she took a sit in front of her two friends facing them.

 

“So, do you know what kind of power she has?” Hyo asked Fany.

 

“That’s the thing, no one knows yet” Fany frowned when she answered.

 

“Really? Don’t you think that’s kind of strange?” Sooyoung asked while munching her chips.

 

“What do you mean?” Fany asked wondering what strange about it.

 

But before Sooyoung answered her question, she saw Seohyun entered the classroom with a pale skinned girl with innocent doe eyes beside her. They seemed rather close, she thought.

 

 

Seohyun’s POV

 

I was talking to Yoona as we entered the classroom. I found out that we have the same schedule and belong to the same rank. Yes, I am a white rank just like her. I came from the family of slaves and my parents were happy when the Government discovered my ability. This means that I will no longer be seen as worthless by the society.  I have the ability to read people’s mind and see the memories of the person I touched but I found out that there are exemptions to it and one of those is the girl I was talking to right now. I tried to read her mind or even see her memory but I couldn’t. I know it was rude of me to do that when I touched her, but I just had to.

 

My master who owns me is very kind to me and help me a lot whenever my family is in trouble so I am really grateful and happy to serve her for all my life. My master who is also a friend of mine is named Kim Hyoyeon from an aristocrat rank. We are different in so many ways but we complement and understand each other all the time. When I found out that I was going to attend the same school as my unnie, Hyo-unnie, I was excited and relieved because I have someone who I can confide to.

 

I saw my unnie and her friends at the end of the classroom and I grabbed my new friend excited to introduce her to them.

 

“Unnies!” I said while dragging Yoona with me. I was never this excited usually.

 

“Oh ! Hey Seo, What’s up?” Hyo unnie greeted me her usual greeting and I smiled at that. The others also greeted me.

 

“I have someone to introduce to all of you” I said then I moved to the side for them to see Yoona.

 

“Ah.. Hello, I’m Yoona” Yoona bowed timidly and I giggled because she is not this shy type of person.

 

“Speak of the devil! We were---“ Soo said when Fany and Hyo stopped her from saying that they have been talking about the transfer student before the two came in.

 

I looked at them strangely then introduced them to Yoona “this is Fany, Hyo and Soo. They are good friends of mine and they belong to the aristocrats rank but don’t worry they are all nice”

 

*****

 

A month has passed and they became so closed. Even though Yoona couldn’t answer their question about her ability and what type of living she had before entering the academy, they still accept her and respect her decision because they know that there is time for everything.

 

To be continued.

 

Hoping for comments/reviews :D thank you and pls subscribe too