Finally Home

In Everything Lies the Unknown

Chapter 14

Finally Home

 

Frustration was an understatement to what Yuri was feeling in the situation. She could not believe that she made an outburst like that especially to Yoona.

 

That face when she shouted at Yoona had left a mark in her mind. She hurt Yoona and as much she wanted to justify herself, she could not because it would always lead to remembering the hurtful expression she saw in Yoona.

 

But who could blame Yuri, she was already exhausted and worn out in her situation. Why was she always the bad one? Was this her punishment for not being strong enough? What was the use of being protected for unknowingly, she kept on dying every time reality hit her? The reality that she was not strong enough to prevent someone to turn their back to her and sacrificing their lives to protect what she had, yet without knowing she only needed one thing in her life and it was taken before she could do something about it.

 

That moment Yoona turned her back to her and left made her realize how helpless she was and how pathetic she becomes. The girl was right there, she was seeing her every day, laughing and talking with her and yet she could not approach her without being conscious in every action she made causing her to take a step backward and that person to take a step forward to Yoona.

 

She hated her situation, she hated the system, she hated the society, she hated the people behind it, she hated that family especially that person and most of all she hated herself for letting everything be as it was. She wanted to destroy everything and yet she could not because someone would always tell her.

 

"Hurting others is the same as hurting yourself. Don't let your power be a curse let it be a blessing to everyone "

 

She made a promise and she intended to keep it, for it was the last thing that she could keep after all the promises she had broken.

 

***

It was the last day of the exam and yet Yoona and her did not even spare a glance at each other. Yuri tried to approach her but before she could, she would freeze because she remembered how hurtful her words were to Yoona.

 

It was lunch time and just like for the past two days. Yuri and Yoona just played with their food pretending to review their notes for the exam.

 

Irritated, Tiffany slammed her fist in the table making everyone in the table to jolt in surprise.

 

"What's with the heavy atmosphere? Tomorrow is the start of our vacation. Can You and you just kiss and make up?" Tiffany said as she pointed at Yoona and Yuri.

 

"Wh-what do you mean by ki-kiss?" Yoona was surprised did they know what happened to the two at the forest.

 

Yuri being prideful as she was, remained stoic but deep inside she did not know what to say or even what to do.

 

Jessica sighed as well as the others. Would it be best to let the two sort things out or intervene?

 

They did not know what to do but one thing was for sure to them. Yuri should be the one to apologize not Yoona.

 

"Are you really sure that you won't come with us, Yoong? If you want, we can ask or even invite your unnie" Sooyoung changed the topic.

 

"Sorry, I really can't ..." Yoona said somehow secretly glancing at Yuri and sighed.

 

"Ah, I know ! Yoong, come take the plane with us at least by that we can go to Europe together even if it's just a flight" Tiffany said.

 

"Yeah, that'll be good at least we will be able to spend some time together Yoona" Seohyun said excitedly.

 

They looked at Yoona expectantly somehow hesitant thinking that they would find out the person she was serving which might not be good for her case as Mr. Kim warned her.

 

She then saw Yuri glanced at her expecting her to at least agree. Wanting to be in good terms with Yuri again, she decided to have the same flight as them in which her friends excitedly planned the whole journey.

 

After the last bell ring, the class immediately went out the classroom. They could not contain their excitement for the upcoming trip they are planning to do.

 

Yoona and Yuri as well as her other classmates were still in the classroom. The others already bid goodbye as they have to pack their things for tomorrow's flight.

 

"Hey, did you hear the king's daughter will be having a grand ball?" one student asked.

 

"Yeah I can't wait!!, finally, we will get to see the princess" the other student said.

 

"For sure, it would be a grand celebration. The whole kingdom is preparing for this one big event"

 

"But why do you think the royal family just decided to introduce the princess to the public"

 

"I heard that the princess ..."

 

Yoona was not the type to gossip about anyyone so she decided to leave immediately before she can hear anything.

 

As she was about to go to the front door, she saw Yuri looking at her. It was not the cold gaze or any normal gaze Yuri used to look at anyone.

 

Something, that Yoona badly wanted to ask but she always did not get a chance. Yuri nodded then at her signaling that she acknowledged Yoona's presence. Yoona smiled back a bit in return thinking that Yuri and her would be in good terms not now but soon they would as it always was.

 

***

 

Today has finally come as they boarded a private plane courtesy of Jessica's family.

 

All are talking about how excited they were to be spending at Yuri's mansion. Although, Yoona could not go with them, her friends assure her that there will be a next time for sure.

 

Yoona just nodded wanting to let the topic off. Yoona and yuri were pretty civil at each other, they were still not in good terms but at least the two of them were not fighting. It was just up to their friends to make the awkward atmosphere disappear. They play games and chat the whole day. As the night falls, they arrived in Europe.

 

As Seohyun and Taeyeon stepped out of the plan, they were so amazed by how different the place from Korea. Technology wise, Europe was far more advance and also has a bigger land.

 

All of them got off the plane and went to the airport to check out and waited for their car ride.

 

Since they are outside the school, uniforms were no longer required to wear but their ranking bracelet was a requirement. If anyone forgets to wear their bracelets, they were then being looked at as normal human beings in which, it would be trouble.

 

At the airport, people were looking at them more specifically looking at Jessica and Yuri. They immediately were recognized as they were one of the few who belong to the elite class.

 

"Is that the kwon daughter and the eldest daughter of the Jung's?"

 

"Wow, they were really back..."

 

"Will they cause trouble again?"

 

"I hope not this is such an important event"

 

"Ahh, I wish they would just stay in that rotten country"

 

People were gossiping and did not even try to keep their voice down.

 

Yuro and Jessica heard all of it but they just ignored them as they were already used to this kind of treatment.

 

"Hey, we should try to do something.. They're saying mean things to Yul and sica" Taeyeon said as she tried to approach those people but Sooyoung and Hyoyeon held her arm.

 

"What the ? Can't you see they--" Taeyeon tried to say

 

"Clearly as we speak right now, you would be the bad one if you try to do what you are thinking" Hyo warned her.

 

"But--"

 

"Listen, this place might be the most advanced yet it is the most dangerous" Sooyoung said that it made Tae and Seohyun as they were not really aware of the true situation in Europe only those who have been in the place could see clearly how dangerous would be for just one little wrongdoing.

 

"People don't recognize us, as much as possible, we should be in low profile and try not to stand out to much when alone especially when we are wearing this" Yoona said as she pointed out her wrist with a white colored bracelet.

 

"I'm scared unnie" Seohyun suddenly felt a tear. This was a first time that she felt pressured by all the rank and never thought that people would actually act differently from what she thought they would be.

 

"You shouldn't, I'm here I mean we are all here. I'm going to protect you" Hyoyeon held Seohyun's hand reassuring her.

 

Yoona looked at them and smiled seeing how close the two were and how strong their friendship. She thought how lucky she was for being friends with them. Yoona then felt a hand brushed against hers and when she looked at it it was Yuri's. She smiled inwardly at the contact as they silently walked together brushing each other’s hand coincidentally or was it?

 

*riiiingg* *riinngg*

 

A ring was heard then Yoona took her phone and answer the phone. Her friends then looked at her as she said goodbye to the caller.

 

"I'll be turning left from here. I guess I'll see you at school" Yoona said bidding goodbye. Her friends bid goodbye as they hugged her and told her that they will be sending a message to her from time to time.

 

She was now walking alone when someone called her.

 

"Yoona!" She turned around and saw Yuri called her as the girl was running towards her.

 

Yoona looked at her questioningly.

 

"I forgot to return this to you" Yuri said as she handed out the ring that Hyoyeon asked her to give.

 

"My ring! I have been looking for this" Yoona said as she took the ring and examined it. It was still the same as she saw it last time. She thought that she would not be seeing it again. The last thing that proved her existence was still in her hands and hopefully, it would not be missing again for it was the only thing she had left in her past.

 

Yuri looked at how Yoona appreciated the ring. Her heart was beating fast as she saw Yoona's hand caressed the ring like her life depended on the old rusty ring. The inscription may be covered in rust but there would always be a way to return the ring to its original beauty.

 

"Hyoyeon gave me that. She said you were looking for it" Yuri said.

 

"Thank you! I thought I would not find this ring anymore" Yoona said gratefully.

 

"That ring must be so precious to you. I wonder why." Yuri said pointed out.

 

Yoona smiled and looked at the ring, "It is the only thing I truly have"

 

Yoona thanked Yuri again and bid goodbye as she knew that her ride would be waiting.

 

Yuri secretly followed Yoona and waited for her to get inside the car before returning to her friends.

 

"Where did you run off?" Jessica asked Yuri.

 

Yuri simply shrugged and, "let's go, my father is already waiting for us in the mansion?"

 

By then, the van stopped in front of them and they get in to the car. The whole ride was full of laughter and stories, excited to spend their vacation together. Yuri, who was sitting beside the driver, watched the view outside her window, wondering about Yoona's whereabouts.

 

Yoona silently sat at the back of the car. Somehow, It reminded her of the first she went to the academy. But this time the feeling of uncertainty was gone. Finally, she was going home.

 

Her home since the accident.

 

She was thankful that someone took her after being abandoned by her own family. She never dared looking or trying to know more about her family. They abandoned her and she has a new family, so why bother with someone who doesn’t give a care about her right!?

 

Her thoughts were halted as the car stopped in front of the large gate. They were at the entrance of the capitol. The driver handed a file to the guard who went near to their car.

 

 The guard examined the people inside the car and looked at Yoona at the back. He stared for a few moment while Yoona just look straight ahead not minding the look as she was used to it.

 

She was used to people looking at her, wondering how a person like her could be inside the capitol. No one knew why and even her could not understand.

 

As the car continue to drove to the inner most part of the capitol, she continued to look the buildings that passed by the car, thinking how suffocating it was to be in this city but no matter how much she thought about it she would not attempt or even think of going to another place as this was her home, the home she could not imagine that she would have.

 

The Capitol is an enclosed capital city in Europe. It is where the highest ranking family resides. No one can enter its premises unless permitted by the royal family. Almost all the government bodies are established within the city. Only those who are selected workers in the government are allowed to pass the gates but they must be given a permit to enter.

 

Not all elite family members or any social ranking members are allowed to enter but for the birthday of the one and only princess of the kingdom, the Capitol will be opened for everyone as she will be introduced to be the next ruler of the kingdom.

 

The car stopped and Yoona stepped out of the car looking at her surroundings.

 

She inhaled and said, "Finally, I'm home"

 

To be continued.

Not much revealed in this chapter but the future chapters are needed to be carefully planned so bear with me :D New made up characters will be introduced in the next chapter. Stay tuned and please do continue supporting my story.