CHAPTER 45

In Everything Lies the Unknown

CHAPTER 45


Yoona sped through the pier that was located quite far the east of the academy but near to the city where people are too busy having a peaceful night with their families in contrast to what she has been tasked to do.


She tightened her gloves afraid of it falling off as she dodged different large containers trying to hide in the shadows. Another night to stain her hands with blood as long as this part of her memory will be erased the next day then, she wouldn’t mind.


 Park Ji Soo – the man behind this madness. The man who made her do unspeakable things in exchange for the safety of the likes of Kyungsan and her mother.


She was running ahead of Jessie – her partner with missions as dirty as this, going to nearby building by the pier. She did not dare question anymore as why Jessie is here considering that Yoona knew that the girl behind her is enjoying giving torments to other people.


According to Kenji as instructed by Park Ji Soo, the man they were supposed to capture had brown, spiky hair with bright green eyes. He was a little chubby, but tall enough to tower the girls. The girls was ordered to capture the man in hopes of getting an information about the stolen data about an enhancement drug. Should he became difficult to handle, Yoona was ordered to kill the man.


“Aren’t you curious just what is this drug can do, Yoongie?” Jessie playfully  asked as they both jumped on the roof of the building where their target was located.

 

Yoona remained silent ignoring the annoying presence of the vile woman. She then calmly walked to the middle of the roof and placed her hand on the ground trying to feel the presence of the people occupying the buildinng. Her concentration was lost suddenly as she heard a gunshot just beside her.


Jessie smirked and said with taunt, “I don’t do boring stuffs, Honey. You better hurry up and get the target, we might lose him”


By then Yoona teleported inside the building, she immediately pressed herself flat against a dark corner concealing her presence just as Jessie was trying to distract the guards outside.


The target’s footsteps were loud against the wooden floor. There would be approximately 25 more footsteps until they would reach the hallway Yoona was in. She then took a long metal wire from her watch preparing for an attack. 


3....


2…


1…

 

Yoona ran out from her hiding place and kicked the closest bodyguard she had reached. She then turm to the other one making the two bodyguards unconscious. She looked at the target in the eye with no emotion as she stretched out her metal wire preparing to capture the man. The man with a frightened eyes stumbled backwards.

Yoona approached him like a predator vying to capture his prey when a gun shot yet again was heard. But this time, Yoona felt pain and as she looked at her stomach, her shirt is being drenched of blood…Her Own Blood.

 

Yoona knowing that she could not let the target escape and had to resort to one last option and that is to kill the man if she cannot capture him. She looked at the man as she grabbed his neck with no emotion not caring to cover herself against the possible shooter aiming at her. She needs this to be done quickly or else another innocent life will be lost. 


She lifted him against the wall and then, they both teleported on the top of a container crane rendering the man hanging with Yoona holding his neck preventing him from falling. Before the man can utter a word, Yoona release him and the man fell for his death as every bone in him crashed on the cemented ground. 


Weakly, Yoona teleported herself outside the proximity of the building writhing in pain when suddenly she heard Jessie laughed.


"I guess you do know what is the best option for you when doing this kind of mission." Jessie then kneeled down on her level and snap her finger in front of Yoona.

Then, the pain Yoona was feeling disappear and as she look down, there was no blood. It was an illusion. An illusion thinking that she had no other choice but to kill the man. Yoona felt sick. Yoona remembered how the man looked like when he fell and because of this, she vomited. Fear and a feeling of restlessness were eating her.


Jessie rolled her eyes as if getting used to this drama.


“Do you really believe that I am here to assist you in this childish play?” Jessie smirked as she grabbed Yoona’s collar and slammed her on the tree.


“I am here to make sure you obey. For all I know, you do not intend to kill the man thinking that anyone would believe you that we can get information from him. Guess what? He is as good as dead the soonest Park Ji Soo gave his order. So put him on list of the people you “accidentally” killed” Jessie whispered to her smirking.

 

Yoona with her anxieties kicking in began to count 1 to 10 trying to calm herself down.

Jessie looked at her pathetically questioning why the Princess no, the Queen was so infatuated to a weakling like Yoona instead of her.

Jessie then got inside her own car and sped off just as another car arrived and came out Kenji approaching Yoona.

Kenji kneeled down and handed her a bottle of pills. 


“You want to forget right?”  Kenji softly spoke.

Yoona looked at him, desperately as she took the bottle from him quickly and get a great amount of pills that a normal person would take.

She then swallow everything and count 1 to 10 again as her mind began to relax and her eyes began to look at her surrounding with haziness then, passed out.

“I want to remember. I want to know everything. But I cant deal with the pain that comes from it…Someone…please….someone save me. I can’t live like this anymore. I don’t want this reality….someone, please sav—“

 

KRIIIIINGGGGGGGG


Yoona’s eyes slowly opened as she heard the school bell rung signaling the start of the first class. She remained still and decided not to attend.


Yoona felt exhausted. She knew why but at the back of her mind, a voice is telling her to not think about it so much so she followed through. Without knowing that this will have a serious effect on her in the future…


I don’t want to see her with another woman.  A thought just occurred to her which made her got up from the bed trying to shake the thought of preventing Yuri find happiness without her.

She then went straight to the bathroom to wash up all her thoughts thinking of having no right to stop Yuri from falling in love with someone better.

She let out a bitter smile as she remembered her time.

Two years.

She only has two years to see Yuri after that she will gladly welcome darkness.

 


On the other side of the school grounds….

 


Sooyoung was panting heavily as she once again tried to concentrate on a big log making it disappear once again but then, it appears just above her as it fall on her.


“Watch out!!!” Tiffany shouted as she raised her hand towards the log preventing it from crashing the tall woman and tossing it on the other side.


“Alright, I think that is enough training for you Sooyoung” Jessica sternly said crossing her arms clearly irritated at her stubborness.

 

“No , I want to try it again. I need it to appear where I want it to be” Sooyoung said trying to catch her breath. 


“Jessica is right, Soo. You need to rest. You are clearly out of focus. You wouldn’t be able to concentrate properly” Hyoyeon worried stated as she warily took a step closer to her friend but before she could placed her hand on the girl’s shoulder to comfort her.

 

Sooyoug retracted and looked the log again trying to concentrate.

 

“One more time” she thought and the log was slowly disappearing but then, she fainted.

 

“SOO!!!!!” Jessica, Fany and Hyoyeon shouted at the same time catching the girl before she hit the ground. 


“I will take her to the clinic” Jessica grabbed Sooyoung’s body before the other girls could protest and carried her to the clinic with Tiffany trailing behind.


Hyoyeon could only sigh worriedly.

 

Ever since the mission and witnessing Yoona demonstrates her teleportation, Sooyoung became serious and had been training non stop with an intention of beating Yoona. Wanting to prove to Kenji that she or her grandfather, whom she loved dearly , was not weak.


Hyoyeon then went on an opposite direction hoping to look for her another troubled friend, Yuri.

 

She was walking along the hallways and just observing the students reminiscing how they were also as carefree as the others before the death of the King.

 

Truly, everything has drastically changed.

 

Reports of massive assassination of the captured rebellions Were all over the news. Everything is not as peaceful as it used to be.

With the new ruler, everyone outside the academy has lived in fear.

 

In fear of being accused as a traitor. The soldiers did not show any mercy and they were ordered to kill anyone who deemed suspicious. Hyoyeon knew this because Hyori has been sharing this with her. 

 

Hyoyeon’s own thoughts were interrupted as she saw the woman sne was looking for. She frowned as she saw Yuri getting cozy with Shin Se Kyung as the girl leaned on Yuri whispering a some sort of a funny story which made Yuri laughed.

 

Hyoyeon shamelessly approached the two and called the tanned girl.


“Yul! Enough with the flirting and come with me”  Hyoyeon loudly said making the two immediately put distance from each other which makes the older girl more annoyed.

 

Yuri excused herself to the woman in front of her and approached Hyoyeon questioningly.


“Hey Hyo! What’s with the serious face?” Yuri naively asked.


“Sooyoung is in the clinic. She needs us. Let’s go” Hyoyeon simply said as she turned her back motioning to Yuri to follow her.

 

“Wait, what happened to her?” Yuri asked Hyoyeon just ignored the naïve question of Yuri and instead asked something else,

 

“Have you clearly given up on Yoona?”

 

To be continued.

 

It has been a long time since my last update. I hope you are not tired of waiting. If you are then, I understand. Just like you I want to finish this story but there are so many things I have not explored yet. Hope you are still with me. Let me know your comments and what do you think of the new chapter? 

Can someone suggest a picture for this story as well? Hehehehe

Thanks