Yuri

In Everything Lies the Unknown

Part B of Chapter 3 is already posted ! Yehey! Supposedly this chapter should be released as my weekly update but thanks to your subscriptions/comments and votes, I suddenly want to post this. I know this is short so, I'm going to update very very soon. Just let me know :D

 Chapter 3B

Yuri

A week after the incident, everything went to normal. Few days have passed it became the source of gossip. Hyoyeon was now conscious but had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks to recover from the shock.

In the Hospital, Seohyun, Tifanny and Sooyoung were laughing at a joke from the typical Hyoyeon when someone entered the room.

“Sorry, I’m late guys” Yoona said smiling who brought flowers.

“Aishh .. that’s too girly for my taste Yoong. You could’ve brought beer you know!” Hyoyeon said jokingly.

“Yah ! You should appreciate what Yoona brought for you and you’re not allowed to drink yet its unhealthy” Tiffany said smacking her friend’s head.

 “ OUCH ! Watch it Fany-ah! I’m a PATIENT here” Hyoyeon said making everyone laugh.

“Fany-unnie is right, Hyo-unnie. From now on I’ll bring you vegetable juice it’s rich in nutrients so that you can recover quickly” Seohyun excitedly said.

Hyoyeon took a big gulp and looked into her friends’s eyes asking for help but they laughed at her. She’s doomed! The girls thought.

“So Yoong, why are you always late coming hereand even in our classes to?” Sooyoung asked Yoona.

“Nothing serious, I just have to do checkups. They seem curious to my ability” Yoona answered.

“Wae? And what’s your ability anyway? You haven’t told us yet” Tiffany said as the rest of them eyed Yoona curiously.

All eyes were on Yoona now and this mad her fidget in her seat, playing on her two thumbs “It’s not really a useful ability. I don’t even consider myself as a user because of it” Yoona said.

“It’s alright Yoona, whatever is your ability is, it doesn’t summarize your whole being” Hyoyeon reassured Yoona.

Yoona smiled at how thoughtful her new friends were. They chatted happily any topic they could think of. Yoona never felt happy like this for a long time and she was s thankful that she met these friends of her.  Seohyun, Sooyoung and Tiffany had something important to do with their clubs and school works so they bid goodbye to the two.

When Yoona and hyoyeon were left in the room, silence fell over. Yoona was just looking at the ceiling sitting beside Hyoyeon.

......

“I’m sorry Hyo” Yoona suddenly blurted out.

Hyoyeon smiled knowing what the girl was being sorry for. Since that incident happened, she noticed how gloomy and serious she became but the others didn’t notice this because of a mask Yoona expertly put on.

“You didn’t do anything Yoong, Yuri did it, not you” Hyoyeon said as grabbed Yoona’s hand and hold it tightly.

Yoona smiled a little, Hyoyeon couldn’t understand what she was being sorry but that’s what best for now.

“Still, I want you to know that “ Yoona said as she stood up and looked at the view outside the window. The rays from the setting sun fall upon the girl making her beauty illuminate more.

Hyoyeon looked at her. Ever since they met, she felt that the girl she was looking at was someone special. She was different from the others. She was unfazed by the students who were rank higher than her unlike other slaves who always looked down the floor as they passed the students. Grace of elegance was always with her not to mention her intellect and witty. Just what kind of upbringing she had, she thought.

 “I assume that you’ve met Taeyeon by now”  Hyoyeon said getting Yoona back from her reverence.

“Yes, she was the one who healed and helped you get back your health, right?” Yoona said remembering how well that little midget handled everything in the emergency floor of the hospital.

                       Kim Taeyeon was a cousin of Seohyun who also belonged to a white rank. She had the healing ability and her master was Tiffany who she considered as someone special to her life.

“I can’t believe that she can boss around those staffs that are in the higher rank compared to her” Yoona continued.

“hahaha ! well, that’s what great about this academy. Ranks are less important here if you have the power” Hyoyeon amusedly said thinking about how the midget shouted at those arrogant staffs in the hospital in the past.

“But you know what is great about her? “ Hyoyeon asked Yoona who was standing beside the window looking at her.

“What is it?” Yoona wondered.

Hyoyeon smiled at Yoona and answered, “Taeyeon doesn’t need power and authority just being in Tiffany’s side is enough for her?”

Yoona saw Hyoyeon’s eyes shine at what she said and her smile was like a loving sister.

“Is that because of her loyalty to Tiffany? Because she is Tiffany’s slave?” Yoona curiously asked.

“They are more than that” Hyoyeon said lovingly.

Yoona did not know what she meant. Was it about friendship? Loyalty? Sisterly love? Or deeper than that? She couldn’t understand but as long as her friends were happy with each other then she would be happy too. Yoona then bid goodbye as she still had to do something.

Yoona headed to the administrative building. Ever since the encounter with Kwon Yuri, she decided that she need to change. She needed to stand up. Gone were the days she would just watch and do nothing.  And so, she would use any means to get stronger even if her power was something that couldn’t be useful to everybody. She knew that the moment she was accepted into this academy was the moment her dull life would change. She knocked on the door.

“Come in! “ A voice in the other side of the room said.

“Hey Sunny!” Yoona greeted as she entered the room. Sunny had been busy doing experiments in her lab room that explained why the room Yoona entered into was a mess.

“Yoong ! So, are you ready? It’s going to be a long night. I’m warning you” Sunny cheerfully said.

“I’m ready” Yoona said with much determination.

Sunny and Yoona met after the incident. Yoona approached the principal and told him about her wanting to get to know more about what the authority had discovered about her potential. So, the principal asked Sunny to help Yoona and now the two worked together as well as became friends.

              Lee Sunny belonged to the blue rank who had recently graduated in PSA. She helped the slaves as much as she could. She was a doctor who had the healing ability just like Taeyeon as well as regeneration. She was also a scientist and a mentor of Kim Taeyeon.

***

It was midnight; students were peacefully sleeping in their respective dorms. Lights were out in every part of the academy well except for one which seemed to be occupied at the moment.

A certain tanned girl had been swimming in the pool area of the academy for several hours now, not even planning to stop. It had been a week since the incident with Hyoyeon. She couldn’t believe her emotions took her over that easily. She was angry and mad… the reason? She didn’t want to think of. She just snapped or what she usually told herself it just happened just like how she was right now.

As the girl prepared for another lap, two feet suddenly appeared in front of her and when she looked up, she saw her childhood friend who recently dyed her hair blonde-Jessica Jung.

Jessica offered her hand to Yuri without saying anything and lifted her up. They sat on one corner of the pool and there was silence, none of them talked for awhile.

“You’ve been out of yourself lately. Ah no, rather you’ve become different now… What happened Yul?” Jessica said breaking the silence.

“Nothing happened” Yuri said.

“No” Jessica disagreed.

“You happened. That incident with Kim Hyoyeon just proved it” She continued.

Yuri looked at her with bored not interested in the topic that made her apathetic unlike the way Jessica looked at her with worry and tiredness. Yuri noticed then and said to her,

“If you are tired with me then go. I don’t need you or anyone else” she said as she jumped into the water again getting lost in her own thoughts.

Yuri knew that something changed in her just like what Jessica said. Ever since that night the day she last spoke to her, the warm, friendly and kind Yuri had become cold and aloof. Of course, no one should see this side of her. To their classmates, Yuri was the source of envy with her name, power, beauty and what not a person could wish for. But all of these were nothing to her, she felt empty and lonely that the only way to forget these feelings inside of her was to shut herself as she drowned to her feelings.

Jessica sighed. A tear feel down on her cheeks, she knew her friend was suffering. Ever since that summer when she saw her, Yuri never smiled anymore and had closed her heart to everyone. She was different and she became indifferent…

To be continued.

Don't forget to subscribe/comment/vote. The more responses I received the more eager I am to update soon. I'm really thankful XD !! Let me know what you think...btw, can you guess who are the other pairings?