Back to School: New Term

In Everything Lies the Unknown

CHAPTER 20

Back to School : New Term

A black SUV car had stopped in front of the school building and Yoona stepped out of the car.

She was two days late from her supposed start of class.

 

She did not inform Yuri about this or rather she could not inform as her unnie asked her to not use mobile phone until she arrived at the school.

 

The driver stepped out of the car also going to the trunk of the car to get Yoona's luggage. As he handed her luggage, he also gave her phone. Yoona quickly took it and the device.

 

Yoona got so many missed calls and messages coming from Yuri alone. When she was about to type a message to Yuri, her phone suddenly rung.

 

"Hello Yu-"

 

"Where are you ?!are alright ? Are you hurt?" Yuri's frantic voice could be heard over the phone and Yoona couldn't help but to chuckle at her.

 

"I am fine Yul, you worry too much and it's not healthy for you" she tried to make a joke out of it but silence was evident from the other line.

"Yul? Are you still there ? Hey, I was ju-"

 

"I want to see you now, Yoona. I badly miss you. Where are you right now?" Yuri asked her with concern still in her voice.

 

Yoona grinned then said, "Why don't you open the door and see it for yourself?"

 

Yoona could hear loud footsteps and she knew Yuri was running fast towards the door.

The door opened and both of them just looked at each other. Yuri was wearing a loose polo shirt with shorts that other people would have thought that no under garments behind that white polo shirt.

 

"Are you trying to with your wet hair and that shirt of yours?" Yoona joked as she leaned in the side of Yuri's door frame and ily liked her lips looking up down to her

.

Yuri just stared at her, "You looked different"

 

"Huh?

 

Indeed, Yoona had changed and the girl itself did not know about it herself.

 

Yoona's hair has a lighter shade of brown, she still had that mid length hair but a side swept bangs was present now covering her eyes.

 

Another thing that had changed is that she got paler and the thing that changed is her eyes. Her eyes was not what it used to be, what reflects now is sadness, hurt and loneliness. But to the girl, nothing has changed.

 

Yuri hugged Yoona.

 

"What is wrong with you, Yul? I never thought that you would miss me this much that you are becoming emotional all of a sudden"

 

"Because you are hurting and the sad thing about this is that you don't know it at all" Yuri thought.

 

"Nothing. I just miss my girlfriend so much and I remember she promised me that we were going to see each other at the start of the class but I got to see her after two days" Yuri pouted.

 

"Yeah, about that. Unnie asked me to stay with her for a few days so, I have no choice but to say yes and I was planning to tell you but unnie, confiscate my phone saying that it is a distraction between us. I wonder what's gotten into unnie lately she's becoming more demanding of my attention" Yoona explained somewhat in deep thought.

 

Yuri narrowed her eyes at this but she couldn't say anything about it yet to Yoona.

 

"Well at least you're here now Yoong, and didn't you miss me at all?" Yuri cutelt said as she wrapped her arms in Yoona's neck.

 

"Ehem, if you two are going to be lovey dovey then, I suggest that you close the door. Hey yoong, long time no see. How was the vacation?" Jessica then appeared out of nowhere.

 

Yoona chuckled and said she enjoyed the vacation and asked Jessica how did she know about her and Yuri.

 

"Yul told me about it. She was so excited like a puppy Yul so cute. And I didn't know that the girl in this relationship would be you, Yul. What a revelation!?" Jessica teased.

 

"Shut up Sica" Yuri blushed and cursed herself for forgetting the fact that her and Jessica's room were just opposite at each other.

Yoona giggled at Yuri's cuteness.

 

"I guess we have to close the door more often now that I am here and..."Yoona said trailing her statement as she got closer to Yuri and whispered to her hear softly with a hidden of mischief behind it.

 

"We have to make sure not to be too loud when alone in your room"

Yuri then imagine what would possibly happen when that happens and looking at her expression.

Yoona and Jessica laughed and knew perfectly well what she had been thinking.

 

"You are seriously whipped, Yul" Sica said as she bid goodbye to them because she had to see their other friends.

 

Yuri was shocked at this statement.

 

"Whipped? Me? since did I become whipped?" Yuri thought.

 

"So, how was school so far ? " Yoona asked as she stepped inside Yuri's room and closed the door.

 

"It was ok. Nothing much happened just a few changes in class that's all" Yuri followed

Yoona as her girlfriend casually walked towards her bed and sat on it.

 

"Oh yeah, we are third year now. 2 more years and we are out to the real world. Surely, time flies so fast" Yoona said.

 

"Yeah, speaking of being a third year. What do you want to become?" Yuri asked.

 

Their third year curriculum is not as light as they were before their previous years. They have two years until they graduate and be someone in the society. This year is allotted in preparing the students in the society, in what they ought to contribute outside. Failure to do so will result for them to be ousted. A very serious year for them as they will experience things they haven't been before.

 

"I want to become strong." Yoona simply said.

 

"Strong? What for? Aren't you strong enough?" Yuri said wondering why Yoona wanted to get stronger.

 

"So, that I can be your hero" Yoona winked at her jokingly.

 

"Yah! And here I thought you are trying to be serious" Yuri scolded.

 

"Hehehe, You are so uptight sometimes, Yul. Just relax lol. You will miss half of your life if you are too concentrated in one thing" Yoona said as she stood up and faced Yuri.

 

"Well, you are the only thing that I keep on thinking Yoong" Yuri whispered but loud enough for Yoona to hear.

 

Yoona smiled as she encirle her arms to Yuri's waist and put her forehead into hers.

 

"I know and you are the very reason I want to become strong" Yoona said as she put her lips to where it belongs.

 

The next day at the Special Class.

 

"Oh, You're back Yoong! How was vacation?" Sooyoung greeted Yoona as she saw the girl towards them.

 

"It was good. I could say that it was the best vacation I have ever had" Yoona said with her silly grin.

 

"Why? Don't tell me you've met someone and been flirting behind our back" Hyoyeon joined Sooyoung in what supposed like an interrogation but Yoona was not fazed and in fact, she was used to her unnies antics so she decided to ride along.

 

"Actually yes, I bumped into this y and gorgeous girl then, suddenly I would have never thought that she was very into me" she said and laughed as she heard Yuri choked and coughed from the drink she had. Yoona secretly winked at her.

 

Yuri couldn't just believe what happened.

 

"Whipped" Jessica who was beside her again. Then, she just stick her toungue out to her.

 

Yuri watched Yoona talking with Sooyoung and Hyoyeon from the other side.

 

As much as she wanted to stick close with Yoona, she couldn't do that as rumors have been spreading all over the school about their relationship and she doesn't want to add fuel to the fire.

 

Yoona have been bullied a lot last year and there are so many students who have been trying to get Yoona in trouble. She sided to her side before and defended her but this made things more difficult to Yoona. That's why she decided not to be too close to her at class as she knows that someone was probably watching their every move.

 

"I heard Taeyeon and Seohyun have been training to become medical practitioner and researcher” Yoona said.

 

"Sunny has been the one teaching them actually and the pink lover over them is sulking about it" Hyoyeon simply said.

 

Yoona looked at Tiffany and looked like Hyoyeon is right. Tiffany have become more quite rather than her talkative self as Yoona knew she would be.

"Seems that they haven't made up yet huh" Yoona stated.

 

"Well, they were pretty civil and normal when together but I admit yeah, they are still awkward at each other." Sooyoung said.

 

"Aishh!! Why don't just they make out or something like You and Yuri did" Hyoyeon said rather exasperated.

 

"Whhaaat?? " Yoona couldn't hide her shock at Hyo's statement.

 

"Relax Yoong, she was just overacting. Unless,..." Sooyoung said wiggling her eyebrows suggesting something.

 

"Alright class , gather around!" The professor suddenly entered and Yoona was more that relief.

 

"Hmmm...we got a fewer students now compared before. It seems that most of your classmates decided that violence is not what they ought to be. Some decided to be lawmakers, some decided to be doctors, some decided to be businessman and some decided to be play defender of the society. And that is all of you who remain in this special class" the professor said as he looked the students one by one.

 

Few guys and girls have remained but one thing that the professor knows from his experience. All of these students can make or break the society. It is just a matter of who among them will be classified as such. But these things are not of his concern anymore as his job is to train them nothing more, nothing less.

 

As he scanned the whole class, he take notice one particular student at the back.

 

"Ms. I'm, I would have never thought that you will be staying in this class. Are you sure you're not lost?" The professor said and the whole class laughed.

 Yoona just got insulted and her friends do not like it very much especially Yuri.

 

Yoona just smiled at this and not even affected one bit.

 

"Well, you tell me Mr... Is this a special class or a class for clowns coz you look like trying to be funny when you are not" Yoona talked back which everyone was surprised.

 

"Hahaha, you got some nerve now huh, I'm. You become pretty confident. Now, why don't you show me what you've got in this class" the professor said as she stepped forward and the class parted ways making him and Yoona be circled in the middle.

 

"Yoong-"

 

"Don't worry Soo, I got this" Yoona simply said and she felt someone watching her . She turned around to see Yuri staring at her. She simply winked at her then, went in front.

Her friends couldn't believe how bold Yoona had become. They just didn't see her for a few months and here she was not caring about the trouble she was in.

 

"Maybe she's used to it?" Tiffany whispered to Sooyoung and Hyoyeon who just nodded.

Yoona was in front with her arms crossed over her chest with a small on her face.

 

"You look relaxed. Let's see how well you can take what I'm going to do to you" the professor said as he tried to look tough and crack his knuckles signaling that he was ready to hurt her.

 

Yoona was amused rather than terrified. She found her situation funny. She knew that her ability is not strong enough to win against her professor and yet she stubbornly provoked him just to try if she really meant for the position she had chosen. She wanted to become strong, she doesn't know what drove her this much desire but she knew she had to be.

 

She wanted to try something. Something she discovered when she was in the mansion. Thanks to the king, she was able to know more of what she could do.

 

She then took her school blazer, tied it around her waist and adjust her white long sleeves into three-fourths.

 

"Well you better give your best shot, I'm or you won't last long in this class" the professor said.

Soon the two were given enough space to move freely.

 

"So, you think you can win against me huh" the professor provoked.

 

Yoona just rolled her eyes at how ridiculous her professor was. The professor is just a substitute for Ms Park for two months but he was acting like he owned the class.

 

Yoona just replied him with a smirk. Then her face became nonchalant and total expressionless. This made the professor and the whole class became queasy. She then taunts him to attack first.

The professor then started charging at her. The professor has the ability to control wind which makes it difficult for Yoona to fight him but she needed to try something and this is a perfect opportunity for her.

 

The professor throws some blades of wind that could really wound her. All students hold their breath as Yoona was not moving on her spot to avoid it.

 

She stood there not even scared at the incoming attack but she was serious. She was actually taking a risk.

 

First blade was now approaching her closely and then, it disappeared. The wind was gone.

Second blade was approaching, Yoona braced herself. This time the blade did not disappear but instead Yoona put her hand as if ready to hold the blade. It cut her wrist and there is blood.

The professor saw this as opportunity and ran up to Yoona to incapacitate her. But the unexpected happened, Yoona the wind blade as if it was just a ball and throw it to the professor.

 

Taken aback, the professor stop his advances towards Yoona and avoided his own attack. He was beyond shock. Everybody was shocked. His own power just deflected to him.

 

"How?" The professor uttered. Yoona just shrugged.

 

"I guess it's magic" she said a bit happy at what she had discovered about her ability.

 

"It wasn't just a coincidence" she thought.

 

The professor decided to dismiss early.

Her friends then surrounded her ready to interrogate her but then, Yuri grabbed Yoona's elbow harshly dragging her outside the room.

 

"Wait! We are going to talk to Yoona. Hey, Yul!" Sooyound said but were ignored.

 

"Hey, Soo, there is blood on the floor" Hyoyeon said and all of her friends looked at the two figures hastily left the room.

 

"Hey, wait Yul. Slow down, what's wrong with you?" Yoona said as she was being dragged. They were about to go to the right wing of a building when Yuri stopped and help Yoona's hand up.

 

"This is what is wrong? Are you out of your mind? You're hurt and you did not even know?"Yuri said.

 

Yuri was holding Yoona's right wrist and showed to Yoona her own hand. She was unaware of the wound that the attack of her professor had caused. Her wound would need stitches as the wound was too deep and long.

Yuri gets her handkerchief and wrapped it to the bleeding wound but it still would not stop the bleeding.

 

"Tsk, we have to go to the Clinic since, Seohyun and Taeyeon are still probably in class right now" Yuri muttered. She was panicking a little while dragging Yoona with urgency. Yoona just let her be.

 

Yoona was just silently watching her. In contrast to Yuri, Yoona was calm and her thoughts were collected. She looked at her hand. Yes, it was bleeding and Yuri's handkerchief was already soaked in blood but why she did not feel any pain.

 

"Sometime there are things that are happening to me that I could not even understand. Just what is wrong with me" Yoona thought.

 

To be continued.

Hey my good readers ! It's been awhils since I have updated. Hoping that you will keep supporting me and guide me with this story :) please do continue your support. I will try to focus more on the fantasy and their remaining lives in the School. :D Tell me your thoughts.