Unknown Enemies

In Everything Lies the Unknown

Chapter 11

Unknown Enemies

Yuri's POV

 

I watched Yoona in her deep slumber. She was troubled and I did not know how to help her. I stood up and asked one of the nurses to contact me if Yoona woke up.

 

I then headed in another hallway of the hospital. The main hospital of the school was burned and still being rehabilitated. The intruders who were captured by the imperial guards were now being questioned and by being questioned meant constant torture until they gave substantial information in regards to their organization or group.

 

Seeing the logo at the back of their shirts, I recognized their organization as one of the pioneers of the rebellion against the Royal Family 5 decades ago. I never thought they still exist.

 

I arrived in front of an emergency room, Jessica was sitting on the bench as she waited the red light of the emergency room to go green. And just like Yoona, she had not yet cleaned the stained of Sooyoung's blood on her body.

 

 I approached her and sat beside her. Jessica, with her puffy red eyes looking at me, hugged me tightly as she sobbed harder. In return, I hugged her back and assured her that everything will turn alright and Sooyoung would be ok. We continued to be like that for a couple of minutes. Then, all of Sooyoung's friends arrived in front of the emergency room looking dejected and saddened by the news.

 

No one said a word, they just stood there in a deafening silence. Sunny and Taeyeon were inside the emergency room helping because of their healing ability.

 

 Everyone was worried. Even I was worried about Sooyoung.

 

"Sica, let's go. You still need to see a doctor for your injuries" I said to her. Jessica shook her head.

 

"No, I have to be here . It's my fault why she's in there right now" she said dejectedly as she sunk down again.

 

"Yuri is right, you have to see a doctor to treat your wounds. This is not your fault, this is not anyone's fault. Sooyoung protected you because she cares for you so the least you can do right now is to be of best condition when she woke up" Hyoyeon said as she approached us and put her hand to Jessica's shoulder reassuring her. She then looked at me and nodded, acknowledging my presence and what I have done.

 

"Seohyun, could you help Sica to see a doctor" she then instructed to Seohyun in which the young girl gladly obliged.

 

 And now, the two of us were alone in front of the emergency room.

 

"Is Yoona alright?" Hyoyeon then asked me.

 

"She's asleep right now, she didn't have any injury aside from the one I gave her" I answered suddenly regretting the moment I lost control that time.

 

Hyoyeon seeing Yuri with regret was a sight she would never dare to imagine.

 

Maybe, her friends were right. Maybe Yoona was right, she was just misunderstood. She then decided to tell Yuri what was on her mind.

 

"You know Yuri, You're a jerk" she said in which Yuri was taken aback but understood immediately why she said that.

 

"But you're a good friend, seeing how you care for Jessica and how you helped Sooyoung. I guess Yoona was right “she continued.

 

"That deep inside that cold facade is the Yuri who is worth being loved" she then ended as she took Yuri's hand and handed something to her.

 

Yuri looked at what Hyoyeon gave her, it was a ring. It was an old ring already worn out but as she looked inside, the remaining writing inside the ring was still visible but some of it were already blurred, an engraved "Yoona<3 " was engraved into the ring.

 

"She's been looking for that few weeks now, I guess the reason why she is uneasy right now is that she didn't have that.. So, could you help me return it to her" Hyoyeon said then left to look for Jessica and Seohyun.

 

I did not have any idea what to say anymore. I looked at the ring and I clutched the ring tightly in my palm afraid that it might disappear. Then, I smile letting my tears fall.

 

***

 

Sooyoung's condition was in critical state but has since been upgraded to serious but stable condition. She had received a gunshot wound in the abdomen area hitting one of her internal organs.

 

Jessica sat by the bedside waiting for the girl to wake up.

 

"Sica, Soo is in the comatose state. We still don't know when will she wake up" Taeyeon said as she watched Jessica who had not sleep yet for these couple of nights.

 

"I heard what the doctor said Tae, you don't have to point that out to me." Sica said somewhat annoyed by the constant reminder of her friends about Sooyoung's comatose state.

 

"*Sigh* I just want to say that we don't need another patient to take care of. Many students are injured so, might as well think about your health too. I know that I should not be saying these things but Soo wouldn't want to see you looking like that, " Taeyeon said.

 

Jessica did not eat nor sleep ever since Sooyoung was admitted in the ICU. The dignified aura of Jessica was now gone and replaced by a lifeless Jessica which made everyone worried about.

 

"*Sigh*" Taeyeon then decided to left, seeing how Jessica ignored her presence.

 

"How is she?" Tiffany asked Tae.

 

"She is not listening to me at all, even Yuri could not make her eat nor sleep, if this continue her body will be at the receiving end" Taeyeon said.

 

"Where is everyone by the way?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Sunny, Seohyun and Hyoyeon are assisting the doctors and they are also helping in the rehabilitation of the facilities in school" Tiffany said.

 

"How about Yoona and Yuri?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"They were in the principal's office. They were the only students who witnessed some of the men who infiltrated the academy."

 

 "How about you? I'm surprised that you are not helping your boyfriend. He is one of the imperial guards right? And has a high rank among the guards here in Korea" Taeyeon said nonchalantly. Tiffany was surprised by the sudden involvement of Nichikhun in their conversation.

 

"He's not my boyfriend, he's just a very close friend of mine" Tiffany said. She did not know why she wanted to point out to Taeyeon this. She felt that she should clear this thing out to her.

 

"Yeah , right" Taeyeon simply said as she turned her back to Tiffany and she was about to leave when Tiffany stopped her.

 

"Why are you so indifferent to me lately? Ever since we went out, you've been acting like we are strangers" Tiffany said as she wanted to end this awkwardness between the two of them. Taeyeon did not say anything.

 

"What am I to you?" Taeyeon suddenly asked to Tiffany.

 

 She waited for an answer from the girl but it seemed that would not receive anything from the girl. So she just walked away and did not wait for the girl to speak.

 

***

Principal's office

 

"Are you alright ?" Yuri worriedly asked Yoona who was silent ever since she woke up.

 

"Yeah, I'm alright."

 

"Are you still feeling unwell ? If you'd like we ca-"

 

“No, I'm fine Yuri-ss... I'm just worried about Soo" Yoona made an excuse but truthfully. She is still having headaches.

 

No matter how many pain reliever she had taken still the pain in her head would not disappear but for her, this was not the time for her to be worried about herself, there were important things to worry about especially Sooyoung's condition.

 

Knowing how stubborn Yoona was, Yuri just let it slide and observe Yoona if she needs any help or assistance.

 

The two of them was called in the Principal's office because of the two had a contact with the intruders. The imperial guard and the authorities of the PSA wanted to gather evidences as much as they could.

 

Mr. Kim and the principal had entered the office and motioned for the two students to sit down.

 

"Yoona, what did I tell you about not causing too much trouble?" Mr. Kim sternly asked her.

 

"As far as I remember, you don't have a hold to me Mr. Kim. So, whether or not I did something, it's none of your freaking business" Yoona said coldly to Mr. Kim which the others surprised at her sudden coldness especially Yuri.

 

This was not the usual Yoona who is kind and soft spoken to anyone she talks to.

 

Yoona realizing what she said and acted immediately apologized knowing that she should not be acting this way.

 

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim I don't know what came over me" Yoona apologized.

 

 Yoona realizing what she said and acted immediately apologized knowing that she should not be acting this way. She just felt different.

 

"Ahem!" Mr. Park, the principal, broke the awkwardness.

 

"Shall we proceed what we came here?" He then asked.

 

"Yeah, that probably the best" Mr. Kim said as he glanced at Yoona for awhile then proceeded to the interrogation.

 

"I have heard from the authorities that you two helped in rescuing both Jessica and Sooyoung when they had encountered the intruders. Did you find out anything as why they came here?" Mr. Park

 

"We did not see their faces sir, they were wearing mask the whole time" Yoona said.

 

"Ms. Kwon? How about you?" Mr. Park then turned his attention to Yuri.

 

"Yoona's right, they were wearing mask but I noticed a symbole in their shirts and a tatoo in their arms" Yuri said. This caught the attention of the two men.

 

 "What kind of symbol?" Mr. Kim then asked leaning forward as he became interested.

 

"It's reverse pentagon" Yuri simply said. The two men then looked at each other and seemed to be having a clue as to who were the intruders.

 

"Sir, those symbols…I recognized them from the paper works my father used to read in his office. The symbol is mark of the Rebel Alliance. Right?" Yuri asked.

 

"Rebel Alliance? What does it mean?" Yoona curiously asked to Yuri but before Yuri could answer the principal beat her to it.

 

"It is an alliance formed or sort of an organization who are against the ruler of the royal family. They aim to end the long reign of the royal family and to achieve this, they will stop at nothing and do everything even if they have to kill innocent people" Mr. Park said.

 

"They are also a user like us, and yet they use their powers to harm others. They have to be stopped." Yoona said as she thought of how violent they were.

 

"It is not an easy thing to do, Yoona. They have been formed way before we were born and they were growing in numbers. The government had already eradicated them but it seemed that the organization had manage to get back again and to think that they dared to infiltrate this academy, they must be planning something" Mr. Kim said.

 

Silence then overcame.

 

 Different thoughts formed in their minds but none said a word to them.

 

"Just what kind of an enemy this organization is to them" Yoona thought.

 

***

 

Outside of the academy

 

"Two of our men were captured. The man reported.

 

“However, we managed to get what we came for in the academy.”  The man continued to report t his bosses.

 

"We have spent almost a year to make this plan work, to make it as discreet as much as possible and yet, the arrogance of your team members has jeopardize our identity"

 

"We have to move fast, we cannot afford to lose this time. Even if it means we have to kill, so be it. It is time for the authoritarian rule to end and a new reign must emerge."

 

To be continued.

Thank you guys for the upvotes and new subscribers XD . Here is chapter 11... I'm trying to introduce the outside forces in my story for they will help in thickening the plot. Soon, I will introduce my made up characters. I hope you don't mind me inventing some characters lol