Sudden Haze

In Everything Lies the Unknown

hello ! it's me again ! wow the response for the last chapter "Confrontation" was awesome. Actually, I have already planned that scene way before :D hehehe, I hope you like it :D Don't forget to subscribe, vote and comment. And maybe in the future, I mean like 5-10 chapters after, it will turn to a Rated M but i'm still thinking about it ..you might not see this in the Regular Series :D JUST MAYBE and just a heads up. Thanks!

 

Chapter 10

HAZE

*BOOM* (Explosions)

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

 

Yoona and Yuri both heard the explosions making them distracted and panicked.

 

"Wha-What's going on?" Yoona asked forgetting what happened between them.

 

*BOOM*

 

Another explosion can be heard and this time, it was louder meaning it was near to them. Yuri suddenly grabbed Yoona and looked for a place to hide. The two looked around them to see if there was something bad that was going to happen.

 

*BOOM*

 

Then another explosion could be heard. Alarmed, Yuri held on Yoona's hand tighter making sure that Yoona was within her reach.

 

"Attention: all faculty and students please proceed to the evacuation area, I repeat please proceed to evacuation area"

 

An announcement was heard all throughout the campus. Yoona took out her  phone and called Sooyoung.

 

"Soo!, are you alright? What's going on? Is sica with you?" Yoona worriedly asked while Yuri was beside her on guard.

 

"Some people infiltrated the academy!!, Sica is with me ! Where are you? We are on our way to the evacuation, others are already ther--" Sooyoung's line was cut off making Yoona panicked more and decided to run back to Jessica's dorm but Yuri grabbed her.

 

"Don't tell me you're planning to go back there?" Yuri said slight fear could be heard from her voice.

 

"I had to ! Some people infiltrated the academy, Soo and Sica might be in danger" Yoona said.

 

Hearing that some people infiltrated the academy, Yuri began to get more worried. Yuri then decided to come with Yoona in case something happened.

 

They both ran to the dormitory building but they couldn't find both Sooyoung and Jessica. Yoona was starting to get more worried. She did not know why but she had a feeling that something was going to happen badly. She then remembered that Jessica sprained her ankle and thought that Sooyoung might have teleported Jessica to the Hospital.

 

"We need to go to the school's hospital" Yoona said to Yuri. Yuri nodded just following Yoona keeping alert on her surroundings. They were running in the school yard going to the Hospital. As they reached the Hospital, they saw a large fire enveloped the whole building.

 

 Fear suddenly consumed Yoona. She was sweating a lot and took a step backward afraid that she might consumed by the fire too.

 

"Help!! Somebody! Help!!" She could hear faint voices asking for help. She was now breathing heavily, her heart thumped violently because of panicked and fear.

 

She felt suffocated, she felt like someone was holding tightly on her neck, restraining her every move. She did not know why, was she just worried for Jessica and Sooyoung?

 

 Her thoughts were interrupted when Yuri shook her shoulders.

 

"Are you alright?" Yuri asked her worriedly. Yoona looked at Yuri and wanted to talk about what happened in the woods between in them but she knew this was not the right time to do it.

 

"Someone is asking for help, we gotta help them" Yoona said seemed dazed. Yuri frowned at her. Yuri did not know if Yoona was alright, because she did not hear any voices only the loud but faint explosions coming from the whole campus.

 

"Yoona, there are no voices" she said slowly to Yoona.

 

"No!! I hear a boy and a woman asking for help!!... They were going to kill them, the guards were going to kill them" Yoona suddenly yelled. If it were not for Yuri holding her tight Yoona might hysterical right now.

 

Yuri then saw two unknown masked man coming to their way, so she pulled Yoona and hid in the bush. She could feel Yoona's cold sweat and her shakiness.

 

"Come on, we need to hurry up!We have to get back to our base before the imperial guards come here" One masked man said.

 

"Alright ! Alright! Where are the other two?" the other one said.

 

"They are still inside the Hospital, seems like they encounter two students-a teleporter and an ice user" he replied.

 

"Should we help them?" The other man concernedly asked

 

"They can take good care of themselves, even if those students are psychic user they are no match to our gun's bullet. We have other things to do." he smirked as he admired his own gun. And the two left.

 

The imperial guards are part of the government's royal military. They are sent all over part of the world to maintain the power of the royalty in their absence.

 

When the two masked man passed them, Yuri noticed the logo at the man's shirt at the back it was a logo of the Rebel Alliance who are against the government.

 

 "Why are they here?" Yuri questioned herself.

 

 As the two disappeared in their sight.

 

Seeing Yoona looked dazed, Yuri decided that she would go and look after Jessica and Sooyoung.

 

"Yoona, you stay here and I'll go check if they are still inside" Yuri said and was about to stand up when Yoona gripped her tightly.

 

"No, I'm coming with you... Didn't you hear what they said? They have guns and it looks like it's not an ordinary one" Yoona said.

 

Yuri looked at her and she observed how pale Yoona was and she seemed to be sweating a lot. Yuri wanted to ask what was wrong but Yoona dismissed her and proceeded inside the school's hospital.

 

 The whole building was on fire so the two were very careful so that they would not be harmed. As they got on the third floor, they heard some ruckus on the other wing of the hospital so they ran to get near the place.

 

 They then saw two masked man trying to open one of the rooms.

 

Yoona saw that despite the fire burning everywhere the door, where the two were trying to break, was frozen.

 

"Sica must have been inside the room" Yoona whispered at Yuri

 

"Annoying brats ! " The man exclaimed as he kicked the door again.

 

Yuri then decided to appear and release a wave of current towards the man kicking the door.

 

The man was taken off guard, then flew away because of the force, but the other man was able to avoid it and a ball of massive energy ball come out on his palm, then release it towards Yuri.

 

"He is a psychic user!?" Yuri could have only thought as she couldn't avoid what was coming to her because of the narrowness of the hallway.

 

Yoona, hiding behind the wall, went in front of Yuri, then as her eyes dilated, the massive energy ball disappeared.

 

The man couldn't believe at what he saw . His energy ball just disappeared at that instant.

He then heard the girl called her companion.

 

 "Yuri !Now" Yoona exclaimed and Yuri understood as she paralyzed the man making him lost consciousness.

 

Yoona rushed to the door and kicked the door as hard as she could with her adrenaline kicked in. She then saw Jessica with Sooyoung on her lap who seemed to be holding her left abdomen which appeared to be bleeding.

 

Jessica was crying and she had bruises but not as much as Sooyoung's. Before Yoona could approach the two, Yuri beat her to it and approached Jessica.

 

"Sica ! Are you alright" Yuri worriedly asked. Jessica could only nod at her obviously shocked the bullet was meant for her if only Sooyoung did not shield her body to protect Jessica.

 

Looking how dazed Jessica was, how Sooyoung couldn't teleport because of the injury and Yoona who was being hysterical and had been not herself after they approached the fire building, Yuri decided that they must leave and go to the evacuation area as soon as possible.

 

Good thing that some of the intruders were now retreating and going back to their bases if not, they would be stuck burning inside the hospital ,just by trying to hide themselves from them.

 

Yuri asked Yoona who was still dazed to help Jessica carry Sooyoung as they get to the secret passage going to the evacuation area, with Yuri being on guard in case someone could see them.

 

***

 

Destroyed Hospital, wrecked cars and some injured people, the intruders really left a trace in the academy, as to why they were in the Academy? They still did not know. Few hours later, the imperial guards came to the Academy and had arrested some of the intruders. This was the first time there were intruders and it was a very BOLD move to them considering that if caught great punishment would bestow upon them.

 

Yoona's POV

 

I was in a white room sitting in a single bed waiting for the doctor to check if I had any injuries, well the only injury I had was the scratch on my cheek when I was in Jessica's room with Yuri.

 

After we got to the evacuation area which was located in the underground part of the academy, Yuri , Jessica and I immediately carried Sooyoung in the medical facility used for special purposes.

 

 She was bleeding heavily and unconscious. The three of us were soaked with Sooyoung's blood.

 

I looked at my hands, and I saw dried blood. It was not mine. It was Sooyoung's.

 

Then an image of wet blood dripping on my hands came into my mind. Pain. I feel pain.

 

I put my right palm on my head almost covering my right eye while I gripped the sheet of the bed.

 

I pressed hard on my head hoping the headache would go away but it was still there.

 

I suddenly had a difficulty breathing. Then I remember the Hospital being burnt down...Voices asking for help, guards running around and capturing people, a mansion was burning...arghh, the pain on my head, I couldn't take it anymore.

 

I curled up in bed , now putting both of my hands on my head. Someone, please let this pain go away, Please help me ... I couldn't breathe...

 

"Yoona" I heard someone call my name.

 

"Yoona! Yoona" calling me over and over again, trying to help me get back to my senses.

 

Then I felt someone pull me into a tight hug.

 

This smell , it was familiar. I always loved this smell. This lavender scent that I am yearning for so long. I unconsciously wrapped my arm to this person and soon began to relax with her soothing voice.

 

"Hush, hush... I'm here. I'm always here" said the voice and I drifted to sleep.

 

 

To be continued.

I know you are expecting something hehehe but there is a certain time for everything :D I will try to to put the whole plot together as the the chapter continues :D Any idea how the story goes from here? :D