Two Interpretations of Love

In Everything Lies the Unknown

Chapter 17

TWO INTERPRETATIONS OF LOVE

 

"Are you sure this is alright?" Kyungsan's mother asked Yoona.

 

"What?" Yoona just hummed as they walked outside the capitol, glad that she was outside for once.

 

"Going out without the princess' permission? Won’t you be punished?" Kyungsan's mother worriedly glanced in her surroundings afraid that the royal guards were following.

 

"Relax, unnie. I'm just accompanying you for shopping, once you're done, you can leave me here. I want to explore more of the city" Yoona simply said.

 

"Whaaatt!?? I can't leave you here, what if the princess asked me of your whereabouts? I could be executed for all you know" she said.

 

"Hahaha! Unnie won't do that . And the king himself actually encouraged me to go outside and since, I am a white rank now, I have much freedom now compared before" Yoona said as she raised her hand to show her white bracelet.

 

Kyungsan's mom just sighed at how stubborn Yoona is but that's what she loves about the young girl. Yoona was carefree unlike others whose movements were constraint in the castle. Kyungsan's mom was really surprised when the king himself went to the garden just to look for Yoona.

 

She and Yoona were enjoying their morning breakfast together. Since, the princess' birthday is coming, Princess Savannah were busy being oriented about what's going to happen in the party.

 

The two were talking about their everyday lives in the mansion when kyungsan's mom suddenly stood up looked tense, Yoona looked at her wondering at her sudden actions. Yoona looked at her back and saw the King standing and looking at her. She immediately stood up and the two bowed at the king.

 

The king dismissed kyungsan's mom and his guards. He wanted to spend time with Yoona alone.

 

"Your highness" Yoona bowed again showing respect to the king.

 

"Now what, don't I get a hug?" The king playfully smiled at Yoona.

 

Yoona looking at her sides to see if no one was around them when there is none, Yoona loosened up and ran up to the King to hug him.

 

"Uncle! I thought I couldn't meet up with you anymore" Yoona playfully pout. To Yoona, the king was like a father figure to him. Although, he was strict and stern in all his actions, when it comes to her, the king was kind and silly sometimes which was completely different side of him.

 

"I know you miss me, kiddo!" The king said ruffling Yoona's hair.

 

"Wahh, my hair you’re ruining it" Yoona childishly said. The two were playing like that with each other like a normal father and daughter would do.

 

"You've been through a lot Yoona" the king suddenly turned serious looking at Yoona with care.

 

Yoona just smiled at this, "the doctor said that my memories could not be restored anymore" Yoona said as she looked at the beautiful garden.

 

The king did not say anything and the two of them were silent for quite awhile.

 

"Do you want to know your past?" The king asked her. Simple question yet it is the unknown that Yoona was not ready to explore.

 

"I think there's no worth trying to look for what has happened already. It will just make me live from the past"

 

Yoona did not know why but when the king looked at her, there was something different that made her questioned her answer.

 

"Tell me about your school life. How was it ?" The king then asked interested about what Yoona has been up to these past few months.

 

"It was fun, I made new friends. There were conflicts at first but everything went well somehow." Yoona said rather excitedly at the topic of her school life.

 

"I have heard you've been good friends to one of my admiral's child" The king asked.

 

Yoona then blushed and somewhat became alarmed, "Does the princess know?"

 

"Why don't you want her to know?" The king asked rather curious at Yoona's sudden alarmed.

 

"I- I ..." Yoona could not think of a reason. Just why she doesn't want the princess to know her connection with Kwon Yuri.

 

Looking at Yoona's reaction , the king reassured her that the princess had no idea about her friends which Yoona felt relieved somehow.

 

"You are young Yoona, don't let yourself be confined in this castle" the king gave her an advice.

 

"This castle has been my home, uncle. And I don't want to leave your daughter alone, I made a promise that I will always stay by her side"

 

"Will you be happy by that? Do you see yourself staying here in this castle for all your life?" The king said which made Yoona think of the head guard who sacrificed his family lofe for the royals, she does not want that. She wants to live normal and to have freedom.

 

"You are for yourself not for others"

 

What does she really want? What will be of her in the future?

 

Yoona was full of questions and uncertainties that no matter how she ignored these things, it still haunts her.

 

"You have powers Yoona, you are not just a slave anymore. Time will come that you will be able to choose your own freedom. So, explore and enjoy life never limit yourself as I have done that and regretted everything. Fall in love and fight for that love" the King told her with so much care and love.

 

"Why are you so good to me your highness?" Yoona asked but the King just smiled at her and ruffles her hair again. Their conversation ended with a hug coming from the King.

 

The two roamed around in the city and when Kyungsan's mom bid goodbye as she had chores to do in the palace. Yoona was left alone looking around the place. As she was about to turn to the next alley, someone had bumped her causing her to fall down.

 

"Y-You!!" They both exclaimed.

 

"What are you doing here?" They both asked.

 

Yoona then stood up and helped the girl she bumped to stand up.

 

"We always end up bumping each other like this huh" the girl playfully said.

 

"What are you doing here Yul? Where is everyone? " Yoona asked as she tried to look around for others.

 

"I left them with their childish games" Yuri furrowed her eyebrows as she remembered how Hyoyeon and Sooyoung with their silly antics.

 

Suddenly a ring was heard, Yuri picked her phone and answered, "Sica, you and the others can go ahead, I'll just see you in the mansion" she did not wait for the receiver's reply and just hung up.

 

"Where are you going?" Yoona asked.

 

Yuri just smirked at her, "let's have a date"

 

Before Yoona could protest, Yuri took her hand and led Yoona to her car. As they drove, eat and do different things around the city.

 

The sun had set and the car had stopped in front of the massive gates. Yuri looked at the passenger seat beside her. She saw Yoona peacefully sleeping. Yuri unbuckled her seatbelt and leaned towards to Yoona as she whispered something to her and stole a kiss from the sleeping girl.

 

Yoona woke up and looked to the driver seat, Yuri was admiring the view outside. She looked where they were and she was surprised that she was in the Capitol Gates.

 

"How did you--" Yoona was cut by Yuri.

 

"Know where you live? It's simple your unnie is the princess right ?"Yuri just let a small smile.

 

"Since when ?" Yoona wanted to ask her since when does she know her relationship with the princess as Mr. Park specifically told her not to let anyone know.

 

"A white rank roaming around the PSA campus without a master studying at the same school as her. A white rank who was given permission to go outside of the campus even without her master and just needed the principal's permission. A white ran---"

 

"Alright, I get it but does everyone know?" Yoona asked.

 

"No, the others don't know and I don't plan on telling them myself" Yuri said rather against the idea of admitting how Yoona was related to the princess.

 

"I guess you should go inside, you know I could not drive you inside the capitol considering my reputation in the society" Yuri just bitterly laughed.

 

Yoona sighed, “Thank you for today. I had fun really but next time we should go out with others too"

 

"This is our date you know , it would not be good if others would intervene our sweet little moments right" Yuri playfully said as she winked at Yoona.

 

Yoona blushed as she remembered how the two were mistaken as a couple at the park earlier and was asked by the photographer to pose sweetly at the camera in which Yuri gladly agreed. The photographer gave them each the copy of the pictures as souvenirs.

 

"Thank you Yul, I had fun" Yoona sincerely said and she was about to open the car door when Yuri grabbed her arm.

 

"I'm sorry about how acted I before, I never meant any harm when I yelled at you like that" Yuri apologetically said as she grabbed Yoona's hand and held it.

 

Yoona did not know why but as she looked at the frowned Yuri she did not like that. She then lean almost closed to Yuri and traced Yuri's furrowed eyebrow upwards so that it would disappear.

 

"I don't like seeing you look so worried about me" Yoona simply said as she looked deeply into Yuri's eyes.

 

"What is it with you that I could not stop thinking about you, Yul?" She asked softly like she was on a daze.

 

"Yoona , I -" Yuri was about to say something when she caught someone looking at them.

 

"I think you should go. It's getting late" and by that Yuri had ruined her chance as she became distant once again.

 

Yoona sighed not bothering anymore at the sudden indifference. Yuri just looked ahead not even looking at Yoona.

 

"Bye." Yoona simply said as she opened the car and did not look back anymore.

 

"It doesn't matter if you're not strong. I'll protect you with my life"

 

Normal POV

Yoona was walking towards the gate of the capitol as soon as she heard the car drove off, she stopped and put her palm on her chest.

 

*dugeon* *dugeon* *dugeon*

 

"---"

 

Her head hurts once again as she continued her way to the mansion.

 

"Hey Yoong! Where have you been? The princess has been looking for you" Kyungsan's mom said panicking.

 

"Unnie, I met a friend and we chatted. Where is Savannah unnie by the way?" Yoona explained.

 

"The princess seems to be in a bad mood. I could sense that she could kill someone in her sight if you haven't shown up by now"

 

" Relax unnie, the princess won't do that. She is not as bad as you think." Yoona replied couldn't find a reason why the servants were so wary of their movement when they were in front of the princess.

 

"I'll just go upstairs and tried to explain why I was gone?" Yoona said as she said goodbye to kyungsan's mom.

 

Yoona looked to their room but did not found the princess, she looked at the garden, the dining hall, kitchen , swimming area etc. But could not find the princess.

 

She then gave up looking for the princess and returned to their room. Her head was hurting again and her vision was beginning to get hazy. She sat on the side of the bed and reached for the drawer to get her medicines but could not find it.

 

"Looking for this?" Princess Savannah suddenly appeared holding the bottle of pills.

 

"I've been looking for you unnie, where have you been?" Yoona asked still holding her head in attempt that the pain would go away.

 

"Isn't the other way around? After those countless of meetings about the party, I did not find you in the room." The princess said as she approached the young girl and laid Yoona's head on her lap and then she massaged it. Yoona closed her eyes as she felt her unnie's massage.

 

"I went out and just roam around the city" Yoona simply explained.

 

"Without me nor even asking my permission?" The princess said. Yoona noticed the sudden change of tone in the princess voice.

 

"Are you mad?"Yoona carefully asked. "No, It’s just that I don't want you to just roam around outside palace without me or without my knowing. I can't protect you if you are not with me always Yoon" the princess explained still massaging Yoona's forehead.

 

"But the King said I could go outside and even if I don't have your permission " Yoona said.

 

The princess stopped massaging Yoona's head and Yoona felt the tension building the two of them.

 

"He really have to say that huh?"She said more than to herself than to Yoona.

 

“Yeah, since I am a white rank, he said I’m not just a mere servant anymore” Yoona said sitting up as she was face to face with the princess.

 

“You are not, even before. You are mine Yoona, I have never looked at you as a mere servant” the princess pointed out.

 

“Why are you so good to me unnie?” Yoona asked once again.

 

The princess then got closer to her and caressed her face. She leaned in close and said, “because I always love you“ and then she kissed her.

 

 

Normal POV at Yuri’s

 

Yuri was skipping while going inside her mansion. She just went back after her supposed date with Yoona. She took a picture (a souvenir from their date) from her bag and looked at it. She and Yoona were looking at each other as if they are on their own world.

 

“Do you know how much risk you are taking if you keep on insisting what you want?” A voice of a man was heard.

 

Yuri looked at the source of the voice, she already knew who the owner is, “Is it wrong for me to make a move on her, Father?”

 

“There is nothing wrong in fighting for your loved one, my child.  My question is, are you strong enough to face what seems to be the biggest challenge of your life? Yuri’s father questioned her. His father was aware of everything that is happening.

 

“I have already made my decision” Yuri firmly said.

 

“You will lose everything you have in fighting for her just as she lost everything protecting you”

 

To be continued.

 

Sorry for the late update guys. The date here was not told because I am planning on making it as a special chapter in the future. It depends if you want it or you want to proceed to the "Masquerade" Chapter. Please do continue supporting this story and let me know what you think. Thank you for all the subscribers, votes and comments. Please do continue to support SNSD .