CHANGE OF PARTNERS

In Everything Lies the Unknown

CHAPTER 35

CHANGE OF PARTNERS

 

"Find her!" one man in the black suit instructed to her companions as they scattered around the warehouse.

 

Yoona was panting so hard clearly exhausted from all the running and escaping she had been doing.

 

"Yoong , are you alright? Can you hear me?" Sica said in her intercom.

 

"Yeah,  I'm ok" Yoona said as she pressed a button in her ear to reply.

                                                                                                              

"Do you want me to come over? You are being surrounded already!" Sica said worriedly.

 

"Just get the files and I will distract them. If you use your power, they might discover us" Yoona said as she looked over the wall she was leaning on and then, there was a gunshot causing the bullet to hit the wall near Yoona's face.

 

"Damn!" Yoona inwardly cursed as she clutched her right eye. The forced of the bullet hitting the wall had scratched Yoona's eyelid.

 

"She' Over there!!" the man who fired the gun shouted alarming his companions.

 

Yoona ran and told Jessica that they only have 10mins before they escape the warehouse.

 

The men guarding the warehouse were too focused to one infiltrator that they did not notice a blonde girl entering the control room and now accessing their system copying all the files in stored in the database.

 

Jessica heard some gunshots and tapping her fingers out of patience wanting to help Yoona.

 70 percent and a little bit more before they can get out of here and when they do, Jessica could only hope that Yuri would not kill her if something bad happened to Yoona.

 

Then again she noticed that Yoona had been somewhat trying to have less interaction with Yuri in public ever since, the princess officially leave the academy.

 

She wondered what happened to Yoona and the princess that it made the doe eyed girl request to switch partners.Her thoughts were interrupted when a man opened the door of the control room.

 

"I knew it!" the man said but before he could tell the others, Jessica had knocked her down already.

 

"Yoong, we've been discovered. Time to stop playing hide and seek" she said in her intercom.

 

Jessica heard some struggle sound before the girl speak.

 

"Alright, I'll get the car and hurry up with there before they called back up" Yoona said obviously panting.

 

Jessica cleaned up the table making sure that they did not leave any evidence.

 

Yoona walk slowly as she went to where their car was secretly parked. Some men were lying on the floor in pain and others unconscious.

 

Good thing that Yoona has a fast reflex if not; she could have been cornered by these men.

 

Her fighting skills especially hand to hand combat really came in handy against with enemies who did not have much ability.

 

Yoona sat on the driver seat patiently waiting for her partner. While waiting, Yoona took some bandage on the front compartment applying first aid to the scratch in her eye. She then heard the car door opened and Jessica  sat comfortably on the passenger seat.

 

"Did you get what we are here for?" Yoona asked. Jessica smirked as she threw all of the things she was carrying at the back of the car.

 

"Of course, it's a piece of cake" Jessica said while looking at Yoona's wound.

 

"Next time, I'll play the bait and you do the technical stuff" Jessica suggested.

 

"Ha! Are you kidding? We both know that you hate running" Yoona said laughing. She started igniting the car's engine.

 

"True" Jessica shrugged and smiled at Yoona in return, the young girl shook her head muttering how unbelievable her new partner was and drove away.

 

Upon arrival at the academy, Jessica handed a flash drive to Kenji.

 

"Well done." he only said. The two nodded in acknowledgement and left his office.

 

"Yuri will be hysterical when she knows that I let you be the bait "Jessica said to Yoona.

 

"Don’t worry, she won’t be hysterical if she doesn’t find out" Yoona winked at her.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. “Yeah right, what are you going to say to that bandage on your right eye?"

 

"hhehhee... Hyori unnie will heal it. Don’t worry"

 

Jessica sighed then looked seriously at Yoona,

 

"Why did you even requested to switch partners? Did you two fight?"

 

Yoona let out a small smile expecting to be asked about it. "I. want to find out something unnie and I can only do that if she won’t interfere. Other than that we are ok. In fact, I asked her for a date tomorrow" Yoona said with her trying to sound cheerful at the end to lighten the atmosphere

.

Jessica looked skeptical but shrugged. It was not her business after all.

 

Yoona and Jessica soon separated away with the latter going to her room to rest and Yoona going to Hyori's room.

"Is this your new hobby? Visiting me in my room in the middle of the night? "Hyori said leaning on the door frame teasing Yoona.

 

"I need to ask a favor from you, unnie" Yoona said as she pointed out her wounded eye.

 

"hmmm, why don’t you ask Taeyeon or Sunny...anyways,  come in" Hyori said.

 

"Are you hungry? I still have leftovers from the fridge" Hyori said motioning Yoona to sit on the sofa.  Yoona politely decline her offer for food.

 

Hyori nodded and sat in front of Yoona untangling the bandage Yoona put before.

 

Hyori could see in Yoona's eyes that there is something bothering her. She perfectly knew that the young girl did not come to her room for just a treatment.

 

"So, what is the actual favor you want to ask me about?" Hyori said.

Yoona let a small smile. The older perfectly knew everything about her.

 

"Tell me unnie...what are the odds that Yuri knew me even before I came to this school?" Yoona said frankly. Hyori looked straight to the girl trying to find out if Yoona's memories came back.

 

"What makes you say that? Are you sure you’re not just imagining things? Maybe it was just a coincidence that she gets to be familiar with you that easily" Hyori stated. It is too early for Yoona to know.

 

Yoona leaned in closer to Hyori so that her unnie could perfectly understand that she was not there to hear some excuses.

 

"Unnie, we both know that you know a lot about me and Yuri. If you don’t tell me what  i have to know. I guess I will just find out about it myself" Yoona sternly said.

 

Yoonna let out a bitter smile, "You are underestimating me, unnie."

 

"Then, why don’t you tell me what you know?" Hyori challenged.

 

"Should I?" Yoona asked.

 

Hyori inwardly smile, figuring out the young girl was always a challenge to her.

 

She did not know if Yoona was just tricking her to spill what she know or she really knew something which would really get her in trouble.

 

"If there are things that I know then, I don’t think it is my place to tell. Why don’t you just Yuri instead of searching for answers behind her back"

 

Yoona then tiredly leaned on the couch, holding the bridge of her nose obviously frustrated how stubborn her unnie was.

 

"I can’t. I secretly looked at her things the other night and she might get mad for me"

"Sneaking behind your girlfriends back would really get you in trouble"

 

“Also, I don’t want to confront and know that her reply was just a mere lie” Yoona said. Hyori remained silent.

 

"I was desperate alright!? I don’t want to regret not doing anything when my time with her is limited, unnie" Yoona said

 

"Limited? How so?" Hyori asked wondering if something happened to Yoona.

 

"Savannah unnie....I really did not know how it started but it was like she became a different person"

 

Hyori motioned for her to continue.

 

"She said these confusing things but you know I am not stupid. I easily figure it out" Yona said frowning a bit.

 

"Figured what?"

 

Yoona took a deep breath closing her eyes in the process.

 

"There was never a coincidence to all of this and I am going to find out everything no matter what it takes" Yoona said looking at Hyori with determination.

 

Hyori did not say anything anymore. She knew the girl was very determined now/

 

She thought that it was the best for the girl to find out more but the question is, would the young girl handle the pain, lost and betrayal of her past?

.......

Yoona walked back to her room obviously wanted to call it  night. It was a long and unproductive day for her.

 

She did not get the information she badly wanted to know. After Savannah left the academy, Yoona felt that the admins were watching her every move.

 

If Yoona could easily ask for the principal's permission to go outside the academy now, it was harder for her.

 

"You should contact the princess and ask for her ppermission. Only she has the right to grant what you are seeking. After all, you are a white rank"

 

Yoona narrowed her eyes at the man's statement but silently nodded. She was being called to the Principal's office and asked to change her partner and inform her about the instruction of the princess. Yoona looked uninterestedly expecting it somehow.

 

 She did not want Yuri get into trouble and she did want to make her girlfriend worry too much. Thus, she followed what the princess wanted but she would never break it off with Yuri. She made it clear to the principal asking him to deliver this message to her unnie.

Yoona reached her room and finally lay down on her bead tiredly.

 

 She then got something on her pocket which appeared to be a picture. She smiled sadly as she looked at the picture until she fell asleep. Somehow, it was the only solace she could have when Yuri was not around.

 

“I never regret sneaking into your room. What I regret is doing these things behind your back” she thought.

 

 A picture of a young doe eyed girl with her arm wrapped around a certain young black pearl's shoulder. They were smiling widely.

 

The heart that loves is always young.

 

To be continued.

Hey guys, I will have three chapters more for this month. :D Just wait and see what happens next. Sorry for the short update.