SIMPLE YET MEANINGFUL

In Everything Lies the Unknown

CHAPTER 36

SIMPLE YET MEANINGFUL

 

Yuri woke up to the light sipping to her window.

 

She forgot to close the blinds last night and fell asleep waiting for Yoona to send her a message that she got home safely.

 

She lazily moved her body to the side still on her bed and plainly staring at the wall. After a few minutes, she got up with a heavy sigh.

 

"How ordinary", she thought as she proceeded to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

Yuri immediately got dressed and did not bother to dry her hair up anymore.

 

She went to the kitchen to prepare her usual ma juice but as she got closer to the kitchen she smelled the delicious aroma of pancakes and the sound of a juice maker.

 

That was strange though, if Sica would cook it would normally smell a burnt food.

 

She carefully walked to the kitchen trying not to make a sound so that, she would not distract whoever the person invading the kitchen.

 

And when she got a good look on the person, she smiled leaning on the doorframe watching the person on her apron maneuver the room as if she knew every side of it.

 

The girl felt that she was being watched and so, she turned around.

 

"Hey, Good morning Yul" Yoona smiled widely as she saw the person who was watching her but soon frowned looking at Yuri’s wet hair. Yoona walked towards the tanned girl and pulled her close to where she was.

 

“You’ll get sick if you don’t properly dry your hair. It's going to be autumn and the weather is getting colder" Yoona scolded as she make Yuri sat on the chair and grabbed the towel on the girl's shoulder to use it to  dry Yuri's hair.

 

Yuri did not utter any word and just lovingly looked at the girl in front of her.

 

"You know, I could get used to this" Yuri said as she encircled her arms to Yoona's waist pulling her closer.

 

"What?  Me, scolding you" Yoona joked.

 

"Hahaha, no... silly. You being here with me in the morning" Yuri said as she pulled Yoona so that she could capture her lips.

 

"Ahem ... I did not let you in Yoong just to see you in the kitchen making out with my Best Friend" Jessica smirked knowing that she was being an interrupting the heated moments.

 

Yoona just laughed as she went back to the kitchen counter to prepare their breakfast with Yuri deadly looking at Jessica for being such an .

 

Jessica smirked and sat on the dining table.

 

"Mmmmm... it smells delicious. I can't wait to taste your pancake, Yoong" Jessica said.

 

"Don’t you have any other plans aside from disturbing us" Yuri asked smiling so sweetly at her best friend.

 

"Ouch, my Yuri doesn’t want me here" Jessica pretended to pout.

 

"The food is not enough for the three of us so just ask Sooyoung to eat with you. Believe me, she will gladly accept your invitation" Yuri said.

"It's ok Yul, there is enough food for the three of us. You don't have to be so harsh to Sica unnie" Yoonna said as she gave Yuri and Jessica their share of food.

 

Yoona then sat beside Yuri and put some syrup to Yuri's food. Yoona was acting too sweet to Yuri that Jessica cringed at the sweetness especially seeing Yuri opened and munching whenever Yoonna motioned her spoon towards Yuri.

 

“Ok, I've had enough. Bye Yul , bye Yoong" Jessica said leaving her food untouched.

 

Yoona then pulled Jessica's plate towards her and ate it.

 

"You did that on purpose, did you?" Yuri asked.

 

Yoona just innocently blinked as she takes a bite of the pancake. Yuri smiled, "You sly woman" she joked.

 

"Hehheh. Now for our date, I believe it's my turn to take your breath away" Yoona sweetly said.

 

"Well, we could start by doing this “Yuri seductively said as she stood up from where she sat and sat in Yoona's lap.

 

Yoona amused by Yuri's action. Yuri smirked as she saw the exciting eyes of Yoona, She then captured the doe eyed girl's lips.

 

What started from sweet and innocent kiss turned into passionate one. They were in the heated moment and Yuri was on the process of ing Yoona's shirt when the girl beneath her stopped her.

 

"Aren’t I the one in charge for today?" Yoona amusingly said.

 

Yuri pouted and said she preferred their day to be spent locked in a room and making love.

"You are spoiling the fun Yul... let's clean this up and follow me" Yoona said cleaning what they ate.

 

......

 

The two were now near the end of the campus where the never ending walls dividing the famous establishment and the outside world stood strong.

 

Yuri curiously looked at the doe eyed girl wondering why they were there.

 

If Yoona wanted to go outside the campus, why not go in front and at the gate instead of going at the end of the campus where the wall with heavy security and barrier stood in front of them.

 

Yoona like she could read Yuri's smiled said "Don’t you think sneaking around has more thrill than being goody two shoes?"

 

"Since when did you want you be a rebel one?”Yuri suspiciously asked.

 

"Hahaha, Don’t over think and just follow my lead" Yoona said hoping that Yuri will not ask further.

 

The truth was she would most likely be rejected to go out if it doesn’t involve school activities.

 

Wherever she goes and whatever she does, she could feel some eyes watching her.

 

So in order to enjoy the time she has with Yuri, it is better to have those prying eyes gone and what could be the best way is to get away from the campus.

 

For sure, these people will panic if she will not be seen even for just a short while but Yoona perfectly knew that they would not report it to the Princess because it would just show that they failed at their task of watching her.

"You know that it is clearly impossible to bypass these walls right? One simple touch and you will get electrocuted. Some people have tried to sneak out but ended up in the hospital for weeks" Yuri explained folding her arms to her chest as she observed Yoona looking ahead of the walls probably thinking of the ways to sneak out.

 

"Don’t tell me the great Kwon Yuri is scared" Yoona smiled sheepishly without looking at Yuri still looking ahead.

 

"Scared? I just stated the facts. Also, our family designed the barrier and the security measures" Yuri proudly said to Yoona.

 

"So that explains the high volts flowing throughout the walls" Yoona said with admiration.

 

"So, I guess you could find some loopholes to this tight security" Yoona asked.

 

Yuri frowned. "No, there are no loopholes. The barrier was made and tightened from our family's power. There is no way someone can get pass through this...Ohhhh" Yuri suddenly got an idea about what Yoona was implying and narrowed her eyes.

 

"If you think you can get pass through these walls using your power then, you can’t. Even if you negate the barrier, as soon as we touched the wall, it will just trigger the alarm"

 

"Who said about climbing on it? Dont you remember I teleport" Yoona said to her smilling obviously excited for about what she will do.

 

"It’s too risky Yoong, you know how the walls work. Do you remember Sooyoung tried also teleporting outside these walls ? She managed to get outside but collapsed in a nanoseconds because of the electric current barrier. You might---" Yuri did not finish her talk when Yoona grabbed her and winked.

 

"You worry too much Yuri" she said and Yuri could feel her vision became blurred and her body float.

 

Soon, two of them stumbled on the floor and when Yuri looked around, they were now outside the walls without even a scratch.

 

Yoona sheepishly smiled at her and pulled the stunned Yuri until they were in front of a car which was hidden perfectly.

 

"I ask Sica unnie to help me plan our date" Yoona said

 

"That explains her car here" Yuri said thinking that Jessica might have parked her car here.

 

"So, where are you taking me?" Yuri asked smiling for now she will just enjoy whatever Yoona plan was.

 

“I have always wanted to look around the city of Seoul. Why not have a stroll around the city like normal couples would do right?" Yoona said as she sat on the driver seat.

 

"Don’t you even know how to get there?" Yuri said clearly amused.

 

"Of course, I do my own research and I cooked some delicious food today" Yoona said.

 

Yoona drove around the city until they reached the central park of the city, both of them wearing their casual clothes to blend in with the crowd.

 

Yoona grabbed the basket of food from the back and at the same time holding Yuri's hand tightly as she led her to the center of the park.

 

"You will love it in here. Sica and I saw this place after we were done with our work" Yoona told Yuri.

 

Yuri was just listening to Yoona while smiling. She really loved Yoona being talkative to her.

 

Yoona noticed that Yuri was silently looking at her with her famous killer smile.

 

“What? Is there something on my face?" Yoona asked suddenly became conscious of how she looked.

Yuri shook her head. "Nothing, I just can’t believe that someone beautiful like you is my girlfriend" Yuri sweetly said as she went closer to Yoona who was blushing. She then pecks at Yoona's lip.

 

"You and your sweet talk, Yul" Yoona really loved the affection Yuri was giving to her.

 

When they get to the center of the park, they set the area by placing a large cloth for them to sit on and took out the foods from the baskets.

 

It was simple date but enough to express their overflowing feelings to each other.

 

Yoona's POV

 

I smiled widely looking at how happy Yuri was today.

 

 When I first saw her in the academy, I thought about how dangerous to be near her because of the cold aura and dangerous look she was always showing to everyone around her.

 

We were not at each other’s favorite at first but when I had a chance to get closer to her, I unknowingly put Yuri at a special place in my heart. The cold exterior of hers was long gone and replaced by a warm loving smile in which she only showed to me and my friends.

 

A gush of wind pass by our area, I then gently tucked Yuri's hair behind her hair preventing it to block the beautiful face that I love to see everyday.

 

I want to know more about the girl in front of me. Any information that Yuri will willingly tell me instead of me sneaking behind her back, was alright with me.

 

I am not that stupid to not be aware of the connection between Yuri and Savannah. I know that between the two, I am somewhat involved. But for now, I just want Yuri to be open towards me and hear her side in this brewing mess we were about to deal in the future.

 

"Hey Yul....tell me about your family" I took a gamble and asked her. Yuri's smile faded a little bit.

 

"Hmmm...You already know about my family. I am Kwon right" Yuri said.

 

"No, I want to personally know you. I want to hear your own stories and not coming from others " I said looking at her with so much interest.

 

Yuri looked at me for a minute like she was figuring out something but then she sincerely smiled at me motioning to lay down at her lap.

 

"Alright, I'll tell you. In exchange you will tell me your story too. Ok?" Yuri said and I nodded as a lay comfortably at her lap letting Yuri caress my hair lovingly and here I am ready to listen to Yuri’s story.

 

To be continued.

Hello guys :D Here is an update. I did promise to have three chapters for this month and I will try to update two chapters before the end of this month LOL. Hoping that I can do it... Thanks for the interest in this story and I am on the process of finishing this story as I need to move on the 2nd part in which more actions and more progress will come out.

To answer the inquiry about how did Yoona get the picture, it actually indirectly stated in the previous chapter.

Furthermore, about her knowing the truth, it is too early because.... (clue: Flashback Yoona vs Present Yoona) what do you think is the difference? Please let me know if you all know the answer by giving a comment on this chapter ;) If you have questions, please feel free to ask.