Chapter 42

In Everything Lies the Unknown

Chapter 42

Following her extensive nightly routine before sleep - to which includes showering,  drying off, toning, mosturrizing and othher kinds of cold cream that can put on her face - Jessica emerged from the bathroom  an hour later. 

"You know we could have stayed in your dorm where it is much bigger compared to mine " Sooyoung  said sitting on her bed comfortaably as she glanced at Jessica as the girl emerged on her nightly silk gown.

"I dont mind sleeping on the less fortunate room like this" Jessica nonchalantly said and Sooyoung just secretly rolledout her eyes for the implied insult. In fact Sooyoung did not have a choice when the ice queen herself approach her and ask more like demand to let her sleep in Sooyoung's room pointing out that they need to work on a project together as partners and some lame reasons that the tall girl could easily identify as bluff but pretended to believe her because of good intentions. Jessica wanted Yuri to be left alone as she knew that her best friend might need to use their shared dormitory to invite Yoona for a talk. 

"Well it is fortunate for you, my queen , to have the highest honor to sleep on the couch outside so get out ...now that you are done showering and spoiling my own bathroom" Sooyoung sheepishly grinned and asking Jessica to leave her room so that she could finally sleep.
Jessica, who was hoping that Sooyoung will have the courtesy of giving her own bed for her, just rolled her eyes at the disappointment. 

What a douche! She internally thought. Oh well, one night of sacrifice in the couch can do no harm to her and Jessica will not obviously beg for

Sooyoung's entertainment. So she proceeded outside the room and to the mini living room to settle herself in the couch when she noticed a movement on her peripheral vision.

When she turned her head , chills ran down her body and her blood practically turned cold. She froze in place, just staring at it. And behold, there was a large spider on the wall creeping down from the wall to the floor towards the couch. She suddenly let out a loud scream as she jumped on the couch.

Tears welled in her eyes at the sight of the spider coming closer to the couch . When the spider was about to touch the couch to climb for it,  she screamed once again and bolted away from the couch and into Sooyoung's room. It was the fastest she'd ever moved in her entire life. While she stood inside Sooyoung's room leaning at the closed door trying to catch her breath, Sooyoung was eyeing her skeptically as she removed her headset from her ears.

"Why are you in here again... ? This is my room unless you want to..." Sooyoung asked, her voice dripping in nervousness as she wrapped her arms on her body protectively.

"Wha-? Ewww ! Don't flatter yourself too much !" Jessica said flustered by the idea of what Sooyoung was trying to imply.

"Then shoo... go back to sleep, I am trying to catch some sleepiness here and you are destroying my concentration shoo" Sooyoung said as she gestured Jesssica to get out once again.

Sooyoung then noticed Jessica's scared expression.

"What's wrong?" The tall girl then asked now clearly worried as she looked closer to the terrified girl.

"There is so-something outside"

"What is it ? Who?" Sooyoung said now alarned as she stood up from her bed to approach the girl and comfort her.

"A-a.."

"What?" Sooyoung said now grasping Jessica at her sides.

"a..a-a Spidey" Jessica whispered looking down at the floor/

"A what ?" Sooyoung asked again as she did not here it right?

"A spidey" Jessica whispered but lod enough for Sooyoung to hear/

"A spiderman ?" Sooyoung asked in confusion.

Jessica who does not want to keep on repeating herself looked at Sooyoung staright in the eyes and said very slowly.

"A S-P-I-D-E-R" 

Sooyoung did not utter anything and the two just looked at each other for a few torture seconds especially for Jessica. Then when the tall girl could not hold it anymore, she bursted out laughing.

"Y-yah !!Stop laughing at me. There is a goddamn bug on your living room and it's disgusting. Kill it !" Jessica barked.

Sooyoung then laughed more. Who would have thought that a bad spoiled brat like Jessica could actually be scared in a tiny little creature.

"Yah!.. Please do seomthing.." Jessica said as she then let out a quiet plea. Sooyoung noticed that the girl was actually terriefied apologized and get out of the room to see what had gotten the ice queen all shaken up, Jessica was following her while clutching her back and hiding.

When Sooyoung saw the tiny spider on the center of the couch, she groaned. Was she serious?Sooyoung then teleported a rolled newspaper from the kitchen onto her hand and used it to smash the tiny little creature and disposed the dead bug into the trash.

"There problem solved. Now can we go back to sleep as we have assignments outside of school tomorrow" Sooyoung said tiredly and saw Jessica silently nodded. Sooyoung then walked into her room and finally laid on her soft bed. She then felt Jessica followed her and inched over to her bed beside her.

"What is it now?" Sooyoung wondered out loud when she saw Jessica cuddling her pillow. Cute.

"I am not sleeping in there" Jessica said as she let herself get comfortable in Sooyoung's bed.

"Well, I hate to break it to you...but I am not sleeping on the couch for you" Sooyoung announced bluntly as she also settled on her bed beside Jessica.

"Well, where am I supposed to sleep, then ?" Jessica asked cluthcing the pillow tight in her arms.

"Uh, on the couch.I killed the bug already" Sooyoung said turning to her side to face Jessica.

"No, I'm not sleeping in there. There was a spider" Jessica reminded her, like it was a logical reason for her not to sleep on the couch.

"So? There are spiders everywhere" Sooyoung reasoned out but then, got ignored as Jessica pretended to sound asleep. Sooyoung rolled her eyes at her and eventually laid down beside the girl. She will not sacrifice a good sleep just to give in to the ice princess.

"Fine.  Just don't take advantage of me when I'm asleep" Sooyoung muttered quitely and succumb to sleep.

"It doesn't matter. You're mine anyways" Jessica whispered quietly as she too followed Sooyoung into sleep.

**The next morning**

Yoona decided not to go to the morning general class and proceeded to Hyori's office to consult with something.

She knocked three times out of politeness before entering the room. Noticing that Hyori was not inside the office decided to wait for the older girl as she scanned her surroundings. There were a lot of cut off news papers and encircled topics about the newly established hospital that the government had established. As she was about to reach it , the door suddenly opens making her retract her move.

Surprised by the unexpected visitor, Hyori entered her office with a files on her hand and approached the doe eyed girl.

" I didn't expect to have an early visitor today. Aren't you supposed to be in class, Yoona" Hyori asked as she approached her table and discretly move away the documents which did not go unnoticed by Yoona when she  make way for her professor.

"I skipped the morning class today to ask you something" Yoona said as she sat down when Hyori motioned her to take a seat.


"Well, this must be very important as you obviously don't care to a young girl's need of education" Hyori teased as she sipped down her mug of coffee.

Yoona remained unfazed and just waited for the professor's undivided attention. Noticing Yoona's serious demeanor, Hyori decided to get down into business.

"There is this guy named Cho Hwee Sung. Do you know or have you have any idea who he is ?" Yoona asked watching Hyori on how would she react.
Hyori then calmly looked at her and think of the name,"Choi Hwee Sung..., yeah, I know him. He was one of the best teleporter user in the world. He was

Sooyoung's grandfather. Why ? Did you know him ?"

Yoona secretly flinched. So, she was not lying. He was really Sooyoung's grandfather.

"No reasons, I just kind of heard him from one of the teaachers who admired him" Yoona said smoothly. Hyori then has this look that Yoona cannot explain but decided not to wonder much about it and ask what she really came for.

"So... do you know how he died? " Yoona quietly asked.

"hmm... I don't think it is my place to tell you Yoona. It is something of the past after all and clearly, it is not my place to tell. Sorry." Hyori said.

Yoona nodded solemnly understanding that she willnot get any information from Hyori.

"But I will tell you this Yoongie" Hyori then continued looking at her. Yoona attentively listened to her.

"No matter what happened to the man was something that only fate can control. No one could be blamed but the greediness and ugliness of this world"

Hyori said seriously as she drank from her coffee again.

"You seemed different Yoona. Has something happened with you and the princess? "Hyori pried.

Yoona smiled a little, "No, I'm still me. I feel different, yes, but I feel like everything has sense now to me"

"What do you mean?" Hyori wondered.

Yoona smiled, "I thinkwe both know the answer to that right ?" and said sadly as she gazed her newly bandaged arm. 
Hyori followed her gazed and knew what the young girl was talking about. The older girl then got up and took something from her drawer/

"Here put this fingerless glove on your right hand . It will conceal the mark so you won't need to bandage it anymore" Hyori said as she helped Yoona removed the bandage and put the glove on.

"Thanks unnie. I guess I have to go, it's almost time for us to meet with Kenji for that weekly assignment outsid the school" Yoona explained and Hyori bid goodbye to her.

As soon as the doe eyed girl went outside of her room , Hyori grabbed a sketch pad and pencil to draw Yoona's mark when she saw it.
"This is no ordinary mark. Tsk, I would have never thought that the princess is capable of placing a curse mark at this early stage. " Hyori said to herself with remorse.

Yoona-ya, have you remembered? Why go all the trouble to find out who is Choi Hwee Sung? Please for your sake do not look for the answers you will regret on knowing.  Hyori thought as she trace the sketched mark.

 

Meanwhile...

 

Yuri was sitting at the back of the class looking out the windows when Hyoyeon approached her.
"So, Yoona is not here. Did you tire her out yesterday " Hyoyeon asked wiggling her eyebrows at the suggestive idea. Yuri rolled her eyes at her antics .
"There is no reason for us to "tire out each other" as you may call it. We have no business with each other anymore" Yuri said seriously which Hyoyeon was clearly surprised. 

 

"Wa-wait, what ? Don't tell me you and Yoona... " Hyoyeon did not have the courage to continue her question upon seeing the painful expression of Yuri which thankfully was unnoticed by the other students.
"I'm sorry Yuri. It was so insensitive of me" the blonde girl apologized to which Yuri just nonchalantly shrugged showing that it didn't fazed her when it was clearly the opposite.

 

Hyoyeon clearly did not know what to but instead she squeezed Yuri's shoulder in a comforting manner letting her know that the blonde is always there for her to talk to both her and Yoona, maybe not as a couple but as friends. Sooyoung and Jessica then entered the classroom. they were about to ask about Yoona and Yuri but Hyoyeon just solemnly shook her head and by that gesture the two knew that the outcome was nothing good. 
A professor in charge for the general class entered and started getting attendance. Yoona's friends noticed that Yoona did not go to the class and they can only sigh. Tiffany and Seohyun were in another class learning about medicines and human operations which they think might come in handy in the future. 

 

Oh well, they will all be meeting later in the afternoon for the weekly assignment and for sure, kenji will not tolerate any absences especially for a student who has gone for more than a month. 

 

To be continued.