New Team, New Enemy

In Everything Lies the Unknown

New Team, New Enemy

Chapter 22

Jessica's POV

"Never thought you are a loner type" Yoona jokingly said as she sat down in front of me eating an apple.


I just gave her my infamous glare but it seems that it did not faze her at all and just sheepishly smiled at me.

"So, how’s your arm? How does it feel having Yuri being your “right hand” for weeks" I said gesturing a quoted air to the word right hand.

Yoona then throw the apple upwards I looked up and it fell on her right hand.

"All healed and good as new." Yoona said smirking. I rolled my eyes at her sillyness.

I looked at Yoona and I could not stop myself admiring her all the time. She was tall and slender with poised in every action she took.

 She was playful and not afraid to show what was on her mind. She was very beautiful in my eyes and Yuri was so lucky to have her.

I recalled the masquerade party that was held before.

Yoona was the infamous mystery person whom the Princess had danced with. I wonder what will be the reactions of all the people here in the dining hall if they know about this. I smiled a little knowing that they will be surprised.

"You are spacing out again" Yoona said staring at me with her chin resting on her right palm.

I shook my head.

"I am staring at your large forehead, you pabo" I said while hitting her adorable forehead.

She pouted while trying to shield her forehead as I threatened to poke it again.

"Cute" I thought.

"Ehem. Seems that two of you are busy ogling each other" I looked up and Sooyoung was standing with her tray of foods.

She invited herself in and sat beside Yoona as she put her long arm on Yoona's shoulder.

"Neh, Yoong. Where is Yuri? How odd that you are not with her today? And instead you are here hanging out with the ice princess "the best friend" " Sooyoung said looking at me.

I eyed her a "what" look but she ignored it. Not much I care anyway.

I sensed some uneasiness at Yoona.

"Yoona is just accompanying me here coz I'm bored. You don't have to put some meaning in a kind gesture Soo" I hissed at her.

"Maybe because you are a bore" she retaliated.
"And you--"

"You two should stop it. You are attracting too much attention" Yoona said before I can throw an insult to Sooyoung.

"Well, Excuse me Yoong. I think I have already lost my appetite. I'll head first" I said then stood up not bothering to turn around as Yoona called out my name.

Yoona's POV


"Sica!" I said but she continued walking.

I then looked at Sooyoung who was busy eating her pasta not giving a care at all.

I slapped her in the shoulder.

"Ouch !! What was that for Yoong?" She exclaimed rubbing her shoulders.

"What is wrong with you? Are you like in period or something!?" I asked frustrated at her behavior but she just acted like she was innocent.

I decided to walk out too as I might say something mean to her.

"Hey, wait. Where are you going? Classes is not yet starting until 9am" she called out.

"We have a meeting at the principal's office and I don't want to be late. I can't just teleport there like you do" then I began to head to the admin building.

All the students in our special class have felt the weight of the responsibility but no one had backed out. Was it pride? Honor? Or just some simple stuuborness?

In our combat class, there will always be someone who will have a serious injury. There is always blood splattered across the floor or on the wall, but our substitute professor told us that we have not seen the half of what was actually happening outside.

I then recall the incident when the school was infiltrated and Sooyoung was heavily injured.

"Are we going to fight like that in the future? Why must there be bloodshed?" I muttered quietly.

"You want to be strong right?"

Shocked. I turn to the right to see the nurse who helped me treat my wound weeks ago.

"What are you doing here? Don't tell me you are one of Yuri's crazy fans who wants to warn me to stay away from her or else something "bad" will happen?" I asked mocking her.


She looked at me amused and stifle a laugh.


"What!?" I asked rather irritated. Do I look like I'm trying to be funny here.

"You seem agitated all the time. Honestly, seeing you like this is really something new to me, Yoong" she said which really annoy me.

"Stop calling me by nickname and stop acting like you know me . I don't even care if you're Yuri's family friend. So please do me a favor and don't bother me" I said. I realized that it was harsh by seeing the shocked look on her face but at the back of my head told me that just let it be.

So pride overtook me and decided not to take back my words.

"Ok look Hyori, I--"

"Unnie" she cut what I am trying to say.

"What?"

"Call me unnie not Hyori. I am older than you and at least show me some respect" she simply said looking at me seriously now.

I gulped. I suddenly felt nervous.

"Hyori-sunbae" I said instead. I don't want to call her unnie and we are not that close for me to call her like that.

"I said unnie" Hyori said and stepping forward to me.

"Hey, I called you sunbae. Didn't I!? I think I have already gave you the respect that you want. So, if you'll excuse me. I don't want to be late in the meeting" I said hoping our conversation will end here.

But I felt my gaze shifted and out of the blue I was slammed to a tree with her holding me tightly at my shoulders.

I looked at her warningly to let go of me but when I saw how serious she is. I decided to give her what she asked for.

I pushed her hard making her stumble back.

"What is your problem!? Are you really looking for a fight?" I said now frustrated. I do not want to be seen as a violent woman but people are always trying to tick me off.

"You've gotten weaker. Are you really sure you can survive outside of these walls? Tell me Yoong, how can you protect others when you cannot even protect yourself?" She said.

"You have no idea what I am capable of. So, you have no right to judge me" I said trying to stay cool at her.

She smirked at me and then she took what appears to be colored crystals from her pocket and throw it in the air.

 I was lost for a moment when it began to explode right through my face.

I heard a loung ringing in my ears. For a moment I could not hear a thing and my vision was blurred.


*cough* *cough*
Smoke surrounds the two of us.

The explosion was really big that if I had not deflected her attack I would have been in parts right now.

I could not breathe properly *cough* *cough*.  


I looked at her and saw that more crystals thrown in front of me as soon as it lands, it exploded.

"Stop!! What are you doing!?Are you trying to kill me" I shouted. I stepped backwards still on the floor.

"I told you awhile ago that you've gotten weaker. If you don't survive this then, It's better for others to think that you're dead Yoona"

I don't understand what she was saying. Is she crazy? Is she really trying to kill me!?

She was taking some crystals from her pocket again. I then ran deep to the forest. I need to ask for help. I need someone. I need to call Yuri--

What am I doing? Asking for help? Calling someone, calling Yuri. Am I really that weak to depend on others that badly!?

Normal POV

Yoona ran into the forest knowing that in an open area she stood no chance against Hyori.

She suddenly stopped her tracks, distracted to what she had thought about the situation.

Then, suddenly a crystal appeared near her right foot. It exploded before she could even try to move.

Yoona was lying on the floor. Her face against the floor as she tried to get up.

"You've got another injury and that's because you fight like a normal human being" Hyori said as she stepped close to where Yoona was.

"Tell me Yoong, how are you gonna survive if a simple fight like this you could not win?"

Yoona still lying on the floor could hear Hyori clearly.

And as much as she hate to admit it, the nurse was right.

She had good reflex, she knew how to fight and she got an ability but if you compare this to others like to the level of Hyori...she stood no chance.

She tried to look up and she met Hyori's eyes.

She observed the situation she was in.

Indeed, she was helpless what more in the outside world where people would not spent a second to kill a person. But she wanted to be strong and she wanted to protect someone.

For once, her life had meaning and she would not waste this purpose because this is the only thing that she could hold on to.

She does not care what will happen in the future and she is prepared to shoulder the consequences of her actions.

Therefore, she stood up limping while holding her left elbow.  She faced Hyori and readied herself for another round.

Hyori sighed, "still not ready to give up huh..You are really stubborn" she said.

Hyori looked at Yoona and how badly she had wounded her but still Yoona had shown no fear and no intention of backing out which irritated Hyori.

"Are all of these pain really worth it ? Does this suffice everything you have lost!?"

When Hyori received no response from Yoona it only agitated her more just like before, Yoona never change.

"STOP ACTING LIKE A HERO AND FOR ONCE YOONG LEARN HOW TO GIVE UP & SAVE YOUR OWN SELF" Hyori shouted as she ran up to Yoona and punched her in the face.

Yoona ready for any attack faced Hyori head on and a series of throwing punches and kicks began...

Principal's Office

"Is everyone here already?" The principal said as he entered his office.

The students as well as their instructor showed respect to him as they bow to greet the principal.

"No, sir. Yoona-ssi has yet to come" the professor said.

"I am already asked for others to find her and drag here if it is a must" he continued.

"Haha, you don't have to be so rough to your students Kenji" principal said as he observed every students in Kenji's class (substitute professor)

He looked at the student at the back. The tanned girl, in return, looked at him.

"After all this is what to expect from an Im" the principal smirked as he saw the reaction of his student.

"Excuse me sir?" Confused. Kenji asked

"No matter, your student must have a reason why she is late. Let us just wait. Shall we?" The principal said as he sat down leaning from his black leather seat.

Moments passed then a knock was heard outside.

"Oh, that must be Yoona ssi" principal asked somewhat calm and it scares the hell out of the students well except for some.


The old principal, Mr. Park, has been replaced by someone strict and more mysterious man named Mr. Lee Min Woo. His background was unknown to all and no one knows why someone like him was appointed. But one thing was know to the whole campus, it was Park Ji Soo, half brother of the King and the Head of the Council- the Congress of the Aristocrats who appointed him for certain reasons unknown.

 
The principal rarely show himself to any school events or activities and ever since, some people infiltrated the school grounds all the administrators in the school exercise zero tolerance for every student who disobey the rules especially the curfew.

Kenji the professor walked and opened the door.

"You are late" kenji simply said staring hard at the girl.

"Sorry prof, something came up suddenly" Yoona said as she stepped inside the office.

The students looked at her. She bowed to everyone and to the principal apologizing for being late.

The principal easily dismissed it made a little comment about Yoona.

"Well at least you are wearing the uniform properly" principal muttered as he observed that Yoona was the only one wearing her blazer on with full button up.

"Where were you ? I thought you were going to go first but instead I arrived before you" Sooyoung whispered to Yoona as she walk to the group.

Before Yoona could utter a reply, the principal started the meeting.

"As you all know that for the next two years the curriculum you have chosen will focus more on the career you will have outside of this academy"

"This is not some child's play and For sure by now, you know what it means to work side by side the government"

"If you want to be an agent for the government, you must ready yourself as you will not be seeing injured people..." The principal then stopped his talked as he looked the students one by one.

Some were nervous, some were calm and some were indifferent.

"There will be times that you will kill people in return not to be killed..."

"You will not survive with a half hearted conviction. Compassion or some sort of kind heartedness will only cause trouble to your life" the principal said as he looked directly at Yoona and smirked.

Yoona avoided his gaze, "half hearted conviction huh" she thought as she remembered what Hyori said to her after their fight awhile ago.

"After this day, you will not be doing homeworks or writing essays... Kenji ssi, would you like to do the honor" the principal said.

"Certainly sir, everyone listen up. There are twenty students right now inside of this office and time will come that only few will left. You are not going to be normal students whose only problem is how to barely pass examinations. We are talking about your life on the line here. So from now on, you have to train hard and you have to learn to control your abilities. For now until you graduate, you will form a some sort of ally who will be by your side. So, grab a partner who you can trust your life wholeheartedly and that person will accompany you in every task we set for you" professor kenji asked.

"Task!?" Yoona thought. What kind of "task" would require a partner? She then was alarmed when she felt a hand held her own.

"It looks like you are going to be stuck with me for awhile" Yuri whispered behind Yoona.

Yuri hugged Yoona behind. She did not even care if anyone will see them together after all, she was observing from afar how the new principal secretly looked at Yoona from time to time. She did not like that. She then walked to Yoona and gave the signal to the principal to back off.

What was the point of hiding when eventually everyone would find out? Yuri thought as she caught the principal looking more like glaring at her.

She just smirked at him and encircle her arms around Yoona's. It is not her character to be wary about other people would say.

Yoona noticing how Yuri was taunting the principal just sighed and ride with what Yuri wanted. After all, she knew it all along that her Yuri was never the type to back out a fight even if she was at a disadvantage.

Nevertheless, Yoona was happy because Yuri was willing to show to everyone their relationship and she should too but Yoona knew that Yuri taunting the principal was such a bad idea.

Ten pairs have now formed divided into two teams.

The first team consists of Yoona & Yuri, Sooyoung &Hyoyeon, Jessica & Tiffany, Suho &Sehun, and  Taemin & Key.

The second team consists Gyuri & Nicole, Hyuna & Hyunseung, Jihoo & Jihoon, Minjae & Woojin, and Ryujin & Shin.

"You are all going to be in a team from now on and soon you will all realize what is really behind the society. So, prepare yourself as you will lose more that what you have bargain for"

To be continued.

Hello everyone ! I have heard a very dissappointing (not sad) news that Jessica is not gonna be part of SNSD anymore. As much as I do not like the idea, we just have to accept the fact and stop mourning because someday I know there will be a chance that they will be alright again with each other. Let us just support all of them alright?! Do not be so heartbroken at least we know that they are still there. Hoping for the best !

Will update soon ! I promise XD !