Drastic Change

In Everything Lies the Unknown

CHAPTER 37

DRASTIC CHANGE

A few months later

Savannah always says that the worst kind of betrayal did not come from your enemies nor strangers that you have only interacted once. These people who are less significant in your life can never inflict pain to you more than a bite from a mosquito. Reason ? Simple. You have expected nothing less from them. The WORST and SADDEST kind of betrayal could only come from someone you trust, someone the very least you expected to hurt you a million times,

The feeling of broken trust could make you vulnerable, lost and the weakest you will ever be. However, how will you go after it? Would you survive or would succumb to the darkness? No one but yourself can ever have the answer.

There were many people that had gathered. From the high ranking authorities to different local authorities, from different members of the rich family to aristocrats, from democratics to professionals but one person stood among them all – the young blonde woman facing the casket which was surrounding many flowers with messages of “Here lies the greatest king” “Our beloved King” “The King who conquered all”.

The princess mind was blurred and seemed to be blank. Nonetheless, it was not surprising. After all, the death of a family member was really a shocking and at the same time devastating moment. When you were in the eyes of everyone, whatever you are feeling must be put on hold as you do not have time to actually feel it. Well that was how Yoona remembered Savannah telling her.

Yoona and together with the other students of the academy were at the furthest bank of the hall were the wake was held. Yuri then held her lover’s hand tightly and in return, Yoona was tightly held hers while looking in front still with her eyes were red and puffy but no tears had fallen anymore.

Yoona sauntered around the palace’s main hall. It looked solemn with multicolored stained glass windows mixed with visitors wearing black. She could hear how the rain trickled down. The floor was carpeted; the ceiling was high with enough space for music and voices to echo. The king’s casket was beautifully arranged with the silver and gold lining which was being surrounded by flowers to commemorate the once ruler of the kingdom. It was a sight of honor and great pride – a sight in which Yoona was dreadful to see especially all she saw that moment was the death of the person she grew fond of – a father figure she could ever come close.

Yoona’s reverie was interrupted as she took a glimpse of the princess turning around and looking at her directly. Even at a distance, Savannah could easily find her, The princess subtly tilted her head in a direction where she wanted Yoona to go with her. The doe eyed girl got the hint and nodded. As she took a step to move out of her place, the hand who was giving her comfort prevented her in taking a further step.

“Yuri…” Yoona called her out in a whisper like voice.

“Yoona…” Yuri looked at the girl with concern. The doe eyed smiled reassuring her girlfriend that everything was alright or was going to be alright.

“She needs me more than anything right now” Yoona said.

Yuri did not want to let go but then, Hyori’s hand was on her shoulder. The tanned girl looked at her young professor who just shook her head while giving Yuri an apologetic smile. She could not do anything but to let go Yoona’s hand.

The students and faculty members who attended the funeral knew the connection between Yoona and the princess. Thus, they did not question when the doe eyed girl suddenly disappeared.

Savannah was sitting near the window watching the dark clouds taking over the sky as the rain poured heavily eery minute.

“You have nothing to worry about anymore. I am with with you, my child. Always and forever will be.” Park Ji Soo, her uncle said as he put a hand on her shoulder. Savannah just kept on looking outside not really giving a care about what was happening.

“I only want one thing, uncle. One thing that all I have ever asked for in this world” Savannah said indifferently.

Uncle Park Ji Soo listened and smirked as he watched Savannah’s eyes in the reflection.

He leaned closed to the princess, close enough to make his words clear to his child.

“And so, you will have it together with everything now” He uttered with greed and menace in his voice.

*Knock* *Knock*

Yoona then entered the private room.

“I’m sorry. I hope I didn’t interrupt anything…I’ll just—“

“Don’t worry. Nothing was interrupted. Savannah, your beautiful doll is here. I shall leave you alone with her as I need to be outside now” Park Ji Soo said as he kissed the princess’ head crown goodbye and ignored as usual the presence of Yoona as he stepped out of the room.

Silence once again was taking over the room. Savannah kept on looking outside the window while Yoona looked at her not making an attempt to get close to her.

What happened between before the princess left the academy was still on the young girl’s mind but then, she needed to put it aside as she knew that her unnie needed her more than anything right now.

“It looks like no matter what I do, no matter how much effort I gave into everything…my greatest fear has come to haunt me once and for all.” Savannah said as she broke the silence with her cryptic message.

I am sorry about your loss, unnie. Your father was a great man” Yoona said with regret her voice.

Savannah’s lips twitched and much to Yoona’s surprise, the princess laughed. A kind of laughter that made the doe eyed girl cringe and took a little step back instead of taking a step closer towards the princess.

The princess then stood up and looked at Yoona with an empty big smile.

“It is more of a loss for you than for me. Don’t you think?” Savannah said as she walked towards where Yoona was.

Yoona then felt something different from the princess. Different but she tried to understand her unnie. After all, grieving was something she could never understand but understood. That was why; she let the princess walked closer to her as much as her heart wanted to step away.

 “Betrayal is something that I can’t ignore, Yoona” Savannah said as she came face to face with the young girl. The princess admired the girl’s beauty as she caressed her beautiful face. Yoona did not say anything but stood frozen in a room where there was only the two of them.

“You wouldn’t do that to me, right ?” Savannah innocently asked her waiting for the young girl’s answer.

“Wha-, what are you saying, unnie?” Yoona asked completely confused by how the princess was acting.

“Swear it” Savanna demanded as she held both Yoona’s arm.

“I…wait. You’re hurting me, unnie” the doe eyed girl said as she winced from the pain from being held so tightly by the princess.

“I said, swear it!” Savannah hissed as she commanded the girl but then, Yoona did not want to give in no matter how much she pitied her unnie’s loss. She knew that swearing something to the princess will change drastically her life –to what little freedom she ever though she has and she would not risk it.

Yoona tried to get out of the princess’ tight clutch but it only made it worst for her. The princess slammed her on the bookshelves making the doe eyed girl hit her head hard with some books falling out of the shelves from the impact. She became dizzy and feeling a little headache but then she remained firm and decided to reject the princess’ command.

Yoona looked directly at Savannah’s fury eyes and uttered something that made the princess lost her sanity.

“No, you can’t make me do things that I never want to do”

Savannah let out shrill laugh as her eyes now turned into pitch black.

“We’ll see about that”

Before Yoona could react, a group of guards suddenly appeared at the door with electroshock prods and a metal chain cuffs on their hands. Yoona realizing what was about to happen reacted faster as she used what she learnt in the academy and pushed the princess with so much force as she tried to teleport outside the room. The princess retaliated as she grabbed the prod from one of the guards and electrocuted Yoona who was about to disappear.

The electrical shock had made Yoona dropped down on her knees and with the electromagnetic interference on her brain, she became weak and her mind could not come up with another plan. Yoona never expected her unnie to lashed out like this to her and she could only hope that Yuri will not learn any of this right now.

Savannah then clasped Yoona’s neck lifting her off the air on the process as she threw her on the other side of the room hitting the table and breaking it on the process because of the force while the guards stood on the side waiting for the princess’ orders.

“Do you really think that you could escape me that easily, Yoona?” Savannah said with venom in her voice.

Yoona weakly tried to stand with her wobbled legs obviously still had the after effect of the electric shock but failed miserably.

“Snap out of it, Savannah! You are not like this” Yoona desperately called out to the princess but the older girl just let out a bitter smile at her.

“You have no idea how much power I hold especially with you” Savannah said kneeling in front of Yoona.

“Don’t worry, I will still keep my promise with the dead king. I will let you finish the school but I just have to make you realize something, Yoona” the princess said speaking like she had no care about the death of her father.

“No one can defy me..not before, not now and most importantly not in the future” Savannah said as held down Yoona and a piercing sound was echoed inside the room with continuous blinking light appeared with sounds of electrical current.

After a couple of minutes but for Yoona it felt more than hours, the torturous pain stopped but she was unable to move anymore as she felt all her energy was drained to none. The princess then motioned for the guard to held her up and tied her hands with metal chain cuffs. Yoona being weak couldn’t stand properly and her head hang low.

Savannah lifted her head up and looked up to Yoona’s glazed eyes. She knew that the doe eyed girl could still hear her.

“Don’t worry, I will make sure your Yuri will understand everything after you return to the academy”

And then, Yoona succumbed to darkness.

“I never thought that you could become this harsh to her.” a woman wearing a white coat said leaning on the wall watching what has transpired. Savannah ignored her as she watched the passed out Yoona being dragged away to the room.

“That blood sample that I took from her during that night at a club came handy after all. Without it, we wouldn’t know the connection between her and that man” She further said.

“Aren’t you supposed to be spying on the rebels, Jessie?” Savannah stated not really caring about the woman being in here.

“Aren’t you supposed to be mourning?” the now named Jessie counterback.

Savannah smiled as she looked at her.

“I am celebrating”

To be continued.

Hi guys ! I decided to post this new chapter as I realized that I kept you waiting for so long and it would not be fair if I update you only after finishing my five chapters. You have waited for so long and I hope you did not give up on me.

Anyways, "Jessie" in the last chapter already made an appearance in the previous chapter. I still hope you remember that scene. I still have one nameless character but obviously(or only I know of this), you have an idea who is the person I am referring to.

Let me know what you think :D