Tears of Gratitude

Genie

You got up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet.

Walking out, you looked over the boys as the moonlight lit their faces. You squatted and looked at each and every one of their faces.*

You went over to Dongwoon's side and put his blanket back on him. *Aigoo, our maknae.*

You then bent over to Kikwang and swept his hair out of his face. *Eye-smile Kikwang.*

Kneeling next to Doojoon, you swept your hand across his cheek, like you were dusting it. *Leader Doojoon. And now, a baker too.*

You muffled your laugh with your fist and squatted next to Hyunseung. *Secret dancer Hyunseung.*

*Secret buddy Yoseob.* You smiled warmly, as memories of you and Yoseob sitting at your secret spot emerged in your brain.

Then, you stopped at Junhyung. *Our bad liar, Junhyung.* You smiled, as you reminisced the time you spent together today. About him lying being just as good as you in shooting targets when you knew that he was only shooting the lower pointed targets just so the points matched up. *Thank you.*

Just as you thought those words, tears were rolling down your cheeks. *This has been the best birthday.*

A hot tear fell on Junhyung's cheek, waking up to see a crying you.

"Oh my… ~~~~-ah! Why are you crying!? Did we do something wrong!? Did you not like the party!?" Junhyung panicked, as he whispered, trying not to wake the others up.

You shook your head and smiled. "You guys didn't do anything wrong. It was great. I loved it." You Junhyung's hair and smiled through your tears.

Junhyung felt an impulse to hug such a fragile you. He leaned in and hugged you gently, leaving you sobbing on his broad shoulders.

"It's okay ~~~~-ah. Like Dongwoon said, we'll be celebrating many more birthdays with you, so don't cry now. Save your precious tears for other things, okay?" Junhyung gently pulled you out of his embrace and wiped your tears away.

He turned you around so you were gazing out the window with him, his arm around your shoulder. "It's a beautiful night tonight," Junhyung said. *But not as beautiful as you.*

Soon, you fell asleep with your head leaning on Junhyung's shoulder. Junhyung looked down at you, eyes overflowing with admiration, gratitude and, love.

*I love you, ~~~~. And I hope to tell you someday.* He kissed the top of your head and laid you on your sleeping bag, sleeping next to you.

----------

^^