Date Night

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin followed Naeun inside Eunji’s apartment. His eyes were wandering around. The apartment is really good for two people. The living area is across the front door, the dining and kitchen area are on the left side, while the two bedrooms are facing each other behind the living area. Eunji’s apartment is not that girly, with white walls and dark wood furniture. More like simple and ordinary. Just like Taemin’s apartment.

It’s just a coffee.. plus he waited for me just to return my scarf. Naeun prepared two coffees. She’s really nervous being alone with a guy. She looks at Taemin who is standing while his hands are inside in his parka.

“Please sit down.” Naeun said. Taemin immediately sat at the three-seater couch and took the coffee in the hands of Naeun. Naeun sat at the single-seater couch.

“Where is Eunji?” Taemin asks and took a sip from his coffee.

“She’s in Jeju. She’s there to interview someone, but the interviewee’s flight got delayed so she needs to stay there until tomorrow.”

“So you’re going to be alone tonight?”

“Yeah..” Naeun nods.

“How did you know our address?” Naeun suddenly asks Taemin.

“I asked Suho hyung. I’m sorry for coming unannounced.”

“It’s ok. What time did you arrive? And where did you sleep?”

“I was here at exactly three pm, your neighbour said that you always come back at exactly six, so I waited.. in my car… I slept unknowingly... then when I woke up it’s already passed six, I used the elevator in the parking area and then I found you shaking and panting..”

Naeun paused a little.

“Thank you for returning the scarf.” Naeun smiles sweetly. Suddenly the doorbell rings. Naeun put down her cup in the table and quickly sees the monitor.

“Annyeong-haseyo. It’s the security.” Naeun opens the door and Taemin went behind Naeun.

“Annyeong-haseyo. What is it?”

“Someone taped this out-of-order sign in the elevator.” The security showed the paper that was taped at the elevator a while ago.

“Right, that’s why I used the fire exit.” Naeun’s eyes blinked twice while looking at the security.

“But…. the elevator is perfectly fine.” The security said. Naeun’s eyes widened and she gulped.

“What? How did that happen?”

Taemin immediately went in front as he heard the security and stole the paper in his hands.

“Wait, you mean someone taped this so that no one can enter the elevator?! You mean there’s a dangerous person in this building? How can you call yourself a security?”  Taemin scolds the seuurity but he didn’t raise his voice.

“I’m so sorry sir.” The security bowed to Taemin.

“What about the CCTV camera? What happened today can give her a trauma.” Taemin just scolded the security while Naeun was standing behind him who looks so worried.

“I’m sorry sir. I’m sorry ma’am. We’ll promise to tighten the security and capture the person behind it.” The security bowed heavily to them. Taemin face looked so pissed like he wanted to punch someone in the face. He pressed his lips harder as he was really worried. Naeun went back and sat at the couch. She buried her face in her palms while Taemin had some talk to the security.

When the security left, Taemin immediately sat and talk to Naeun.

“You should talk to Eunji, leave this apartment as soon as possible. Someone followed you. While you’re here don’t use the fire exit alone.” Taemin looked at Naeun. But Naeun is still look so worried.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to frighten you.” Taemin sighed.

“It’s ok. I guess we should leave.” Naeun wet her lips and bit it afterwards. Taemin sees that she doesn’t look ok since she’ll be alone tonight.

“Want to go out?” Taemin suddenly said.

“Hmm?”

“You look so worried. It will help you to forget this stressful day.”

“Where are we going?”

“MD”

“MD?”

>< 

 

Taemin opened the door of his for Naeun. This is her first time to sit in a car alone with a man. She can’t help but to feel nervous.

Is this really alright? Naeun inhaled as she felt uncomfortable now that she’s sitting beside Taemin and not long ago she thinks Taemin look so cool or more handsome when he is seating in the driver’s seat.

“Put your seatbelt on.” Taemin said but Naeun is having a hard time pulling the seat belt.

“I think it’s stuck.”

“Let me do it.” Taemin released his body in the seatbelt.

“Excuse me.” Taemin said to Naeun since his body is very close to her face. Naeun didn’t even breathe for a while until Taemin pulled the seatbelt and gave it to her. The air became silence and became awkward. Taemin fake a cough and said something.

“Let’s put some music.” Taemin presses the button and Plain White T’s Let me Take you There plays. Taemin pulls the gear shift and starts to drive. The road is perfect. There’s no traffic but full of beautiful lights.

“During winter, I really miss eating egg bread.” Taemin suddenly said.

“Nado, I remember eating it during middle school and high school. Where do you usually buy egg bread during middle school, sunbae?” Naeun said while looking at Taemin.

“Sunbae? It’s too formal, I’m not really use hearing words like that because I never got a chance to talk to a junior o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter