Fate

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun walks closer to them while tears are still falling from her eyes. She was shaking while looking at her friends. They were all looking down; feeling sorry for her, feeling sorry for him.

Krystal stood up and held Naeun’s arms. Naeun held her hands and looks straight into her eyes.

“Where is he? Tell me. Where is he?....” She said.

Krystal looks down and gulped.

Eunji suddenly went closer to her.

“Naeun…” She said.

Naeun closes her eyes and looks at Eunji.

“…why? Why didn’t you tell me? ….Why unnie? ….How can….How can you do this to me? …why?” She said and covers her eyes as her tears are flowing nonstop.

“I’m sorry… it’s just that… We were so afraid… we’re talking about your father here, darling… that’s why we couldn’t tell you… I’m sorry…” Eunji and wipes her tears.

Naeun cries but soon she suddenly went and hugged Eunji.

“’…I’m sorry…” She said.

“No, no…. we are the ones who should be saying that…. I’m sorry… I’m sorry, darling…I’m sorry..”

Namjoo and Ms. Kwon cried while they were looking at them. The boys and Krystal couldn’t do anything. All of them were just looking down feeling sorry for them.

Jinki gave Eunji and Naeun a glass of water to calm them.

“…I want to see him…” Naeun suddenly said.

“..we still don’t know where he is… Maybe… he already went back to Seoul… We don’t know… we can’t contact him too….” Jongin said.

“This is my fault… I’m the one who pushed him… I pushed him away…” Naeun said and tears fell again.

“..ssshh… don’t say that… Maybe he just went somewhere to think of something..…. Taemin loves you…. right?” Eunji said while gently her back.

“I want to see him.”

“You’ll see him soon.”

“….It is never too late to start over…” Krystal said to her while wearing a smile.

All of them kept on sighing while thinking about Taemin and what happened to him.

“Seriously, where the hell did he go?” Woohyun said.

“I don’t know… I have no idea.” Jongin said and sighs.

Suddenly, all of their head the same direction after hearing a sound of car engine near the villa. After it stopped all of them look at each other and gulped.

“What do you all think?” Kibum said.

“Let’s go.” Jongin said and everyone stood up and immediately went outside the garden. Jongin leads them while Naeun was behind Krystal. When they reached the entrance door, a jaw-dropping moment happened.

They can’t believe to see Taemin, coming out of the car with two paper bags in his hands.

After locking his car, Taemin paused as he saw the faces of his friends looking at him.

He gulped and bit his lip.

“…..why are you all----….something’s wrong?” He said.

“Where the hell did you go!?” Jongin yelled.

“I went to the gas station to fill up my car….and went to buy Busan delicacies why?”

“You should have told us!”

“We thought you already went back to Seoul!” Woohyun frowns.

“Yeah!” Jongin said.

“Went back? My bag is still in our room, Jongin… You didn’t notice?” Taemin said while controlling his laugh.

“…your bag?” Jongin blinks.

“..yeah. It is still there.”

“I can’t believe we became worried for nothing...” Kibum said.

“It’s because of Jongin’s fault…” Krystal said.

“I’m sorry.”

“…Can you…. tell me what’s going on here?” Taemin said while looking at them. He looked at Naeun but she quickly looks away.

Everyone looks at Naeun. Taemin wondered.

“…I guess we all need to evacuate…” Myungsoo said.

“Yeah… except for Naeun.” Kibum said.

Taemin blinks and wonders.

“…yeah… we’re going first.” Jinki said.

When everybody left, Naeun gulped and took a deep breath before walking closer to Taemin.

“…something’s….wrong?” He asked.

“Can we talk?”

“..of course…”

She sighed and gulped.

“Let’s go somewhere. Get in your car.” She said.

Taemin awkwardly turned and unlocks his car. Naeun quickly got inside and pulled the seatbelt. Taemin got in and throws the paper bags in the backseat.

He awkwardly looks at her as he doesn’t what he will do next.

Naeun sighs.

“Drive.” She said.

Taemin starts his engine and quickly got out of Suho’s villa. While driving, he can’t help but give Naeun a lot of glance. She was just looking straight outside, no expression at all.

“Where are we going?” He said.

“Just keep driving… I’ll tell you when to stop.”

They reached Haeundae park and Naeun suddenly held his arm to stop.

“….stop the car.” She said.

Taemin quickly turned his car and parked on the side. He turned off the engine and both of them left the car afterwards. Taemin quickly followed Naeun. She stopped walking and immediately cross her arms while looking at the beach of Haeundae.

Taemin stands beside her and gulped.

“…what do you…want to….talk about?” He said.

“…I already knew what happened…” Naeun said. Still looking at the beach.

Taemin paused for a second and looks at her.

“…who told you?”

“No one…. I just happened to heard everything…”

Taemin looks down and close his eyes for a second.

“…I’m sorry… I couldn’t tell you… I don’t want you to get involved…I don’t want you to--”

“We were in a relationship.” Naeun turned her head and looks at him.

Taemin lift up his head and looks at her.

“Oppa, I’m your girlfriend…… It takes two people to make relationship work, right?…” She said.

Naeun wipes her face and sighs.

“Naeun, it’s your father that we’re talking about here---” He said.

“I don’t care….I can understand that… What did you think of me? I wouldn’t understand that? I wouldn’t understand that situation?” She frowned.

“…I’m sorry… I couldn’t think straight at that time….. All I want was…..to ask for your father’s permission…to visit you… to see you……because I knew you were waiting for me……” Taemin’s tears started to fall.

“…you should have said it to me….”

“I’m sorry…I’m sorry for not thinking about it carefully… I’m sorry…” Taemin covered his eyes and cries harder.

Naeun wipes her tears and suddenly, she hugs him.

“…I’m sorry…I’m sorry…” She said.

 

 

>< 

 

 

After two hours, Taemin and Naeun went back at Suho’s villa. They didn’t say anything to each other after getting out of the car. Naeun entered the villa first followed by him.

“Annyeong.” Ms. Kwon greeted them with a smile.

Naeun gulped.

“…I will just… go upstairs.” She said and left them.

“…ok.” Ms. Kwon awkwardly nodded and turned her head to Taemin.

“…I’ll fix my things…excuse me.” He said.

“…ok…” Ms. Kwon blinks.

Suddenly, the gang who were secretly hiding somewhere, revealed themselves after Taemin and Naeun went upstairs.

“What do you think happened?” Eunji said.

“Honestly….I don’t know…” Ms. Kwon slowly shakes her head.

“…are they together now? I couldn’t tell?” Krystal said.

“Me too.” Jongin said.

“…did they fight?” Kibum said.

“…otokke…” Namjoo bit her nail.

“Stop worrying….. We didn’t know what they talked about… What they just acted in front of us is normal… It’s very natural for them to act like that… don’t expect them to be lovey dovey suddenly…” Jinki said.

“He’s right…. Now, let’s all go back to our own business and stop thinking about them.” Eunji said.

“What happened, really?” Namjoo said while looking at Krystal.

“I don’t know… I want to know too..” Krystal pouted.

“Shh… stop that? What if they heard you talking about them?” Eunji said.

“We were just curious.”

“Me too. But we need to keep it in ourselves.”

 

>< 

 

Naeun and Taemin did join them when they had lunch but they still didn’t talk to each other, though they are giving each other a slight smile whenever their eyes meet.

When the evening came, Taemin was busy preparing his things in his bedroom. Suddenly,  someone opened the door.

“…oppa.” Krystal came.

“What are you doing here?”

“…..although….they told us not to stick our nose in your business… but I really really want to know what happened...I can’t help it…”

“You’re really stubborn…”

Not long after Krystal came, Jongin suddenly appeared.

“Taemin-ah…….------Krystal?” Jongin blinks as he was surprise to see Krystal in their room.

“Jongin.” Krystal bit her lip.

“Why are you here?! I’ve been looking for you.” Jongin frowns.

“I’m sorry… I just want to—”

“Taemin what happened between you and Naeun?” Jongin suddenly said.

What?! So he came here too for that? Krystal thinks.

“I can’t believe these idiotic lovebirds…tsk” Taemin covers his eyes.

“…what?” Jongin said.

“….Ok, ok...I’ll tell you….we’re ok, now. Naeun and I are ok now…” Taemin said.

“..ok? you mean you and her—”

“It’s already ceasefire.”

“What ceasefire?” Krystal frowns.

“I mean… everything was already cleared up…She did…forgive me…We have…peacefulness now…Like that…”

“Can you be more specific and straightforward?” She said.

“Yeah..” Jongin agreed.

“…We’re talking about your status here, oppa...What’s your relationship with Naeun now?” Krystal said.

Taemin paused for a second and sighs.

“...well…honestly…… I don’t know…” He said while shaking his head.

“What do you mean you don’t know?” She said.

“Krystal…it’s not like… we can get back quickly--”

“But…she already heard everything… you did try to fight for her--”

“Krystal...what we have now… is ok for me… at least…everything was cleared up........I hope you all understand us… It’s hard for me and Naeun too…”

Krystal bit her lip.

“…I’m sorry.” she said.

“I’m sorry, bro.” Jongin said and pats Taemin’s shoulder.

“It’s ok……Now, you two can go and stop disturbing me.” Taemin said while smiling at them.

“Whatever happens… we’re just here.” Jongin said.

“Thank you.”

 

>< 

Naeun was standing on the balcony when suddenly Myungsoo came.

“…why are you here?” She said.

“Your smile lit up the balcony so I had to come over.” He said with a teasing smile.

Naeun chuckled.

“May I have the distinguished honour and privilege of standing next to you?” He said.

“…of course..” Naeun smiled.

They both sighed and looks straight in the garden. Myungsoo stares at her and wets his lips.

“…are you going to tell me? Or I will guess it?” He suddenly said.

Naeun chuckled and took a deep breath.

“...well… we’re… fine?....Fine.” She said without looking at him.

“Fine? That’s a nice answer… I really expect that.” He teased.

Naeun laughs silently and wets her lips.

“Well…I don’t… really know what to say to him… I was shaking while talking to him… He was crying… and I was crying…………. We really suffered a lot… We wasted a lot…” She said and sighs.

“Yeah…but after your break up… you did grow, right? ….and I think…Taemin did too… Sometimes… it’s better that people break up so they can grow up…..It takes grown-ups to make relationship work…”

Naeun looked at him and smiled.

She sighs and closes her eyes.

“…I missed him…really…I missed him a lot…” She said.

“Of course. You love him.”

Naeun smiled and opens her eyes.

“But… I still don’t know what to do… I mean…our relationship---”

“Just take it slow… If you don’t know what to do…let him lead the way…”

Naeun presses her lips and sighs.

“Taemin sure did suffer… If I were in his place… honestly… I don’t know what I will do…” Myungsoo said.

Naeun blinks.

 

>< 

The time for them leave Busan has finally arrived. Everybody was all ready to leave Suho’s place, especially Taemin who will drive again for seven hours.

“Oppa… will you be ok?” Krystal said.

“..yeah..”

“Take care.” Eunji said.

“Drive safely.” Suho said.

“Taemin drive safely.” Jinki said.

“Yeah… I’m going first. See you.” Taemin unlocks his car. As he was about to get inside his car, Naeun suddenly came in front of him, panting.

“…wait.” She said.

“…what is it?...”

“...can I...come with you?”

What?! Krystal’s eye widened.

Oh my… is she going to make the first move now? Eunji smirked.

All my prayers are heard…Thank you Lord!  Ms. Kwon closed her eyes.

“…are you sure? It’s another long trip…” Taemin said while blinking.

“If you don’t want--”

“No, no, no, I like it. Of course…”

Naeun took a deep breath and gulped.

Taemin grabbed her bag and opened the door for her.

“We’re going first.” Taemin said.

“Take care.” Eunji waved her hands to them.

Suddenly, Myungsoo came and speaks to him.

“...Taemin.” He said.

Taemin turned and blinks.

“Take care of her.” Myungsoo said.

“…yeah. Thanks.” Taemin smiled at him.

He opened the backseat and throws Naeun’s bag, he closes the door and opens the driver’s seat.

“We’ll leave now.” He said.

“Bye!” Krystal said.

“Good bye.” Kibum said.

“Unnie, see you at the house.” Namjoo said.

Taemin moves the car backward slowly while leaving Suho’s villa. Naeun closes her window and looks outside. She waved her hands to her friends and smiled at them.

Thank you everyone…

 

>< 

 

Taemin luckily left the traffic jam happened while leaving Busan. He and Naeun are still not saying anything to each other.

While looking on the road, Taemin sensed that Naeun was looking at him so he turned his head quickly to check. But when he did, Naeun immediately looked away and suddenly hums a song.

Taemin chuckled. He gulped and decided to break the silence.

“Ummm…  I just noticed you noticing me and I just wanted to give you notice that I noticed you too.” He said.

Naeun laughed silently and immediately controlled it afterwards. She turned her head and smiled at him.

“…good morning.” She said.

“Good Morning.” He said.

Suddenly, when Taemin reached the smooth road of Gwangan bridge, his head kept on turning to the side to glance at Naeun.

“What are you staring at?” She said while looking t him with wondering face.

“You… Before I wake up from this dream.”

Both of them chuckled and became shy afterwards.

Taemin reached the Busan’s Tollgate, he immediately paid the staff.

“Kamsahamnida.” The  staff said.

Taemin bowed to her with a wide smile on her face and entered the long Gyeongbu Expressway.

While driving the smooth expressway with one hand, Taemin noticed something about Naeun’s face. He kept looking on her side again while his lips were curled.

“..why? Something’s wrong?” She said.

“I think you have something in your eye…” He said.

“…huh?” Naeun immediately looks in the mirror.

“Oh, wait. It’s just sparkle.” He said.

Naeun covered her eyes in despair, but she was smiling.

“Anyway...you think you could ask this person I know to give her number? I’ve been dying to get her number…” He said.

“…who?”

“…well, keep quiet… because she’s sitting right next to me…” He whispered.

Naeun quickly hit his shoulder and bit her lip.

“…give me your phone.” She said arrogantly.

Taemin  immediately grabbed his phone in his pocket and gave it to Naeun.

She took the phone to him quickly and starts to type her number.

“Next time, memorize my number…” She said while typing it in his phone.

But then she sighs.

“Oh…Nevermind… you’re too forgetful.” She said.

“…I’ll memorize it… promise.” He said.

“Did you eat breakfast?” She asked.

“…Most guys need three meals a day to keep going…I just need eye contact from you…” He said.

Naeun shakes her head and sighs.

“I wish I was crossed-eyed.” He said.

“Wae?”

“So I could see you twice… Like this..” Taemin made his eyes crossed and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter