To Have & To Hold

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho noticed Taemin’s look at Jonghyun after revealing that he is Naeun’s strict boyfriend. His look and tone of voice was like the one he saw and heard when Taemin found out that Naeun went on a motorcycle ride with Myungsoo.

Suho sighed and breaks his silence.

“Ahhh….Jonghyun, Kyuhyun hyung is already in the hall.” He said.

“……Really? Then I’ll go first. See you around.” Jonghyun smiled at Suho and he went inside.

“Ok.” Suho nodded. He inserted his hands in his pocket and looks at Taemin.

“You are too protective.” Suho said.

“He’s going to hit on her if I didn’t say it... He’s planning to pursue Naeun… I can sense it, hyung. No one can touch her as long as I am here.” Taemin said without looking at him.

“Alright, alright.” Suho nodded.

Suddenly Naeun appeared and went beside Taemin with a sweet smile on her face.

“Oppa.” She said and Taemin turned and he smiled happily after he saw her. He immediately place his left arm on her waist.

“How is my baby?” He said and he brushes her hair.

“I’m fine... Eunji unnie looks so pretty and a little nervous.”

“Really?” Suho suddenly interrupts them.

“Yeah. She looks so beautiful. Your jaw will drop.” Naeun said.

“Really?.....I’m excited to see her in her wedding dress…” Suho said.

“In an hour you will see her.” Taemin said.

“You’ll be surprised.” Naeun said. Suddenly Kwonho and his girlfriend came. They were panting when they stopped in front of Suho, Taemin and Naeun.

“Yah! Why are you so late?” Suho frowned.

“I’m sorry Suho oppa, my boss doesn’t want me go home early.” Kwonho’s girlfriend said.

“It’s ok, I’m glad you still came.” He said.

“Where is everybody?” Kwonho asked.

“They were all inside. Come with us. Suho hyung we’re going in.” Taemin said.

As they were about to get inside the wedding hall, a tall lady greeted Suho.

“Annyeong-haseyo.”

Taemin turned and he grabs Naeun’s hand and drags her to the guest who just arrived.

“Suzy?” He said.

“Taemin? Otokke… how are you?” Suzy said.

“So you are Eunji and Taemin’s classmate?” Suho asked.

“De hyung.” Taemin said. Suzy bowed to Suho and Taemin talks to her again.

“Wahh… I can’t believe I’m seeing you here.” He said.

“De.. Eunji stayed in contact with me. I’m a flight attendant now.”

“Wow…. It’s because you’re tall.”

While Taemin and Suzy talking, Naeun felt out-of-place even though Taemin was holding her hand tightly. This is the first time she saw Taemin talking comfortably to a girl other than her, Krystal and Eunji.

“Oppa.” Naeun interrupts them.

“Oh- Naeun, I’m sorry, this is Suzy, my classmate in middle school.”

“Annyeong-haseyo.” Naeun said and she gave her a quick smile.

“I think I already saw you… are you the girl who was always with Eunji during break time in middle school? You were the class president of class 3-2, right?” Suzy said.

“De.” Naeun nodded.

“She’s my girlfriend.” Taemin suddenly said.

“Ahh…Chincha…. I see.. Wow.. so you already know Naeun-sshi during middle school? I didn’t see any of your interactions.” Suzy said while looking at Taemin.

“No, no, I just know her last Christmas, but I’m not going to tell you the story. It’s too long.” He said.

“Oh..ok.”

“Why don’t  we all go inside?.... Anyway, Suho hyung.. we’re going now.” Taemin said and they all left Suho outside.

 

>< 

 

Taemin, along with Naeun, took Suzy to the table where their other classmates were seating. After that they went to their table near the isle.

Twelve people per table, so Taemin, Naeun, Jongin, Krystal, Minho, Jinri, Namjoo, Jinki Hayoung Dongwoon, Kwonho and Kwonho’s girlfriend occupied one table. Krystal’s Sister, Jessica, sat beside Kris together with Suho’s highschool friends. The two who just came from America were exchanging small talks to each other since they are not close with everybody who is with them on the table.

“Are they already here? Your family?” Taemin asked.

“They said that they will be late…… oppa, don’t be nervous.” Naeun said.

“I’m not..” He shook his head.

“….ok.. well.. I’m.. I’m going to the restroom.”

“You have to come back early since the ceremony will start soon.”

“Ok.”

Naeun stood up and went to the rest room near the hall entrance. She retouched her make up for a minute and left. When she was on her way to go back, someone called her from behind and she turned.

“Naeun? Son Naeun, right?” Jonghyun said.

“….Jonghyun.. sunbae?” she  said.

“De.. how are you? Wow.. just wow.. you look.. so beautiful. I can’t believe the fourteen year old Naeun that I know…will bloom like this.”

“Thank you…what are you doing now?”

“Well, I’m now working as a music producer and occasional composer in the entertainment industry. You? What are you doing?”

“I’m a kindergarten teacher.”

“Wow.. I didn’t even know that you love kids.. I can’t imagine a shy type girl like you, interacting with the kids..”

“Right, right..” Naeun smiled while nodding. She was shy while talking to him, afterall Jonghyun is her first love.

While Jonghyun and Naeun talking, another man appeared to greet her.

“Naeun!” This time it was Doojoon. Eunji’s workmate.

“Ah, Doojoon oppa.”

“Waaahhh… you’re so pretty tonight…” Doojoon said.

“Thank you… I’m not really used to this kind of outfit. Anyway, Doojoon oppa, this is Jonghyun sunbaenim,” Naeun said as she was introducing Jonghyun to Doojoon.

“Annyeong haseyo. You’re going to sing the wedding song, right?”

“Yeah. I’m with Kyuhyun, Suho’s friend and other three guys. Watch out for us.” Jonghyun said.

 

>< 

 

While Taemin was waiting patiently for Naeun, he noticed Jongin who have been quiet since he came. Jongin was tapping his fingers on the table while biting his lips and Krystal was laughing silently on the side.

“Jongin-ah, Jessica’s here, did you already greet her?” Taemin asked.

“Not yet. He was scared. I want to introduce him but he was pulling himself.” Krystal suddenly said.

“I’m not scared, I’m just shy. I don’t know what I should say.” Jongin said.

“Aiyoooo….. be prepared.. good luck.”

“Same to you. I heard from Jinri that you’re going to meet Naeun’s whole family. Let me emphasize it. Whole family.” Jongin said.

“You’re rubbing salt in my wound. I hate you.”

“Is today, meeting of the in laws?” Minho said.

“Good luck Taemin. Good luck Jongin.” Jinri said.

“Good luck to Jongin but more good luck for Taemin. I think Naeun is daddy’s little girl, she the first born, right? Good luck! HAHAHAHA” Kwonho and the others laughed.

“Go on laugh. You’re just making me feel so nervous.” Taemin frowned. Suddenly three females came to their area.

“Excuse me.. I know this is not the place for this but.. I’m really your fan.. can I have an autograph?” The lady said while looking at Minho.

“..sure.”

My Keroro is really popular. But I’m sorry ladies my Keroro is already taken…. he just doesn’t know it yet… Jinri thought.

“Kamsahamnida.” The three ladies bowed and they even took a picture of him.

“You’re so handsome.” They said and Minho smiled and bowed to them. Their fangirling wasn’t done yet because after asking Minho for autograph, this time it was Taemin.

“Annyeong haseyo… can we have a picture with you? We’re Suho’s  friends. You were the DJ who represents Korea in Japan, right? We are really a fan of yours. We saw you at Galaxy Studio last year..”

“Oh… ok. Sure.” Taemin said and he stood up. They all had a solo picture with him. They giggled after doing it and Taemin immediately pulled his seat and sat.

“Kamsahamnida. we didn’t know that Suho is friends with popular guys.. kamsahamnida.” The three ladies bowed.

“It’s nothing. Thank you.” Taemin said and they left.

“Good thing my Jongin is not that popular.” Krystal suddenly said.

“Why.. because you will get jealous?” Jongin asked with anticipating eyes.

Krystal turned her head and held Jongin’s chin.

“No. Listen, ylove… What if you’re popular? Girls will ask for your autographs, pictures, handshakes and whatnot, right? What if I need you to carry my shopping bags, or I need you to take me home from school?... you’re not going to come with me because you’re going to be busy with your—”

Jongin stops Krystal’s mouth using his finger.

“You’re my Krystal, right?… of course I will go.” Jongin suddenly said.

Krystal froze and blinks her eyes.

“Aiyoooooooo!” Kwonho and the gang teased. They all clapped and laughing. Jongin buried his head on the table and hits Kwonho who was laughing on the side.

“Ahahahha! Krystal’s face is getting red.” Namjoo said.

“So cheesy!” Jinki said.

Minho noticed Taemin that he’s just smiling but kept on looking at his watch.

“Taemin what’s wrong?” Minho said.

“Naeun is taking too long in the restroom.”

“Maybe she bumped her old friends….”

Taemin sighed and immediately pulled himself on his chair.

“Excuse me.” He said.

“Where are you going?” Minho said.

 

>< 

 

Naeun was still talking happily to Doojoon and Jonghyun. They were laughing and smiling at each other. But Naeun had a small distance while talking to them.  

“What are you going to sing?” Naeun asked Jonghyun.

“It’s a secret.” He said.

Doojoon talks to him.

“Sing to my wedding too… but I still don’t have a girlfriend. I already heard your voice when our team visited the entertainment company.. your voice is really.. superb. Thumbs up.” Doojoon said.

“Thank you.. but Kyuhyun is also a good singer.. watch out for him. And those three boys.” Jonghyun said.

“Chincha?”

Suddenly three charming guys came to them.

“Annyeong haseyo.” They bowed. Naeun smiled at them and slightly distanced herself again.

“Ah, Naeun-ah, these are the three guys who will sing with me. Baekhyun, D.O. and Chen.”

“Annyeong.” Naeun smiled.

“Annyeong haseyo.”

“Jonghyun hyung! Let’s go… the wedding will start now.” Chen said.

As Jonghyun and the three guys were about to leave Naeun and Doojoon, Taemin suddenly appeared from behind and made a fake cough. 

“Ehm..” He said.

Naeun turned her head and was shocked to see Taemin and looks like in a bad mood.

Otokke…. I’m dead… Naeun bit her lips and went beside Taemin.

“Oppa.” She said.

“The ceremony is gonna start. Let’s go.” Taemin immediately grabbed her hand and drags Naeun.

She turned her head and bowed to them as a sign of goodbye.

While they were walking, Taemin was still not saying a word. Naeun kept on biting her lips and tilting her head to look at him.

“Are you.. mad?” She asked. Taemin stopped and faces her.

“Oh no. I’m not. Actually, I’m really happy. Because, you were talking to the man who already ate your dish and to your first love….. Let me emphasize it Naeun….. Your. First. Love.” Taemin said.

“….Oh..K..” She looked down and sighed.

She closed her eyes and raises her head.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that….. this is the first time after ten years, that’s why I talked to him. Then, Doojoon oppa came…. So.. I can’t help but to talk to him too since he’s also a friend… I’m sorry. But please.. don’t mind it. ‘Cause it’s just a friendly talk. Nothing else. I even distanced myself from them, slightly. So….”

Taemin sighed and w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter