Unexpected

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin, Jinri and Minho were looking at Naeun while she was talking to her mother on her phone. Minho and Jinri was looking at her with anticipating eyes while eating Taemin’s hangover dish.

When Jinri turned her eyes to Taemin, she noticed that he’s looking at Naeun with serious eyes, pressing his lips, wetting it and biting it. She chuckled and sighed.

Francesco is so nervous.. tsk tsk..

“Omma… de.. I can’t hear you.. wait.” Naeun was having a problem with the signal and decides to go outside.

“I’m going outside.” Naeun mouthed the words while looking at Taemin and he nodded with a smile.

Naeun left them and he sighed. He grabbed his coffee and took a small sip on it.

“So it’s your mother-in-law, Lee Seobang.” Jinri said.

“Looks like it.” He said.

“You look so worried. Does she already talk to you about her family?” She asked.

“Well.. no. Not yet. But I did already to talk to her about my family.”

“Oh.. ok. Maybe Naeun wants to keep it privately.”

Suddenly, Taemin’s phone rang and he immediately answered it.

“Yeobeoseyo?” He said.

“Oppa! I’ve been trying to reach Naeun’s phone.” Krystal said.

“She’s busy talking to her mom. What is it?”

“Have you received the invitation? I just received it yesterday and it made me cancel my flight next week. Jessica unnie said that instead of me who will visit her, she will be the one to visit me. She said that she’ll attend Suho oppa’s wedding.”

“That’s nice. Suho hyung will be more happy because of that.”

“I know, I know. So I’ll see you all at the wedding?”

“Yup.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

“What did she say?” Jinri quickly asked.

“She said that she’s not going to America anymore and her sister will attend the wedding.”

“That’s good. We’re complete again.”

“Yeah.”

Taemin sighed again and wiped his face. He doesn’t know but he was so nervous. A phone call from Naeun’s mom is too much for him.

His parents didn’t have any problem with his personal life as long as he kept on studying and reaching his dreams. But Naeun’s case was different. He doesn’t have any idea about her family.

After thirty minutes, Naeun came back and sat beside Taemin.

“What did your mom say? Why did she call?” Jinri asked.

“Well… she said that she received the wedding invitation through Eunji unnie’s mom. She was shock when she learned that Eunji unnie is pregnant. She told me that I should be open to her regarding my personal life since I’m really away with them so that she’s not going to be shock in the future.” Naeun said and she smiled.

“Then.. did you already told her about Taemin?” Jinri asked. Taemin looks at her with anticipating eyes.

“Well… I did. I told her that I already have boyfriend and she will meet him soon. Since she’s going to attend the wedding.”

Taemin closed his eyes and bit his lips. Minho chuckled.

“Wae?” Naeun asked him.

“Nothing.” He just shook his head and covered his nose and mouth.

“You have to prepare yourself Francesco. Your future-in-laws are on their way..tsk tsk..” Jinri teased.

“It will be ok, Jinri. Lee Seobang is a really great man…” Minho said.

“Don’t scare him.” Naeun said she hugged Taemin.

“Is your mother will be the only one attending in your family?” Taemin asked.

“No.. dad and my younger sister will attend too.”

“Really?”

 

>< 

 

Suho is busy cooking braised pork belly in his kitchen when suddenly someone rings the doorbell. He immediately took of his apron and proceeds to the front door.

He opened the door and an unexpected visitor came.

“O.. Taemin. What’s with the visit?” Suho said.

“Are you busy?” Taemin asked.

“No. But we’ll leave soon to meet the wedding planner. Anyway, come in.”

Taemin entered and they went to the living room.

“What do you want? Juice, coffee?”

“No, no…. I just…Can I talk to Eunji?” He said.

“About what?”

“About Naeun’s parents.”

“Oh.. yes.. they’re going to come….. Sure. She’s in our room.”

“Thanks.”

Taemin sighed and turned the doorknob of the master’s bedroom. He found Eunji on the bed holding a piece of paper. He even noticed that she kinda gained weight.

“You look bloated.”  He said.

“What a nice hello….. Anyway, what are you doing here?” She said.

“Can I ask you something?” Taemin slowly walked and sat on the single couch beside the bed.

“About what?”

“About… Naeun’s family?”

“Oh! Ahahahahaha!”

“Why are you laughing? I’m really nervous you know?”

 “I’m sorry… yeah.. I did invite them to my wedding…Ok, ok. So you’ll meet them soon… But… why don’t you ask her about them? Why me?”

“I want to ready myself once I saw them. I don’t want her to do the talking while—”

Eunji stopped him using her hand.

“I get it, I get it. Ok. Well…… her mother is an art gallery owner. She’s just like Naeun, always smiling and kind of shy. Then, her father is a university professor, I don’t know much about him since he’s always not around whenever I visit their house…. All I know is that he’s kinda strict... And lastly, she has one younger sister named Sae-eun who is a professional golfer and is really tall. I think she’s taller than you or she has the same height as you.”

Taemin bit his lips and wipes is face. Eunji chuckled.

 “…wow… I’m glad that I asked you about this..” Taemin said and he gulped.

“Well……she grew up in a conservative household… Her family is kinda rich but…. they are so humble. Her parents are very supportive whne it come to their children’s decisions. You don’t have to be worried about interacting with them. I’m sure they will like you.”

“I don’t know but… I feel so nervous. Now that you told me about them..…---”

“Lee Seobang…… trust me. You will be ok.”

 

>< 

 

Jinri and Naeun, along with Hayoung and Namjoo, went to buy a formal dress for Eunji’s wedding. Hayoung chose to wear knee-length dress with three-fourth cut sleeve in lavender colour, while Namjoo picked beige chiffon knee-length dress with see-through long sleeves.

Jinri picked peach coloured knee-length draped dress with black ribbon belt.

“I love this dress!” Jinri said.

“It’s beautiful.” Hayoung said.

“So pretty.” Namjoo clapped.

“Really? Do you think Minho will like it?” Jinri asked while she looks herself in the dressing room wearing the dress.

“Of course! I’m so jealous.” Namjoo said.

“I think, whatever you wear he will like it for sure. You’re so beautiful.” Naeun said and she smiled.

“Really? Thank you.”

“What about you unnie?” Hayoung asked Naeun.

“Have you already picked a dress?” Namjoo looks at her.

“No.. not yet. I don’t know what to pick.” Naeun shook her head.

“That pink pastel coloured dress will look good on you. Trust me.” Jinri said when she pointed her fingers in the dress that was displayed inside the big dressing room. It is an above-the-knee peplum skirt in three-fourth sleeves.

“Really… it’s too beautiful… but kinda y looking…”

“It’s jaw-dropping. I really want to pick it but I want Taemin to see you wearing it. Your curves will expose. So pick it.” Jinri said.

“Right unnie, wear it. Your long beautiful legs are a waste if you will only hide it forever.” Hayoung said.

“Right.” Namjoo approves.

“Ok.. I will.” Naeun smiled and grabs the dress. Suddenly, Namjoo receives a call.

“Oh.. yeobeoseyo?... de.. .. de… ani…. De ..see you on Saturday.” She said and the call ended.

“Who’s that?” Naeun asked with a teasing face.

“Well.. the meat shop owner’s son.” Namjoo shyly said.

“Jinki-sshi?” She asked.

“De.. we’re gonna attend the wedding together. He said that he doesn’t have a partner, someone to be with.. so I volunteered.”

“.....are you two…?” Naeun narrowed her eyes.

“Aniya! Well, last month Hayoung brought me to Jinki-sshi’s meat restaurant and we ate there.. we exchanged small talk. Just small talk.. unnie. Then we became close…”

“Ok. I’m happy for you.”

“We’re not yet on that stage..” Namjoo quickly said.

“Yet. So… you two are going there…” Naeun smirked.

“Unnie…”

“Ok, ok… I didn’t say anything.”

“So.. everybody does have a partner now..” Jinri said.

“Looks like it.” Naeun said.

 

>< 

 

Minho came to the apartment at two in the afternoon wearing a grey coloured suit. Naeun welcomed him and she let him inside since Jinri was still preparing in Eunji’s room. Naeun gave him a cup of coffee and told him to wait for Jinri since she’s gonna take a bath.

After thirty minutes of waiting. Jinri finally came out of her room.

“Oppa.. I’m sorry. Did you wait long?” She said.

“Not really.” Minho shook his head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter