A New Journey

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Naeun responded in tears to the magic question, Taemin smiled lovingly. He gently held her left hand and inserts the ring to her ring finger while shaking as he was feeling nervous at that moment.

He then stood up, smiled at her and hugged her tight.

The kids and the adult who participated in the event applauded around them.

He kissed her forehead and wipes her tears using her thumb and kissed her forehead again, she then hugged him and buried her face in his chest.

Then suddenly,

“WOO HOO! CONGRATULATIONS!”

Naeun immediately pulled herself from Taemin to see those people who congratulated them. She then found that it was their friends. Coming one by one inside the rink.

“WHOA!” She said and she covered . Her eyes widened as she sees their friends standing in front of them holding cameras and video recorders.

Everyone laughed after seeing her reaction.

“You’ve been here all along?” She asked.

“Of course! We’re all hiding somewhere. We’re taking pictures and recording everything.” Eunji said.

“We’re the video-recording team!” Woohyun, Kibum, Kwonho, Jongin and Suho said.

“We’re the taking-picture team!” Krystal, Kwonho’s girlfriend, Eunji, Namjoo, and Jinri said.

“We’re the sounds and lights team!” Minho and Jinki said.

“We’re the arts and crafts team!” Hayoung and Dongwoon said.

“We are the Team Taemin!” All of their friends said.

Taemin laughed and applauded them.

“Whoa… I can’t believe this…whoa….” Naeun said.

“Anyway congratulations Naeun-ah! Congratulations Taemin!” Eunji said.

“Congratulations!” Their friends said.

“When did you all come here?” Naeun asked.

“About three hours ago… Taemin prepared it well.” Suho said.

Naeun’s mouth slightly opened and she turned and look for Taemin.

“Oppa…” She said.

“Hm?”

“…chincha… how did you convince the kids…. and their parents to do those?” She frowned and smile after.

“I don’t know… I just told them that I’m going to propose to my girlfriend… then they said that it’s ok. Our friends gave them the flowers and boards…and that’s it.” He explained.

“Let me thank them…”

Naeun left them and went to the parents and kids.

“Annyeong haseyo... Chincha… Jeongmal… Kamsahamnida…” She bowed.

“It’s nothing… We’re really happy to be part of it…It was the best and really romantic…. Congratulations.” The lady said to her and she gave her a big smile.

“Kamsahamnida.” Naeun said in a shy tone.

“Children, say congratulations to the lady.” The lady said.

“CONGRATULATIONS!”

Naeun smiled widely and touches the kid’s heads.

“Aigoo… Kamsahamnida… you did all well…” She said.

Suddenly,

“Naeun-ah!” Eunji shouts.

“De?” She turned.

“There is someone who is also part of this event…”

“Hm?”

“Little lady please come out.” Eunji called.

Naeun gulped.

Slowly, a tall lady appeared in front of her with a sweet smile on her face.

“Sae-eun?” Naeun said.

“Annyeong…” Sae-eun waved her hands.

Naeun immediately went to her sister and hugged her quickly.

“Why are you here?” She asked.

“I called her.” Taemin suddenly said.

“Hm?” Naeun blinks.

“Eunji gave me her number… I thought of including your sister here… since it’s our special day…” He said.

Naeun pressed her lips and look at Sae-eun.

“…come here… give me hug…” She said.

“Congratulations… I’m really happy for you… I really am…” Sae-eun said.

“…komawo… I miss you…”

“I miss you too… Taemin-sshi already told me everything… You’re so lucky to have him, unnie…”

“…yes… ----wait a minute. What about omma and appa? It’s Christmas…” Naeun pulled herself and place her hands over Sae-eun’s shoulders,

“I told them that I’m going to spend Christmas with you… so it’s ok.” She said.

“How about…. How did you come here? Did you commute?”

“No. Taemin’s hyung was the one who brought me here.”

“Taemin’s hyung? Taesun-sshi?” Naeun’s eyes widened.

“Yes… I asked my brother to take her from Incheon.” Taemin said.

“Where is he?”

“I’m here!” Taesun suddenly appeared and raised his hand.

“Why are you hiding from behind?” Taemin asked.

“I was on the phone with my friend. Anyway congratulations to you Naeun.”

“Komawo…” Naeun said in a shy tone.

“Now that the surprise guests were already revealed… We all think that there’s still something missing in this event…” Eunji suddenly said.

“….ok...what?” Naeun wondered.

“Can we see something that everybody in this rink wants to see?”

“Yes… this event cannot be complete without that…” Sae-eun said.

“Big check.” Krystal said.

“…what?”

“Everybody shout!” Eunji said.

“KISSU-HAE! KISSU-HAE! KISSU-HAE!” All of them said to the newly engaged couple.

“...there are children here…” Naeun said.

“It’s okay… just kiss!”

“…chincha….” Taemin said and he wipes his face.

“PALLI! PALLI!”

Naeun who is still acting shy about kissing in public, suddenly she got kissed quickly by her fiancé.

“That’s it!” Taemin said.

“KYAAAAAAAA! CONGRATULATIONS!”

 

 

>< 

 

 

They all went to Suho’s Italian restaurant after Taemin’s proposal to spend Christmas. They went there and found so much food on the long table.

Suho, Jinki and Minho opened the three bottles of champagne for everyone. They poured all eighteen glasses including theirs to toast for Christmas.

“MERRY CHRISTMAS!” Suho said.

“MERRY CHRISTMAS!” All of them said.

“Wait, before we drink…Let’s all make a toast for the newly engaged couple...” Suho said.

Naeun  and Taemin smiled to Suho and all of their friends eyes look at them.

Suho smiled and started his speech.

“We all know what they have been through… We saw how their love story started…how they became close… how they fell in love…how they got separated and how they got back together.. in each other’s arms... As their friends and families…we are all very happy that we became part of that love story…… and now… we’re going to witness another one… another story… a new chapter in their life…” He said.

Suho raised his glass.

“To Taemin and Naeun… We wish you eternal happiness and joy…. Cheers!” He said

“CHEERS!” Everybody raised their glass and drinks.

After drinking, Naeun placed her glass of champagne on the table and took a deep breath.

“Thank you very much…I don’t know if saying thank you to all of you is enough… You’ve helped us big time…really… Thank you…. Thank you so much… Thank you for being there with us… through good times and bad… I never thought that I would find friends like…all of you… Thank you…really…Thank you…” She said after a tear suddenly fell from her eyes Taemin gently wipes it and smiled at her.

“I don’t really like dramas like this… it makes me want to cry…” Kibum said.

“I’m sorry… anyway, let’s all eat.” Naeun said.

“Yeah! Everyone’s hungry. Let’s all eat.”

They all sat on the chair with Sae-eun and Taesun sitting on the opposite side of Taemin and Naeun. Naeun took care of her little sister as she was shy interacting with her friends.

While everyone was about to finish eating, Eunji suddenly speaks up.

“I can’t believe that it was last year… Suho and I were here… and still on the stage of adjusting… and getting to know each other… I can’t believe that I will come back here on the same day again with Suho already my husband… and we already have a baby… God… it feels like yesterday…”

“Yeah… It feels like yesterday when I was so shy approaching Taemin oppa last Christmas… we barely talk to each other… and… and now… after one year… I can’t believe we’re getting married…”

“Do you remember the group picture?” Kwonho suddenly asked Naeun.

Taemin chuckled and covered his mouth.

“Yes. Why?” Naeun wondered.

“There are two versions of it. One,  is group picture… and the other one was the picture of you and Taemin together. Remember I said that I will be taking it in landscape? I asked the guys on the back to stand beside the girls infront?”

“…yeah.”

“That was the moment I capture your first couple picture.” Kwonho explained.

“I know that picture! I knew that it’s not really a couple-picture but a group picture… Taemin kept on denying it when we were in Japan…He said that’s me and my girlfriend…” Jinri said.

“Chincha?” Naeun chuckles.

“That picture was framed neatly.” Jinri said.

“Aigoo…” Naeun look at Taemin.

“What?” He said as he was shy.

“Anyway, let’s hear the story about the ring and proposal planning…” Krystal said.

“I want to know too….Suho doesn’t wanna tell me. So let’s hear it to the master of event, Lee Taemin. Let’s give him a round of applause!” Eunji teased and everyone applauded.

“Ahh.. chincha… Why would you want to hear?” Taemin frowns.

“Every proposal planning and engagement ring in the world has its story… And please don’t forget that we helped you big time in that event.” Eunji said.

“Tell us! Tell Us! Tell us!” Jongin and Kwonho said.

“Alright, alright!”

“Woo hoo!” Jinki said.

Taemin placed his arm on the back of Naeun’s shoulder and started speaking.

“….Well….actually, I was already planning to propose to her after my graduation…” He said.

Naeun’s eyes widened.

“I was planning… maybe last week of May or first week of June… but as we all knew… Something happened…” He said.

“Did you already have a ring?” Hayoung asked.

“No, not yet. Because I was still planning…”

“Ahhh…”

“Then… when I got back here….I told to myself that if she accepted me again… I will propose right away… For those who don’t know… she accepted me during the wedding of Jinri and Minho… which was happened twelve days ago…” He said.

Everybody nods.

“Since Christmas is getting near… I thought of proposing on that day… and also it’s special… since we met and got to know each other during Christmas.” He said.

Naeun smiled and presses her lips.

“Awww…. So romantic…Christmas couple..” Kibum said.

“Then I thought of buying a ring...”

“Yeah.” Suho said.

“I got a help from Suho hyung…. He told me to buy online… since he also bought Eunji’s engagement ring online. Then when I saw a simple ring with a diamond in it…I immediately order… after that I asked Namjoo to know the size of Naeun’s ring finger.” Taemin said.

“Ahh… I remember that… I didn’t know that it was for this.” Naeun said and looks at her ring.

“How did she ask you?” Krystal said.

“She said ‘Unnie what’s your ring finger size?’ I said ‘five’. She said ‘Five? Ok.’ That’s it.” Naeun said and everybody laughed.

“Ahahaha!”

“That’s kinda obvious already, right?” Krystal said.

“I know how naïve she is… that’s why I didn’t bother to make plan on how am I going to ask.” Namjoo said.

“I didn’t know that it was for this…I thought she just want to know….” Naeun said.

“That’s a funny story…Anyway, let’s continue, Mr. Lee.” Eunji said.

“And after knowing the size… I sent an email to the seller… and I told them that if ever… I want the diamond to be cut in a snowflake-shape since I will be proposing during Christmas…” he said.

“Ahh… so that’s why it’s shaped like this…” Naeun said after checking the ring.

“….and also I want them to engrave the date 12-24…after that they replied to me and agreed… and told me that the ring will be delivered after nine days……So…. that’s the story…that’s it.” He said.

“Awwww….. Lee Taemin really planned it well.” Eunji said.

“De… he really planned it well… I’m so jealous.” Namjoo said.

“…Komawo oppa… But I think this ring is too much… Diamonds are too expensive, right?” Naeun blinks.

“It’s nothing for Taemin if it’s for you… Don’t think about the cost.” Taesun said.

“Yeah… don’t think about it… though I think Taemin really spend money big time for this proposal…. I mean… the ring… the billboard… the roses… He really loves Naeun so much…” Jinki said.

“Yeah… like on Naeun’s birthday… the cakes… balloons… the meat from Jinki-sshi… and the newspaper announcement… He always prepares something big… He’s the master of events, indeed.” Jinri said.

“And when he was pursuing her…. flowers everyday… sometimes he’s giving breakfast… Aigoo… Lee Taemin really loves spending money…” Namjoo sighs.

“Spending money is nothing if it is for Naeun…” Taemin said.

“But I don’t want you spending so money so much for me…” Naeun said.

“It’s ok Naeun… Taemin is really like that… He really spends money a lot....in food too… But you were the first girl he treated like that… He didn’t do that to his past girlfriends…He was a cheapskate boyfriend before…” Jongin said,

“Why are you telling her that?” Taemin frowned.

“It’s ok, be open. You’re getting married, anyway.”

“He’s right.” Naeun said.

“Anyway, when are you planning to get married?” Jinri asked.

“We need to see our parents first…” Taemin said.

“Ohh.. right…” Jinri nodded.

Naeun suddenly became quiet and looks down.

“Are you ok?” Taemin asked.

“…yeah.” She said and made a quick smile.

 

>< 

 

After spending Christmas together, all of them decided to go home and rest. Everyone waved their hands to each other and said their good byes.

After their friends left, Naeun and Taemin were now saying their goodbyes to their brother and sister.

“Please take care of her, Taesun-sshi.” Naeun said

“Sure will!” Taesun salutes.

Naeun smiled at him then she look at Sae-eun.

“Take care of mom and dad, ok?” She said nd she hugged her.

“Eung… Don’t worry about us… we will be fine…”  Sae-eun patted her back and pulled herself.

Taesun opened the passenger seat for Sae-eun and she immediately went in.

“We’ll go ahead. Bye.” Taesun waved his hand to them.

“Bye. Drive safetly.” Taemin said.

After Taesun and Sae-eun left them, Taemin and Naeun quickly went to the parking lot and got inside the car. They reached Naeun’s apartment in an instant and then suddenly Taemin breaks his silence as he noticed Naeun’s silence.

“Can you tell me now the reason why you suddenly became quiet?” He said.

Naeun sighs then she immediately hugged him.

She buried her face and didn’t say anything.

“…something’s wrong?” He asked and he gently held the back of her head.

Naeun nods and hugs him tighter.

“What is it?” He asked.

“…I’m thinking about my family… how they are going to react…. Especially dad…” She said.

“That’s it?”

“Yeah…”

“I already thought of it… Though… of course… I’m kinda nervous to show myself to them again… did you already tell them? I mean… that we got back together?”

“I haven’t told them… I’m not really updating them about my life… I only talk to Sae-eun… Just her… I haven’t spoken to my mom and my dad yet…”

“Are you afraid?”

“Very.”

“Don’t worry… As long as we’re together… we can easily solve this… trust me… ok?”

“…ok…” She nods and lifts her head.

“That’s my girl.” He said.

“Anyway…” Naeun suddenly gave him a paper bag.

“What is this?”

“Merry Christmas.” She smiled.

Taemin smiled and opened the bag. He pulled something and it was a snow globe with a prince riding on a white horse inside.

“…whoa… it’s your first Christmas gift for me.” He said.

“…yeah.” She nods.

“Whoa… It’s so beautiful… Komawo… Now Christmas will be 365 days for me…” Taemin said while shaking the snow globe to see the snow.

“Actually, I was planning to buy you something… like silver bracelet or dog tag… but I realized… you’re too forgetful… you might lost it since you’re going to wear it…. Like your rosary bracelet… It’s the fourth one now is it? You already lost three rosary bracelets--”

“No… Actually I’m wearing the six one… I lost two rosary bracelets when I was in New York.” He said.

“See? That’s why I was hesitating to buy you those…chincha… I’m forgetful too… but you’re worst…”

“I’m sorry…”

“You spend money a lot… you forget things a lot… I think it will be hard being your wife…” She said.

Taemin chuckled and then she smirks.

“What? Why are you smiling?” She asked.

“Nothing. Anyway, here’s my Christmas present for you.” Taemin said while picking something in his pocket.

“What?! You already gave me a lot of presents today… Oppa! Aishhh!” Naeun frowns.

“Here.” He handed her something.

“Fortune cookie?” She said.

“Bye.” Taemin smiled and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter