I Vow

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Please make me look handsome…and flawless.” Taemin said as the makeup artist is getting ready to put some blemish balm cream on his face.

Taemin, Kwonho, Jongin, Jinki and Taemin’s brother Taesun are now enjoying their time in their hotel room and are getting ready for the wedding.

While staying in their hotel, two photographers and two videographers are there to capture moments and record it for their wedding videos.

Taesun and Taemin’s friends are both wearing grey suits with bow ties while Taemin is wearing black also with bow tie.

“Sure, sir.” Said the female makeup artist.

“I think I need makeup too… I’m the best man. I need to look good in pictures.” Taesun said.

“Let me apply concealer in your face, hyung.” Jongin said while holding a concealer pen in his hand.

“Apply on my eye bags, Jongin.” He said.

Jongin open the pen and gently apply the cream under the eyes of Taesun.

“Your eye bags are now concealed.” Jongin said.

“Taemin needs concealer badly. He has panda eyes… He slept so late last night.” Taesun said.

“Aigoo… excited?” Kwonho said.

“…nervous.” Taemin said while the makeup artist is applying concealer on his face.

“You guys look so fabulous… while me… I look like a waiter.” Kwonho suddenly said.

All of them laughed at him.

“No, you’re not… Don’t say that.” Jinki said.

“Yeah… Jinki hyung is right….Anyway, why did you dye your hair?” Taemin asked as Kwonho’s hair was dyed in golden orange.

“My girlfriend dyed it.” He said.

“You should have dyed your eyesbrows too…” Jongin suggested.

“She did… but it didn’t work.”

And then they laughed again.

Suddenly someone visited their room.

“Annyeong!”

“Suho hyung?” Jongin said.

“Annyeong… I’m with Joonmyeon.” Suho came in the room happily while carrying his five month old son in his arms.

“Let me carry him.” Jongin said and he gently took Joonmyeon in Suho’s arms.

“He’s getting fatter and fatter every time I see this baby…” Jinki said.

“He loves to drink milk every now and then… that’s why Eunji is having a hard time…” Suho said.

“Poor her…”

“He really looks like Suho hyung.” Kwonho said.

“Your baby is so cute.” Taemin sai while looking at the reflection of Suho’s baby in the mirror.

“Then after this wedding make one. Make a baby quickly!” Suho said.

“I want to enjoy my life being a husband to Naeun first… before having a baby.” Taemin said.

“Alright….Whoa… Francesco is so handsome… really…” Suho said.

“Thanks.” Taemin said while smiling widely.

“It’s finished.” The makeup artist said to Taemin.

“Kamsahamnida.” Taemin bowed.

He stood up and dusted off his suit.

“Whoa… your makeup look so natural.” Taesun said.

“Anyway, let’s take a group picture.” Kwonho said.

One photographer quickly ready their camera and asked the boys to pose in front of him.

“Hana, toul, set. Smile.”

The photographers captured a beautiful shot with all them smiling widely in the picture.

“Kamsahamnida.” They all bowed and thanked the photographer.

Suddenly, Taemin’s father came in and greets everyone.

“Annyeong haseyo.” He said.

“Uncle is so handsome today.” Jongin said.

“Don’t lie.” Taesun said and he laughs.

“Anyway, Taemin, let’s go to the church now and meet the guests.” His father said.

Taemin pressed his lips and took a deep breath.

“Nervous?” His father asked.

“…Very.” He said and he smiled.

“It’s ok, it’s natural. Anyway let’s go. All of you let’s go now.” Taemin’s father said and Suho and the others come out of the room.

While Taemin was about to get out of the room he suddenly stops and grabs his phone in his pocket.

“What’s wrong?” His father asked.

“Wait, I need to call someone.” He said.

Taemin dials his phone and place it on his right ear.

“Yeoboseyo? This is Mr. Lee Taemin...I just want to confirm about---….. yeah…yeah…. thank you…bye.” He said

“What’s that?”

“…nothing.” He said to his father and he smiles.

 

>< 

 

While Taemin’s room was located on the ninth floor, Naeun’s hotel room on the other hand was located on the twelfth floor.

Like on Taemin’s room, there are two photographers and two videographers too to capture the bride’s moments while getting ready.

Naeun is with her sister and mother only.

“Close your eyes…” The makeup artist said to Naeun as she was about to apply eye shadow on her eye lids. Naeun is still wearing a peach coloured silk robe and inside slippers but her hair is already done. It was tied in a flower bun and around it there was white crystal band to secure the hair and look elegant.

“Your lips are really thin…” The makeup artist said.

“Yeah… I wish I have Taemin’s lips.” She said.

“Yeah… His lips are too thick…” The makeup artist said and both of them laugh.

The makeup artist applied a natural makeup on Naeun’s baby face. She used peach and pink colour for her and adds a little amount of liquid highlighter for her face to glow.

“and…finished…” The makeup artist said.

“Kamsahamnida…” Naeun bowed to her and immediately looks at the vanity mirror in front of her.

“My daughter is so pretty.” Her mother said.

“Could you please take us a picture?” Sae-eun said to Jaehyo.

“Of course.” He said.

Naeun stood up and her mother and sister stand beside her.

“Smile.” Jaehyo said.

Naeun looks away after Jaehyo took her a picture as she was feeling awkward to be with him.

“Your hairstyle is so pretty…” Saeun said.

“Really? Thank you…” Naeun awkwardly smile.

“Excuse me ma’am, you have a visitor. It’s your friends.” Jaehyo said.

Krystal, Namjoo, and Hayoung entered the room wearing their midnight blue knee-length dress while holding their small bouquets in their hands.

“Annyeong! Awww…. You’re so pretty. Yeoshin!” Namjoo said.

“You look so pure. I feel like I’m being cleaned while looking at you…” Krystal said.

“Naeun is so pretty… I’m so jealous of your beauty.” Hayoung said.

“Makeup helped a lot.” Naeun said.

While everyone is busy chatting with Naeun, Krystal suddenly noticed her old classmate.

“You’re Jaehyo right?”

“Yup. Krystal Jung, right? The brave and scary Krystal Jung.”

“You didn’t change…” She said.

Jaehyo just smiled at him and checks his camera.

“So how does it feel to be the wedding photographer of your first love?” Krystal suddenly said.

“…nothing… past is past…” He said and he smiled.

“That’s good.” Krystal nods.

“And I’m already married.” He continued.

“Who’s the unlucky girl?” Krystal teased.

“She’s a runway model.”

“Oh…Ok.”

Suddenly somebody came and Namjoo opens the door.

“Excuse me Ms. Son. There’s a package for you.” The hotel staff said and she handed the bouquet of sunflowers to Naeun.

“A bouquet? Sunflowers? Hmmm…” Namjoo smirked.

“Is there a note?” Krystal asked.

“Yes…” Naeun said.

“Read it loud.” Hayoung said.

“Aigoo…. How sweet of him, right omma?” Sae-eun said.

“Right…”

“To my wonderful wife-to-be…I just want to say that… I can’t wait to see you and I can’t wait to say ‘I do’...” Naeun said.

“Awwww….”

 

 

 

>< 

 

Taemin along with his parents stands beside the large door of the cathedral while welcoming the guests who are coming one by one.

He was greeting them warmly while they are entering the church.

Suddenly, the married couple Jinri and Minho appeared in front of him.

“WHOAAH…Lee Taemin is getting married!” Jinri cheerfully said.

“Stop teasing me…” Taemin frowns.

“Are you nervous? You look nervous.” Jinri asked.

“…who wouldn’t be?”

“Have you seen her?” Minho asked.

“Not yet…We promised not to see each other before the ceremony… We want to surprise each other.”

“Awww……Anyway, is Eunji already here?” she said.

“Yeah… They are already inside... they brought their child.”

“Really? Let’s go Keroro. I want to see baby Jeju. Bye, Francesco. See you later.” Jinri said and she quickly drags Minho’s hand inside the church.

“We’re going first, good luck!” Minho waves his hand.

“Thanks.” Taemin smiled.

Taemin wets his lips and sighs. He then smiled to the guests who are coming and greets them. Not long after, Jongin came beside him and pats his shoulder.

“You really look so nervous…” Jongin said.

Taemin just smiled and took a deep breath.

“What time is it?” Jongin asked.

“Three-thirty.” He said.

“…only thirty minutes left…”

Suddenly, Kim Jonghyun appeared and greets Taemin.

“Annyeong haseyo.” He said.

“Annyeong haseyo.” Taemin smiled at him.

“Congratulations. Thank you for inviting me.”

“It’s nothing. Thank you.”

“I’ll go ahead.”

Not long after Jonghyun came another male guest appeared.

“Annyeong.” The guest said.

Taemin smiled at him and greeted him.

It was Doojoon.

“Conratulations.” Doojoon said.

“Thank you.”

Doojoon entered the church and waves his hand to him.

Jongin frowned as he cannot believe what he just saw.

“Wait… those two guys… aren’t they the guys you don’t like? Jonghyun-sshi is Naeun’s first love while Doojoon-sshi is the first guy who ate Naeun’s dish. Right?” He asked but Taemin didn’t respond to him as he was busy greeting someone.

“Annyeong haseyo.” Jaehyo greeted him.

“Mr. Ahn.” Taemin shakes his hand to him.

“I left my two cameramen in Naeun’s hotel room... I’m going to ready my camera here now as the ceremony will start soon…” He said.

“Ok… Thank you.” Taemin smiled and Jaehyo entered the church.

“Who’s that?” Jongin asked.

“He’s the boy who had a crush on Naeun in middle school... He’s our head photographer….” Taemin said.

“What?”

“I’m being nice, right? I let those guys come to my wedding… It’s ok… why should I be mad about it… I’m getting married with Naeun… and that’s the most important…Besides they are not Naeun’s exes or something…” He explained.

Jongin nodded to him and he smiled and after that he saw someone.

“Oh… here’s the best guy…” Jongin said while looking to the guy who’s coming to them/

“Annyeong.” Myungsoo greeted them with Minah standing beside him. He’s holding his own slr.

“You’re with… Minah?” Taemin asked.

“Annyeong. I’m sorry for coming uninvited…” Minah said.

“It’s ok… but… why did you come here together? Are you by any chance…”

“Aniya… we’re just… friends. We met in Italy…” Minah said.

“Ahh…” Taemin nods.

“Congratulations.” Myungsoo said.

“…thank you…” Taemin awkwardly said.

“We’ll go ahead.” Myungsoo said and went inside, Minah followed him.

Suddenly an unknown man greeted him.

“Annyeong haseyo…” The man said.

“A---annyeong haseyo.” Taemin bowed and blinks his eyes.

“I’m Park Leeteuk. I’m the husband of the wedding planner.” He said.

“Oh! Nice meeting you. I’m Lee Taemin.” Taemin shake hands with him.

“I just came here to bring her some things she needs…. Can I come in?” He said.

“Of course.” Taemin smiled at him.

“Thank you.”

Not long after Leeteuk came, two ladies came and greets Taemin.

“Annyeong. I’m Lizzy and this is Eunkyung. We’re Naeun’s childhood friends.” They said.

“Thank you for coming.” Taemin smiled at them and they quickly entered the church.

Taemin continues to greet the other guest and after that, Kang Sora, the wedding planner, went to him.

“Mr. Lee Taemin. It’s time.” She said to him.

Taemin’s world suddenly paused.

“Ahh.. really..ok.” He awkwardly said.

“I already called your brother. Enter the side door with the priest together with your brother and wait at the altar, ok?” Sora said.

“…ok.” Taemin nods and took a deep breath.

“Don’t be nervous…” Sora said to him and he smiles

“Is she on the way now?” He asked.

“…yeah.”

“Taemin-ah!” Jongin said.

Taemin turned his head.

“Fighting!” Jongin said.

Taemin smiled and begins to enter the church. He entered it along with his brother and the priest and places their selves in front of the altar and waits.

While Taemin is now waiting inside the church, Naeun’s bridal car finally came and the bridesmaids and groomsmen along with the ring bearer, bible bearer and flower girls anticipates Naeun look of the bride.

Even the photographers and videographers.

Naeun’s sister and mother first got out of the car and after that, Sae-eun slowly helps Naeun to get out as she was having a hard time with her wedding gown.

“Teacher is so pretty!” Yoogeun said.

“Komawo.” Naeun said and she got off at last.

“You’re so pretty…” Jongin said.

“She really is.” Krystal said.

“Taemin will cry… I’m one hundred percent sure…” Jinki said.

“Me too…” Kwonho said.

“Kamsahamnida….” Naeun smiled at them and she took a deep breath as she was so nervous getting married.

“Anyway, let’s all go now. The bridesmaids and groomsmen, be ready and also children…be ready.” Sora said.

“YEESSS!” The children said.

“Aigooo… so cute.” Naeun’s mother said.

Sora faces Naeun and helps her with her trail as it was very long.

The bridesmaids and groomsmen along with the kids and Sae-eun entered the church and immediately stand in their positions. The large door closes and the ceremony begins.

The Krystal and Jongin walks down the aisle first while linking arms, followed by Namjoo and Jinki, then Hayoung and Dongwoon.

 

 

After going to their respective area, it is now the time where the bride will walk down the aisle. Everyone were all peeking the large door while standing, anticipating the arrival of the bride. How does her wedding dress look, how long is her train, and how beautiful is she.

 

 

But there’s this two men who are both waiting for her, to walk down the aisle, one is the man who is waiting in the center side of the isle while the other one is waiting in front of the altar.

The large wood door slowly opens. And the rays of sunlight entered the church first.

Taemin was looking selfless while staring at his bride who looks so beautiful and lovely.

 Another song played and Naeun started to walk.

 

 

Naeun reached her father after walking half way; she linked her arm against him and walks. Her father smiles and soon his eyes went glassy as he can’t believe that her daughter is getting married.

But the person who really feels so emotional was no other than the man who was waiting for her in the altar.

While she walking down the aisle, slowly coming to him, Taemin can’t help but to feel emotional while looking at her loving eyes and her beauty.

Unknowingly, his tears started to fall.

Naeun saw it and she smiled.

Not long after, Naeun and her dad reached Taemin. Her dad handed her daughter’s hand to him and both of them stands in front of the priest.

Naeun places her bouquet on the side. She looks at Taemin and gently wipes his remaining tears on his face using her thumb and smiled at him.

Taemin smiled at her too and slowly, he held her hand and both of them faces the priest.

“We are gathered here today, In the sight of God, and in the face of family and friends, to join together Taemin and Naeun in holy matrimony; which is an honourable estate, instituted of God, since the first man and the first woman walked on the earth. Therefore, it is not to be entered into unadvisedly, or lightly, but reverently and soberly. Into this Holy Estate, these two persons present come now to be joined…” the priest said.

He smiled the couple and talks to them.

“This is the day you have chosen to become husband and wife…. We are here, not only to witness your commitment to each other, but also to wish you every happiness in your future life together…. Within its framework of commitment, and loyalty, marriage enables the establishment of a home, where through trust, patience and respect, the love and affection, which you have for each other, may develop into a deep and lasting relationship...” He said.

Taemin and Naeun slight nods and smiles at the priest.

“We, who are witnessing your marriage, hope that despite the stresses inevitable in any life, your love, respect for each other, and your trust and understanding of each other will increase your contentment, and heighten your joy in living.” He said.

“Now please face each other and hold hands.” He said.

Both of them faces each other and held each other’s hand.

The priest reads the book and looks at Taemin.

“Taemin, do you take Naeun to be your wedded wife, to live together after God’s ordinance, in the Holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, honour, comfort, and cherish her, from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto her, for as Long as you both shall live?”

“I do…” He said.

The priest smiles and then he looks at Naeun.

“Naeun, same as Taemin…do you take him, to be your wedded husband, to live together after God’s ordinance, in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, honour, comfort, and cherish him, from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto him, for as long as you both shall live?”

“…I do…” She said while controlling her tears to fall.

After their state of intention, it is now the time to exchange their vows.

“No other human ties are more tender and no other vows more important than those you are about to take…Both of you come to this day with deep realization that the contract of marriage is sacred as are all of its obligations and responsibilities…” The priest said.

“Let us pray for this man and woman as they make their marriage vows.” The minister said. 

“Father, as Taemin and Naeun have chosen each other, help them and bless them, that their love may be pure, and their vows may be true, through Jesus Christ our Lord, AMEN.”

The priest smiled at them and look at Taemin.

“Take her hand…and say your vows.” He said.

Taemin faces Naeun and took her left hand.

He took a deep breath and presses his lips and reveals his wedding vows in a small piece of paper.

He closes his eyes and gulps, and he looks at her.

Then reads what he had written.

“Naeun…. Before I met you, all my days were spent in silent contemplation of what was lacking in my life and true happiness seemed to elude me… then the moment you came to my life, all my doubts and reservations were lifted and I knew for a fact that I had found what I’ve been lacking all along…”

Taemin looks at her and smiled.

“And that was your love…” He said.

“Your love made me realize what was the best thing that life had to offer… and with that knowledge I knew that my life was complete…” a tear suddenly falls from his eyes.

“Your love has made me love my life…. Every day seems like a blessing since I've met you... I feel so lucky and honoured to be in love with such a loving, beautiful and unselfish lady, like you… I love you with all my heart. Thank you for sharing your love with me. It is a truly wonderful gift...” He said.

Naeun smiled at him and wipes his tears.

“Thank you Naeun for bringing out the best in me, for loving me and for understanding me….I'm sorry for the pains you had to go through with me… I am not perfect but I will always try to work hard to be the best husband to you… and soon a father to our children…”

Naeun nods and begins to cry.

Taemin tightly held her hand and continue to read.

“Today, I take you Naeun to be my wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my one true love….I will cherish our marriage and love you more each day. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you… watch cheesy romantic movies with you, go with you shopping and not utter one complaint about the time you’re taking...”

Naeun chuckles and smiled at him.

“I will learn to do the dishes and the laundry… I will eat everything you cook…. even if the taste is very bad…. and promise not to spend too much time on my friends…. I will help you keep our home clean, happy and exciting and most especially, I promise to take care of you when you’re sick, give you a break when you’re tired and be there for you in for all eternity…”

Taemin wipes her tears and smiled at her sweetly.

“I love you, Naeun and I promise to love you unconditionally, without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage and support you to achieve all your goals and dreams…”

“From this day forward, you shall not walk alone. My heart will be your shelter and my arms will be your home. As I have given you my hand to hold… I give you my life to keep…” He said.

Taemin folds the paper and quickly placed it back in his pocket.

The priest smiled at him and nods to him.

Naeun wipes her tears and held Taemin’s left hand.

She smiled at him first and too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter